Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 03:56 PM

Hola companeros,
Out of curiosity and slight boredom.

Who is done with it?
Which manufacturer?
And who isn't?

Me: 2 shots
Pfizer BioNTech

If I may add, I have zero interest in the reason(s) some of you may have opted out biggrin
Please keep arguments and counterarguments to PWEC.

Cheers,
Slug
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 04:03 PM

I'm getting my second Pfizer shot this coming Saturday. Hopefully the side effects will be kind to me assuming I get any.
Posted By: KraziKanuK

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 04:06 PM

Got my 2cd shot last Friday, Pfizer. No real side effects both times except a sore shoulder and tired for a couple of days.

If I want to visit my 101 year old mother need to have the vax, besides being getting up in age with some medical issues.
Posted By: oldgrognard

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 04:16 PM

2 shots Pfizer couple months ago. No negative reactions.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 04:17 PM

I continue to experience persistent headaches months after receiving my moderna vaccines.
Posted By: BD-123

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 04:22 PM

Being somewhat ancient and the UK vax system efficient, I had both mine some time ago.
Astra-Zeneca stylee, flu-like symptoms as experienced by many fellow old codgers after the first, nothing after second.
Conspiracy theory Nanobots not able to be activated as we don't have 5G in this rural part of Olde Englande.
Posted By: Wigean

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 04:23 PM

2 shots.

Moderna.

Slightly warm the morning after the second shot. Ok after a couple of hours.

But absolutely nothing I worried about.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by BD-123
Being somewhat ancient and the UK vax system efficient, I had both mine some time ago.
Astra-Zeneca stylee, flu-like symptoms as experienced by many fellow old codgers after the first, nothing after second.
Conspiracy theory Nanobots not able to be activated as we don't have 5G in this rural part of Olde Englande.

I truly enjoy reading your posts. thumbsup
Posted By: MarkG

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 04:39 PM

Pfizer (2nd shot in April...qualified early for hypertension). 2nd shot made me feel weak and achy the next day, but only for a day (I just wanted to sleep).
Posted By: Zamzow

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 04:51 PM

J&J shot about a month ago. Felt fine all day, then woke up at 1am in hell. Every single joint in my body hurt, right down to the outermost knuckles and toe joints. Thought I'd be down for a week. Then I was fine 12 hours later. Weird to be jacked up that badly for such a short time.
Posted By: rwatson

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 05:08 PM

Getting my second Pfizer shot on the 18th.no issues with the first shot hope the second one goes well.I'm one who still wears a mask when going to the grocery store ,Doesn't cost a dime and and might help.
Posted By: BUFF

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 05:14 PM

2x AstraZeneca
1st shot only "side effect" was slightly sore arm consistent with a needle being shoved into a muscle ...
2nd shot didn't even have that
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 06:40 PM

Oxford Astra Zenica, both jabs, second one on 2nd May... had zero side effects, not even a sore arm.
Posted By: rollnloop.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 07:11 PM

Pfizer twice.

1st:wife and I super tired two weeks
2nd:nothing
Posted By: BD-123

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by BUFF
2x AstraZeneca
1st shot only "side effect" was slightly sore arm consistent with a needle being shoved into a muscle ...
2nd shot didn't even have that

But you are not a 'Southern Softie' like me pal! smile
Posted By: Allen

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 07:33 PM

Me and my wife -- 2 Pfizer each this spring.

Scheduled at Hospital. Walked in. Shots literally within a few minutes after check in. Then, a mandatory 15 minute wait.

No issues (other than very slight soreness when pressing where the needle went in).

No more masks, etc. required in most places in our area -- freedom of movement and contact mostly like pre-Covid.

Mentioned in Newspaper that 95%+ of new Covid cases are for non-inoculated individuals.
Posted By: semmern

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 07:51 PM

First shot of Pfizer a month ago, didn’t notice anything, except spotty 5G and only yesterday’s edition of Pravda beamed to my retina. Expect to get the current morning’s paper after the second shot at the end of September.
Posted By: MarkG

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 07:58 PM

FYI for the US, current hot spot map...

Attached picture map.png
Posted By: FlyingToaster

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 08:18 PM

Double Pfizer.

1st: Sore arm, a bit tired, maybe a tiny fever but not much.

2nd: Slightly sore arm for a few hours, nothing else.

The promised 5G reception hasn't arrived, so maybe I should ask for my money back.
Posted By: Friday

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 08:44 PM

Astra Zenica

Shot one, didn't feel a thing, 9 hours later had high temps and felt crap, also buggered up my sense of taste enough to make me take a lateral flow test a couple of days later.

Shot two, hurt like a mofo, no side effects.
Posted By: Nixer

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 09:13 PM

Both my Moderna Shots a while back. First one hurt for a couple of days. No big deal.

Glad I did.
Posted By: NoFlyBoy

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 09:26 PM

Me got mine June.
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 09:32 PM

Got both Pfizers way back in April and May. First shot hurt more than second. So far no issues.
Posted By: RedToo

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 09:40 PM

2 shots
Pfizer BioNTech

No side effects, but people at work (school - sample of approx 60) showed the full range of side effects to both the Pfizer and the Astra Zeneca. No obvious link to age or any thing else.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 09:56 PM

You just have to roll the dice and hope it isn't craps that come up.
Posted By: vonBaur

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/03/21 09:59 PM

Moderna. Round one on February 1 and round 2 on March 1. Called my local health department the day Missouri announced that I was eligible and they called me back within, I think, two weeks or so. First one hurt for a day and a half and was sore for about three more. I made sure to move my arm around after the second shot and had no similar problem.
Posted By: Wklink

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/04/21 02:35 AM

I got both Pfizer's at the beginning of the vaccination schedule. Working with COVID patients in the ICU I felt it was the smart thing to do. Second shot made me feel somewhat crappy for a day other than that nothing major. We did notice that those folks that had COVID and recovered tended to react a little bit worse to the vaccine. Not enough to not take it but enough to put them out of work for a day or so.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/04/21 10:35 AM

My wife is a pharmacist at a major hospital in the Miami area and she shared a very interesting statistic with me:

96% of people currently hospitalized with COVID in Florida were unvaccinated at the time of admission.
Posted By: Arthonon

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/04/21 01:47 PM

I got both Moderna shots one month apart, with the second being in mid-May. Both times I had a sore arm and was a little tired for a day, with the first shot being a little worse, but that was it.

I've mentioned elsewhere here that I got a shingles vaccine a few weeks ago and it had very similar side effects, except maybe a little stronger.
Posted By: Wigean

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/04/21 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

96% of people currently hospitalized with COVID in Florida were unvaccinated at the time of admission.

That should make somebody think,
or rethink?

Leave the politics out of it.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/04/21 02:47 PM

anti-Vaxers tend to be like smokers 'It won't happen to me" the doctor that convinced me to quit told me he advised people to quit and they laughed and then he saw them in the hospital begging him to save them.most people who refuse the shot sem to base their decision by what they read and never consider the validity of the source of information,

Let’s not take this into anything political.
Posted By: Zamzow

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/04/21 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Wklink
I got both Pfizer's at the beginning of the vaccination schedule. Working with COVID patients in the ICU I felt it was the smart thing to do. Second shot made me feel somewhat crappy for a day other than that nothing major. We did notice that those folks that had COVID and recovered tended to react a little bit worse to the vaccine. Not enough to not take it but enough to put them out of work for a day or so.

That just has me even more convinced I had COVID in 2020. That shot had me nearly crippled for 12 hours. I never truly felt sick last year but for around a month I had zero energy, shortness of breath every time I climbed my stairs, was sleeping up to 15 hours every night, and lost a lot of taste sensation for several months. Also lost about 15% of my body weight from lack of appetite from that. I couldn't have held any job involving physical labor through it, despite never feeling truly sick, just very tired and weak. Kind of like how you feel right after being really sick and your body is just starting the recovery process.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/04/21 04:13 PM

My wife is a pharmacist at a major hospital in the Miami area and she shared a very interesting statistic with me:

Not just in Miami but all across the country.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/04/21 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by KraziKanuK

The statistic was for Florida and not just Miami.
Posted By: Blade_RJ

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/04/21 05:52 PM

i got the fake one, coronavac, problably doesnt even work but at least i wont get trombosis like the others.
my im tired of people posting #%&*$# testimonials because they took a shot.....its just a vacine not cure for aids or cancer !
Posted By: Herman

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/04/21 06:54 PM

Just the usual virtue-signalling
Posted By: mbeaver

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/04/21 09:26 PM

The Safeway pharmacy near me was offering a 10% off groceries coupon with the vaccine so I got the 2 Moderna shots. I was mildly ill for a couple of days after the second.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/04/21 10:03 PM

The statistic was for Florida and not just Miami.

Sorry.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/04/21 10:37 PM

I have a normally intelligent friend who has gone way off the deep end of the anti-vax crowd.

You tell him that 90% non vax folks being hospitalized and he starts sending me links to some of the fringiest conspiracy stuff I have ever seen

Oh well, I tried...

I just delete his emails now without looking at them.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/04/21 10:51 PM

Keep it to the topic.

You all shouldn’t need this reminding.
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/04/21 11:10 PM

As a person who has always hated needles, I would like to have a national law prohibiting television news shows from showing video of a needle going into someone's arm. For the last year and a half, every #%&*$# time I turn the TV on there's a needle going in someone's arm. For the love of God, this has to stop.

dizzy zombie

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/04/21 11:34 PM

I removed a couple posts that built more politics in response to Panzers post.

Keep the politics out of Community Hall. This is not the place to preach your politics or controversial beliefs .

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/05/21 10:33 AM

Sorry.

No problem. smile
Posted By: WangoTango

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/05/21 05:28 PM

Got my first shot June 1st. Sore shoulder for about half a day, the next day.
I get Pfizer #2 next Friday.
My wife had shot #2 last week. She was sick for 3 days following it. Feverish, headaches, fatigue.
Posted By: Azshal

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/11/21 03:57 PM

I got my shots back in April/May, as did my wife and her parents. Pfizer.

No side effects for me.

Minimal side effects from the second shot for my wife and her parents.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/11/21 04:08 PM

I'm glad to report that I had no fever and no major side effects from my second shot. The only issue was I felt pretty lethargic for about 24 hours after the shot. I was fine as long as I didn't have to do any strenuous physical activity.
Posted By: coasty

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/12/21 12:00 AM

February and March for me at the VA hospital and no significant side effects. Wife a month later at health dept. without problems. Good friend without vaccination in ICU over 200 days, 44 days on ventilator, heart stopped twice, still in bad shape.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/12/21 12:14 AM

Man, I’m sorry to hear that Coasty.
Posted By: Mad Max

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/12/21 01:39 AM

I have had my first AZ jab, my wife gets hers on Friday. I was quite ill for two days afterwards with COVID symptoms, now OK, just the usual.. smile
Posted By: JimK

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/12/21 01:58 AM

Had the J & J single shot June 10th at Walmart where i work. No pain, no symptoms of any sort.

Heard from many co-workers who actually had Covid and those that got sick with it after getting the
shots. Many were out for months. Then those who had the 2 shot Pfizer or Moderna got real sick afterward.

Wife wont get it. She is severely allergic to much to even try.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/13/21 05:14 PM

Just recieved Pfizer #2.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/13/21 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by WangoTango
Just recieved Pfizer #2.

Less than one week after I got Pfizer #2. Hopefully your side effects won't be any worse than mine!

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/13/21 05:41 PM

Was talking with a friend last night who just got over it, the virus that is.

No shots for him, but his girlfriend came down with it at the same time and has had both her Moderna shots, just like me....not very encouraging.

He was real sick, mainly dizzyness, aches and joint pain and his eyes drove him nuts. Said it felt like they had sand in them! He was real sick for about a week, then just kept getting better quickly after that.

He's a real healthy eater, and had been taking all his supplements. His girlfriend is still not able to go back to work, the dizzyness/balance thing has her bad.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/13/21 05:47 PM

Try to imagine what she would have been like if she hadn't got the jabs and had built up antibodies.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/13/21 05:54 PM

Try to imagine what she would have been like if she hadn't got the jabs and had built up antibodies.

Good point. Many people are under the impression that you cannot get COVID if you are fully vaccinated. You can still get it but you are more likely to have a mild case or be asymptomatic.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/13/21 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by WangoTango
Just recieved Pfizer #2.

Less than one week after I got Pfizer #2. Hopefully your side effects won't be any worse than mine!

Thanks. I will share any side effects.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/14/21 04:20 PM

Woke up with a mildly sore arm. First jab was worse. (same shoulder) No other side effects.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/14/21 04:36 PM

The shoulder hurt more with Pfizer #2. First jab the skin was pinched. Not so the 2cd jab.
Posted By: The Nephilim

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/17/21 03:06 AM

well I got my fitrst shot 2 weeks ago just a sore arm for a few days. I get my other shot in 2 weeks time. I got the Maderna vaccine if that matters.. I hope all goes well still wondering about long term effects of the mRNA stuff..
Posted By: Docjonel

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/24/21 05:47 AM

Pretty much all the cases we are seeing now are the delta variant as it has rapidly become the dominant strain worldwide.
I have a patient in his 70's who just tested positive for COVID despite having had the vaccine. He got cold-like symptoms on a Friday and was feeling better the following Monday. Decided he would get tested and it came out positive.

I spoke two days ago with someone at a major teaching hospital in South Carolina. She said they were being overwhelmed and had ten patients under the age of 30 die of COVID in the last week.

That's the difference between being vaccinated and not vaccinated.

Re: Covid-19 Jab - Who got it ? - 08/24/21 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Docjonel
Pretty much all the cases we are seeing now are the delta variant as it has rapidly become the dominant strain worldwide.
I have a patient in his 70's who just tested positive for COVID despite having had the vaccine. He got cold-like symptoms on a Friday and was feeling better the following Monday. Decided he would get tested and it came out positive.

I spoke two days ago with someone at a major teaching hospital in South Carolina. She said they were being overwhelmed and had ten patients under the age of 30 die of COVID in the last week.

That's the difference between being vaccinated and not vaccinated.

All of this corroborates with what my wife has told me. She's a pharmacy manager at a major hospital and the hospital has been at maximum bed occupancy for several weeks now due to the influx of COVID patients almost all of which were unvaccinated when admitted to the hospital.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums