homepage

Our current approaching storm

Posted By: Ajay

Our current approaching storm - 02/19/20 12:35 PM

Not my footage, but from our front yard it is the same and amazing

Storm

Re: Our current approaching storm - 02/19/20 01:21 PM

Couple of pics. First bunch are late arvo as the sun was setting at 6.45. My daughters a climber, always has been and as soon as the cat saw her on the roof he was up like a flash biggrin Even though at this stage the storm was way over near Brissy we could hear the thunder and spot a ton of lightning at the front of the storm.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now at 11 pm outside is just constant lightning, i nearly cannot take a pic without catching a flash. I stopped counting after forty lightning flashes across the sky in the first minute, crazy good. Makes War of the Worlds look second tier. The two little lights in this first pic were a twin engine jet heading towards Brissy airport.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Time for me to bail off the pc, looks like it's about to finally settle in on us, house is shaking and the animals are freaking..gotta love a good storm biggrin

Posted By: rwatson

Re: Our current approaching storm - 02/19/20 01:45 PM

Bloody heck Ajay you diggers are catching it ..between the fires and now the storms ..Stay safe M8
Posted By: Fittop

Re: Our current approaching storm - 02/19/20 02:42 PM

Hope you made it through with no damage.
Posted By: NoFlyBoy

Re: Our current approaching storm - 02/19/20 02:45 PM

Tha's scary. Hope everyone okay.
Posted By: vonBaur

Re: Our current approaching storm - 02/19/20 03:16 PM

Here in Missouri hellacious thunderstorms like that are a dime a dozen. If we don't have at least four to six in a Spring and Summer it's considered a quiet year. But that doesn't mean that each and every one isn't dangerous. Hoping you and yours are safe, Ajay.
Posted By: BD-123

Re: Our current approaching storm - 02/19/20 05:52 PM

" the house was shaking
The animals were quaking
My mind was aching
And we were making it and you
Shook me all night long"

Re: Our current approaching storm - 02/19/20 06:25 PM

I have experienced and survived tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, 500 years flood, none of it was fun. I guess the only thing on the natural disaster list I haven't come across is a volcanic explosion and a tsunami.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Our current approaching storm - 02/19/20 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
I have experienced and survived tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, 500 years flood, none of it was fun. I guess the only thing on the natural disaster list I haven't come across is a volcanic explosion and a tsunami.

Only hurricanes for me so far and I'm 47.

Re: Our current approaching storm - 02/19/20 06:54 PM

You are still young. Plenty of time to be part of a natural disaster.
Posted By: Ssnake

Re: Our current approaching storm - 02/19/20 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ajay
Not my footage, but from our front yard it is the same and amazing

Saw some of it on the way home yesterday evening in Gold Goast. "Worm signs" sprang immediately to mind, expecting the emergence of Shai Hulud.

Brisbane, eh?
Will go there on Sunday, for a week.

Re: Our current approaching storm - 02/19/20 11:42 PM

She skirted around us and we got but a few drops off the edge. Great light show. You get any of it Ssnake?
Posted By: Ssnake

Re: Our current approaching storm - 02/20/20 08:24 AM

Not really, no. Just a couple of flashes on the way back to the apartment.
Posted By: MarkG

Re: Our current approaching storm - 02/21/20 06:52 PM

As someone with a thing for inclement weather (especially severe lightning and thunder), those are some awesome pics, Ajay! thumbsup
© 2024 SimHQ Forums