homepage

A couple of YouTube videos featuring hobbies that I had never heard of

Posted By: James McKenzie-Smith

A couple of YouTube videos featuring hobbies that I had never heard of - 01/23/21 10:49 PM

First off, die cast car racing.

Next, cyclekarts.

Big thanks to the AI algorithms in YouTube that threw these up.
Posted By: SippyCup

Re: A couple of YouTube videos featuring hobbies that I had never heard of - 01/23/21 10:56 PM

I may or may not have watched several marble racing videos... biggrin

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: A couple of YouTube videos featuring hobbies that I had never heard of - 01/24/21 03:57 AM

Do people still collect coins and stamps or is that passe' now?
Posted By: BD-123

Re: A couple of YouTube videos featuring hobbies that I had never heard of - 01/24/21 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Do people still collect coins and stamps or is that passe' now?

Here in England, every town or city featured a Stamp Shop or few. Mostly all out of business by the mid-1970s.
I believe the Internet has seen a resurgence, but conversely reduced the value of many thought to be rare stamps.
We recently sold an extensive and well researched and mounted collection in an estate probate sale at auction for about 25% of it's value say, 25 years ago!

I get the impression that collections are expanded and maintained now for investment purposes rather than pure interest. Same could be said of the Numismatic hobby perhaps; certainly in the case of a close relative of ours.
Posted By: RSColonel_131st

Re: A couple of YouTube videos featuring hobbies that I had never heard of - 01/24/21 04:06 PM

I love that Cyclecart idea, had no idea such a thing exsisted.
Posted By: wormfood

Re: A couple of YouTube videos featuring hobbies that I had never heard of - 01/25/21 11:46 PM

I think the diecast racing was linked to that channel by someone here a couple months ago. I periodically go back and watch a race or two. It's a bit fun and silly.

Those cyclecarts though, what a fantastically cool and fun looking hobby.
Posted By: Spidey

Re: A couple of YouTube videos featuring hobbies that I had never heard of - 01/27/21 06:43 PM

Panzer should start a YouTube channel of his hobby...posting on SimHQ. I think it can be a huge hit. He does commentary as he posts.

Re: A couple of YouTube videos featuring hobbies that I had never heard of - 01/27/21 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Spidey
Panzer should start a YouTube channel of his hobby...posting on SimHQ. I think it can be a huge hit. He does commentary as he posts.

Believe me, it would flop. And besides, posting on SimHQ is only my #2 hobby.
Posted By: SippyCup

Re: A couple of YouTube videos featuring hobbies that I had never heard of - 01/27/21 06:51 PM

I just did the math, it's ~15.6 posts per day over the years. biggrin

Re: A couple of YouTube videos featuring hobbies that I had never heard of - 01/27/21 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by SippyCup

Well you know, I'm doing my bit for SimHQ and country or something like that.
Posted By: JimK

Re: A couple of YouTube videos featuring hobbies that I had never heard of - 01/28/21 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by SippyCup

Well you know, I'm doing my bit for SimHQ and country or something like that.

NFB was gunning for your post count, almost over his 2 week time out.
Posted By: Forward Observer

Re: A couple of YouTube videos featuring hobbies that I had never heard of - 01/28/21 04:09 AM

Redacted for a while!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums