homepage

Imagine opening your door to get the newspaper and withness a dogfight

Posted By: Blade_RJ

Imagine opening your door to get the newspaper and withness a dogfight - 11/05/21 02:41 PM

Posted By: DBond

Re: Imagine opening your door to get the newspaper and withness a dogfight - 11/05/21 02:58 PM

The way that video is edited made me think someone was filming aircraft all day, then spliced it together to make it appear like a dogfight. But then I saw the Vulcan smoke and then the target aircraft in flames. Gunzo.

What's the backstory here?
Posted By: Arthonon

Re: Imagine opening your door to get the newspaper and withness a dogfight - 11/05/21 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by DBond
The way that video is edited made me think someone was filming aircraft all day, then spliced it together to make it appear like a dogfight. But then I saw the Vulcan smoke and then the target aircraft in flames. Gunzo.

What's the backstory here?

If you watch it on YouTube it has this in the description:

Video recording of the second attempted coup in Venezuela in 1992 where. An F-16 shoots down an OV-10 Bronco

Re: Imagine opening your door to get the newspaper and withness a dogfight - 11/05/21 03:56 PM

Thanks Arthonon. After reading your post I searched it to learn more (surprised I've never seen this footage) and some claim it was an AIM-9P, but I think it's clear this was a gun kill. It was one of two OV-10s (along with a Tucano) that were shot down by Loyalist forces during the coup.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Imagine opening your door to get the newspaper and withness a dogfight - 11/05/21 04:07 PM

That tiny brrrrrt was guns guns guns.

Re: Imagine opening your door to get the newspaper and withness a dogfight - 11/05/21 04:39 PM

Yeah, I had no sound. But could see the smoke on the centerline, not out on the wings.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Imagine opening your door to get the newspaper and withness a dogfight - 11/05/21 04:43 PM

Too bad the wrong side won eventually....
Posted By: Ajay

Re: Imagine opening your door to get the newspaper and withness a dogfight - 11/06/21 01:08 AM

Like a Spitfire fighting a Sopwith Camel.
Posted By: BD-123

Re: Imagine opening your door to get the newspaper and withness a dogfight - 11/06/21 10:18 AM

"Imagine opening your door to get the newspaper and witness a dogfight "
Probably an everyday occurrence for my Father posted adjacent to North Weald Airfield, my Mother living in East London and firewatching of a night in the City environs during July-October 1940!
Posted By: Arthonon

Re: Imagine opening your door to get the newspaper and withness a dogfight - 11/06/21 05:55 PM

More info about it:
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...zuelan-f-16-gunning-down-an-ov-10-bronco
© 2024 SimHQ Forums