homepage

Honor Blackman, Pussy Galore to Sean Connery’s James Bond, Dies at 94

Posted By: NoFlyBoy

Honor Blackman, Pussy Galore to Sean Connery’s James Bond, Dies at 94 - 04/06/20 04:55 PM

One of the most iconic name for a movie character, ever!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-52189803

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/04/honor-blackman-obit

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Honor Blackman, Pussy Galore to Sean Connery’s James Bond, Dies at 94 - 04/06/20 04:56 PM

RIP

I was in shock when I found out that she was actually older than Sean Connery in "Goldfinger".

Anyway, 94 is a great run for anybody.

Re: Honor Blackman, Pussy Galore to Sean Connery’s James Bond, Dies at 94 - 04/06/20 05:00 PM

I didn't know she was still alive.
Posted By: MarkG

Re: Honor Blackman, Pussy Galore to Sean Connery’s James Bond, Dies at 94 - 04/06/20 05:56 PM

Been enjoying Sean Connery's Bond more than ever lately, but Roger Moore is still my favorite.

RIP, Honor Blackman (didn't remember her real name, gotta watch the Bond Girls documentary again in my 007 boxset).

Re: Honor Blackman, Pussy Galore to Sean Connery’s James Bond, Dies at 94 - 04/06/20 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by MarkG
Been enjoying Sean Connery's Bond more than ever lately, but Roger Moore is still my favorite.

There's no doubt that movie audiences have changed significantly over time because while Moore's "tongue in cheek" approach to Bond worked very well in the 70's and early 80's, it really wouldn't work at all now.
Posted By: MarkG

Re: Honor Blackman, Pussy Galore to Sean Connery’s James Bond, Dies at 94 - 04/06/20 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

There's no doubt that movie audiences have changed significantly over time because while Moore's "tongue in cheek" approach to Bond worked very well in the 70's and early 80's, it really wouldn't work at all now.

Oh, I know it. Wife and I have been watching really old movies lately (i.e. "Casablanca") with acting so unrealistically dramatic, but I understand it's just the time period.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Honor Blackman, Pussy Galore to Sean Connery’s James Bond, Dies at 94 - 04/06/20 06:17 PM

That's one woman who aged pretty well.

Re: Honor Blackman, Pussy Galore to Sean Connery’s James Bond, Dies at 94 - 04/06/20 06:25 PM

with acting so unrealistically dramatic, .

I've noticed this as well with many of the older "classic" films. I think it was mostly due to the fact that theater (stage) and film hadn't fully diverged yet so there were still many actors and directors who were in "theater" mode while shooting a film.
Posted By: KraziKanuK

Re: Honor Blackman, Pussy Galore to Sean Connery’s James Bond, Dies at 94 - 04/06/20 06:32 PM

She was one of those that made me walk with a limp in my younger days. RIP.
Posted By: No105_Archie

Re: Honor Blackman, Pussy Galore to Sean Connery’s James Bond, Dies at 94 - 04/06/20 08:35 PM

The original female associate of John Steed in the Avengers AFAIK RIP

Re: Honor Blackman, Pussy Galore to Sean Connery’s James Bond, Dies at 94 - 04/06/20 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by No105_Archie

Don't forget Julie Stevens character Venus Smith. She was in the second episode of series 2 while Honor Blackman character Cathy Gale was in the first episode of series 2. It's unfortunate that only two full episodes and a partial episode of series 1 survived.
Posted By: MrJelly

Re: Honor Blackman, Pussy Galore to Sean Connery’s James Bond, Dies at 94 - 04/07/20 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by No105_Archie

Oh that black leather wink
© 2024 SimHQ Forums