homepage

Good Job to the U.S. Marines!

Posted By: Nixer

Good Job to the U.S. Marines! - 09/24/21 04:40 PM

'Most American thing ever': Woman stranded in floodwaters saved by bus full of Marines

A woman stranded in a flash flood last week near Washington, D.C., was saved by a bus full of Marines who pushed her vehicle out of the water to safety.
Virginia Waller-Torres was driving near Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia when she was caught in rising waters during a storm on Sept. 16. A bus full of Marines pulled over next to her to offer a helping hand. Waller-Torres recorded a video of the Marines as they pushed her vehicle to safety.
"Marine power!" Waller-Torres is heard saying in the video. "This is so cool. Oh my God, this is the most American thing ever. Thank you so much!"

The Marines were "Body Bearers," part of an elite unit responsible for carrying the caskets of slain Marines.

Carry On Marines, Carry On. salute

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/marines-save-woman-flood-viral-tik-tok-video
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Good Job to the U.S. Marines! - 09/24/21 04:46 PM

A wonderful story indeed and it's nice to see something positive for once in the news.
Posted By: rwatson

Re: Good Job to the U.S. Marines! - 09/24/21 08:04 PM

As Always Semper Fi !

Re: Good Job to the U.S. Marines! - 09/24/21 09:16 PM

Thought you'd like that one Marine.
Posted By: rwatson

Re: Good Job to the U.S. Marines! - 09/24/21 10:01 PM

Yep and I'm sure there was no hesitation with them,And they were dressed properly.LOL

Re: Good Job to the U.S. Marines! - 09/24/21 10:24 PM

Yeah, I thought about that... Ultimate pride in appearance in units like theirs.

You know you could use their shoes for mirrors before they jumped in the water to help that person.

They should get a BIG attaboy for that one. Just a great piece of what it is all about.
Posted By: wormfood

Re: Good Job to the U.S. Marines! - 09/25/21 12:13 AM

Where can we pitch in to cover the dry cleaning costs?
Posted By: Coot

Re: Good Job to the U.S. Marines! - 09/26/21 12:32 AM

That is great. Thanks for posting some worthwhile news that edifies the viewer.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums