homepage

RIP Cate Archer

Posted By: Blade_RJ

RIP Cate Archer - 07/01/20 08:58 AM

https://kotaku.com/the-sad-story-behind-a-dead-pc-game-that-cant-come-back-1688358811

so that is why .......common, someone just make a spirtual sucessor, change the names, and invert the color pallet of her clothing and call it a day.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: RIP Cate Archer - 07/01/20 11:10 AM

"Contract Jack" was a commercial flop. What made the previous two NOLF games before "Contract Jack" so unique in the early 2000's was the great dialogue. I'm not sure lightning would strike twice today.

Leave it be and make something new.
Posted By: Rick_Rawlings

Re: RIP Cate Archer - 07/01/20 01:45 PM

It all makes sense if you just remember what H.A.R.M. stands for...
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: RIP Cate Archer - 07/01/20 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rick_Rawlings
It all makes sense if you just remember what H.A.R.M. stands for...

My favorite is when you overhear two HARM security guards talking about the Beatles and how sad they were that the Beatles quit touring but that at least they still put out good albums. biggrin
Posted By: Rick_Rawlings

Re: RIP Cate Archer - 07/01/20 06:18 PM

There's so much good stuff! My favorite that I remember is probably the fake lava discussion...

9:25 for the kind of dialogue you could get if you resisted the urge to kill everyone for a few moments for those of you who never discovered these gems...
Posted By: Forward Observer

Re: RIP Cate Archer - 07/10/20 10:43 PM

I still have the disks for both games. I know that they worked with Win 7. I guess I'll dig them out to try with Win 10

Cheers
Posted By: Blade_RJ

Re: RIP Cate Archer - 07/11/20 10:40 PM

it doesnt, but since no one owns the game you can still download them for free from a site that made a custom versoin to work with modern computers
© 2024 SimHQ Forums