homepage

No Current Articles

Posted By: 531 Ghost

No Current Articles - 10/16/20 01:31 PM

July 2017? Really? Back when I was a Moderator here at SimHQ, it was a requirement for Moderators to contribute articles, reviews... Things have certainly changed around here. Sad really.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: No Current Articles - 10/16/20 01:57 PM

You just noticed this NOW? lol

Re: No Current Articles - 10/16/20 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
You just noticed this NOW? lol

No. Not at all. But I was hoping to find *something* new? Things have changed, not so much for the better. Infolinks much? SO ANNOYING!
Posted By: rwatson

Re: No Current Articles - 10/16/20 02:28 PM

That's one thing I miss is the articles when I first joined they were great reads,,but life has a way of not giving folks the time to do a lot..Still the best sim site for me
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: No Current Articles - 10/16/20 03:09 PM

There are admins and regular members here who are very capable of and I'm betting willing to write reviews, after action reports etc. that would make good articles for the main page. Just ask.
Posted By: rwatson

Re: No Current Articles - 10/16/20 03:24 PM

F4 I'll ask if anyone would be willing to write some articles..I think they would be welcomed hopefully this will be read and someone would think about it.And hopefully other members will add their voice.

Re: No Current Articles - 10/16/20 03:39 PM

Some of the posts (reviews, after action reports etc) around here would make good articles.

Re: No Current Articles - 10/16/20 04:48 PM

Back when I was a Moderator here under guod, it was a requirement for Moderators/Admins to provide content i.e. reviews, articles... Shortly thereafter, things, changed. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that the current Moderators/Admins are very capable, but, why put the responsibility on the members to provide content like we did before 2017?

Re: No Current Articles - 10/16/20 04:56 PM

I think a few members might see it as an opportunity rather than a responsibility.

Re: No Current Articles - 10/16/20 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by F4UDash4
I think a few members might see it as an opportunity rather than a responsibility.

Perhaps.
Posted By: Nimits

Re: No Current Articles - 10/17/20 12:40 AM

I have often wondered why the articles stopped three years ago. I guess that explains it.

Posting new content would help keep the site active/relevant.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: No Current Articles - 10/17/20 04:45 AM

Hey Ghost, why don't you submit an article? That'd be pretty sweet.

Re: No Current Articles - 10/17/20 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Hey Ghost, why don't you submit an article? That'd be pretty sweet.

I've done my fair share here at SimHQ (as a Moderator). Thanks.

X55 Review

HOTAS Assignments (CH Products)

Saitek Pro Flight Panels

Cockpit

You get the idea...

Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: No Current Articles - 10/17/20 05:13 PM

Well write us some more! We could use some contributors, as you say.
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: No Current Articles - 10/17/20 07:57 PM

Before anyone gets too exercised about articles for the SimHQ.com website, be aware that somebody with access to control/edit that content would need to be lined up. That would need to be set up by RacerGT.

The forums are a subset of that. I am an an admin of the forums, but AFAIK I have no access to control content on that website. It is a different kettle of fish.
Posted By: Coot

Re: No Current Articles - 10/18/20 06:36 AM

I had suggested too that AARs would make for nice articles as F4UDash has stated. Maybe a new one posted every other week or so just to keep something current on the main page. I've been wanting to do another Hidden and Dangerous 2 AAR as well as an AAR for another unique game that I've been slowly working up a story to go with it. I think Racer even mentioned at some point he welcomed folks to do articles.

AARs can even act as a look back to simming/gaming gold. Individuals could also do "retro" reviews to perhaps foster interest in folks to return to or play for the first time older titles.

Re: No Current Articles - 10/18/20 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by CyBerkut
Before anyone gets too exercised about articles for the SimHQ.com website, be aware that somebody with access to control/edit that content would need to be lined up. That would need to be set up by RacerGT.

The forums are a subset of that. I am an an admin of the forums, but AFAIK I have no access to control content on that website. It is a different kettle of fish.

So nothing has changed since before I took off the Moderator hat.

Mr_Blastman, I'm going to leave that chore to others that have the time. I currently have very little as a CAP Squadron Commander, it keeps me pretty busy as well as my full time job.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: No Current Articles - 10/18/20 04:46 PM

I guess I’m just not getting the point you are trying to make Ghost. As you’ve mentioned before, you haven’t been a moderator here for a long time and you haven’t been a regular poster on the site for a long time as well. What do you still have invested that makes you so sad that articles aren’t published any more?

Re: No Current Articles - 10/20/20 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I guess I’m just not getting the point you are trying to make Ghost. As you’ve mentioned before, you haven’t been a moderator here for a long time and you haven’t been a regular poster on the site for a long time as well. What do you still have invested that makes you so sad that articles aren’t published any more?

I asked to be removed as a Moderator due to the changes being made at the time. I haven't been a "regular" since then either, true. Probably for the same reasons. Personal ones that were discussed behind closed doors. Back then there was, as stated a requirement for Admins and Moderators, not to only Administrate as well Moderate, but to also provide current content. Heck, We'd cover E3, E For All... in REAL TIME! Not so much any more. And then there's those pesky Infolinks... UGH
© 2024 SimHQ Forums