homepage

Four people headed for orbit

Posted By: Nixer

Four people headed for orbit - 09/15/21 11:53 PM

launch of the Inspiration4 mission – the world’s first all-civilian human spaceflight to orbit – aboard SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket and Dragon spacecraft from historic Launch Complex 39A at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Approximately three days after liftoff, Dragon and the Inspiration4 crew will splash down at one of several possible landing sites off the Florida coast.

Any minute now...

Good Luck!

Re: Four people headed for orbit - 09/16/21 12:41 AM

Great launch. Enjoyed the heck out of it.

Stumbled onto this while waiting for launch. What I have watched is Musk's competence beats Bezo's BS bs_sign about capabilities.

Bezos...dunno. I am going to extricate myself from Bezos, Prime and Amazon, in increments, as soon as my last Prime Expires.

Just don't like the guy....

As for NASA, I hear Boeing is trying to modify their manned spaceflight contract to a sub-orbital flight from Florida to New Jersey. rofl
Posted By: oldgrognard

Re: Four people headed for orbit - 09/16/21 12:44 AM

Tried to watch it but there was too much cloud cover.
Posted By: JimK

Re: Four people headed for orbit - 09/16/21 01:32 AM

Watched to the launch live on YouTube, but with 3 delays it took forever. But they are up there now for the next 3 days.
Posted By: BD-123

Re: Four people headed for orbit - 09/16/21 09:27 AM

Fascinating; what an amazing achievement!
Thanks for the H/U and link, Nixer, no mention in Brit media so far!

But you Mercuns and yer hootin' and hollerin'. smile
If this was an English endeavour, there would just be 'jolly good show' and firm handshakes all around followed by a well-earned cup of tea.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Four people headed for orbit - 09/16/21 10:22 AM

Uh I’m pretty sure Musk’s IQ is vastly superior to that of Bezos’s. Nuff said.

Re: Four people headed for orbit - 09/18/21 09:56 PM

And hopefully coming home at about one hour after I post this.

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Four people headed for orbit - 09/18/21 10:18 PM

The woman who is the medical officer on the flight has an incredibly inspiring story. She had an osteosarcoma when she was 10 years old but was successfully treated at St Jude hospital. She’s now a physician assistant.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums