homepage

Thanksgiving In America!

Posted By: Blade_Meister

Thanksgiving In America! - 11/26/20 03:00 PM

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all whom celebrate it!

Expected guests today will be, me, myself and I. Me is hoping I do not burn the turkey, myself can't wait until we finally sit down to eat and I is anxious to give Thanks to the Good Lord for the bountiful meal He has provided.
This is the first time in my 56 year life that I will not be gathering with my family to celebrate Thanksgiving. Unfortunately my manager's wife is in the middle of a bout with covid, she works in a Nursing home and while they
have taken every precaution prescribed, she finally contracted the virus. He only stayed out of work for 5 days and quarantined in their apartment and has since returned to work after she seemingly turned the corner, but she
has again started suffering the flu like symptoms. Him coming back after only 5 days has put everyone that works there in a bad position. Fortunately no one else has contracted Covid from this exposure. I hold no ill will
against him, but I think he should have quarantined for the prescribed 10-14 days. It is what it is and that is water under the bridge as they say. I have had to cancel plans to go to my Mother's house and have a quiet, socially
distanced, Thanksgiving dinner with her. All of my brothers, sisters and nieces are married and have family that they can celebrate with. She is 91 and has very mild asthma and does a breathing treatment once a day. She
had asked if I would come and celebrate Thanksgiving with her since we both have no one else to gather with. While I want to go visit and break bread with her, I simply cannot take that chance of being a carrier. It is rather
bitter sweet that this virus has broken many a family tradition in 2020, but I am still Thankful for a Good and Giving God that has Blessed my Family with good health this year and bountiful prevision to sustain us. Phone calls
will have to suffice for each of us to share our Love for one another and our Great Thanksgiving for a Loving and Caring God. We are Blessed beyond measure and I for one will not forget that, hard times or not.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving to all whom celebrate this Great American Holiday!!!
Be Blessed!!!

S!Blade<><
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Thanksgiving In America! - 11/26/20 03:50 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'll be alone in my home by myself with my cats, as well. And skype. Hopefully lots of skype.

I'm even turning down an offer from my neighboors next door to bring over some food, but I cooked up a mean dish of farmer style hearty scalloped potatoes and ham yesterday.

And Amen to God. 2020 has been a rough year, but he has blessed my own family in many ways, and for that, we are thankful.
Posted By: rwatson

Re: Thanksgiving In America! - 11/26/20 03:57 PM

Best wishes to all !!..My company today is my pup Iggy and of course the guest of honor ,,the bird..I'll focus on what I have rather than what's missing..bless you all
Posted By: Patrocles

Re: Thanksgiving In America! - 11/26/20 03:57 PM

Happy Thanksgiving! Stay safe out there!
Posted By: oldgrognard

Re: Thanksgiving In America! - 11/26/20 05:13 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all. It is a good day to look at your blessings and not your troubles.
Posted By: Nixer

Re: Thanksgiving In America! - 11/26/20 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by oldgrognard
Happy Thanksgiving to all. It is a good day to look at your blessings and not your troubles.

Amen to that.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Posted By: No105_Archie

Re: Thanksgiving In America! - 11/26/20 06:14 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to you folks south of the border. Count your blessings smile
Posted By: WangoTango

Re: Thanksgiving In America! - 11/26/20 06:20 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to our American members. I hope you have a great day.
Posted By: NoFlyBoy

Re: Thanksgiving In America! - 11/26/20 08:02 PM

Happy Thanksgiving. 1 hour to turkey dinner.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sluggish Controls

Re: Thanksgiving In America! - 11/27/20 02:04 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to All of you !

Cheers,
Slug
Posted By: Coot

Re: Thanksgiving In America! - 11/27/20 08:23 AM

Happy Thanksgiving and indeed, a great American holiday and above all God is patient, full of grace and mercy. My maternal grandmother and my last living grandparent went to be with her Savior a few weeks ago. A pilgrim passing through having now reached the other side of this life to be with Jesus, her husband and her father and mother once again. She led an amazing life of service to her fellow man. The first shall be last and the last shall be first.
Posted By: Blade_Meister

Re: Thanksgiving In America! - 11/28/20 01:36 AM

Amen Coot!

S!Blade<><
© 2024 SimHQ Forums