homepage

YouTube is weird.

Posted By: Dart

YouTube is weird. - 06/16/21 09:00 PM

My little YouTube channel is just there for me to share goofups and repair stuff on the Nieuport, along with some oldie but goodie flight sim videos I made a long time ago.

I put up a very short video of a crappy landing back in 2017 as a laugh, and it had around 250 views all told.

Until last weekend, that is, when apparently it was plucked by the algorithm for recommendation.

Now it has over 67,000 views, of which 64,339 have been in the last five days, and it's climbing.

I'm actually getting comments from people I don't know, and some of them are entertaining. smile

Why this one hit the recommendations while the others haven't is a mystery:

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: YouTube is weird. - 06/16/21 10:20 PM

Look at you Dart! We have a YouTube celebrity on SimHQ now. smile
Posted By: vonBaur

Re: YouTube is weird. - 06/17/21 01:12 AM

That was you? I was one of those 64339, by the way.
Posted By: vocatx

Re: YouTube is weird. - 06/17/21 01:15 AM

It popped up on my list last night. I watched it, but I'd seen it before. I'm not too sure about the whole algorithm thing, some pretty weird stuff pops up on my list from time to time.

I really enjoy you videos about the Neuport. By the way, how is the re-build going?
Posted By: JimK

Re: YouTube is weird. - 06/17/21 01:38 AM

Been there, Done that.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: YouTube is weird. - 06/17/21 02:36 AM

Those Rise of Flight 2 alpha graphics are amazing! I want in on that action...
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: YouTube is weird. - 06/17/21 10:39 AM

So are you rolling in the dough already Dart from all of those hits to your YT channel? smile
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: YouTube is weird. - 06/17/21 06:35 PM

After I checked out Dart's You Tube channel, the algorithm is now showing me all kinds of light weight and experimental aircraft videos. I have now gone down yet another You Tube rabbit hole. I can't stop watching these things.
Posted By: Chef

Re: YouTube is weird. - 06/17/21 08:02 PM

I'm not going down Dart's rabbit hole. There's no telling where that rabbit has been.
Posted By: WhoCares

Re: YouTube is weird. - 06/18/21 07:46 AM

That's one thing for the "highlighted" video.
More interesting would be how many more hits did your other videos get since then as well - as in, how many people stayed to check out some more videos, or maybee even subscribe to your channel.
Posted By: Nixer

Re: YouTube is weird. - 06/18/21 01:50 PM

Ooops, wrong thread. Solly. blush
Posted By: Ajay

Re: YouTube is weird. - 06/18/21 09:33 PM

Dam n that thing looks a tight fit Dart, i've had socks that were looser.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums