homepage

F-35 crash in Florida

Posted By: axman

F-35 crash in Florida - 05/20/20 02:11 PM

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/politics/f-35-crash-florida-stealth-jet/index.html

Pilot ejected safely,
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: F-35 crash in Florida - 05/20/20 02:13 PM

Yikes. I believe an F-22 was also lost very recently during a training flight.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: F-35 crash in Florida - 05/20/20 04:16 PM

They can make more F-35s. F-22s, on the other hand...

Both jets were from the same AFB? Maintenance crew problems? I noticed both pilots were taken to Eglin AFB for recovery.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: F-35 crash in Florida - 05/20/20 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
They can make more F-35s.

Well yeah sure but each F-35 costs about 90 million. Any US taxpayer should care about what kind of maintenance and parts these aircraft are receiving!
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: F-35 crash in Florida - 05/20/20 04:57 PM

I mainly care about the exploded enemies to cost of maintenance ratio. Losses of jet counts as maintenance, btw--total cost of replacement. The more exploded enemies per repair/replace, the better. =)

The F-22 is a monster ASF.
Posted By: oldgrognard

Re: F-35 crash in Florida - 06/07/20 12:11 PM

More info.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a32615435/f-35-crash-elgin-air-force-base/
Posted By: Pooch

Re: F-35 crash in Florida - 06/07/20 03:15 PM

"They can make more F-35s. F-22s, on the other hand...

Both jets were from the same AFB? Maintenance crew problems? I noticed both pilots were taken to Eglin AFB for recovery."

Twenty dollars or twenty billion dollars. They are machines.....they break. The more complicated they are, the more chance of breaking. After owning my own airplanes, and also having thirty seven years with the airlines I know that's true.
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: F-35 crash in Florida - 06/07/20 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pooch
"They can make more F-35s. F-22s, on the other hand...

Both jets were from the same AFB? Maintenance crew problems? I noticed both pilots were taken to Eglin AFB for recovery."

Twenty dollars or twenty billion dollars. They are machines.....they break. The more complicated they are, the more chance of breaking. After owning my own airplanes, and also having thirty seven years with the airlines I know that's true.

Yep, if you do not want them to ever crash then your only option is for them to NEVER leave the ground.

Wheels
Posted By: Zamzow

Re: F-35 crash in Florida - 06/07/20 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu

Yep, if you do not want them to ever crash then your only option is for them to NEVER leave the ground.

Wheels[/quote]

Except for leaving them parked in hurricane country - yeah not really a crash, but still.......
© 2024 SimHQ Forums