homepage

Game subscription services

Posted By: WangoTango

Game subscription services - 10/28/21 10:48 PM

Do you belong to any ? EA Plus, Uplay Plus etc.
My son likes the Uplay Plus, so I thought I would give it a try.
Posted By: Azshal

Re: Game subscription services - 10/28/21 11:57 PM

Not for PC, not anymore (used to have Humble Bundle Monthly, years ago).

I do have Playstation Plus and Nintendo Switch Online. I like both of them. Amazon Prime gives free games every month too.

If you are thinking about getting one of them, make sure that that you really like the games that are offered and are aware of the logistics in using it. For example, if you hate EA, don't get their service.

Also, if you are no longer a member do you still have access to certain games? For instance, as a PS Plus member we get plenty of games for free, but once we let our service lapse, I am pretty sure we don't have access to those games anymore. But I think Prime's games stay with you. They are just a perk to having a Prime membership.

Re: Game subscription services - 10/29/21 12:21 AM

Good to know AZ, thanks.

I have had Playstation Plus in the past. I am strictly a PC gamer these days, and it is likely to stay that way.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Game subscription services - 10/29/21 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by WangoTango
I am strictly a PC gamer these days, and it is likely to stay that way.

I haven't touched a console since the Super Nintendo in the early 90's.

Re: Game subscription services - 10/29/21 02:59 PM

I've had every Playstation and Xbox, except the latest generation. I don't desire to have either. PC is good enough for me these days.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Game subscription services - 10/29/21 03:21 PM

We get the Humble Monthly, mainly because it has helped find a number of games my daughter and I can enjoy playing together. I suppose our family subscription to Nintendo Switch online counts, also.
Posted By: Blade_RJ

Re: Game subscription services - 10/29/21 03:41 PM

Do you belong to any ? EA Plus, Uplay Plus etc.
My son likes the Uplay Plus, so I thought I would give it a try.

i dont see currently any value in them, the xbox one on pc is bare bones and lack titles comparing to xbox (and most of those are meh to me anyway, plus use ms store ? no thanks) , EA is never seeing another dime from me again and i already own all their titles i wanted, not getting lured into to play something continuously like battlefield.
But im very surprised at the pricing ubisoft brought ubiplus to brasil, around 11 usd. But i already own most of their titles, and im not paying sub to play game before their expansion, but if i wanted to just check FC6 or what else is new, and just finish but not do all the lights and bulbs, its definitely worth it.

But as a consumer ? i prefer to wait till i can pay the price i can afford and the game with all bell and whistle, i have a huge backcolletion so.......as a patient gamer, im in no rush.

Re: Game subscription services - 11/04/21 09:05 PM

Well, I managed to get Ghost Recon Breakpoint and The Division 2, both ultimate editions for a grand total of $15.77 Canadian. Huge sale on at UBi right now. Probably going to cancel my monthly subscription.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Game subscription services - 11/05/21 10:46 AM

Well, I managed to get Ghost Recon Breakpoint and The Division 2, both ultimate editions for a grand total of $15.77 Canadian. Huge sale on at UBi right now. Probably going to cancel my monthly subscription.

Both Breakpoint and Division 2 are must-have games if you like cooperative gaming. Both games are really geared to be played in coop mode with other players. I played through both of them with a good friend and I had a blast.
Posted By: zertikat

Re: Game subscription services - 03/19/22 08:19 PM

I didn't play any console since my childhood. My brother and I loved Nintendo so much. Later, however, I didn't stick to any popular consoles, and now I prefer PC. When I was a teenager, I used to play tons of different shooting or RPG games. But now, I don't do that so often, and also, I don't like the policy of some companies that try to get as much money from you as possible. That's why I appreciated it when Valve made CS GO free. I used to play CS 1.6 before, and it wasn't difficult to switch. The cool thing is that you can actually monetize your time in the game. If you've got rare skins, you can sell or trade them through a csgo trading bot csgo trading bot. So, that's the only game I play for now. I've also been thinking about getting a new classic edition of NES. What do you think about the quality?
© 2024 SimHQ Forums