homepage

Generation Zero

Posted By: KRT_Bong

Generation Zero - 04/05/21 12:11 PM

I recently got this on sale on Steam; https://generationzero.com/en
It has a War of the Worlds feel to it, very atmospheric and beautiful graphics. You can play it co-op with 4 players or alone.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: Generation Zero - 04/05/21 12:57 PM

I've got quite a few hours on this purely in solo mode. I found the story really interesting and was always eager to find out what was coming next. It's been one of my better purchases for years. I've also got the Alpine Unrest and FNIX Rising DLC.

I'm still on the smaller southern Islands so I've a way to go yet.
Posted By: RedOneAlpha

Re: Generation Zero - 04/05/21 01:35 PM

Was in the beta test team. Cool game!

BTW, lived in Bradenton Beach KTR smile2
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: Generation Zero - 04/07/21 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Red2112
Was in the beta test team. Cool game!

BTW, lived in Bradenton Beach KTR smile2

Really? Small world
Yeah I've played a little co-op, had some high ping players come in and cause me too much lag plus they're higher level so they just run through kill everything grab the loot and leave so I'm playing solo for a while. Some of the encounters can scare the crap out of you.
Posted By: Nimits

Re: Generation Zero - 04/08/21 03:57 AM

My problem with these games (or movies) is the suspension of the disbelief . . . if the untrained civilian protagonist(s) can take down the aliens or whatever with basic small arms and man-portable weapons, how is it the militaries and police forces, trained in the use of those weapons, were unable to make a bigger dent?
Posted By: Chucky

Re: Generation Zero - 04/08/21 08:57 AM

My take on it is that the initial attack was targeted at taking out the military, which was successful because you come across destroyed military equipment on your travels. I don't know what the endgame is yet of the 'invaders' as I'm not far enough along in the game but don't the Swedes have a 'Home Guard' of trained civilians in case of conflict. That would explain why most houses have weapons etc and the locals have the training to use them. Compared to a lot of games, this one has at least some credibility.

I'm far less tolerant of movies however.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums