homepage

Some funny Facebook observations

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Some funny Facebook observations - 05/05/21 11:53 AM

For those of you who have a Facebook account, have you noticed a relatively recent surge in fake accounts which either comment on or "like" your posts? By "fake accounts" I'm talking about accounts with photos of very scantily/sexually dressed women who in all seriousness look like high price call girls. My most recent experience with this was one of these fake accounts liking a comment I made about the performance of Malcolm McDowell in "A Clockwork Orange" in the Stanley Kubrick group. I checked out the account which liked my post and I knew immediately that this is NOT a Stanley Kubrick film geek. biggrin
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: Some funny Facebook observations - 05/05/21 12:19 PM

Yes they're usually only a few days or a couple weeks old and have no friends, no pictures except profile pics and sometimes not even the same person.

Re: Some funny Facebook observations - 05/05/21 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by KRT_Bong
Yes they're usually only a few days or a couple weeks old and have no friends, no pictures except profile pics and sometimes not even the same person.

I wonder what the purpose is of those accounts? Some kind of info phising?
Posted By: Chucky

Re: Some funny Facebook observations - 05/05/21 12:51 PM

YouTube is rife with them. I must report 3-4 a day.
Posted By: NoFlyBoy

Re: Some funny Facebook observations - 05/05/21 01:13 PM

Facebook and Twitter for boring old people. Tik Tok, IG, Snap!!

Re: Some funny Facebook observations - 05/05/21 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
Facebook and Twitter for boring old people. Tik Tok, IG, Snap!!

Now I know you are under 25 or you're just trolling. It's hard to tell which to be honest.
Posted By: JohnnyChemo

Re: Some funny Facebook observations - 05/05/21 02:56 PM

Embrace the healing power of "AND"

Re: Some funny Facebook observations - 05/05/21 03:31 PM

I've studied NFB's posts and have calculated that he is aged between 5 and 60.
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Some funny Facebook observations - 05/05/21 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyChemo
Embrace the healing power of "AND"

thumbsup
Posted By: Arthonon

Re: Some funny Facebook observations - 05/05/21 04:39 PM

I don't post enough on Facebook to have noticed that trend, but I do see friend recommendations from Facebook that are often very attractive, younger women with whom I have no mutual friends, and I always wonder why.

I checked a few to see why there might have been a recommendation and I don't even see anything of mutual interest, like cars or something, so I wonder how that Facebook algorithm works. Maybe they figure I am desperately lonely and by recommending a hot woman I will use their site more or something.

Re: Some funny Facebook observations - 05/05/21 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Arthonon
and by recommending a hot woman I will use their site more or something.

Bingo. Facebook management knows that they have been bleeding users for a while now to competitors so they have been desperate to retain them in any way possible.
Posted By: wormfood

Re: Some funny Facebook observations - 05/05/21 06:29 PM

Trend? I've seen that since the beginning. One of the reasons I've never really used it.
Posted By: Nixer

Re: Some funny Facebook observations - 05/05/21 11:50 PM

What's facebook?

Re: Some funny Facebook observations - 05/06/21 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Nixer
What's facebook?

Apparently it's something only "old people" use now.
Posted By: Ovidiumark

Re: Some funny Facebook observations - 05/29/22 04:30 PM

There are so many scammers on Facebook that I completely abandoned this social media a few months ago. It has become too difficult to get through all these comments and messages with weird stuff.
So, I have decided that I will be mainly based on Instagram from now on. It is not much better, but I at least can filter out some things there, and I get much more orders from my IG account than from any other sources. Also, I was able to get much more IG views with the help of ****** and now my account gets visited 2 times as often as it used to be. Sometimes, I start to get so many orders that I have to put them on hold, and my income rises. I am glad that I can focus mainly on IG now and now waste my time on Facebook.

Re: Some funny Facebook observations - 05/29/22 06:01 PM

Talking of scammers, here's one now.

Just waiting for the edit so you can be nuked.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums