homepage

SpaceX Manned Launch

Posted By: Arthonon

SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 05:13 AM

If everything goes according to plan, humans will be launched into space for the first time on a SpaceX rocket using a SpaceX capsule on May 27, 2020.

Launch info and stream should be able to be found here:
https://www.spacex.com/launches/

I wish them good luck, and safe flying!
Posted By: NoFlyBoy

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 05:42 AM

The SPACEX Launch (3:30 pm CENTRAL) will STREAM LIVE here on NASA YouTube channel

I hope the SPACEX launch today will be exciting as Sunday, April 12th, 1981, 6:00 am CENTRAL when this

]
Posted By: Ajay

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 09:56 AM

Been watching all of the lead up and will be waking the daughter at 1 am tomorrow morning fot the launch, weather permitting!
Posted By: oldgrognard

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 10:08 AM

I will be there to see it.

History baby. Yeah.
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 01:04 PM

Not looking hopeful for Weds. Tropical Depression off the Atlantic coast could complicate things

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by oldgrognard

History baby. Yeah.

You better get some good pics OG!

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 05:34 PM

On my way now. They are saying better than a 60% chance of launch. Skies are not looking good; hopefully better at the Cape.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ajay

History baby. Yeah.

You better get some good pics OG!

In this days of HD cameras cell phones, it should be HD video.

On my way now. They are saying better than a 60% chance of launch. Skies are not looking good; hopefully better at the Cape.

Have fun!
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 05:54 PM

Weather also has to be acceptable in a number of downrange abort areas. I'm not counting on this launch proceeding, hope I'm wrong.
Posted By: EAF331 MadDog

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 06:28 PM

Christ

Both SpaceX and NASA TV is streaming this in 720p.

720p for #%&*$# sake - is this 1991?

Where the hell is the 4K/HDR stream? This is SpaceX - not ESA after all. Rather pissed off at that - I want to watch it on my 4K TV in glorious resolution and we get something that was obsolete before Musk was born.
Posted By: MarkG

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 06:46 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Arthonon. Nice to see that my TV still works, and I'm going to keep it on the DirecTV NASA channel for the day.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 07:25 PM

Apparently it is bumper to bumper at the Cape atm, hope you got yourself a nice quiet spot mate.

Edit - 30 minutes and counting, looking good!

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 08:10 PM

24 minutes to go.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 08:17 PM

Canceled. frown

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 08:18 PM

Bummer. Oh well, Saturday it is.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 08:23 PM

Darn!

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 08:30 PM

Better safe than sorry.

Saturday 3:22 pm EST is next launch.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 08:33 PM

What's a little weather when the rocket flies so fast it will go through the weather clouds faster than Superman not long enough to be in them clouds to be affected.
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
What's a little weather when the rocket flies so fast it will go through the weather clouds faster than Superman not long enough to be in them clouds to be affected.
It's not the clouds per say, it is the rain and hail contained within the clouds that could do damage to the craft flying at the speeds it does.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 08:47 PM

From SpaceX Twitter: "Standing down from launch today due to unfavorable weather in the flight path"

I'm reading that as bad weather downrange so it was probably in case of an inflight abort. You don't want to come down in a thunderstorm / high seas if you have an inflight abort a few hundred miles downrange.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 08:55 PM

That makes sense. But in the Star Wars and Star Trek movies you see the Falcon and the Tie Fighters and the X-Wings and the USS Enterprise NCC-1701 to NCC-1701D fly through anything. They need to put Deflector Shields instead of some heat absorbing rubber tiles on that SpaceX craft. Deflector shields will let the ship survive anything.

Posted By: Nixer

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 10:37 PM

We need a doorman...
Posted By: malibu43

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/27/20 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Nixer
We need a doorman...

yep

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/28/20 01:20 AM

Well, that didn’t turn out as I had envisioned. Three hours of driving there only to have it scrubbed. Then three hours back home.

If the weather looks favorable on Saturday, the wife and I will drive there to see if it goes.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/28/20 01:22 AM

Totally worth it. I did the same thing for a shuttle launch over a decade and a half ago.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/28/20 01:38 AM

Ive seen 4 maybe 5 shuttle launches. One from my plane. I’m going to make sure I see one ot SpaceX’s launches from my plane and get some pictures.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/28/20 02:03 AM

Yes, it is totally worth it. It’s history baby. Yeah.

Think about this :

It was only 66 years from the Wright brothers first powered flight to the first landing on the moon. That is startling when you think of it. So much progress in just 66 years.

Then, it has been 48 years since the last lunar landing. That is a long pause. 48 years.

Think of those two numbers.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/28/20 02:20 AM

It was only 66 years from the Wright brothers first powered flight to the first landing on the moon. That is startling when you think of it. So much progress in just 66 years.

And all happened within my grandfathers', born in 1895, memory. Even my father, born 1924, could remember the first time he ever saw an airplane (as well as the first time he drank a Coke). Not many people can say that.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/28/20 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by EAF331 MadDog
Christ

Both SpaceX and NASA TV is streaming this in 720p.

720p for #%&*$# sake - is this 1991?

Where the hell is the 4K/HDR stream? This is SpaceX - not ESA after all. Rather pissed off at that - I want to watch it on my 4K TV in glorious resolution and we get something that was obsolete before Musk was born.

You young whippersnappers are spoiled. I watched the Apollo 11 moonwalk on a 13" black and white TV.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/28/20 04:54 AM

They need to play this song during the launch on Saturday

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/28/20 05:40 AM

That was on the capsule playlist. So was The Girl from Ipanema. The Star Spangled Banner.

They used The Girl from Ipanema as a relaxation device used when they detected any signs of stress.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 02:36 PM

Round two coming up.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 04:36 PM

On my way there with the wife. Making a day trip out of it. Having lunch right now as we look at the pre-launch briefings and news.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 06:32 PM

51 minutes to go

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 06:49 PM

This will be the first crewed American space "capsule" launch since Apollo-Soyuz launched on July 15, 1975.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 06:59 PM

Weather still questionable today

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cape-canaveral/32920/hourly-weather-forecast/2230906

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 07:19 PM

4 minutes!!

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 07:23 PM

GO GO GO!!!!

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 07:29 PM

The over the shoulder view of the instrument panel is awesome.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 07:30 PM

It's so beautiful!

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 07:35 PM

Wow, I haven't been keeping up...so the booster lands on a drone ship? This whole thing is all kinds of awesome!

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 07:41 PM

19 hours to ISS. How far is the ISS? SpaceX seem to do everything tsimpler and smoother than NASA. Look at the control room. A few rows of tables, a few tech at each table, and that's it. Not crowded and full of consoles like a NASA control room.
Posted By: Mark Aisthorpe

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 07:41 PM

Great launch, congrats to all involved.
I bet Elon is pumped smile

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 07:45 PM

Yes the first stage section lands on a drone ship with the name OF COURSE I STILL LOVE YOU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_spaceport_drone_ship#Of_Course_I_Still_Love_You

There is also another one with the name JUST READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.

Originally Posted by MarkG
Wow, I haven't been keeping up...so the booster lands on a drone ship? This whole thing is all kinds of awesome!

They've done it dozens of times now, reflown the same booster as many as 5 times.
Posted By: Zamzow

Elon Musk didn't just make American history today, he made world history, and on multiple counts at the same time.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 07:46 PM

19 hours to ISS. How far is the ISS? SpaceX seem to do everything tsimpler and smoother than NASA. Look at the control room. A few rows of tables, a few tech at each table, and that's it. Not crowded and full of consoles like a NASA control room.

I'm sure an orbital rendezvous is much more complicated than simple distance. smile

And welcome to 2020, I guess? <shrug>

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 07:48 PM

The Dragon is also very minialistic in it's interior design, and the new suits are quite a change from the old we've used to see.
Posted By: Zamzow

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by F4UDash4
Originally Posted by MarkG

They've done it dozens of times now, reflown the same booster as many as 5 times.

Here's a binaural video of that (and a launch) that REALLY displays the sonic booms of the returning boosters.

If you have multiple setups use whatever has the best speakers you own, and crank it as loud as you can get away with.

I don't recommend headphones unless your speakers are really weak or crappy and your headphones are way better...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImoQqNyRL8Y

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 08:10 PM

Back in my day we used *real* rockets! old_simmer biggrin

Now I want to tour Kennedy Space Center again, or maybe Johnson in Houston.

EDIT: I was alive for all Saturn V launches (but only 2 months old for first flight).

Attached picture saturnv.gif

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 08:11 PM

If you miss the live launch:

You can download the YouTube video by entering the YouTube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W36QKRS_t5k

into here:

https://www.y2mate.com/en19

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 08:17 PM

Zamzow, that was cool, thanks.

I remember the landing booster now (as well as the 'Heavy Metal' car). Hope my memory isn't already starting to slip.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/30/20 09:45 PM

I SAW almost all the Saturn Launches, including the early Saturn I. From the beach a 1/4 from my house. Approx 30 mi s of the pad.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/31/20 01:25 AM

I fell asleep at 30 minutes to go, i should have had a nana nap during the day.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/31/20 02:21 AM

Progress.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture Controls-730x731.jpg

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/31/20 03:09 AM

Take a tour of the Dragon (which they've given another name, watch the video to hear it) on orbit with Bob and Doug:

https://youtu.be/nIgJsw4D3q4

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/31/20 05:24 AM

Have the DirecTV DVR set to record ISS docking at 9AM on NASA station, but I plan to watch it live.
Posted By: Docjonel

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/31/20 06:44 AM

Went outside tonight with my 10 year old son and watched as the ISS flew over our house, followed shortly after by a small rapidly moving star- the Crew Dragon capsule carrying Bob and Doug.
So very cool to be able to witness the pursuit of the space station taking place right over our home!

I'm also excited that a private company has this capability and that they can make it available to whoever they want.
Posted By: BD-123

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/31/20 09:21 AM

With the style of the suits, the minimalist consoles and the fact they can float about in polo shirts and trousers...I'm having 2001 flashbacks. what a wonderful achievement and a privilege to watch the live stream.
However, still some twats commenting that it is all faked.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/31/20 10:41 AM

floating in polo shirt and trousers was pretty common on the space shuttle also. The suits are for launch/reentry when they need to be extra protected.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/31/20 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by BD-123
With the style of the suits, the minimalist consoles and the fact they can float about in polo shirts and trousers...I'm having 2001 flashbacks. what a wonderful achievement and a privilege to watch the live stream.
However, still some twats commenting that it is all faked.

I'm imagining a 'When Worlds Collide' (1951) scenario. Sorry,you can't board our rocket to salvation,it's all fake,remember? duh

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/31/20 12:04 PM

Watch them live docking with the ISS at about 9:15 am today

Don't forget you can try your hand at docking here:

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4520823/spacex-iss-docking-simulator#Post4520823

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/31/20 02:35 PM

Nice docking. thumbsup
Posted By: No105_Archie

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/31/20 03:19 PM

Space X gives me hope for the future. Mr. Musk is eccentric ( but most truly great men have been ) but he is pushing scientific and engineering boundaries which IMO is GOOD for mankind
Posted By: rwatson

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/31/20 11:18 PM

I never heard how will the capsule land on water ,,land or a controlled landing like the rocket did ??

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/31/20 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by rwatson
I never heard how will the capsule land on water ,,land or a controlled landing like the rocket did ??

Parachute on water. Recovery by SpaceX ship.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/31/20 11:33 PM

If you miss the docking, it starts at about 40 minutes. Then to see the astronauts going on the iSS, it starts at about 3 hr 50 min. After they docked, they sat in the capsule for over 3 hours while ISS check things and connect things. Not like the movies, you dock, you open the door, you step out and come and go freely like it's Starbucks.

Posted By: rwatson

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 05/31/20 11:57 PM

Thanks F4 don't think Iv'e ever seen it mentioned ,,,Yeah it did drag a bit after the hooked up

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 06/01/20 12:39 AM

I watched the whole thing live and they were asked to collect the trash in the capsule before the hatches could be open to let them onto the ISS.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 06/01/20 11:35 AM

I watched about 4 hours of it on Twitch. It was all very fascinating.

I was getting an 'Observation' vibe from the various camera feeds and someone commented that the game devs based their space station on the ISS.

Anyone play that game?

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 06/01/20 02:24 PM

With everything that's happening on planet Earth: Coronavirus, civil unrests, etc., if I was one of those 5 Astronauts on the ISS, I wouldn't want to come back. How long can a human being last in space zero gravity?

Observation? Don't think I ever heard of it.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 06/01/20 02:25 PM

With everything that's happening on planet Earth: Coronavirus, civil unrests, etc., .

Human civilization has been through a LOT worse as recently as the 20th century and it managed to get through it and thrive. Stop being such an alarmist. It's getting REALLY old.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 06/02/20 05:24 AM

And SpaceX has finally won Capture the Flag:

https://www.geekwire.com/2020/nasas-dragon-riders-capture-flag-nine-years-left-space-station/
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 06/02/20 01:52 PM

thumbsup

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 06/09/20 10:39 AM

I went to the NASA live feed yesterday for the first time in a week and they are still up there for maybe 3-4 months.

I assumed they were just flying up there to see if the SpaceX spacecraft works properly, dock with the ISS and then come back after a few days. But it's safer up there right now than being on Earth.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 06/09/20 11:44 AM

But it's safer up there right now than being on Earth.

Don't be ridiculous, that has nothing to do with the length of mission.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 06/10/20 02:20 PM

This is huge. Previously NASA had insisted that all crewed missions would use new Falcon 9 launch vehicles and new Dragon 2 spacecraft.

SpaceX wins NASA approval to launch astronauts on reused rockets and spacecraft

In a wholly unexpected turn of events, a modification to SpaceX’s ~$3.1 billion NASA Commercial Crew Program (CCP) contract was spotted on June 3rd. Without leaving much room for interpretation, the contract tweak states that SpaceX is now “[allowed to reuse] the Falcon 9 launch vehicle and Crew Dragon spacecraft beginning with” its second operational astronaut launch, known as Post Certification Mission-2 (PCM-2) or Crew-2. Given the spectacular, hiccup-free success of SpaceX’s inaugural astronaut launch and International Space Station (ISS) arrival just 3-4 days prior, it’s safe to say that NASA is extremely happy with the results of the mission.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 06/10/20 07:32 PM

Russia’s space leader seems pretty bitter about SpaceX’s success

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 06/14/20 04:47 PM

Watching the NASA live feed YouTube channel and they are showing videos of past STS missions where they assembled parts of the ISS. It's incredible how a few astronauts from each mission were able to assemble the ISS in space.

WIKI has a good page about it too https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assembly_of_the_International_Space_Station

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 06/28/20 11:56 PM

Tour the ISS

I want this 864 pieces set

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/international-space-station-21321

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 07/30/20 10:33 PM

They are returning this weekend on Sunday at 2:42 pm Eastern

https://blogs.nasa.gov/commercialcr...ng-splashdown-in-friday-news-conference/

here's the NASA live feed again

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/02/20 04:44 PM

2 hours to landing: estimated 2:48 pm Eastern. It's now 12:48 pm Eastern.

Like driving your Dad's car when you first got your permit.

https://www.spacex.com/static/images/backgrounds/issgraphic_desktop.jpg

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/02/20 04:52 PM

I've been watching it on Twitch most of the day.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/02/20 06:54 PM

I am happy they return to Earth safely but...

1. SpaceX and NASA don't have a better feed than this LO-RES?

[Linked Image]

2. I was under the impression the SpaceX Dragon was reusable and expected the landing was back on the drone ship like this

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/02/20 07:11 PM

Unbelievable! There are private boats getting in close. The Coast Guard should deal with these idiots.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/02/20 07:48 PM

They no longer use aircraft carriers to recover Astronauts?

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/02/20 08:19 PM

I am amused seeing the SpaceX recovery boat. Looks kind of like a fishing trawler ready to pull in its shrimp nets. Especially since everything else SpaceX has done is so cutting edge and fashionable.

Long process to open the hatch. Gus Grissom would have had it off much quicker.

Interesting to see the man with the clipboard doing the checklist for everything they did. Like a pilots checklist.

Also I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the recovery crew around the capsule. No bigwigs horning in on things. Just the people necessary to get it done and a photographer. Very unlike the government run recoveries. Very controlled and purposeful.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/02/20 08:26 PM

Long process to open the hatch. Gus Grissom would have had it off much quicker.

hahaha

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/02/20 11:09 PM

Well three of us got it...counting OG.
Posted By: Khai

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/03/20 07:53 AM

I am happy they return to Earth safely but...

2. I was under the impression the SpaceX Dragon was reusable and expected the landing was back on the drone ship like this

Yes it is reusable, it will now be refurbished for relaunch next year.
They dropped the 'solid' landing infavour of 'soft' splash down some time ago...
Posted By: Khai

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/03/20 07:53 AM

Four

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/03/20 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Khai

Four

I got it, don't like it.

Gus Grissom didn't blow the hatch. It was a mechanical failure. What the movie "The Right Stuff" did to Gus was a travesty and it should not be repeated here for laughs.

Sorry OG.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/03/20 12:46 PM

I don't know who Gus Grissom is. When I read the name Gus Grissom above, I was thinking of the Astronaut Tom Hanks played in Apollo 13. I WIKI The Right Stuff. I found this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Right_Stuff_(film)#Historical_accuracy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_1#Accident

Why are we making fun of someone who died in a tragic accident?
Posted By: mikew

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/03/20 12:49 PM

Well, I thought it was funny. Dark humour is the best kind, and things on the internet aren't meant to be taken seriously.

Anyway, am I the only one who thought they were stalling for time with that air monitoring theatre?
Seems like they timed it so the hatch opened at the top of the hour for maximum media coverage or something.
Also Musk needed to get from LA to Houston join in the homecoming.

Can't begrudge them the media attention after a seemingly flawless mission though. smile

Now looking forward to the Starship 150m hop, possibly later today...

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/03/20 12:53 PM

It was interesting to watch and note how different it was from the Mercury/Gemini/Apollo recoveries. You could really tell that the evolution was not being funded by a bottomless pit of taxpayer money, but rather by a contracted amount of it. It's especially amusing that SpaceX got it done before Boeing, even though SpaceX was awarded less money for their contract. Hopefully, Boeing gets their challenges conquered soon.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/03/20 01:00 PM

I don't know who Gus Grissom is. When I read the name Gus Grissom above, I was thinking of the Astronaut Tom Hanks played in Apollo 13. I WIKI The Right Stuff. I found this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Right_Stuff_(film)#Historical_accuracy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_1#Accident

Why don't you Google these things BEFORE revealing your ignorance of historical people/places/things?

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/03/20 01:09 PM

It was a reference to an earlier mission, in Liberty Bell 7 (Second sub-orbital Mercury flight). After splash-down, the hatch was blown off pre-maturely. There has been much subsequent debate as to whether Grissom panicked and blew it manually, or if it was a malfunction. The debate / speculation started way before the movie was made.

Grissom was an American hero, and continued doing good work in the space program. The Apollo 1 fire was a tragedy that cost us good men, and provided some hard won lessons. It's been decades since then, and the fire doesn't erase the history (and attendant debates) that came before it.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/03/20 01:17 PM

It was dark humor.

Gus Grissom was a great man and an accomplished aviator and astronaut.

As for the hatch blowing. Grissom got ahead of his checklist. He armed the hatch and removed the safety pins before the scheduled time. Did he purposely trigger it ? I don’t think so. But having it armed too early I think something in the rolling capsule hit or snagged it and blew it before it was scheduled. He also didn’t follow procedures on closing his oxygen inlet which allowed his suit to take on water. That was compounded by his not inflating his neck collar which also sealed the suit. His suit filled and nearly dragged him under. This rattled him and he got into the rescue sling backwards. When he was winched into the recovery helicopter he grabbed and put on a life vest.

I’m not belittling him. He was doing a very daring thing in being an early astronaut. I am just relating the event.

It was just dark humor about the hatch.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/03/20 01:21 PM

Why don't you Google these things BEFORE revealing your ignorance of historical people/places/things?

Says the man who join others to make fun of the astronaut who died in a tragic accident.
Posted By: DBond

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/03/20 02:11 PM

Do they have Google on the internet now?

Anyone remember the Simpsons episode when Homer said "They have the internet on computers now?"

That's how I see many of err, these posts.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/03/20 02:15 PM

NoFlyBoy, you need to go back and actually read the posts. F4U was definitely not joining in the humor. Quite the contrary he didn’t like it.

I regret having made a jest of the time they took opening the hatch and referring to the controversy regarding Grissom.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/03/20 02:49 PM

Well Gus didn't die in the hatch incident and that's what the joke was about.

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/03/20 04:33 PM

Says the man who join others to make fun of the astronaut who died in a tragic accident.

Another hint: Why don't you read for comprehension before responding, I was the one DEFENDING Gus Grissom.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/03/20 04:45 PM

Another hint: Why don't you read for comprehension before responding, .

+1

I'm afraid though this is like pi$$ing into the wind at this point.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: SpaceX Manned Launch - 08/03/20 06:58 PM

Sometimes I wonder if NFB is over twenty years old.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums