homepage

SARS-CoV-2: Bad News Wrapped in a Protein - Taking Apart the Pieces of the Virus

Posted By: Haggart

SARS-CoV-2: Bad News Wrapped in a Protein - Taking Apart the Pieces of the Virus - 04/05/20 10:08 AM

programmed to kill

[Linked Image]

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...in-protein.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab
Posted By: TerribleTwo

Re: SARS-CoV-2: Bad News Wrapped in a Protein - Taking Apart the Pieces of the Virus - 04/05/20 10:49 AM

So it's a bioweapon that got loose?

China will have no problem shutting down our country for good when they release one that is really serious.

Re: SARS-CoV-2: Bad News Wrapped in a Protein - Taking Apart the Pieces of the Virus - 04/05/20 11:41 AM

It's much more advanced then what man can currently create as nature has had millions of years of evolution to perfect it
Posted By: TerribleTwo

Re: SARS-CoV-2: Bad News Wrapped in a Protein - Taking Apart the Pieces of the Virus - 04/05/20 12:37 PM

I'm not 100% certain what man can rearrange and modify. But I am certain that there is a lab with the world's most dangerous viruses just down the street from where the outbreak originated.

https://www.nature.com/news/inside-...world-s-most-dangerous-pathogens-1.21487

Some scientists outside China worry about pathogens escaping, and the addition of a biological dimension to geopolitical tensions between China and other nations.

Say it ain't so...

And if I were China, I'd be keenly interested and keenly aware of how the world has locked down over a virus that ain't really all that dangerous.

Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: SARS-CoV-2: Bad News Wrapped in a Protein - Taking Apart the Pieces of the Virus - 04/05/20 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Haggart
It's much more advanced then what man can currently create as nature has had millions of years of evolution to perfect it

We don't create viruses, we use cellular machinery to create them based on the alterations we make to the RNA.

Re: SARS-CoV-2: Bad News Wrapped in a Protein - Taking Apart the Pieces of the Virus - 04/06/20 02:40 AM

yea we're making progress for sure
© 2024 SimHQ Forums