homepage

I personally know a guy who recovered from Covid-19

Posted By: Nixer

I personally know a guy who recovered from Covid-19 - 04/09/20 11:44 PM

Yep yep

Close acquaintance of mine (30 yrs) and my best friends good friend and fishing buddy.

Diagnosed, sent home. as he chose to ride it out with Aleve, cough medicine and Vitamins. Two weeks of "Pain Flu from Hell on Steroids" as he described it.

Contractor, age 66. Decent shape (better than me ;( )

Will test him in a week or two for anti-bodies to use his plasma.

Very nice guy, we didn't even know he was sick till he called my other friend a while ago. I forgot to ask if he still smoked (cigarettes, prolly not).

Extreme S. Brevard County, FL.

thumbsup
Posted By: Dart

Re: I personally know a guy who recovered from Covid-19 - 04/10/20 12:39 PM

Darned ol' BatFlu really whacks folks down - and those already with problems even worse - but it's not the Black Death.

I was talking to a Doctor friend who suspects I had a bout of it - two weeks of just being fatigued for no reason, body aches beyond the normal, mild nausea, minor and occasional cough, but no fever.

"Should I get tested?"
"Don't waste our time."

It's an odd little virus.
Posted By: adlabs6

Re: I personally know a guy who recovered from Covid-19 - 04/10/20 04:27 PM

Glad to hear he's recovered.

I suspect I had it, was sick 4 weeks total, the final 3 weeks was a dry cough that just wouldn't clear. My fever was very brief (just one night) and loss of taste/smell for a day or two. All my immediate family had similar symptoms, but with varying duration for each person.

Posted By: Crane Hunter

Re: I personally know a guy who recovered from Covid-19 - 04/10/20 04:35 PM

I think I had it as well, back in December-January.

It was bad but a joke compared to the "Desert Fever" that had me coughing for 6 months straight back in 2001.

My 86 year old grandmother was also very sick at that time with pneumonia and had to be hospitalized.
Posted By: Zamzow

Re: I personally know a guy who recovered from Covid-19 - 04/10/20 07:30 PM

I just got my first news of a friend having it - actually a friend and her husband. Came from a co-worker of the husband, at the Post Office where he works.

I'm surprised nobody in my family has it yet (that we know of). My family is pretty large and unlike my above mentioned friends all live in a major city with well over a thousand confirmed cases so far...

The odds would strongly suggest that by the end of 2020 we'll have lost at least one person to this crap...
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: I personally know a guy who recovered from Covid-19 - 04/10/20 07:39 PM

I was sick with something in December and had a fever for two weeks and it took me a whole month to recover. My neighbor across the street's Mom had been visiting at the time from China...
Posted By: TerribleTwo

Re: I personally know a guy who recovered from Covid-19 - 04/10/20 09:57 PM

Ask him if he feels his lung capacity had dimished. If he feels short of breath more than before

Of course after he regains strength.
Posted By: Zamzow

Re: I personally know a guy who recovered from Covid-19 - 04/10/20 11:55 PM

Just found out an ex girlfriend of mine (who lives in my city) is in the hospital with what she's hoping to be pneumonia. She has extreme sleep apnea (has been hospitalized over THAT several times over the past couple years).

One of our mutual best friends was killed by the 2009 H1N1 outbreak, at age 37 and in better health than she is now at 48. Not looking good.
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: I personally know a guy who recovered from Covid-19 - 04/12/20 05:11 PM

Friend and neighbour, also sister in law of my best friend here, has just returned home from hospital after having Covid-19, she is originally from Haiti and is married to my friend's younger brother, her sons are best mates of my sons.

There are 21 people in our town that have the disease and personally I know one that survived and one that succumbed to it, and one that passed away because of the restrictions put up because of the disease.
Posted By: Timothy

Re: I personally know a guy who recovered from Covid-19 - 04/13/20 06:36 AM

My ex is a doctor, she got it and immediately used HCQ and Zinc. She didn't use a Z-pack though. She had a fever for 5.5 days and was okay after that. She's back at work. A buddy of mine in NJ got it, that family that like everyone but two died, he worked for them at their family restaurant on weekends. A church my parents help on the Navajo reservation got it and everyone there is struggling, either they are older or they have other underlying health issues. You don't want to deal with Indian Health, that church is really frustrated, because when it came out one had it, IHS told them they didn't have tests and couldn't do anything, so they received no help till 6 went to the hospital with serious issues.

Re: I personally know a guy who recovered from Covid-19 - 04/13/20 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Alicatt
Friend and neighbour, also sister in law of my best friend here, has just returned home from hospital after having Covid-19, she is originally from Haiti and is married to my friend's younger brother, her sons are best mates of my sons.

There are 21 people in our town that have the disease and personally I know one that survived and one that succumbed to it, and one that passed away because of the restrictions put up because of the disease.

The majority of the cases in our town comes from the church choir, including the one that passed away, and yes my friend's sis in law is an avid church goer, though not in the choir.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: I personally know a guy who recovered from Covid-19 - 04/13/20 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Alicatt

The majority of the cases in our town comes from the church choir, including the one that passed away, and yes my friend's sis in law is an avid church goer, though not in the choir.

There are a couple of well known/documented cases like this from the Washington state area. Since the virus is airborne, the act of singing causes a forceful expulsion of breath which enables the virus to essentially contaminate the entire room very quickly.

Re: I personally know a guy who recovered from Covid-19 - 04/13/20 04:12 PM

That's what the person from the local govt was saying too, with the time line they think they were exposed around the 22nd of March, our neighbour spent a little over 2 weeks in the hospital, she, like us, is in her 60s and she does have underlying health issues too, and is a cancer patient in remission.
Posted By: Haggart

Re: I personally know a guy who recovered from Covid-19 - 04/14/20 03:52 AM

My son is almost 26 and he survived it without going to the hospital. He had some fever, lost his sense of smell and had some pain breathing but his immune system beat the virus. He came home from Vermont and is with us now.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums