homepage

Veteran Honored

Posted By: rwatson

Veteran Honored - 08/13/20 12:06 PM

Saw this and it made me happy to see this Veteran honored...Semper Fi
https://www.foxnews.com/us/105-year-old-wwii-veteran-celebrates-birthday-with-drive-by-salute
Posted By: No105_Archie

Re: Veteran Honored - 08/13/20 12:26 PM

Great story smile
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Veteran Honored - 08/13/20 12:28 PM

Wow, a great story indeed. Thanks for posting that watson!

Re: Veteran Honored - 08/13/20 12:40 PM

Thanks PM..I had two uncles who served at Iwo Jima and were the reason I became a Marine and I have the utmost respect for "The Greatest Generation" and all Vets from all Nations
Posted By: oldgrognard

Re: Veteran Honored - 08/13/20 02:21 PM

Quite a resume ! A mans man. My respects Sir.
Posted By: Allen

Re: Veteran Honored - 08/13/20 03:08 PM

He's a winner.

My Uncles served in combat in WW2 (Navy Carrier, Destroyer), while my Dad made equipment for the Military. I and my two buddies were drafted for Vietnam. I went for the physical and passed. However, they allowed me to finish college. Then, the draft laws changed and I was not re-drafted. My buddies served -- Special Forces (in combat) and Washington DC (had a special talent they needed).

Based on that experience, my greatest respect go to "those who serve" -- chiefly Military and Police. Doing all that and seeing 105th Birthday is extremely special -- a winner!

Re: Veteran Honored - 08/13/20 03:41 PM

Thanks for the post Archie your family has a history of service and glad to hear you weren't drafted I made my own choice and enlisted served two tours but the second one was cut short by a bit accident,,Never agreed with the draft ,I went because I wanted to,,Draft a man and good chance his heart isn't in it ..Volunteers make their choices and live by them
****Darn looks like no Buckeyes this year....
© 2024 SimHQ Forums