Watch and draw your own conclusions...

https://www.wnct.com/news/offbeat-a...-shaped-ufos-swarm-above-navy-destroyer/

[Linked Image]

More articles:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ufos-spotted-navy-best-the-world-has-seen

https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/details/series/ufos-declassified
Posted By: BD-123

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/16/21 08:30 AM

"This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws."

But, but I'm not 'European' any more!
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/16/21 10:26 AM

I'm an English chap... not some European wallah!... and another thing. What about our 'special relationship?' Bah!
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/16/21 12:16 PM

Another alarmist UFO story that will be forgotten about by next week.
Posted By: Arthonon

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/16/21 02:11 PM

I only watched a shorter clip, and while the video footage is interesting, the stuff said didn't seem to have any real support, unless they talked about some other source of information in the longer video. They talk about gravitational propulsion systems and other stuff for which there is no data to support. If you jut look at the videos without the commentary, you couldn't automatically come to their conclusions. They are looking to prove alien spacecraft exist and view these videos in that context, and are not looking at the videos objectively.
Posted By: Blade_RJ

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/16/21 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Arthonon
I only watched a shorter clip, and while the video footage is interesting, the stuff said didn't seem to have any real support, unless they talked about some other source of information in the longer video. They talk about gravitational propulsion systems and other stuff for which there is no data to support. If you jut look at the videos without the commentary, you couldn't automatically come to their conclusions. They are looking to prove alien spacecraft exist and view these videos in that context, and are not looking at the videos objectively.

so you are saying that the object in the video that confounded even the fighter pilots from the navy, and their commander, because the story is they were tracking said objects for weeks, including with sonar when they submerged is actually just part of the us military arsenall....when the description of the object match the foo fighters from ww2, korea, and other places ?
sure,,,,,,,,,,sure.......nothing alien or non human about it at all.
Posted By: Allen

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/16/21 04:06 PM

Hey, around 60 years ago I saw a "UFO" while on an open boat night fishing in a very large lake -- 2 or so miles across (I had not been drinking).

Around, 2am on a crystal clear night -- all the stars were showing. Flew right overhead -- it appeared as a tiny ball of light (classic).

It zig-zagged very substantially as it crossed from one side of the lake to the other (when I looked up and first saw it it was already over one side of the lake and it moved over us towards the other side as we watched).

It changed direction at sharp angles as it passed overhead. Could not see a reason for the zig-zags (never saw an airplane do that -- felt no wind to blow a balloon -- no drones in ~1960). As it approached the far shore, it suddenly sped up, went straight for the horizon and vanished in the distance within seconds -- just like a space ship in a science fiction movie might. At no time was there any sound.

The whole event was a minute or so (can't be sure anymore). The guy in the boat with me saw it also. I can't imagine a more "believable" point-of-light style UFO. We didn't report it -- who'd believe it?

When it was over, I thought about it. I assumed there was a non-UFO explanation.

Most likely to me at the time was a "glowing" balloon of some sort that was following high altitude air currents swirling over the lake that we could not feel. But, what if it wasn't? smile

In summary, a Cool experience smile
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/16/21 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Allen

Around, 2am on a crystal clear night -- all the stars were showing. Flew right overhead -- it appeared as a tiny ball of light (classic).

What color was it?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/16/21 04:51 PM

"White or yellow white" like the stars to our eyes. It looked like an oversize moving star.

Objectively, it was not necessarily "glowing". It may have been reflecting in some way.
Posted By: RossUK

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/16/21 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

PM - I really like your posts they are among the best on this forum, but from past posts I do think you are very closed minded about this stuff. Don't take it as an insult because I like your views. But I think you are far too dismissive on this stuff. Just my opinion.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/16/21 05:05 PM

"White or yellow white" like the stars to our eyes. It looked like an oversize moving star.

Objectively, it was not necessarily "glowing". It may have been reflecting in some way.

Interesting. How big? At first I'd say satellite, but they don't zigzag at all, plus in 1960 there were hardly any.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/16/21 05:09 PM

lol debunkers on youtube claiming it was an object on the lens of the flir or IR system.....sure.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/16/21 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by RossUK

PM - I really like your posts they are among the best on this forum, but from past posts I do think you are very closed minded about this stuff. Don't take it as an insult because I like your views. But I think you are far too dismissive on this stuff. Just my opinion.

I am open to the possibility of intelligent life existing outside of Earth but the deluge of sensationalized and unsubstantiated stories from the new media has certainly not helped in giving me any certainty. I’ve seen countless UFO “sighting” stories over the past several years and nothing has ever materialized.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/16/21 05:27 PM

I am open to the possibility of intelligent life existing outside of Earth but the deluge of sensationalized and unsubstantiated stories from the new media has certainly not helped in giving me any certainty. I’ve seen countless UFO “sighting” stories over the past several years and nothing has ever materialized.

you have seen usa media reporting on ufo in the last decades.....its VERY different from what it used to be. They actively mocked it for entertaining while covering their asses like, but could it be ? i miss serious documentaries with serious people, even if they extrapolate on what they had material.

if you want to remove any doubts about ufos on earth just google operacao prato, in brazil...guy responsible for it, was suicided after he talked to tv, the mother of one of the deceased in the attack never got permission to bury the kid, all authopsies reports were classified. in a small riverbed town ! Also the varginha case of 3 kids who saw an EBE ? you know the official story from the air force ?
that they dispatched a patrol unit to help TWO (not one) midget couple, who were in need during the heavy rainstorm.....well i dont know about you but, generaly the fireman dont dispatch a whole truck unit with animal capture netting to help anyone, and when they do, they dont hide the coroner report and deny the family burial when one of their own dies, also....why the heck would the air force even making a rescue operation with their own fireman team because someone called for help? WHO EVEN HAS THE NUMBER OF THE AIRFORCE ?!?

Their excuse was so lame,also they basically confirmed the two sightings, when people were not sure if two different EBE were seen or if it was the same one.And they took one casualty that needed to be biologically contained.....to rescue two midget couple in a rainy night.......

Word in the vine is that a US crew came to salvage what was collected in a week and the comander of the base wanted nothing to do with it.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/16/21 05:41 PM

Very good point. The media doesn't help. Mentioning little green men etc. I was always a skeptic, Fravor and a couple of other accounts make me think the West (America) has either made some quantum leaps in powerplants and manoeuvring ability, or...another state has. We all know that Russia are behind the USA and I doubt the Chinese could do it without copying someone.

Bottom line, some very professional pilots/people are seeing things that can't be accounted for and act in ways previously not possible. It deserves attention.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/16/21 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman

Interesting. How big? At first I'd say satellite, but they don't zigzag at all, plus in 1960 there were hardly any.

Just a "big star". Stars are points. This seemed "rounded" -- but barely. Not moon size or anywhere near to our eyes. Your concept of satellite size is reasonable. As you note, satellites don't zig zag and they don't suddenly accelerate and disappear over the horizon (our item "appeared to" -- but there may have been another explanation I'm not aware of).

Its the zig-zags and speed change that made it special to me. Had it just drifted across our vision and eventually out of sight, I would have thought balloon or something "normal".

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/16/21 06:54 PM

The problem I have with most of this is that we are almost certainly not getting all of the info about these, so who knows what it could be.

This reminds me of ancient man: "Are you saying that the huge flash in the sky, and the rumbling after that, are just natural? Are you crazy? It has to be the gods..."
Posted By: Zamzow

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/17/21 12:54 AM

In 1993 me and a buddy saw something moving around in the sky that we couldn't make heads or tails of.

It looked like the police helicopter with its searchlight on, but in heavy fog to where it was just this cone shaped beam coming from a point source and extending out maybe a couple hundred yards before being obliterated by the fog.

We couldn't see any aircraft, just this cone of white light.

But we quickly realized some problems with the police helicopter theory. For one there was no sound. I'm fully aware of how airplanes can be silent to an observer on the ground via various wind or acoustic conditions, but this "helicopter" was only about 2000 feet up, maybe one mile away, right over a virtually unpopulated area, it was like 2am, and the night was dead silent. No WAY a HELICOPTER could have been 100% silent to us in these circumstances.

And no navigation lights, strobes, nothing.

Also this thing was moving in a straight line. When the police helicopter is using the searchlight they always fly in a circle. Nevermind the fact that the searchlight would have been useless anyway under the circumstances.

But the kicker was when this thing "disappeared into the fog" - or at least that's what it looked like to us. It was at that point we noticed the stars - there was not a cloud or patch of fog in the sky anywhere.

So we didn't even see any object, just this weird, precisely shaped light beam that started as a point source, shone maybe a couple hundred yards, then stopped, which was moving at a speed you'd expect from a helicopter.

And then it just kind of faded away.

We debated it for hours, and concluded there was no way it originated from the ground, but we sure couldn't even come up with any IDEAS of what this could have been...
Posted By: NoFlyBoy

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/17/21 01:17 AM

reading that the Navy says they are flying pyramid. They still don't say those are spaceship from another planet/ ET race.

Govt will never admit there are spaceship from outer space flying around our skies. They will always say they are lights or something we can't explain, we don't know what they are but we definitely don't think they are extra terrestrial spaceships.
Posted By: Nixer

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/17/21 01:38 AM

Yep, it's Ra's sister and she is po'd!

Nobody but the snakeheads fly pyramids, don't you guys know anything?

Thank god they are probably just looking for cute girls...oh wait...if it's Ra's sister, but pretty sure she's not looking for female soccer players!

I am gonna give them OG's number, he's more their type. winkngrin

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/17/21 05:45 AM

Big Stargate fan, Nixer?
Posted By: KraziKanuK

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/17/21 10:35 AM

A young lady I knew many years ago was travelling down this secondary road out in the country late at night. All of a sudden this bright light appeared out of nowhere and followed her. She freaked. It pulled ahead of her eventually and she saw it was a helicopter. There had been a prison break and it was the cops.
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/18/21 04:49 AM

A friend of mine was an ATC in the Air Force. He has seen some things. They knew when an SR-71 crossed their screens, but there were other "things" that went much faster and changed direction too suddenly to be Blackbirds.
Posted By: Crane Hunter

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 04/18/21 04:50 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/17/21 02:53 PM

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ufo-military-intelligence-60-minutes-2021-05-16/ Is this the same from the USS Russell?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/17/21 02:56 PM

Yawn.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/17/21 06:29 PM

Next time the Air Force or the Navy/Marines see one of those UFO, shoot it down. Then you have evidence on the ground to see if it's made on Earth or made on Mars.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/17/21 06:35 PM

dizzy

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/17/21 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
Next time the Air Force or the Navy/Marines see one of those UFO, shoot it down. Then you have evidence on the ground to see if it's made on Earth or made on Mars.

You do know that "UFO" is not synonymous with "alien spacecraft from another world" right?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/17/21 07:17 PM

You do know that "UFO" is not synonymous with "alien spacecraft from another world" right?

Has any on earth made that definite ? It could be earth made technology (made in another country) the USA doesn't have. 60-70 years ago a B-2 and F-117 would be seen as being extraterrestrial.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/17/21 07:48 PM

Oh, that's a great idea! Let's chance an interstellar incident by firing upon an up to this point otherwise peaceful yet potentially radically advanced alien civilization...

That will end well.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/17/21 07:50 PM

60-70 years ago a B-2 and F-117 would be seen as being extraterrestrial.

Yeah, no.
Posted By: carrick58

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/17/21 08:28 PM

Well, 20 years ago while camping at a Campground in the California N.W. I was walking under the night sky with a woman when we noticed a group of lights in the distance sky Move then Spin then that part of the sky went dark. ? Later in the week she told me she called the AF Base ( Travis ? ) and the person on the phone said We dont want to hear anything about U F O's. What was it ? Why no one was curious ? Reflections ? Gas ? Multi Aferburners ? As for me , I was more concern about interruption of Romance.
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/17/21 09:31 PM

So let's see here. In many cases these UFOs appear to be making manuevers beyond what we can currently do, while not exhibiting any hostility towards us. So naturally, you want to shoot at what may arguably be superior technology and risk starting a war with it/them, because you think it might be aliens and you _really_ want to know...

duh
Posted By: WangoTango

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/17/21 09:38 PM

60-70 years ago a B-2 and F-117 would be seen as being extraterrestrial.

Yeah, no.

hahaha
Posted By: Haggart

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/18/21 09:24 PM

Suddenly more news of the UFO's that has been declassified. Not a big mystery - we're simply being watched by an advanced civilization who is curious about our world. Given the size of the cosmos and the universe ask yourself - not only have we beamed our signals into the far reaches of space, we've sent out our spacecrafts (Voyager) with details about our civilization including our location. I don't for one minute believe we're the only space traveling civilization out there among more than a hundred trillion planets (give or take). Someday Panzer will come around when one lands in his backyard !

abducted

Hi all, god bless smile

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/18/21 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Haggart
Suddenly more news of the UFO's that has been declassified. Not a big mystery - we're simply being watched by an advanced civilization who is curious about our world. Given the size of the cosmos and the universe ask yourself - not only have we beamed our signals into the far reaches of space, we've sent out our spacecrafts (Voyager) with details about our civilization including our location. I don't for one minute believe we're the only space traveling civilization out there among more than a hundred trillion planets (give or take). Someday Panzer will come around when one lands in his backyard !

abducted

Hi all, god bless smile

Wow, back after a year! Were you...abducted by aliens? biggrin
Posted By: David Kennard

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/18/21 09:53 PM

Are these being declassified due to age or . . ?

My thought asking that is that satellite imagery would seem to be a nice way to see these incidents, specially when they happen under the eye of a "really good" spy satellite.

I believe that there is life out there somewhere but the terrible quality of all footage of these incidents makes it hard to make a case for what they are either way, earthbound of ET..

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/18/21 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by CyBerkut

So let's see here. In many cases these UFOs appear to be making manuevers beyond what we can currently do, while not exhibiting any hostility towards us. So naturally, you want to shoot at what may arguably be superior technology and risk starting a war with it/them, because you think it might be aliens and you _really_ want to know...

duh

Independence Day. Mars Attack. Battle Los Angeles. We welcome them to Earth. They start a war.
Posted By: DM

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/18/21 10:19 PM

I've seen stupider threads. But not many.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/19/21 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by DM

Usually the one sniped by you.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/19/21 12:33 AM

abducted

Hi all, god bless smile

Hag glad you are ok! Seriously missed your input here in CH, not saying I agreed with it, just missed it. neaner

smile

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/19/21 02:11 AM

Hi all, god bless smile

Hi Haggart!

You're back!

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/19/21 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by DM

Don't worry, DM. We know you have all the answers, every single one.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/19/21 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Nixer
Originally Posted by DM

Usually the one sniped by you.

Yeah OK I'll take that smile and I'll apologise for it. I should change the order I visit forums, here first, PWEC later wink

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/19/21 10:06 AM

Hehe, thanks Nixer smile

Blastman I may come in once in a while ...... i have about 7 months until i retire now and will be 65 yrs old. Still gaming though .... playing World of Warcraft with the boys and looking to play Diablo 2 "Resurrected" after 20 yrs. I figured out a way to get my money back from game subscriptions .....buy Blizzard stock (ATVI) ! cheers

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/19/21 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by DM

The amount of insipid and flippant threads has increased dramatically since a certain member who shall remain unnamed joined SimHQ roughly about one and a half years ago.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/19/21 10:37 AM

Hehe, thanks Nixer smile

Blastman I may come in once in a while ...... i have about 7 months until i retire now and will be 65 yrs old. Still gaming though .... playing World of Warcraft with the boys and looking to play Diablo 2 "Resurrected" after 20 yrs. I figured out a way to get my money back from game subscriptions .....buy Blizzard stock (ATVI) ! cheers

It's good to see that you haven't totally quit SimHQ!
Posted By: TerribleTwo

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/19/21 06:23 PM

With a show of hands, how many here believe that the US Military would ever reveal their latest technology? It’s funny, how they just hang around “military” areas.

Case closed. Can we move on now without these stupid UFO sightings?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/19/21 06:29 PM

Thanks Terrible Two. You stated it perfectly. smile

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/19/21 06:47 PM

Current year U.S. military:

https://www.airforcemag.com/pregnant-airmen-needed-to-test-out-usafs-maternity-flight-suits/

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/19/21 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by TerribleTwo
With a show of hands, how many here believe that the US Military would ever reveal their latest technology? It’s funny, how they just hang around “military” areas.

Case closed. Can we move on now without these stupid UFO sightings?

The Russians and ChiComs as well.
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/19/21 07:10 PM

II think the media attention to these sightings is just because they need some more time filler stories. Just keeping the public on edge. It's like a game with them.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/19/21 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by LB4LB
II think the media attention to these sightings is just because they need some more time filler stories. Just keeping the public on edge. It's like a game with them.

Bingo. The news media knows that traditional journalism is quickly going the way of the dinosaur so they'll run any sensationalized story in order to keep the mouse clicks and the viewings going.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/19/21 07:47 PM

So Fravor and Dietrich are lying. And the congressional report that is being prepared is just the Government wasting money.

But TerribleTwo, you are an F-18 pilot aren't you so you know better than Fravor.

I'm not saying Aliens but something is happening and it could be foreign tech that is far more advanced that US. Which I doubt.

What did Fravor see then, illuminate us all.
Posted By: RMachucaA

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/19/21 08:04 PM

Take out your bias against world views\media opinions etc, and see it for what it is, evidence of something beyond our technological capabilities (99.9% chance its not some secret warp speed technology from some skunk works company making a visit around known military flight paths\navy fleet location).

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 04:00 AM

Should we start taking bets now on SimHQ on whether or not anything of consequence will arise from this upcoming Congressional report? smile

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 06:01 AM

Same question to you then PM. What did Fravor et al see? Is he lying? And I guess more importantly have you even listened to his account? Lex Friedman's podcast with Fravor would be a good start in educating yourself rather than making glib remarks constantly with no actual explanations for what these pilots are seeing.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 06:18 AM

What I see is evidence of things so unusual they are worth further investigation, rather than a simple dismissal.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 06:23 AM

Exactly Blastman. I have said several times in not saying Aliens. I'm saying whatever it is it seems to be unexplainable.

I know one thing, if those things had a Red Star on them, the American people would be up in arms that nothing was being done.

I have a feeling fear is the main reason people joke, dismiss and belittle people who question this phenomenon.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 09:33 AM

Same question to you then PM. What did Fravor et al see? Is he lying? And I guess more importantly have you even listened to his account? Lex Friedman's podcast with Fravor would be a good start in educating yourself rather than making glib remarks constantly with no actual explanations for what these pilots are seeing.

Without too much identifying info, I will say that my uncle was a Brig General at an air force base, he flew in Vietnam, flew F-86, F-100, A7 Corsairs, F16's, etc, etc ,etc.. knowing my uncle also allows me to say this:

1) Just because youre a jet pilot, doesn't grant you access to intelligence nor does it grant you automatic privilege in knowing everything about everything. I think we all respect pilots of course, but generally speaking, they don't know anymore than most of us. They fly a plane. They can operate the controls, they can read radar, they can land and takeoff, etc, etc, etc.. and I'm speaking from the vantage point of conversations with my Uncle, a massively superior individual as far as the Air Force goes.

And now point 2.

2) These things just mysteriously hang around military bases and ships? Come on man. I've heard a lot of weird explanations, like, oh these aliens are doing intelligence gathering, monitoring our weaponry, etc, even c, etc.. riiiiiiiight. Because an alien civilization who can fly around the universe within seconds, needs decades to gather intelligence on our simple technology.

I certainly don't mean to demean or impune any military pilot, I'm pointing out the obvious, they are humans. Are some kooks? Yes. Are some conspiracy theorists? Yes. Are some prone to the same illusions and beliefs that afflict us all. Yes.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 09:45 AM

Multiple pilots on the Fravor occasion. They all suffered the illusions?

Did you listen to his account? Because if you didn't then you don't pick up on the nuances. He was the commander of the Black Aces at the time.

You have not offered any explanation other than your uncles opinion what these sightings were, and saying they do not know now than us is correct but their ability to observe and explain IS. They are classed as professional witnesses.

I definitely agree most sightings all have rationale explanations, this one doesn't.

I ask you again. What did they see? And if you reply that you haven't read all the accounts and evidence then frankly I don't know why you're getting involved in this topic.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 10:00 AM

Multiple pilots on the Fravor occasion. They all suffered the illusions?

Did you listen to his account? Because if you didn't then you don't pick up on the nuances. He was the commander of the Black Aces at the time.

You have not offered any explanation other than your uncles opinion what these sightings were, and saying they do not know now than us is correct but their ability to observe and explain IS. They are classed as professional witnesses.

I definitely agree most sightings all have rationale explanations, this one doesn't.

I ask you again. What did they see? And if you reply that you haven't read all the accounts and evidence then frankly I don't know why you're getting involved in this topic.

I think a better approach to judging this information, is to take out the emotion part, or better phrased, the illogical explanation, although I believe emotions play a huge role here. The emotion being, it has to be some type of alien technology cuz we've never seen anything like this. Let's use common sense, why are these things only around military targets?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 10:16 AM

They are not, Fravor's sighting was where the carrier group was but not a military installation and the object was away from the carrier.

I see again you will not give an explanation so I will at least give you my interpretation. My personal belief is they are not Alien, the distances involved I think the likelihood too small, especially with our current grasp of space travel.

Weirdly I think the alternative more worrying. I believe what these pilots say they, so a nation most likely have invented something which looks like could revolutionise travel etc. I hope this nation is a friendly nation and for instance the USA testing their kit out. But then why year it so openly where the pilots were.

There are more questions than answers in this case. I like to think I'm an open-minded skeptic. I'd love it to be Aliens, but I just don't see it. But it looks like at least now the issue is being looked into.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 10:24 AM

The "obvious" and logical explanation is advanced technology manufactured here on Earth. I thought I already implied this when I said that our military never gives up intelligence about current technology? I'm simply trying to avoid an argument with someone who believes in aliens. So it seems we are on the same page?

These are drones. Nothing more nothing less.

And in reference to the same object being observed 60 miles away in just a few seconds, I believe there was a movie about an illusionist and he would disappear and then reappear somewhere else in the auditorium. I think that's all I need to reference.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 10:38 AM

I do believe in aliens. With the size of this universe I fail to see we are alone. I just do not believe with the current evidence we have proves they are visiting.

If they are drones they are being powered by something unknown. But yes, that is the most prosaic explanation.

But hopefully this report will shed light on the matter. I doubt it though.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 10:46 AM

I do believe in aliens. With the size of this universe I fail to see we are alone. I just do not believe with the current evidence we have proves they are visiting.

If they are drones they are being powered by something unknown. But yes, that is the most prosaic explanation.

But hopefully this report will shed light on the matter. I doubt it though.

I don't suspect the report will do anything except further the belief in aliens. With the military being so compartmentalized now, the hand has no idea what the fingers are doing. I do suspect that alien Elon Musk may be behind it though... Hmmm.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 11:04 AM

Elon Musk never sleeps judging by his work ethic so he must have at least some alien DNA inside of him.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 12:41 PM

There was a rash of sightings after the A bombs had been detinated

There is also the case of objects in the sky over an ICBM base and the base then went dead > nothing worked.
.https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2021/04/nukes-and-ufos-at-malmstrom-air-force-base/

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 12:43 PM

Elon Musk never sleeps judging by his work ethic so he must have at least some alien DNA inside of him.

Is it possible that Jesus had alien DNA ? immaculate conception? Then there is the Resurrection where he floats up into the sky.
Posted By: wormfood

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 01:06 PM

I don't know about Elon, but from what I saw of Bo Jackson back in the day, he may be all or part Kryptonian.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 01:31 PM

I think the distances in space may keep us isolated from much of the Universe, however it doesn't mean these are not Alien in origin. They may be sentient probes. Beings like ourselves may be too weak to change direction and speeds such as these objects are observed but a machine might and since none have (so far as we know) exhibited any hostile posture there has been as yet no reason to engage them. But the fact that they have seemingly taken an interest in our Military, I wonder if we should attempt to shoot one down? There have been many "stories" about some kind of meeting between our Military and some little grey men, perhaps we already know for sure who they are and where they come from and the information is so secret that it's only know to a select group and the latest reveals are unfortunate "leaks".

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 01:33 PM

I sense another X-Files tv series revival coming soon.....

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 02:40 PM

2) These things just mysteriously hang around military bases and ships? Come on man. I've heard a lot of weird explanations, like, oh these aliens are doing intelligence gathering, monitoring our weaponry, etc, even c, etc.. riiiiiiiight. Because an alien civilization who can fly around the universe within seconds, needs decades to gather intelligence on our simple technology.

Maybe after a long day of bovine rectal cavity exams, they need to blow off some steam with a little sport? Chasing the bugs and seeing how they react could be fun now and then.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by KRT_Bong
I think the distances in space may keep us isolated from much of the Universe, however it doesn't mean these are not Alien in origin. They may be sentient probes. Beings like ourselves may be too weak to change direction and speeds such as these objects are observed but a machine might

Without going into the physics, consider for a moment that if instead of the craft moving through space, it is instead moving space around itself, then the occupants inside would experience no momentum shift when the craft changes direction.

Think record needle on a record. The needle is stationary, but the record spins round and round. This would go a long way towards explaining other phenomena associated with these sightings, too, given the theoretical science involved.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 06:40 PM

I have probably said this before, but back in the '70s I would read the UFO books, and one of the things they always pointed out to add credibility was that something was tracked on radar. Now it seems that that would almost be proof that it wasn't some advanced alien craft, because if it were, they could probably have much better stealth capability than we have now.

The thing that gets me about the more recent releases is that the craft seem different in each sighting, sometimes very different. Why would an alien race send different looking craft so often? To me, that seems much more consistent with experimental craft being developed and tested.

And for anything to be an alien spacecraft visiting us, there would first have to be aliens, of course, and we have absolutely no evidence for that so far. To claim that these are alien spacecraft without even knowing whether there are intelligent aliens anywhere in the universe just seems like skipping a step.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 07:16 PM

How many different kinds of airplanes are there?

alien: differing in nature or character typically to the point of incompatibility

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/20/21 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by KraziKanuK
How many different kinds of airplanes are there?

A bunch, but 1. they all have very similar characteristics and 2. I see the same types over and over again. (737, A300s, etc.) I don't see a different looking airplane every time I see one.

alien: differing in nature or character typically to the point of incompatibility

Sure, the word alien has different definitions, but if you want to go with that one, it in no way implies extraterrestrials, or even people from a different place.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/21/21 12:39 PM

Hehe, thanks Nixer smile

It's good to see that you haven't totally quit SimHQ!

Someone has to defend the possibility of Alien visits from the UNBELIEVERS ! xwing biggrin
Posted By: Nimits

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/22/21 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by RMachucaA

(99.9% chance its not some secret warp speed technology from some skunk works company making a visit around known military flight paths\navy fleet location).

What is your evidence/reasoning for that statement?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/22/21 05:41 PM

Not sure I agree with the 99.9 percent claim. BUT, if these pilots/accounts are to be believed, then I doubt even the US would have the technology to have craft that can travel at these speeds and the ability to manoeuvre the way they do.

I think ultimately we are going round in circles so the question should be, do we believe these pilots/radar operators/back seaters etc accounts or not? If we do, then it seems to me quite obvious what the answer is. If not, then yes, the answer could be very terrestrial.

Funny, we trust these guys/girls to be in control of 80+ million dollars worth of kit but when they put themselves in the spotlight and say what they've seen - certain keyboard warriors seem to know better.

I honestly think that some closed minded people on this site and in society are scared of even contemplating we are not the apex of evolution. Drones, could be. Russians, could be. China, could be. Aliens, no way!

I wonder how many opinions are clouded by religious beliefs. And no, I don't want this going PWEC.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/22/21 06:42 PM

RossUK, you'd be surprised but some of the naysayers aren't religious at all.

I think there's an equal spread between religious and non-religious who don't believe in aliens, based on my own anecdotal encounters.

Some folks just don't, do not want, or can't believe in aliens, for whatever reason.

The general public doesn't have any evidence, other than photos, video and heresay. I do know that if a human being were in a craft that accelerated such as these accounts describe, their organs would be liquefied and they'd be dead. There's ways around this--conventionally, even, but I don't think we have all the necessary components to make this work, yet. We have most, though--for helping a human sustain 30+ gs, but the methods would seem bizarre and unfathomable to many.

If we did capture alien tech with the military, then maybe we'd be able to attempt to produce such engine/drive technology that propels these craft. Otherwise, I'm very doubtful these are man made. I can't claim this with certainty, though.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/22/21 08:10 PM

Can't add anything to that post Blastman. Perfect.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/22/21 11:26 PM

RossUK, you'd be surprised but some of the naysayers aren't religious at all.

I think there's an equal spread between religious and non-religious who don't believe in aliens, based on my own anecdotal encounters.

Some folks just don't, do not want, or can't believe in aliens, for whatever reason.

The general public doesn't have any evidence, other than photos, video and heresay. I do know that if a human being were in a craft that accelerated such as these accounts describe, their organs would be liquefied and they'd be dead. There's ways around this--conventionally, even, but I don't think we have all the necessary components to make this work, yet. We have most, though--for helping a human sustain 30+ gs, but the methods would seem bizarre and unfathomable to many.

If we did capture alien tech with the military, then maybe we'd be able to attempt to produce such engine/drive technology that propels these craft. Otherwise, I'm very doubtful these are man made. I can't claim this with certainty, though.

This post is poorly worded at best, or shows a lack of understanding for most of the counter points here at worst.

First of all, I'm pretty sure no one said they don't believe in aliens, they just don't think it's likely that these craft are alien, and that's a big difference. And it goes against your point of them not wanting to believe. I fully believe it is likely that there is alien life, possibly intelligent, and possibly more advanced than us. That doesn't mean that I have to accept these sightings as alien spacecraft.

Second, you talk about what would happen to humans in craft pulling 30+ Gs, but it's very possible these craft are not manned (or aliened), and have no life on board, whether of alien or human origin. Air-to-air missiles can pull 20 Gs, from what's been released, so there are certainly human-built craft that could handle something like what you're seeing there, from a force perspective.

On top of that, you're really at the point of having to prove two things - first, that there are aliens capable of building such craft, and second, that these craft are built by them. Since we have no evidence of either, it seems quite a stretch to jump to the conclusion that they are alien spacecraft.

When I was a kid, I remember looking up in the dark, night sky and seeing a yellow glowing ball of light with red and green blinking lights in a couple of spots around it. I was fascinated by it, but then realized that I was seeing a military helicopter with blinking lights turning on final to the near-by base, and the yellow ball was the residual light from when I looked at a street light a moment before I saw the helo. It was then that I understood how people could mistake common things for strange craft in the sky. When you're looking at something through a camera, from moving craft, with zoom lenses, optical factors like parallax and lack of context can make things look like they are moving in ways they are not. I think it is very possible that if you took a remote drone that was maneuvering in ways manned aircraft couldn't, and then threw in a couple of optical factors that added confusion, even a trained military pilot might not understand what they were seeing.

None of that proves that these are *not* alien spacecraft, but when trying to decide what something unexplained is, I can either choose to base my analysis on things we know [people's senses being easily confused, poor conditions making things difficult to make out accurately, the development of secret vehicles that fly at night and may not be well-known] and things we don't know [whether there is alien life at all, whether alien life could be intelligent, whether intelligent alien life is visiting Earth], I am going to skew in favor of the things we know. If someone wants to leap over the unknowns, why not just choose that they are Atlantians, or time travelers, or just highly evolved beings that have been locked under the earth for eons and are just now getting out. Why are any of those less likely than extraterrestrials?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/22/21 11:52 PM

If these objects in the sky are US vehicles, wouldn't one think the US would using them against their enemies in one way or another?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/22/21 11:53 PM

This post is poorly worded at best, or shows a lack of understanding for most of the counter points here at worst.

Not poorly worded, but in the spirit of denigration, which your reply seems to be, dumbed down so the average folks could understand.

I'd rather not nerd out unless I have to.

I am skeptical of remote control from human sources because in some accounts these craft have entered the sea and emerged elsewhere. Water is wonderful at breaking up radio transmissions, so this alone is reason to give pause at them being remotely operated.

Also, the craft ability to change direction suddenly, without propellant trails or wake disturbances suggests an engine technology beyond anything known to man.

There's clues in the footage and the accounts, so take what you will from them.

I'll trust the accounts of our armed servicemen and women--I see no reason for them to lie, particularly when their records, ranks and pensions are on the line.

As I said at the end of that post,

I can't claim any of this with certainty.

We just don't know.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/22/21 11:54 PM

If these objects in the sky are US vehicles, wouldn't one think the US would using them against their enemies in one way or another?

Very fair point.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/23/21 02:22 AM

Not poorly worded, but in the spirit of denigration, which your reply seems to be, dumbed down so the average folks could understand.

I'd rather not nerd out unless I have to.

If any denigration is going on here it's from you. All I'm saying is that when you said "Some folks just don't, do not want, or can't believe in aliens, for whatever reason" you either didn't word it accurately or weren't understanding what other people said. They weren't saying they didn't believe there were aliens, just that these sightings probably weren't aliens. I wasn't sure if you meant they didn't believe in aliens in general or just these craft being of alien origin. If you meant they didn't believe aliens existed, you were wrong, and if you meant they didn't think they were alien spacecraft, your reply was poorly worded.

I am skeptical of remote control from human sources because in some accounts these craft have entered the sea and emerged elsewhere. Water is wonderful at breaking up radio transmissions, so this alone is reason to give pause at them being remotely operated.

OK, so maybe they are flying a pre-programmed routine, or perhaps using VLF frequencies, which may be enough to be used under water, or it could use a hybrid system using radio above the water and a piezo electric transducer to convert radio to acoustic signals when under water, perhaps controlled through a buoy connected to a near-by sub. Any of these things would seem to be much more likely than unknown aliens flying around.

Also, the craft ability to change direction suddenly, without propellant trails or wake disturbances suggests an engine technology beyond anything known to man.

There's clues in the footage and the accounts, so take what you will from them.

I'll trust the accounts of our armed servicemen and women--I see no reason for them to lie, particularly when their records, ranks and pensions are on the line.

As I said at the end of that post,

I can't claim any of this with certainty.

We just don't know.

Exactly - we just don't know, so jumping over other more plausible options to aliens seems like too large of a jump to make, in my opinion. Similar to what I've said in other discussions, we don't immediately assume that gnomes we have never seen hid the remote when we can't find it, we start with the most likely scenarios and go from there.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/23/21 02:58 AM

Not necessarily. The US has not been faced with an imminent existential threat recently.

You can look at the F-117 and B-2 programs for examples of the US holding back from revealing technology; the F-117 was IOC in 1983, and the HAVE BLUE program was flying in 1977, but the plane was not revealed until 1988.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/23/21 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Nimits

Not necessarily. The US has not been faced with an imminent existential threat recently.

You can look at the F-117 and B-2 programs for examples of the US holding back from revealing technology; the F-117 was IOC in 1983, and the HAVE BLUE program was flying in 1977, but the plane was not revealed until 1988.

So you think the US wouldn't have used this mysterious technology to do something about N Korea's nuke and missiles, for example?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/23/21 12:16 PM

I honestly think that some closed minded people on this site and in society are scared of even contemplating we are not the apex of evolution. Drones, could be. Russians, could be. China, could be. Aliens, no way!

I wonder how many opinions are clouded by religious beliefs. And no, I don't want this going PWEC.

I was just thinking about that the other day too. I believe in God, angels, spiritual beings, and I believe they are present on Earth. So I guess Im qualified to speak for the religious community.

So if people told me, hey I saw a bunch of angles hanging out at the local McDonald, and *only* at McDonald's, I guess I'd be a little skeptical and ask, why are angles only being spotted at McDonald's?

I think people who believe in aliens, should have the ability to brush aside their beliefs too and ask some hard questions. The first being, why are these things only being spotted near military targets and bases for decades now? Is our primitive technology that interesting and that amazing that an alien race needs decades to monitor it?

I'm sure there are far more interesting things to monitor in our world. That vast sprawling cities, the numerous wonders of the world, the skyscrapers and towers reaching 1000's of feet into the air, the Kennedy Space Center, the mass of airports and hubs for the largest airplanes in the world, sporting events, music concerts, and rallies that draw tens of thousands of people at a time, the many monuments and structures sprawled throughout our world, etc, etc..

But no, more interesting than any of that, is a lone warship in the middle of the ocean off the coast of San Diego...Come on man!

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/23/21 02:03 PM

No, they might find it far more interesting than the mental shoving match in a Forum discussion on whether they exist...

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/23/21 02:30 PM

I was just thinking about that the other day too. I believe in God, angels, spiritual beings, and I believe they are present on Earth. So I guess Im qualified to speak for the religious community.

So if people told me, hey I saw a bunch of angles hanging out at the local McDonald, and *only* at McDonald's, I guess I'd be a little skeptical and ask, why are angles only being spotted at McDonald's?

I think people who believe in aliens, should have the ability to brush aside their beliefs too and ask some hard questions. The first being, why are these things only being spotted near military targets and bases for decades now? Is our primitive technology that interesting and that amazing that an alien race needs decades to monitor it?

I'm sure there are far more interesting things to monitor in our world. That vast sprawling cities, the numerous wonders of the world, the skyscrapers and towers reaching 1000's of feet into the air, the Kennedy Space Center, the mass of airports and hubs for the largest airplanes in the world, sporting events, music concerts, and rallies that draw tens of thousands of people at a time, the many monuments and structures sprawled throughout our world, etc, etc..

But no, more interesting than any of that, is a lone warship in the middle of the ocean off the coast of San Diego...Come on man!

I respect your beliefs but I could argue that there is more proof of aliens than there is of angels. But you believe in them yet aliens not visiting cities proves their lack of existence?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/23/21 04:01 PM

No, they might find it far more interesting than the mental shoving match in a Forum discussion on whether they exist...

Get out of bed the wrong side today?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/23/21 07:33 PM

I respect your beliefs but I could argue that there is more proof of aliens than there is of angels. But you believe in them yet aliens not visiting cities proves their lack of existence?

You could argue that, but notice I didn't say anything about my veracity in the a belief of God or your veracity about the belief in aliens.

I'm simply pointing out that we need to take a very objective approach to these events, and ask some very simple, yet difficult questions.

With that on mind, how would you make the argument that these advanced aliens have spent over 20 years monitoring military bases and targets, while literally ignoring everything else in the world?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/23/21 07:37 PM

You could argue that, but notice I didn't say anything about my veracity in the a belief of God or your veracity about the belief in aliens.

I'm simply pointing out that we need to take a very objective approach to these events, and ask some very simple, yet difficult questions.

You are someone I would very much like to talk to over a glass of wine/whatever you drink.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/23/21 07:47 PM

About the military targets idea. I agree it does seem to be a recent thing. And from my career I would say these installations have CCTV far better than the stuff domestically available. But then I bet there is issues with military CCTV being released.

I've said before, I'm an open minded skeptic. I'll say I lean sightly towards believing due to what I've read, but I'm no hard liner.

It's a fascinating subject.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/23/21 07:54 PM

Not at all, I just sense a little shall we say combativeness in some of the back and forth.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/23/21 08:43 PM

Not at all, I just sense a little shall we say combativeness in some of the back and forth.

Ok, guess writing stuff instead of talking, you lose the context. Strange times!

Stay safe.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/23/21 08:48 PM

With that on mind, how would you make the argument that these advanced aliens have spent over 20 years monitoring military bases and targets, while literally ignoring everything else in the world?

How do you know it is only military bases and targets and ignoring everything else? UFOs have been seen for 1000s of years.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/23/21 11:07 PM

From nearly 30 years ago.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/24/21 12:23 AM

Food for thought for those who have replied:

"Why are all the UFOs different? Why so many? Why aren't they all the same model?"

Well, consider this...

What if there are a lot more alien civilizations out there than we can imagine? Perhaps the Earth has become some sort of side show exhibit, sort of like the dinosaur in the desert or the big chicken restaurant?

Then you have to wonder... who's selling the tickets?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/24/21 01:18 AM

Perhaps Military bases etc. are the only places with the technology to actually detect the UAP activity. It may be happening else where undetected.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/24/21 04:43 AM

How do you know it is only military bases and targets and ignoring everything else? UFOs have been seen for 1000s of years.

Might be a product of our monkey thinking. Thousands of years ago, anything we saw we didn't understand was reported as Gods & demons. Later on anything we didn't understand was reported as miracles, saintly activity, angels visiting. Later on and anything we don't understand is reported as aliens. I think it's more a product of what we currently use to entertain ourselves with.

Anything us monkeys see that we don't understand, we'll call it magic with some conscious intent behind it. It's an evolutionary quirk. Monkeys who imagine that grass blown around by the wind is actually a lion moving it around tend to last longer over time smile

And I'm naturally suspicious when airforce base/military base locations with high magnification/unknown distance unclear footage is shown with no real perspective or parallax cues. A small thing moving around normally can easily look like a large thing moving around abnormally. Very easily.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/24/21 08:31 AM

I can't believe these 'experts' can't or won't see reality. It's almost like they have an agenda or something. I don't expect you to watch the whole video but you should.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/24/21 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Chucky
I can't believe these 'experts' can't or won't see reality. It's almost like they have an agenda or something. I don't expect you to watch the whole video but you should.

Lol, "peak stupidity" biggrin I like it.
Posted By: Sunchaser

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/24/21 10:30 AM

Well that turned into a "Let's bash Tucker" fest, leading to a check of the video posters politics, not too surprising.

If there are billions of something, are we to believe that only one contains something?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/24/21 11:12 AM

I don't see what politics has to do with it. Thunderfoot is calling out the hyperbole of the MSM over this so called 'alien invasion' along with those 'experts'.

I see a parallel with flat earthers,breatharians,'ghost hunters' et al, all trying to sell you something.

All I see in that video is someone actually looking at the footage and explaining what is happening rather than exclaiming 'it must be aliens'.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/24/21 11:32 AM

I don't see what politics has to do with it. Thunderfoot is calling out the hyperbole of the MSM over this so called 'alien invasion' along with those 'experts'.

I see a parallel with flat earthers,breatharians,'ghost hunters' et al, all trying to sell you something.

All I see in that video is someone actually looking at the footage and explaining what is happening rather than exclaiming 'it must be aliens'.

Bingo.

Look, it's not difficult to see the motive here by the news media. Traditional news media has been hit HARD by the fact that most consumers now get their news primarily online and often from sources besides the big cable and network news sources. They are desperately sensationalizing any story they can in order to drive up their ratings (ie keep their advertising money coming in.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/24/21 11:54 AM

Bingo.

Look, it's not difficult to see the motive here by the news media. Traditional news media has been hit HARD by the fact that most consumers now get their news primarily online and often from sources besides the big cable and network news sources. They are desperately sensationalizing any story they can in order to drive up their ratings (ie keep their advertising money coming in.

I love how you are more interested in the news media coverage than enlightening us what Fravor et al saw?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/24/21 12:40 PM

What he saw was 'unidentified'. Just like the FA-18 footage of a 'UFO' that was in all probability a large bird. If you watch the video of that particular incident and still tell me it's a 'UFO' then I don't know what to say.

Go to the 5 minute mark of that video where the expert says that unexplained things were happening 'every day for a couple of years'. And yet there is no footage. How odd. If it was 'everyday' as he states then surely you would be there with your camera proving the existence of 'otherworldly events'. But all we get is out of focus evidence when it is presented.

I'd be interested if any of our real world pilots would go to around the 19min 50 sec mark in that video and tell me what they see. Are those aircraft position lights/anti-collision lights?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/24/21 12:53 PM

So Fravor and 3 other aviators there during the incident saw a seagull. Case closed, thanks for your insight.

You have read his credentials right?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/24/21 12:58 PM

This just proves that you never watched the video,I have nothing more to say. You obviously 'need to believe' whilst ignoring any evidence put before you to the contrary.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/24/21 01:09 PM

I have watched it. What proves I haven't seen it?

If you have read this thread you'll see how I stand about the subject, so I don't need to believe.

I am impressed you know better than all the pilots, radar operators, RIO's.

I'd personally be more likely to think it was a drone, albeit far more advanced than we know about. To suggest they saw a bird like you state is ignorant.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/24/21 01:15 PM

I've read the whole thread, it's crazy. I'll leave you to it, good luck.

Oh,I never said I knew more than those pilots, I just looked at the evidence supplied by Thunderfoot. If you show me evidence and facts I tend to believe that.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/24/21 01:26 PM

So the pilots accounts are not evidence? Ok.

I live by the sea and just saw about 40 UFOs. Oops my bad, they are seagulls.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/24/21 04:23 PM

My position is we don't know, and I'll happily review footage and evidence as it becomes available. Until we meet a living, breathing, alien in the flesh and shake their hand--or have definitive communications from them that can be proven to be of extraterrestrial origin(see the movie "Contact" for an example), the skeptic in me can't and won't definitively claim that aliens exist.

However, the sci-fi part of me wants them to because that'd be really cool and imply many nifty "sciency" things.

All footage is worth examining in the interim.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/24/21 09:29 PM

I'm in no hurry for us to encounter a species that is technologically superior to us, and is very likely to be the apex predator of whereever it is that they come from.
Posted By: Sunchaser

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/25/21 02:20 AM

Anyone, or thing, nice that comes to Earth will probably be destroyed as soon as possible, if we can do it.

Any apex predator of where ever it is that they come from might just be nice and if they are, will probably be destroyed as soon as possible if we can do it.

If there are such beings I would advise them to come in shooting. I really hope they do not.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/25/21 09:22 AM

I see F-18's and seagulls. Plain as day. Let alone the flashing beacon lights...

Oh and as pointed out earlier, this advanced race seems to have a fascination with our military, and only our military...

Just one of many videos that clearly illustrates the lunacy that is being encouraged by the media.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/25/21 09:48 AM

It's the current nature of the US media unfortunately. It seems to be rife with pantomime and idiocy. Not saying it's unique in that, but it is the most accomplished :/

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/25/21 10:00 AM

TT, are the other militaries of the world being watched by these objects?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/25/21 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by DM
Not saying it's unique in that, but it is the most accomplished :/

I see it as one of the few drawbacks to being the current global superpower. You're also absolutely correct about the US news media being rife with pantomime and idiocy. It's the modern day version of "panem et circensis".

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/25/21 01:23 PM

I'm not sure, but if I was a military craft designer, I'd be sure to get plenty of practice.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/25/21 10:45 PM

No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter. It is possible that the infusoria under the microscope do the same. No one gave a thought to the older worlds of space as sources of human danger, or thought of them only to dismiss the idea of life upon them as impossible or improbable. It is curious to recall some of the mental habits of those departed days. At most terrestrial men fancied there might be other men upon Mars, perhaps inferior to themselves and ready to welcome a missionary enterprise. Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us.
The War of the Worlds;
Book One
The Coming of the Martians
Chapter One
The Eve of the War

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/27/21 05:13 AM

(99.9% chance its not some secret warp speed technology from some skunk works company making a visit around known military flight paths\navy fleet location).

What is your evidence/reasoning for that statement?

As much as i'd love to think we as a species can learn\develop technology that is capable of doing things that have been witnessed, we're not.

Being in the aerospace industry has given me a new understanding about a lot of things, I can confidently say we're not there yet, far from it.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/27/21 05:15 AM

I'm not sure, but if I was a military craft designer, I'd be sure to get plenty of practice.

Yes, remember when you google things in english, you only get english results, try looking for information using other languages, its a whole new side of the internet you've never seen :P.
Posted By: rollnloop.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/27/21 06:34 AM

https://twitter.com/cia/status/484429844777037824

https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/technology-innovation/aerial-technology-light-show.html

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/27/21 10:39 AM

Yes, remember when you google things in english, you only get english results, try looking for information using other languages, its a whole new side of the internet you've never seen :P.

But..but..Hollywood has already demonstrated that any kind of alien visit or invasion would come to the US first! How dare you question that.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/28/21 05:10 PM

Makes sense!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Reticuli

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/29/21 06:57 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/31/21 12:57 PM

The Nazis had UFO too

The UFO we seeing maybe Nazi technology one or more of the Allies countries took from the Nazis after the war ended. Nazi technology help the Allies countries in many ways including the space program, jet fighters, nuclear missiles. So UFO can't be out of the question.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/31/21 02:18 PM

This will be my last visit to this thread due to the level of absurdity and stupidity reaching an unbearable level.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/31/21 03:12 PM

This will be my last visit to this thread due to the level of absurdity and stupidity reaching an unbearable level.

Also, I retract my previous apology.
Posted By: RedToo

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/31/21 04:31 PM

NFB stop teasing Panzer. smile

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/31/21 04:38 PM

Perhaps we all need to chip in and have this product sent to NFB's household?

[Linked Image]

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/31/21 05:35 PM

The Nazis had UFO too

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/31/21 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
Perhaps we all need to chip in and have this product sent to NFB's household?

[Linked Image]

Brilliant!
Posted By: Reticuli

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 05/31/21 10:32 PM

They're here, but Die Glocke is still horsepucky.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/02/21 10:47 PM

I see F-18's and seagulls. Plain as day.

So you think the might american navy would waste their time tracking seagulls ?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/02/21 11:16 PM

Blade, if your post was serious, then..... Thank you.

These pilots are not seeing birds or balloons. Though a couple of keyboard warriors on this site know better than them.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/03/21 01:18 AM

These pilots are not seeing birds or balloons. Though a couple of keyboard warriors on this site know better than them.

Pilots, even fighter pilots, are just normal people with (sometimes) slightly better eyesight and reflexes, that know how to operate the controls of an airplane. They are, on average, no more (or less) adapt at discriminating what is a potentially alien UFO than anybody else.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/03/21 02:14 AM

Pilots, even fighter pilots, are just normal people with (sometimes) slightly better eyesight and reflexes, that know how to operate the controls of an airplane. They are, on average, no more (or less) adapt at discriminating what is a potentially alien UFO than anybody else.

Do you have ANY real statistics to back that statement up with? Anything...

As just an old and non current pilot, who has known, flown with, and/or gotten seriously drunk with more than few pilots...airline pilots, fighter jocks, crazy loach pilots shot down a couple of times in Laos (miss ya Frank), B-24 100 mission pilots (Thanks COL Jack), USAF hot fighter jocks who spent more than eight years as a guest of the charming NVA (thanks for letting me drive your Porsche Larry), and I totally disagree with that statement. The nature of flying culls the less adept, and just flying ANY aircraft makes you look at things in the sky differently. I really have a hard time imagining career Navy carrier pilots, do you have any idea what a dangerous occupation that is, failing to distinguish a freakin flock of freakin seagulls from some kind of powered vehicle, that lack of SA would have culled them years ago, either dead or taken off flying status.

You don't fly jets off an aircraft carrier for many years without serious Situational Awareness. Those guys are no doubt pretty adept at knowing a seagull from a WTF_PWN_BBQ flying thing.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/03/21 05:54 AM

Some people need to remember that the earth is round, and that things that fly over the horizon disappear from view, not hit the water :/

Anyone can see something they don't understand at first, anyone. Pilots might be more savvy than your average Joe but they're stull subject to it. It's not even limited to pilots, any expert in any field regularly sees stuff related to their field that they don't understand at first.

If the video of narrators being astonished at some hot object flying over the horizon is the standard of proof, then I think we're OK as far as being imminently invaded by Mars or Russians or time travelers.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/03/21 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by DM
Some people need to remember that the earth is round, and that things that fly over the horizon disappear from view, not hit the water :/

Anyone can see something they don't understand at first, anyone. Pilots might be more savvy than your average Joe but they're stull subject to it. It's not even limited to pilots, any expert in any field regularly sees stuff related to their field that they don't understand at first.

If the video of narrators being astonished at some hot object flying over the horizon is the standard of proof, then I think we're OK as far as being imminently invaded by Mars or Russians or time travelers.

did you not see my video of RADAR CONTACTS tracked by the navy that simply disapeared ? do you think it went beyond the horizon and the radar missed it ? FFS !
you think a FLEET is going to mistake seagulls for a unknown contact and track it for one hour when its going by 300 km/h ? that is the fastest seagull ever.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Blade_RJ
did you not see my video of RADAR CONTACTS tracked by the navy that simply disapeared ? do you think it went beyond the horizon and the radar missed it ? FFS !

Radar contacts appear & disappear all the time, for all kinds of reasons. Effective correlation circuits are always an ongoing development.

you think a FLEET is going to mistake seagulls for a unknown contact and track it for one hour when its going by 300 km/h ? that is the fastest seagull ever.

The clip I saw, the laughter & joviality of the operators made it clear that they were tracking something trivial. Like a duck. The clip I saw, the relative velocity doesn't make the duck very fast, only fast if the aircraft were stationary. The duck looks fast in the footage because it's very small, and the sea behind it is exaggerated because of the field of view on the camera. The distance to the duck and the aircraft altitude and the camera angle are not inconsistent with duck probability. These details can be seen on the HUD, where they aren't (possibly) redacted anyway.

Sometimes a duck is a duck, not an alien.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 12:39 AM

Do you have ANY real statistics to back that statement up with? Anything...

Only many years of personal experience and decades of aviation accident history.

Am curious what statistics would be relevant either way to assess the accuracy of pilots identifying UFOs, though . . .

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by DM

Radar contacts appear & disappear all the time, for all kinds of reasons. Effective correlation circuits are always an ongoing development.

The clip I saw, the laughter & joviality of the operators made it clear that they were tracking something trivial. Like a duck. The clip I saw, the relative velocity doesn't make the duck very fast, only fast if the aircraft were stationary. The duck looks fast in the footage because it's very small, and the sea behind it is exaggerated because of the field of view on the camera. The distance to the duck and the aircraft altitude and the camera angle are not inconsistent with duck probability. These details can be seen on the HUD, where they aren't (possibly) redacted anyway.

Sometimes a duck is a duck, not an alien.

so you ignored the video i posted on the last page, i see.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 06:51 AM

I saw it, but I didn't see anything compelling. Without the layered context of a UFO sighting it sounded more like operator training. Some still images, some video of a hot object flying over the horizon. Am I expected to believe the hot object hit the water exactly on the horizon? That's not the most obvious explanation.

It suffers from what all the other videos suffer from - simply a lack of clarity, always a fuzzy IR footage that can have an easy explanation, but presented as if it does not. Showing IR footage alongside radar screen footage as though they are connected, when it is not obvious that they even are. With cameras everywhere, with every adult owning one right in their pocket, still the only evidence is fuzzy IR and choppy radar footage. That's just what I see, I can't make myself see something that isn't there.

Why is there even radar screen footage from a military ship? Isn't that stuff restricted? The primary reason for filming something like that in the first place is for training AAR, which is what it sounded like.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 07:41 AM

Hey. The free range eggs I got from Walmart the other day I have no evidence they are really free range.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/03/politics/intelligence-officials-navy-pilot-ufo-encounters/index.html

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 07:56 AM

The evidence is growing. Interesting stuff.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 11:58 AM

I see F-18's and seagulls. Plain as day.

So you think the might american navy would waste their time tracking seagulls ?

I think the US Military isnt going to reveal their modern technology.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 02:36 PM

Not a duck, not a seagull. Claiming so is just straight up trolling.
Probably Chinese tech.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 03:09 PM

Trolling OR fear. Probably both.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 03:31 PM

True.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by DM

I saw it, but I didn't see anything compelling. Without the layered context of a UFO sighting it sounded more like operator training. Some still images, some video of a hot object flying over the horizon. Am I expected to believe the hot object hit the water exactly on the horizon? That's not the most obvious explanation.

It suffers from what all the other videos suffer from - simply a lack of clarity, always a fuzzy IR footage that can have an easy explanation, but presented as if it does not. Showing IR footage alongside radar screen footage as though they are connected, when it is not obvious that they even are. With cameras everywhere, with every adult owning one right in their pocket, still the only evidence is fuzzy IR and choppy radar footage. That's just what I see, I can't make myself see something that isn't there.

Why is there even radar screen footage from a military ship? Isn't that stuff restricted? The primary reason for filming something like that in the first place is for training AAR, which is what it sounded like.

so you didnt watch the video you just skip past it, the video that you claim to be training,leaked from official investigation that is going to the congress, the sensitive military stuff is blurred, nothing new, even gulf war footage still has hidden azimuth and heading of apache footage.
who has cameras everywhere ? survailance cameras look DOWN, no one carries digicams anymore, cellphones cameras use auto focus for close objects, and most people are taking pictures of themselves. But there are quite a few unanswered footage of unknown lights that gets captured on home survailance cams, specially those in more rural areas, since they tend to point more to horizon than down.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 04:46 PM

reveal their modern tech ? you mean https://www.reddit.com/r/BirdsArentReal/
its out there already https://www.audubon.org/news/are-bi...nes-so-says-new-conspiracy-theory-making
Are Birds Actually Government-Issued Drones? So Says a New Conspiracy Theory Making Waves (and Money)

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 04:48 PM

This thread entered "X-Files territory" a long time ago. wink

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 05:27 PM

And yet, you come back to post sarcastic remarks?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 05:31 PM

And yet, you come back to post sarcastic remarks?

Yes. I felt it was quite apropos at this juncture.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 05:41 PM

And yet if a certain other forum member posted the X-Files comment you would no doubt have relished posting an acerbic comment about it.

If you have nothing coherent to say on this thread I would take your own advice and not visit the thread again.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 05:42 PM

And yet if a certain other forum member posted the X-Files comment you would no doubt have relished posting an acerbic comment about it.

If you have nothing coherent to say on this thread I would take your own advice and not visit the thread again.

Dude, relax. If it bothers you that much just put me on your ignore list. Trust me, I won't lose any sleep over that.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 05:44 PM

I'm chilled mate. Just saying it like I see it.

Have a great weekend.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/04/21 05:46 PM

Dude, relax. If it bothers you that much just put me on your ignore list. Trust me, I won't lose any sleep over that.

Nah, I like your views on films/TV.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/05/21 11:42 AM

reveal their modern tech ? you mean https://www.reddit.com/r/BirdsArentReal/
its out there already https://www.audubon.org/news/are-bi...nes-so-says-new-conspiracy-theory-making
Are Birds Actually Government-Issued Drones? So Says a New Conspiracy Theory Making Waves (and Money)

Do you have a link to the US Military's most advanced drones?

I have a couple drones that run on small batteries, and they can fly 35 mph, change direction on a dime. And these are the low end Mavic Mini drones that are around $500.

Just imagine what one can do with a $1.2 billion drone.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/05/21 12:49 PM

Just imagine what one can do with a $1.2 billion drone.

I doubt the Pentagram, with it's "highly efficient" R&D and procurement folks could make a competitor for the Mavic for less than $3 Billion.
Posted By: Dart

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/05/21 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by wormfood

I don't know about Elon, but from what I saw of Bo Jackson back in the day, he may be all or part Kryptonian.

Coming in late to this thread, and this deserves highlight, as it made me literally spit coffee on the monitor.

On space aliens:

There's a huge mass filter on rocketry, known as the Tyranny of the Rocket Equation. Turns out the Earth is (once again) in the Goldilocks range of mass that allow rockets to escape gravity; if the Earth was slightly larger in mass, it would simply be impossible to launch a rocket into orbit. The percentage of weight of propellant to the rocket itself would go over 100 percent. The best we can do is about 4 percent payload allowed...and yes, there is a point of diminishing returns to the size of rockets.

Why does this matter? If the Earth was slightly less in mass, the core of the planet would probably cool (or maybe not, thanks to Theia giving us more core material than we deserve); and without a hot spinning core we wouldn't have a magnetic field and lose our atmosphere, as Mars did. Life - we're talking complex life - really suffers if there's not a decent atmosphere that supports liquid water.

Assuming that complex life follows the same rules elsewhere as it does here (and we have zero evidence that chemistry and physics aren't universal), that means that smaller planets just don't have the moxie to give us Little Green Men.

Larger planets, however, could. Even a planet twice the size of the Earth could be very Earth-like, given a proper sun and orbit. There could very well be a Super Earth out there with Little Green Men toiling away on their Internet arguing that interstellar travel is impossible as gravity makes launching something into orbit impossible - thanks to the tyranny of the rocket equation.

So UFO's being full of LGM is remote in the extreme, owing to the filters that life has to navigate through to get to interstellar travel, let alone the distances required.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/05/21 03:43 PM

Excellent points, Dart.

Plus, without a magnetosphere, we'd be baked by cosmic radiation--though, the atmosphere would likely be stripped before that happened, such as what has happened with Mars.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/05/21 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dart

Coming in late to this thread, and this deserves highlight, as it made me literally spit coffee on the monitor.

On space aliens:

There's a huge mass filter on rocketry, known as the Tyranny of the Rocket Equation. Turns out the Earth is (once again) in the Goldilocks range of mass that allow rockets to escape gravity; if the Earth was slightly larger in mass, it would simply be impossible to launch a rocket into orbit. The percentage of weight of propellant to the rocket itself would go over 100 percent. The best we can do is about 4 percent payload allowed...and yes, there is a point of diminishing returns to the size of rockets.

Why does this matter? If the Earth was slightly less in mass, the core of the planet would probably cool (or maybe not, thanks to Theia giving us more core material than we deserve); and without a hot spinning core we wouldn't have a magnetic field and lose our atmosphere, as Mars did. Life - we're talking complex life - really suffers if there's not a decent atmosphere that supports liquid water.

Assuming that complex life follows the same rules elsewhere as it does here (and we have zero evidence that chemistry and physics aren't universal), that means that smaller planets just don't have the moxie to give us Little Green Men.

Larger planets, however, could. Even a planet twice the size of the Earth could be very Earth-like, given a proper sun and orbit. There could very well be a Super Earth out there with Little Green Men toiling away on their Internet arguing that interstellar travel is impossible as gravity makes launching something into orbit impossible - thanks to the tyranny of the rocket equation.

So UFO's being full of LGM is remote in the extreme, owing to the filters that life has to navigate through to get to interstellar travel, let alone the distances required.

That is literally the best post I've read. I've learned something today. Thanks.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/05/21 04:58 PM

On space aliens:

well said, but i see though your bias....you assume LGM comes from space, no one said that. what if they come from inside earth ? can we really assume all dinossaurs the longest living species on earth save for bacteria,fungi and plants would be wiped by a single cataclismatic event, when they evolved to survive many others before,the change of earth geography,but a bunch of lizard-like mammals ,small rodents and fish did just fine ? i think not !

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/05/21 06:12 PM

How about "What is propellant" for 1,000 Alex?"

Propellant a couple hundred years ago was coal fired steam. Methnks ( i know, scary), that maybe the Tyranny of the Rocket Equation is applying our own scientific limitations.

How high would a coal fired steam powered rocket have flown? If chemistry and physics are universal, maybe we just haven't discovered everything yet...

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/05/21 07:44 PM

Propellant a couple hundred years ago was coal fired steam. Methnks ( i know, scary), that maybe the Tyranny of the Rocket Equation is applying our own scientific limitations.

How high would a coal fired steam powered rocket have flown? If chemistry and physics are universal, maybe we just haven't discovered everything yet...

it also assume that the concentration of said elements are the same as on earth.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/05/21 11:36 PM

Ah, Blade, my friend, you have hit on my favorite Alternate Theory of all time.

Forget the Flat Earth. It's stupid and boring.

The Hollow Earth, however, has dinosaurs, aliens, and the occasional Nazi left over from the secret WWII bases.

smile

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/06/21 12:21 AM

Oh, we know quite a bit about chemistry.

Turns out the most bang for buck is good ol' Hydrogen and Oxygen.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/06/21 12:28 AM

Who says "life" has to be carbon based and breath oxygen?

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/06/21 12:53 AM

Oh, we know quite a bit about chemistry.

Turns out the most bang for buck is good ol' Hydrogen and Oxygen.

Yep.

The stellar fusion process is pretty consistent, as are supernovae.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/06/21 01:13 AM

Basic chemistry.

The problem with other elements that can bond to themselves, like silicon, is that the chains are very short - usually no more than four atoms long. Only Carbon can make long chains with itself and have other elements paired with it as well.

So yeah, life has to be carbon based, or at least complex life.

As to oxygen, you're correct. For a big chunk of Earth's history, life didn't rely on oxygen; it was anaerobic.

Along comes primitive algae, trying like hell to get some of the energy from the sun that the damned ol' cyanobacteria was gobbling up, and going a different, less efficient route. Photosynthesis allowed them to use the parts of the spectrum filtered by, and as a byproduct they released oxygen.

This lead to the Great Oxidation Event, which is a nice way of saying Mass Extinction.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/06/21 05:54 PM

Basic chemistry.

The problem with other elements that can bond to themselves, like silicon, is that the chains are very short - usually no more than four atoms long. Only Carbon can make long chains with itself and have other elements paired with it as well.

As to oxygen, you're correct. For a big chunk of Earth's history, life didn't rely on oxygen; it was anaerobic.

Along comes primitive algae, trying like hell to get some of the energy from the sun that the damned ol' cyanobacteria was gobbling up, and going a different, less efficient route. Photosynthesis allowed them to use the parts of the spectrum filtered by, and as a byproduct they released oxygen.

This lead to the Great Oxidation Event, which is a nice way of saying Mass Extinction.

what is complex life and what is simpler life ? so you are saying its possible !

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/07/21 01:11 AM

Sigh.

Non-carbon based life? Nah.

Non-oxygen complex life? Possible, but difficult. The problems are when one goes from single celled to multi-cellular; respiration and metabolism become very difficult.

And let's not forget that Oxygen in the atmosphere in quantity makes an ozone layer, which cuts down on solar radiation, giving us a huge bonus from the magnetosphere. Granted, we have a sample size of one, but anaerobic life had hundreds of millions of years to evolve from single cell to multi-cellular and didn't (in meaningful ways), but from photosynthesis to multi-cellular took a lot less time.

I think you're being a bit coy on asking the difference between simple and complex life, so I'll spare the TL:DR post that would go with that.

[edit] Turns out there is one anaerobic animal found:

https://scienceblogs.com/scientificactivist/2010/04/07/anaerobic-animals

If it is ever exposed to an oxygen environment it will probably die.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/07/21 01:46 AM

Good points on fusion and stellar fusion.

I would think space dust at anywhere near light speeds would be a huge problem also, even if that snails speed makes interstellar travel seem silly.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/07/21 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by DM

so you didnt watch the video you just skip past it, the video that you claim to be training,leaked from official investigation that is going to the congress, the sensitive military stuff is blurred, nothing new, even gulf war footage still has hidden azimuth and heading of apache footage.

I just said I saw it, right in the comment you quoted. And I didn't say it was training, I said it sounded like it. I don't speak out of nowhere- I was an air force radar technician for 15+ years, and I know what instructors sound like when they're trying to get information from a trainee about what they're seeing.

who has cameras everywhere ? survailance cameras look DOWN, no one carries digicams anymore, cellphones cameras use auto focus for close objects, and most people are taking pictures of themselves. But there are quite a few unanswered footage of unknown lights that gets captured on home survailance cams, specially those in more rural areas, since they tend to point more to horizon than down.

Come on, you know what I mean, everyone has a camera nowadays, exactly that. Hundreds of millions of new cameras and hardly anything in the way of decent footage. Plenty of reasons that good cameras are not able to do so though :/

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/07/21 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by WangoTango
Not a duck, not a seagull. Claiming so is just straight up trolling.
Probably Chinese tech.

True.

Lol, OK guys I'm neither trolling nor scared. It's just a viewpoint I hold, just because I'm not buying into it no need to try to negate it completely, we're actually allowed to disagree. The burden of proof is not on me here, I can prove ducks exist.

I can't make myself see something I can't see, and I can't accept the idea there is no explanation just because it is presented as having no explanation. All I can tell you is it looked more like a duck to me than anything else. If it's a seagull, well I'll accept that hit :/

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/07/21 04:43 PM

Basic chemistry.

what is complex life and what is simpler life ? so you are saying its possible !

The transition from prokaryotic to eukaryotic life was one of the most important transitions in history.

Dart is right.

Based on the stellar fusion process, there are a handful of abundant elements that coincidentally are widespread enough and suited for life. There are six primary elements, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, sulphur and phosphorus, that most life on Earth is based on. If you look them up on the periodic table, you'll notice they all lie before Iron, which is a critical inflection point in a star's life cycle, for when Iron is begun to be fused, and that star exceeds the Chandrasekhar limit in mass(~1.4 Sols), supernova happens and the heavier elements are then created and hurtled off in a cosmic cloud, which may later accrete into new planets and stars. From a life standpoint, a chemical composition similar to our own makes sense, for points Dart has already mentioned, particularly that of carbon chaining.

One of those elements, phosphorous, can be substituted for arsenic, for example, which changes everything, internally, on how the organism would function. As you are probably aware, ATP, adenosine tri-phosphate(phosphate = phosphorous) is the key energy carrying molecule that our cells rely on, but ATA could equally suffice, but this would change other chemical bits inside, as well, to remain compatible, as in our phosphate loving biochemistry, arsenic is toxic. We have observed the substitution of arsenic here on Earth in bacteria that can survive in extreme environments. But those same bacteria still use carbon.

Fundamentally, those six primary elements make sense not only chemically, but because of how readily available they are. One of life's chief tenets is maximum gain from minimum effort. Our bodies--all life on Earth, is insanely efficient--far more so than anything we have created mechanically. We're essentially portable biochemical reactors harvesting the environment so we can move electrons around to sustain electrochemical reactions, internally, so we can continue to locomote, consume and breed. Life goes even further than internally processes for efficiency, beyond the chemistry and shape of organs, to even creature behavior. Look at insects, for example--how the common house spiders build webs and lie in wait. Rather than hunt their prey actively like a cat, they may wait days before another insect happens upon their web, from which they either suck dry or wrap in web for storage for later when hunger strikes again.

And then we need look no further than our own selves, and our own creations. I don't want to derail this thread nor send to PWEC, but from a life origin standpoint--depending on which side of the fence you stand--creator or abiogenesis(please do NOT debate this here), it makes sense that if one were to create life that can self-sustain and thrive in a galaxy to have it utilize common elements that are widespread and easily accessible, same as life that spontaneously may have formed, to do the same. Look at electronics, from Earth--how silicon is used so widely in the circuitry. Silica makes up 59% of Earth's crust, and is perfectly suited for combining with copper traces for circuitry.

Life often takes the easiest, most efficient, and effective path possible.

If I were to meet and alien someday, I fully expect their biochemistry, at least, to contain elements similar to my own. They might not all be the same, but many of them should be. I love thinking of crystalline based life as we see in Star Trek, but we see how much trouble our own societies go to in order to generate electricity in non-biochemical ways. These efforts are wasteful, often non-sustainable, and counterproductive--not something you'd expect life that can thrive for billions of years to rely upon. The life that does rely on one of those avenues of power generation that _is_ sustainable--plants, algae, etc. through photosynthesis, rely heavily on... hydrogen, carbon, and... oxygen. Funny how they comprise glucose and starch, the chief storages of energy that life relies upon. Hydrogen is essential in the electron transport chain, and you'll notice if you look at the chemical formulae of glucose, sugar and starch(plant sugar), hydrogen is dominant. Also, equally interesting how some of these elements are recycled back into the environment in a sustainable fashion.

Aliens may be alien in their technology, but I don't expect them to be completely alien, otherwise, if they exist and I were to meet one.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/11/21 10:53 PM

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/12/21 12:03 AM

Sorry man...don't see a whole bunch of UFO'ness in that one.

Personally, a "DHS employee", is almost as good a reference as an FBI "sensitive items" specialist.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/12/21 12:18 AM

PT Barnum is laughing in his grave right now.
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/12/21 12:37 AM

It's UFBP = Unidentified Flying Blurred Pixels. wink

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/12/21 01:03 AM

It just went up a couple days ago and I really don't know what to make of it myself
Posted By: Zamzow

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/12/21 02:10 AM

Is our primitive technology that interesting and that amazing that an alien race needs decades to monitor it?

If for the sake of argument we were to assume alien origin ("manned" or not) I could offer one theory: Studying "ancient/primitive" technology they've long ago lost knowledge of. Humans do that too to some degree...

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/12/21 07:20 AM

Some trivia, two US Presidents have seen "UFOs", Carter and Reagan.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/12/21 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Zamzow

Is our primitive technology that interesting and that amazing that an alien race needs decades to monitor it?

If for the sake of argument we were to assume alien origin ("manned" or not) I could offer one theory: Studying "ancient/primitive" technology they've long ago lost knowledge of. Humans do that too to some degree...

or maybe it might be a much simpler answer, that the inteligence life out there is not that inteligent and actually more out there itself

Sorry man...don't see a whole bunch of UFO'ness in that one.

Personally, a "DHS employee", is almost as good a reference as an FBI "sensitive items" specialist.

look we get it, you will never be convinced, dont bother trying to look smarter.

here is a guy who share you line of view. feel confort in that.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/12/21 02:47 PM

Neil is no Carl Sagan.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/12/21 06:18 PM

Some trivia, two US Presidents have seen "UFOs", Carter and Reagan.

Carter saw a seagull, Reagan saw a duck.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/13/21 02:54 AM

here is a guy who share you line of view. feel confort in that.

Tyson, does not think we are being visited by intelligent alien life? That is almost enough to make a UFO believer out of me.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/25/21 11:19 AM

Remember: Mark Felton has a PhD in History.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/25/21 11:25 AM

Remember: Mark Felton has a PhD in History.

Whether the Germans developed or did not develop their own "flying saucer" designs during WWII is really irrelevant to the main debate of this thread which is whether or not intelligent life exists outside of Earth.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/26/21 07:53 PM

Long awaited report is released. Reveals nothing. LINK
Unexplained.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/26/21 10:12 PM

Unexplained.

Shocking.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/27/21 07:04 PM

reveals its not theirs

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/28/21 12:19 AM

Unexplained.

They know something but it's above all our pay grades. So they give us the talking out of both side of their mouth report.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/28/21 02:54 AM

So the Pentagon report turns out to be big nothing-burger.

That's ok, I'm sure we'll be getting the next UFO headline from the news media soon and then someone can post a thread here about it and we can then go through the same discussion again.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/28/21 03:01 AM

Short of personal interaction with alien life, nothing will suffice.

"Unknown" is the appropriate response.

Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified - 06/28/21 07:04 AM

Unexplained.

They know something but it's above all our pay grades. So they give us the talking out of both side of their mouth report.

they confirmed they see them as hostile though, so no be good ET.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums