homepage

Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident

Posted By: WangoTango

Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/23/21 07:45 PM

I hope he will be OK. Jaws of Life had to be used.
LINK
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/23/21 07:47 PM

Much of his decline and grief has been self-inflicted but I don't wish any ill-will to him. Hopefully he'll make it out ok.
Posted By: Mad Max

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/23/21 09:52 PM

I wonder if he was drunk. (again)

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/23/21 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mad Max
I wonder if he was drunk. (again)

Single car accident, high speed, very likely. He's had painkiller addiction problems as well.
I hope he is ok. Nobody is perfect.
Posted By: NoFlyBoy

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/23/21 11:23 PM

I read not 1st time Tiger involved in a solo car accident. 2009: https://www.tmz.com/photos/2009/11/29/2269-tiger-woods-crash-scene/
Posted By: Nixer

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/24/21 01:37 AM

You actually read look at that TMZ trash?

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/24/21 01:44 AM

The information on there is true. It's not made up. Even Daily Mail has posted breaking news stories quicker and long before CNN, FOX, CNBC, and other major news sites did. Those major news sites have no credibility nowadays. Daily Mail and TMZ are not kissing anyone asses like the news networks do. They tell it as it is.

You call TMZ trash? Funny. There was a time when CNN first started during the first Gulf war where people call them the same thing.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/24/21 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
Even Daily Mail has posted breaking news stories quicker and long before CNN, FOX, CNBC, and other major news sites did. Those major news sites have no credibility nowadays. Daily Mail and TMZ are not kissing anyone asses like the news networks do. They tell it as it is.

You call TMZ trash? Funny. There was a time when CNN first started during the first Gulf war where people call them the same thing.

And look what CNN has become. TMZ does look like the place for the scoop on the Kardashians, if anyone cares. rolleyes

I am going to do my best to ignore all of them.

Ride my bike, hunt Priuses pilot , and talk to pretty girls...oh and paint some and try to get my BAS degree after 40 years of trying. The degree thing is falling by the wayside. I am really appalled by the academic community's attempt to turn business studies into a psychology program. They have ZERO experience in the business world, and it really shows, unless of course you have zero experience also...or you are a functional illiterate that has "somehow" slipped thru the cracks and will get a degree.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/24/21 02:07 AM

Oh, and rumor has it he was chasing an antique white bronco according to media insiders.
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/24/21 02:18 AM

The media hype is way over the top, as expected. Why so much coverage you ask? Because mouse clicks equal revenue streams. Everyone knows that.

That being said, the guy is just a human being. I hope he is going to be oaky.
Posted By: KraziKanuK

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/24/21 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by LB4LB
The media hype is way over the top, as expected. Why so much coverage you ask? Because mouse clicks equal revenue streams. Everyone knows that.

The hype about Tiger has always been there.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/24/21 03:07 AM

It's a big story because it is Tiger Woods. He is still and extremely popular figure. This is his 3rd accident.
I read that police said there was no indication of impairment. They may be letting him save face, who knows.
Either way, I hope he can continue to be a father and maybe golf again.
Addiction is real, and it is sad. I take no pleasure in others misfortune.

I will however never understand how he screwed around on his wife, she was an 11/10.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/24/21 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by WangoTango

I will however never understand how he screwed around on his wife, she was an 11/10.

I will never understand the having hamburger when you have prime rib at home. biggrin

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/24/21 03:29 AM

I will never understand the having hamburger when you have prime rib at home. biggrin

Exactly. A Perkins waitress over her. Crazy.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/24/21 03:30 AM

If you eat prime rib every day, it will bore you and hamburger will look better.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/24/21 03:34 AM

I've been married 24 yrs, I stick to Prime Rib.
Mind you, I don't think Tiger got to sow his wild oats when he was young. His father had complete control of him.
I guess if you never had a hamburger.....

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/24/21 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
If you eat prime rib every day, it will bore you and hamburger will look better.

That's just a trap. You can't take things like that for granted.

Disclaimer: I am in no way, shape, or form, referring to women as pieces of meat.

Had some eyes looking over my shoulder.
Posted By: Crane Hunter

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/24/21 04:03 AM

I have no pity for anyone who was handed the means for a great life, and manages to screw it up.
Posted By: JimK

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/24/21 05:16 AM

Been married 27 years and we always have a plan for what we eat. Would never want to be with anyone else.
Even if we were rich, this would not matter. Self centered Tiger gets what he has coming.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/24/21 11:30 AM

Coworker does not like fish and shrimp and lobsters and aquatic life with shell and other seafood. Born in Florida and ate that every day when he was old enough to eat solid food, he don't want to see it or smell it. His idea of a great meal is a grilled chicken breast.
Posted By: MarkG

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/24/21 03:04 PM

Not really interested in Tiger Woods, but here's my opinion on the rest...

I cannot imagine a greater and more fulfilling pleasure in this life than enjoying intimacy with the woman you're crazy about and that you know is crazy about you. And it's so much more than 10 to 20 min. of gratifying mechanics, it begins with playful morning flirting to the moment of greatest anticipation.

To quote myself from an earlier thread (since at least one person appreciated it)... smile

"A good classic rock song...gives you the warm fuzzies, like when your favorite girl falls asleep on your chest in a naked curled-up sweaty spent mess. Sleep comes quickly and deeply."

If fate is kind (and with such an early start), we'll both go to our graves with a "body count" of one. Variety and novelty can be had even with the same person, and for a lifetime I think, as long as you both stay loving and invested in keeping the relationship fun and interesting.

Also, I've never tired of the same seafood I grew up eating, nor of my favorite songs and movies, so maybe mental wiring and personality are part of remaining satisfied with spicy crayfish tail (and lobster, the seafood equivalent to prime rib).

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/24/21 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by MarkG

Also, I've never tired of the same seafood I grew up eating, nor of my favorite songs and movies, so maybe mental wiring and personality are part of remaining satisfied with spicy crayfish tail (and lobster, the seafood equivalent to prime rib).

Like you alluded to, not everyone is "hardwired" the same way and that's fine. For some people the idea of being with only person for their entire adult life just doesn't compute. It's not in their DNA.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/24/21 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by KraziKanuK

The hype about Tiger has always been there.

Yes, it never went away.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/26/21 05:21 AM

Why I'd never have it in me to pull a Tiger Woods...

My mom (81) fell and broke her hip this evening, also possibly re-injuring her back (after multiple disc surgeries). Dad is kind of out of it right now, and I'm home from the hospital grabbing some things she needs, like remote and charger for a surgically implanted spinal cord stimulator.

Wife and I followed the ambulance to the hospital, wife stayed (only one family member allowed past waiting room) and is in mom’s room talking to doctors and taking care of paperwork, while orchestrating the rest of us (currently waiting for a call to return to hospital).

It's times like this that remind me that I’m married to an angel.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/26/21 02:44 PM

Great post Mark and I hope your mom makes a full recovery.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/26/21 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by MarkG
Why I'd never have it in me to pull a Tiger Woods...

My mom (81) fell and broke her hip this evening, also possibly re-injuring her back (after multiple disc surgeries). Dad is kind of out of it right now, and I'm home from the hospital grabbing some things she needs, like remote and charger for a surgically implanted spinal cord stimulator.

Wife and I followed the ambulance to the hospital, wife stayed (only one family member allowed past waiting room) and is in mom’s room talking to doctors and taking care of paperwork, while orchestrating the rest of us (currently waiting for a call to return to hospital).

It's times like this that remind me that I’m married to an angel.

Oh man. Thinking of you and your Mom.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/26/21 04:40 PM

Police are saying the was no indication of impairment with Tiger. It's was a straight up accident.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/26/21 06:42 PM

Did they check his cell phone. He could had been texting. Or Sexting.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/26/21 11:03 PM

You don't get a pass, Tiger—there's no such thing as a car 'accident' and not just Tiger.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/new...a-car-accident/ar-BB1e3wrO?ocid=msedgdhp

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/26/21 11:54 PM

Says the man hater...google her.

In this day and age, most of these media tools are inserting their agenda(s) into all their reporting. Yes, unless you are a perfect person, there is such a thing as an accident.

Not defending Woods at all, just defending unbiased truth.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/27/21 02:49 AM

I have to think speed was a factor.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/27/21 03:39 AM

The New car he was driving. It must have been above his ability to drive.

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/24/genesis-gv80-tiger-woods/

59 now going 60. Have not had a car accident since I was 17 driving a 72 AMC Gremlin, crappy brakes only 7 inch drums in front. Heard many complaints about them.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/27/21 05:15 PM

A friend of mine had a Gremlin, around 1989. It's tire would spin on wet grass. hahaha
Posted By: DBond

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/27/21 05:23 PM

Idle speculation, but the lack of braking suggests distraction to me. You don't smash through a 'welcome to wherever' sign if you are watching the road, while also not hitting the brakes.

It's also one of the hazards of operating an unfamiliar vehicle. Because every knob and switch location is foreign, simple things you can do in your everyday vehicle are simple, automatic and you don't even need to look. In a strange vehicle this isn't the case. Again, no idea what actually caused this, and I think that will remain the case regardless of the final official version, but my money's on he was heads-down when he left the road.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/27/21 06:30 PM

Tiger should stick to riding in the back of a short bus.
Posted By: vonBaur

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 02/28/21 10:28 PM

The puzzling thing to me is, and pardon me if it's been mentioned, the fact that they announced within days that no charges will be filed even though there were no skid marks. Impairment, distraction, or mechanical failure are the only reasons I can think of for a lack of skid marks, given what apparently happened. And two out of the three of those are absolutely chargeable.
Posted By: W-Molders

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/04/21 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
Tiger should stick to riding in the back of a short bus.

HAHAHAHHAAHAH so true... I mean, deleted. hire a driver/assistant.... he has more money than God... but I bet his wife has him on allowance...

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/04/21 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by DBond
Idle speculation, but the lack of braking suggests distraction to me. You don't smash through a 'welcome to wherever' sign if you are watching the road, while also not hitting the brakes.

It's also one of the hazards of operating an unfamiliar vehicle. Because every knob and switch location is foreign, simple things you can do in your everyday vehicle are simple, automatic and you don't even need to look. In a strange vehicle this isn't the case. Again, no idea what actually caused this, and I think that will remain the case regardless of the final official version, but my money's on he was heads-down when he left the road.

oh he was on his gotdamn phone... trust me.... one of our drivers back in 19' ran OVER the Welcome to Whittier sign due to the phone... his mistake was that he told one of his peers who told us but he stuck to his guns...

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/04/21 10:16 AM

I have to think speed was a factor.

speed and phone

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/04/21 11:55 AM

99% of the time I am against greater government oversight and regulation but I make an exception when it comes to the issue of people texting and browsing the net on their phones while driving. It's really an epidemic now.
Posted By: oldgrognard

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/04/21 12:28 PM

It’s why I sold my motorcycle last year. I’ve been riding for almost 50 years, but no longer felt safe because of people only half-watching the road because of phones.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/04/21 01:24 PM

Up until Sept last year (when my bike was stolen) I was still riding, I'm 61 now and have been riding since I was 16.

I've pretty much decided not to have another one for the reasons you stated OG. I've lost count how many times people have either pulled out in front of me, cut me off or just generally treated me like dirt and I am a very courteous driver/rider. Enough is enough.
Posted By: Allen

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/04/21 05:29 PM

I was only riding until about age 44. We took up competitive Ballroom dancing seriously and I did not want to take the chance of smashing a leg or worse. Like you, I had some close scrapes and saw worse.

I had just bought a new BMW motorcycle for us to ride together (not picked up yet). I thought about it. I cancelled the order within the legal 3 day period. Never rode again.
Posted By: wormfood

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/04/21 06:44 PM

Those darn cagers. *shakes fist angrily!

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/04/21 07:06 PM

If I ever ride again it'll be off road, where you don't really have to worry if Zoey is texting Brad instead of paying attention to driving..

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/05/21 12:44 PM

OT: Thanks for the well wishes, guys. Mom's doing good now with her new hip after 4 rough days in hospital, will be in rehab facility for another week. She's a fighter.

Everything I said in this thread about my wife x10, the outpouring of support texts from my family to her cell phone refreshing my appreciation for what I have. Just glad now that we're returning to some normalcy.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/05/21 12:47 PM

Thanks for that update Mark.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/05/21 03:09 PM

Good news Mark!

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/08/21 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
If I ever ride again it'll be off road, where you don't really have to worry if Zoey is texting Brad instead of paying attention to driving..

its hard to ride off road when you have ridden street... I tried to ride a friends Kawi 250 4 stroke one day when we were at an off road camp site for the weekend, I was on it for about an hour and just handed it over... everything is opposite.. I woulda broke my neck if I kept riding..

meanwhile, I could ride my old CBR 1000 on Ortega highway here in Orange County at 100 miles an hour in some spots with knee down in other spots zipping through like it was Isle Of Man TT

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/20/21 02:56 PM

Reports are he did not apply the brakes at all. Acceleration was not decreased. Sounds like he fell asleep.

LINK

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/20/21 08:38 PM

..or was doing something on his phone or vehicle's internet. Clearly not paying attention. The initial examination of the scene also indicated no attempt to stop the vehicle, even after it had careened off the center divider. And yet they announced only days after the crash that no charges would be filed.
Posted By: Zamzow

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/20/21 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
99% of the time I am against greater government oversight and regulation but I make an exception when it comes to the issue of people texting and browsing the net on their phones while driving. It's really an epidemic now.

I personally think it should be a felony, or at the very least the equivalent bust of a DUI.

If I had to choose between riding with a texter or a person a bit above the legal alcohol limit (I'm talking someone who could still pass a typical field sobriety test, minus the breathalyzer) who's ACTUALLY FULLY PAYING ATTENTION to the road - I'd choose the "drunk driver" every single time.

I only recall 2 times in my life being nearly hit by a drunk driver. I think I've SEEN clearly drunk drivers less than 50 times in my life.

Cellphone addicts? Can't even count, but far, far, far higher numbers on both the above points...

I've been saying for years now, this issue is like DUI of many decades ago. Not until a few more politicians kids or super wealthy peoples kids get killed from it will anything change...

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/20/21 11:28 PM

I rode knowing there were drunk drivers, you could pick them out, but it was the cellphone that caused me to give up my motorcycle.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/20/21 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by oldgrognard
I rode knowing there were drunk drivers, you could pick them out, but it was the cellphone that caused me to give up my motorcycle.

It made me quit riding on any Friday or Saturday after 3pm!

Another huge annoyance I have about phones in cars - a lot of people have resorted to using them at the stoplights. Which is better than while driving, for sure, but now I often get stuck an extra cycle at intersections because it takes everyone so long to realize it's time to MOVE...

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/21/21 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by vonBaur
..or was doing something on his phone or vehicle's internet. Clearly not paying attention. The initial examination of the scene also indicated no attempt to stop the vehicle, even after it had careened off the center divider. And yet they announced only days after the crash that no charges would be filed.

If this was the case, he would have hit the brakes at some point, or took his foot of the gas.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/21/21 04:57 PM

A reasonable point, WangoTango. But the same can be said for falling asleep. It would take a VERY sound sleeper not to realize you'd bounced off something. Along with the fact that, normally, when you fall asleep your body goes limp, meaning you'll relax the pressure on the gas pedal.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/21/21 06:53 PM

A reasonable point, WangoTango. But the same can be said for falling asleep. It would take a VERY sound sleeper not to realize you'd bounced off something. Along with the fact that, normally, when you fall asleep your body goes limp, meaning you'll relax the pressure on the gas pedal.

It would take a deep sleep for sure. Not sure if there was a gravel shoulder or not. Usually hitting that gets your attention.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/21/21 10:02 PM

It would take a deep sleep for sure. Not sure if there was a gravel shoulder or not. Usually hitting that gets your attention.

Well, I actually had an experience with falling asleep at the wheel and wandering off the road once, on a freaking MOTORCYCLE no less!

I was 18, riding from California to Missouri, and just way overestimated my ability for the first leg. Left at 1am with the plan of trying to make it to New Mexico by evening.

Somewhere in a desert in Arizona I managed to doze off while riding (had a duffel bag on the tank with jackets in it, was "lying" on that, pretty comfortable actually)...

Ended up in dirt/weeds on the right side of the road, doing about 70. Woke me up instantly, but I swear it took me about 2 full seconds to process what was happening and react to it....

Even wide awake it's possible to get temporarily "stunned" when something totally unexpected happens while driving a vehicle...

Needless to say I stopped at the very next town and got some rest!

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 03/22/21 01:38 AM

Wow, Zamzow. Needless to say, we are fortunate to have you with us today.

(On a side note, I can't believe a beaver's home, is a censored word here)

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 04/08/21 02:41 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/go...er-woods-crash/ar-BB1foDnU?ocid=msedgntp

Woods was driving 84 to 87 mph on a downhill stretch of road outside Los Angeles that had a speed limit of 45 mph, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said Wednesday.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 04/08/21 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by KraziKanuK

Woods was driving 84 to 87 mph on a downhill stretch of road outside Los Angeles that had a speed limit of 45 mph, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said Wednesday.

In most US jurisdictions that would be considered "reckless driving" and a possible arrestable offense.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 04/08/21 08:35 PM

He should be charged, Tiger Woods or not.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 04/08/21 10:01 PM

Several charges. Speeding, reckless driving, etc. More than 30 mph over limit could be suspension or revocation of license.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 04/08/21 11:38 PM

Thankfully he did not hit anyone.
Posted By: Mad Max

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 04/09/21 01:25 AM

Said here he confused the brake and accelorator pedals. Stroill on, what rubbish.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 04/10/21 12:24 AM

Prescription overkill. He must be hardcore opiate addict . No memory of it at all. Thought he was Florida when interviewed by Police.

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 04/10/21 02:32 AM

I'd still be in jail if it was me

Re: Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident - 04/10/21 03:18 AM

Way too many wealthy people have a vested interest in keeping the Tiger Woods brand alive and well for as long as possible. He's way too valuable an asset to be bothered by all those pesky laws.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums