homepage

Steam Summer sale

Posted By: WangoTango

Steam Summer sale - 06/25/20 02:20 PM

Suppose to start today 12:55 EST. and run until July 9th. Hoping for good sale on IL-2 GB titles. My son got $80 in Steam cards for Fathers day. Those are really the only titles I am interested in.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/25/20 02:23 PM

I still need a couple of planes for IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad so if those go on sale I'll buy them. There's nothing else out right now that interests me. The 12-13 games I currently have installed on my PC keep me plenty busy anyway.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/25/20 02:59 PM

Just added 3 x DLC for Hunter:Call of the Wild.

I've been tempted by Cloudpunk and Satisfactory (which are both on sale) but not sure they have staying power for me.

I wish more game companies released demo's. That doesn't seem to be a thing anymore. I used to love my monthly PC mags with their cover discs and demo software etc. I suppose the internet put paid to that.
Posted By: Vaderini

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/25/20 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Chucky

I wish more game companies released demo's. That doesn't seem to be a thing anymore. I used to love my monthly PC mags with their cover discs and demo software etc. I suppose the internet put paid to that.

There actually was a "demo week" last week on Steam, but unfortunately AAA games were shining in absence, with most of the demo's being Unity junk

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/25/20 04:56 PM

I used to love my monthly PC mags with their cover discs and demo software etc. I suppose the internet put paid to that.

Absolutely. Now someone could argue why don't publishers make demos that you can just download from Steam or some other online service but that seems to have been replaced by the occasional "free weekend" events where you can play a game for free for a limited time. Haven't you noticed that these "free weekend" trials have become more common since the pandemic lock down? The publishers definitely want to take advantage of the fact that many people are still stuck at home most of the time.

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/25/20 05:47 PM

75% of IL-2 Battle Of Stalingrad / Battle Of Moscow / Battle Of Kuban.
50% off Battle Of Bodenplatte / Flying Circus
Most aircraft are 75% off, a few are 50%.

Looks like the Game developer site is matching the prices, for those who prefer to buy that way.

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/25/20 06:06 PM

Thanks for that news WT!
Posted By: Genbrien

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/25/20 07:36 PM

Just checked Il2 Stalingrad deluxe. Is the content for the deluxe only 2 more planes or there's other things too?

edit: bought the deluxe anyway + the fortress of the volga
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/25/20 08:07 PM

Just added 3 x DLC for Hunter:Call of the Wild.

I've been tempted by Cloudpunk and Satisfactory (which are both on sale) but not sure they have staying power for me.

Have you tried the Silver Ridge map yet in Call of the Wild?

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/25/20 08:18 PM

I don't have that one Alicatt.

I thought that you could play all the maps in MP as long as one of the players owned it. If so I've yet to see it. Is it any good? (assuming you have it).

*edit* Just joined a MP session on that map and took 3 Rocky Mountain Elk with 3 shots in 5 minutes with the black powder musket. Never had that luck before. There was a group of 3 Elk who didn't seem too bothered about me dropping one of them. The second was also a clean kill but I thought the third one was going to charge me but he ran past. I hit him but not clean so had to do track it down, It didn't go too far. I like this map smile
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/25/20 08:36 PM

oh it's really quite nice, moving with animals just now too, interesting main mission line as well.

Yes you can play it MP as long as the host has the map, don't think you can do the missions in it on MP if you don't have the map.
Lots of elevation change in it and from open meadows to rocky cliffs, not explored it all yet, still got most of the top left and all of top right sections to explore.
It's their best offering yet, better than the Cuatro Carolinas (Spain map) and it made me feel right back in the Catalonia mountains

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/25/20 08:43 PM

Ok,make that 4. As I was typing my last response I heard an animal close by.Tabbed back into the game and it was just in front of me smile

I think I'll buy this DLC. Thanks for the recommendation.

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/25/20 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Thanks for that news WT!

thumbsup
Posted By: Ajay

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/26/20 12:13 AM

Grabbed two IL2GB modules and the 109G6 last night, good stuff.
Posted By: BlueHeron

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/26/20 01:47 PM

Half-Life: Alyx. It's unusual for me to pick up only one game during a summer sale, but nothing else seems worth the time.

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/26/20 05:12 PM

Just picked up the P-38 and the FW190 D-9 for IL-2 for 10 bucks each.
Posted By: saghen

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/29/20 11:26 PM

ARMA 3 is nicely discounted during the summer sale.

In case you didn't know, SimHQ has an ARMA 3 server and we play weekly on Mondays at 8PM Eastern.

If you want to join us and chill, playing some ARMA 3, please do it. We're low on player count at the moment, even one or two people will really help us out.

To play with us, you need:
base ARMA 3 $8.99US

ARMA 3 Apex $8.49US

Global Mobilization DLC $11.49US

Total for those 3 addons is $28.97US

It's roughly $1.20 cheaper if you get the ARMA 3 Apex Edition (it's different than the Apex standalone) and the Global Mobilization, since there's a $5 give back from Steam on purchases over $30.

Plus a bunch of addons. Download link in the ARMA 3 forum.

If you have questions, you can PM me or post in the ARMA 3 forum. Let's not clog things up in this thread.

Thanks.
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/30/20 10:47 AM

Got Metro Exodus in the sale... done 18 hrs on it so far!
Great game, massive open worlds, engaging story line... it's like Fallout 4, and Half Life, all rolled into one, it has that kind of feeling to it.
Posted By: DaveP63

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/30/20 10:47 AM

Re-entry, an orbital simulation.

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/30/20 11:33 AM

Just bought Terminator: Resistance due to the overwhelmingly positive reviews and the fact that I'm always game for a well made sci-fi shooter.
Posted By: kilosierra

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/30/20 01:51 PM

I bought Jedi Fallen order and Frostpunk.

Tried Jedi yesterday, man I suck nowadays. Could be it is the xbox controller, first time I tried it, I played shooters with mouse and keyboard in the past.

Frostpunk is a fascinating game, I already put 10+ hours into it.

Greets

Karsten

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/30/20 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by kilosierra

Tried Jedi yesterday, man I suck nowadays. Could be it is the xbox controller, first time I tried it, I played shooters with mouse and keyboard in the past.

Two things:

1. The game is optimized to use a console pad/controller. You can play with a mouse and keyboard but it will be more difficult to execute many of the special light saber moves.

2. What difficulty are you playing the game on? This game was made to be very challenging by default and even on "Jedi Knight" difficulty I died a LOT.
Posted By: kilosierra

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/30/20 02:21 PM

PM,

like I said, it`s the first time I`m using the xbox controller in a game, so could be I simply have to get the feel for it. So far, I have difficulties in coordinating the view. And I`m just in the prelude where I have to follow my co-worker.... wounded

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/30/20 02:27 PM

PM,

like I said, it`s the first time I`m using the xbox controller in a game, so could be I simply have to get the feel for it. So far, I have difficulties in coordinating the view. And I`m just in the prelude where I have to follow my co-worker.... wounded

Ok, I understand now. smile

I tried a couple of times to use a console controller in the past but I absolutely hated it so even if a game is optimized to use it, I prefer to use a mouse and keyboard.
Posted By: Ajay

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/30/20 02:43 PM

I haven't even jumped in my P-38 yet, i really should!
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/30/20 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ajay

I haven't even jumped in my P-38 yet, i really should!

The P-38 is awesome in IL2
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/30/20 04:18 PM

Frostpunk is a fascinating game, I already put 10+ hours into it.

Greets

Karsten

I got this through the Humble monthly but have never played. Is it appropriate for a child around 10 to play with a parent?

My subscription has helped me find games to play with my daughter that we otherwise would have never heard about.

Hmm... checking the Steam store page it says 17+, but that'd doesn't necessarily mean so. We play Bannerlord together!

edited for clarity

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/30/20 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman

I got this through the Humble monthly but have never played. Is it appropriate for a child around 10 to play with a parent?

My subscription has helped me find games to play with my daughter that we otherwise would have never heard about.

Hmm... checking the Steam store page it says 17+, but that'd doesn't necessarily mean so. We play Bannerlord together!

Are you referring to Jedi Fallen Order or Frostpunk?

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/30/20 04:39 PM

Sorry, Frostpunk.
Posted By: JohnnyChemo

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/30/20 06:08 PM

Enjoyed Frostpunk, but it may be a bit too edgy for a 10-year-old. You do have to make some hard decisions on how you will handle people.

I wound up with X4 and Terraria. I’ve been keeping my eye on. X4 since release. It hasn’t been too bad, though the learning curve is a bit much and the menus/interface don’t seem quite...polished?

Terria was just a whim, At $5 I figured I’d take a flyer on it.

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/30/20 06:35 PM

Terraria is fun, but my daughter prefers Minecraft. Myself, I find the sidescrolling aspect very appealing--and making houses and towns is strangely fun. I won't spoil the rest, but, let's just say I have had some fun with dynamite...

Usage of the online wiki is essential to make sense of the game and everything you can make.

Re: Steam Summer sale - 06/30/20 06:45 PM

I just grabbed some ARMA 3 stuff. Global Mobilization and Apex.

I think I'm nearly done now.

The free game next week on Epic is Conan Exiles. I don't usually enjoy 3rd person games but for free,why not?
Posted By: JohnnyChemo

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/01/20 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Terraria is fun, but my daughter prefers Minecraft. Myself, I find the sidescrolling aspect very appealing--and making houses and towns is strangely fun. I won't spoil the rest, but, let's just say I have had some fun with dynamite...

Usage of the online wiki is essential to make sense of the game and everything you can make.

Thanks!. I jumped into it very briefly, but couldn't quite figure out what I was supposed to do. The wiki will be very useful.
Posted By: Blade_RJ

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/01/20 06:16 AM

The free game next week on Epic is Conan Exiles. I don't usually enjoy 3rd person games but for free,why not?

i hope you enjoy digital dicks

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/01/20 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Blade_RJ

You mean Conan? Do you play it?

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/01/20 08:58 AM

You mean Conan? Do you play it?

seen video back then, seemed very crude, almost like that rust game everyone loves to be toxic about.
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/01/20 10:05 AM

Got the U-2 and Ju-52 for IL2. I own almost every IL2 aircraft now.

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/01/20 11:03 AM

You should join us for our "Military Monday" weekly events at SimHQ. Check out the ArmA 3 forum!

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/01/20 11:26 AM

Panzer,I'd be nothing but a liability. I suppose you could use me to walk out of cover to see if it's safe duck
Posted By: adlabs6

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/01/20 02:46 PM

Panzer,I'd be nothing but a liability. I suppose you could use me to walk out of cover to see if it's safe duck

You might be surprised how beginner-friendly the Arma group sessions are. Really worth considering, and experiencing in a coop multiplayer setting.

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/01/20 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by adlabs6

You might be surprised how beginner-friendly the Arma group sessions are. Really worth considering, and experiencing in a coop multiplayer setting.

people still play online ? i never got around to try it. been sitting in my backlog forever.

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/01/20 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by adlabs6

people still play online ? i never got around to try it. been sitting in my backlog forever.

Check us out in the ArmA forum for info on which mods you will need to download and install. We would love for you to join our group!

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/03/20 08:02 PM

I just grabbed Global Mobilization myself. The only DLC I didn't own yet. I was waiting for it to go on sale. It is massive (ARMA 3 standards) at over 24 GB. Almost doubles the install size.

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/03/20 09:48 PM

I also added ARMA 3 Jets,Helicopters,Tanks and Laws of War.

I've just been playing on an Altis Life RP server. No clue what to do at first. I kept seeing a message that I'd been paid but didn't realise I had to withdraw it from an ATM machine. It's pretty good fun to be honest but I need a mic I think.
Posted By: RossUK

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/04/20 07:34 AM

I also added ARMA 3 Jets,Helicopters,Tanks and Laws of War.

I've just been playing on an Altis Life RP server. No clue what to do at first. I kept seeing a message that I'd been paid but didn't realise I had to withdraw it from an ATM machine. It's pretty good fun to be honest but I need a mic I think.

I am in the same boat as you I need a mic before I take the online plunge. Need to do some research into the best one to get.

I deeply loved the original Operation Flashpoint game back in the day and remember getting a new rig just to play it smoothly. Poured countless hours into it and to this day haven't found a game so tense as that campaign. I remember spending three hours on a mission evading a BMP that was hunting me during a night mission. Superb atmosphere.

I have all the DLC for Arma 3 except Karts but find myself loading the editor up and just pottering about in the various vehicles and sight-seeing. Waste of such a great game but finding the time to dedicate to it is hard at the moment.

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/05/20 07:43 PM

Bough horizon zero dawn because it was cheap and now its not anymore lol. seems someone gave steam the pricing bribe of the epic release.
got a few sims i was dating for a few years like cold waters and atlantic fleet, and some puzzle games to change pace from racing, shooting,rts.
and that is it for another 3-4 years as my dynamic library on steam just acused me of having 255 games i never even played......and problably never will most of them......trying all the single player story driven ones first since they are easiier to cross out.

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/06/20 03:18 AM

I bought "Terminator: Resistance" and started playing it today. The game play is pretty good but I'm a bit disappointed in the somewhat outdated looking graphics.
Posted By: RossUK

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/06/20 06:39 AM

Bough horizon zero dawn because it was cheap and now its not anymore lol. seems someone gave steam the pricing bribe of the epic release.
got a few sims i was dating for a few years like cold waters and atlantic fleet, and some puzzle games to change pace from racing, shooting,rts.
and that is it for another 3-4 years as my dynamic library on steam just acused me of having 255 games i never even played......and problably never will most of them......trying all the single player story driven ones first since they are easiier to cross out.

Cold Waters is a superb game.
Posted By: Timothy

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/06/20 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by RossUK

Cold Waters is a superb game.

They needed one more patch, and a Red side DLC. I also don't like the magic spotting that happens, like when the SeaWolf fires a torp at a Whiskey Class from directly behind and it immediately fires 3 torps at you. After losing a number of campaigns like that, I uninstalled it.

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/13/20 09:05 PM

Just bought Terminator: Resistance due to the overwhelmingly positive reviews and the fact that I'm always game for a well made sci-fi shooter.

It was okay, about Call of Duty Modern Warfare quality. Would have been better if released in 2017. Visited the forums to see about a question and the biggest question was who to sleep with...Both of course, but they discussed the morality of it and even judged which scene was better and why the uncensored one is better. CGI bewbies. So I just decided to try to figure it out on my own. I now remember why I rarely go to discussion boards for games.

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/14/20 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Timothy
I now remember why I rarely go to discussion boards for games.

Most of us on SimHQ need to be constantly aware of the fact that the median age of gamersr is probably around 25 and this is especially true for shooters like Terminator.

Having said that, I am really enjoying the story so far and the game play is pretty well done.

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/20/20 04:47 PM

I finished Terminator: Resistance a few days ago and I have to say I was very impressed with the story and the characters. It was good writing all around and it makes a great prequel to the 1984 film. smile

Re: Steam Summer sale - 07/20/20 11:27 PM

I finished Terminator: Resistance a few days ago and I have to say I was very impressed with the story and the characters. It was good writing all around and it makes a great prequel to the 1984 film. smile

Yes, the story was better than the movies post T2, I just wish the engine and the graphics were better for the price. Barring the comments about who to sleep with, I found the characters quite well done in the story.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums