homepage

When the live song beats the studio version...

Posted By: Zamzow

When the live song beats the studio version... - 02/26/20 03:55 AM

Metallica still has it sometimes...
Posted By: EAF331 MadDog

Re: When the live song beats the studio version... - 02/26/20 05:24 AM

That's because their albums are so overproduced with the wall of noice that it's horrible.
Posted By: semmern

Re: When the live song beats the studio version... - 02/26/20 09:32 AM

And Roy beat them all. Look at Bruce Springsteen at the end. I bet he was thinking «#%&*$#, I’m a good singer, but THAT I can never beat.»

Posted By: letterboy1

Re: When the live song beats the studio version... - 02/26/20 12:15 PM

The best new music in a long long time. Excellent songwriter, excellent/musical bass player, wonderful soulful voice.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: When the live song beats the studio version... - 02/26/20 01:32 PM

I've only seen a few bands in the flesh but I reckon MUSE consistently perform better live.

Posted By: Bill_Grant

Re: When the live song beats the studio version... - 02/26/20 02:18 PM

Joe Bonamassa - As a Live performer he is amazing.

Posted By: No105_Archie

Re: When the live song beats the studio version... - 02/26/20 04:03 PM

Live version of Midnight Rambler by the Stones on Hot Rocks 64-71 recorded at Madison Sq Gardens in 1969. beats the heck out of the studio version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB5ez6_MjVI
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: When the live song beats the studio version... - 02/26/20 04:35 PM

Talking Heads' David Byrne in their live "Stop Making Sense" concert from 1984. If you don't believe me, check out his performance around 26:52:

The guy put everything into his shows, which were likely a release from his asperger's syndrome. So much talent.
Posted By: cichlidfan

Re: When the live song beats the studio version... - 02/27/20 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Talking Heads' David Byrne in their live "Stop Making Sense" concert from 1984. If you don't believe me, check out his performance around 26:52:

The guy put everything into his shows, which were likely a release from his asperger's syndrome. So much talent.

Seen them at least six times. They rock.
Posted By: cichlidfan

Re: When the live song beats the studio version... - 02/27/20 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by letterboy1
The best new music in a long long time. Excellent songwriter, excellent/musical bass player, wonderful soulful voice.

To each their own. I love her as Jeff Beck's bass player but as a singer? I will pass.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: When the live song beats the studio version... - 02/27/20 05:00 AM

I’ve always liked the live version of “Coming Up” by Paul McCartney over his studio version. The live version has much more energy to it.
Posted By: letterboy1

Re: When the live song beats the studio version... - 02/28/20 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I’ve always liked the live version of “Coming Up” by Paul McCartney over his studio version. The live version has much more energy to it.
Yes!
Posted By: MarkG

Re: When the live song beats the studio version... - 02/28/20 04:01 AM

Yes!

I have that song on two Paul McCartney CDs ("All The Best" and "Wingspan: Hits") and both are the live version, don't know if I've ever even heard the studio version.
Posted By: semmern

Re: When the live song beats the studio version... - 02/28/20 09:57 AM

This version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps from the tribute concert to George Harrison after his death, is way better than any studio recording of this song. Paul and Ringo on stage, as well as Dhani Harrison pretty much being a carbon copy of his father. And Eric Clapton making that Stratocaster cry, in the manner only he, David Gilmour and Mark Knopfler can:

Re: When the live song beats the studio version... - 02/28/20 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by MarkG
Yes!

I have that song on two Paul McCartney CDs ("All The Best" and "Wingspan: Hits") and both are the live version, don't know if I've ever even heard the studio version.

Here you go.

Posted By: MarkG

Re: When the live song beats the studio version... - 02/28/20 01:37 PM

Yeah, the live version is better! smile

Re: When the live song beats the studio version... - 02/28/20 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by semmern
This version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps from the tribute concert to George Harrison after his death, is way better than any studio recording of this song. Paul and Ringo on stage, as well as Dhani Harrison pretty much being a carbon copy of his father. And Eric Clapton making that Stratocaster cry, in the manner only he, David Gilmour and Mark Knopfler can:

What a great live performance and it’s sometimes scary how fast time passes. George has been gone now for 19 years.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums