homepage

No brainer sale of the month for me

Posted By: Nixer

No brainer sale of the month for me - 11/26/21 02:07 AM

The new Beatles Get Back docu from Peter Jackson.

I'll pay $8 US for that for sure. Looking forward to watching it during my Christmas school break and then immediately cancelling Disney anything.

It's like digital colorized I guess, really good looking examples on YT.

The only bummer is Yoko sitting there like she is part of the band...
Posted By: Ajay

Re: No brainer sale of the month for me - 11/30/21 02:17 AM

Yoko..all i ever think of when her name pops up is that terrible crooning she does in that one clip.
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: No brainer sale of the month for me - 11/30/21 02:47 AM

I really want to see it too. I might have to plug my nose and give Disney a few bucks to see it. I'll just take a shower afterwards. I really wish I could just buy the DVD. I always wondered if the other guys in the band were okay with Yoko sitting in on their recording sessions. I also wonder how they felt about Linda being there too.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: No brainer sale of the month for me - 11/30/21 11:42 AM

Peter Jackson did an incredible job here. The doc completely shatters some long-held myths about the Beatles in very resounding ways.

And for the record, Yoko didn't "break up" the band as it turns out. It was actually John partially "checking out" of the band after he met Yoko which then contributed to the band members drifting apart.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: No brainer sale of the month for me - 11/30/21 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by LB4LB
I always wondered if the other guys in the band were okay with Yoko sitting in on their recording sessions. I also wonder how they felt about Linda being there too.

Yoko's presence bugged Paul but it wasn't anything major. It's not like he confronted John about it or he yelled at her! As for Linda, no one knows. Nothing has really been said about that and the doc doesn't really shed any light on it.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums