homepage

COVID Summer Projects?

Posted By: F4UDash4

COVID Summer Projects? - 10/11/20 10:06 PM

Anyone else use their free time this summer to work on a project?

Here is the progress thus far on my "COVID Summer Project":

https://youtu.be/GvxwKGZ-EzE
Posted By: Arthonon

Re: COVID Summer Projects? - 10/12/20 04:50 AM

That's pretty cool, looks like a nice structure!

I didn't have any build projects like that, I just went on a few road trips and tried to learn more about flying my drones.
Posted By: BD-123

Re: COVID Summer Projects? - 10/12/20 09:03 AM

Good grief...puts my hard landscaping, furniture and artifacts restoration projects in the shade somewhat! (Don't know why I call them 'rona projects as am retired!)
What are you going to use the building for please? An expansive 'man cave' that smile

Re: COVID Summer Projects? - 10/12/20 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by BD-123
Good grief...puts my hard landscaping, furniture and artifacts restoration projects in the shade somewhat! (Don't know why I call them 'rona projects as am retired!)
What are you going to use the building for please? An expansive 'man cave' that smile

Hope to do some woodworking projects in my retirement just a few years hence.
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: COVID Summer Projects? - 10/12/20 12:30 PM

My garage at the back of my property was built by the original owner/builder of my house as a woodworking shop for his joinery trade, just now it's being used to renovate an old timer car by my son, however he has had no time off due to the 'Rona as he has had full employment all through the epidemic looking after plant and machinery used in food production, then his boss has called him in to work with him privately to build a new house for the boss in the neighbouring village.

For myself, I've been getting the books out to study navigation for getting my yachtmaster's certificate and working towards getting an ICC, currently doing the shore based part of the course, it's been a while since I did trigonometry biggrin
Posted By: MarkG

Re: COVID Summer Projects? - 10/12/20 01:44 PM

Very nice! thumbsup

What percentage of this project was solo? I know constructed walls are pretty heavy.

My father and I have done some large construction projects on my property the past couple of years or so, but he has techniques for doing things all by himself. I just made it easier for him.

Re: COVID Summer Projects? - 10/12/20 02:27 PM

99.9% solo, had a buddy help lift trusses in place otherwise I have been the Lone Ranger wink
Posted By: Nixer

Re: COVID Summer Projects? - 10/12/20 03:30 PM

Looks like really quality work man. thumbsup

Looks like T-111 siding?

I had a job while waiting to go delayed entry into the Army in 1975. I was a "carpenters helper" and all around go-for.

I vividly remember moving a few pallets of T-111 up stairs one sheet at a time to the second and third floors...ughhh.

Re: COVID Summer Projects? - 10/12/20 04:01 PM

Thanks Nixer, yep T111. Pain to paint, got a paint gun ordered to finish up.
Posted By: Azshal

Re: COVID Summer Projects? - 10/12/20 07:57 PM

We transformed our garage into a rec room:

Removed the sliding garage door and built a stick wall with a window and door to the outside. Purposed a corner of the room for pantry storage and hid it with a curtain. New "siding" on the walls, shiplap. Installed a ceiling fan. Coat of paint.

Nice use of the space now.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: COVID Summer Projects? - 10/12/20 08:01 PM

Actually very little changed with my daily routine because of COVID. I continued working at my workplace and on my usual free time I PC game and watch movies.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums