homepage

Jedi: Fallen Order

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Jedi: Fallen Order - 12/25/19 11:44 PM

Has anyone played this yet? I’ve put about 6 hours into it so far and I’m thoroughly impressed by how good the story is and the combat is very well done. If you’ve ever played the Lord of the Rings games by Monolith like Shadow of Mordor then the combat mechanics will be very familiar to you. My only minor gripe is the lack of a mouse sensitivity setting.

The game takes place 5 years after “Order 66” was issued by Palpatine during “Revenge of the Sith”.
Posted By: archermav

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 12/26/19 09:32 AM

Got it on PS4, only a few hours in as DCS has taken over. It reminds me of the Uncharted series of games, only of course SW. Good game.
Posted By: Coot

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 12/27/19 05:04 AM

Its a game I'd really like to get. I've read good things about it. How does it play on PS4 archermav? Games like The Order: 1886, Uncharted 4, RDR2 and God of War have done a really good job of being optimized 30fps locked games. Not only an optimized 30fps but I think there use of motion blur all creates a consistent game play experience and overall smooth feel.

I still have yet to finish the Forced Unleashed games which I really enjoy.

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 12/27/19 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Coot
Its a game I'd really like to get. I've read good things about it.

The combat has a definite visceral feel to it and so far the story and cut scenes have added a lot to the immersion. This is a very rare example where a console game has ported over to the PC very well.
Posted By: archermav

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 12/27/19 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Coot
Its a game I'd really like to get. I've read good things about it. How does it play on PS4 archermav? Games like The Order: 1886, Uncharted 4, RDR2 and God of War have done a really good job of being optimized 30fps locked games. Not only an optimized 30fps but I think there use of motion blur all creates a consistent game play experience and overall smooth feel.

I still have yet to finish the Forced Unleashed games which I really enjoy.

As mentioned, only a few hours in. I've played those titles you listed and I can say that this one runs as smooth as those (I really didn't like GoW). So no technical issues from me.
Posted By: letterboy1

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 12/27/19 03:36 PM

I'm playing it on the Xbox and really enjoying it. I admit that the puzzle-solving can be a little frustrating for me at times, but the overall feel is very immersive. I like to hate that second sister! Also, new to my grab-bag of phrases - "Grab some seat." biggrin

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 12/27/19 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by letterboy1
I admit that the puzzle-solving can be a little frustrating for me at times,

That first planet you visit is essentially one big jumping puzzle. I died more from falling to my death than from fighting the local wildlife.
Posted By: BlueHeron

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 01/01/20 03:53 PM

You just killed it for me. I hate jumping puzzles.

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 01/02/20 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by BlueHeron
You just killed it for me. I hate jumping puzzles.

Yeah, I would say the game is a definite pass for you if you hate jumping puzzles. I'm now on the second planet in the game and it's also full of them.
Posted By: RSColonel_131st

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 01/02/20 12:44 PM

I understood it is a bit "Tomb Raider in Star Wars setting".

From the gameplay vids I saw, I didn't take to the characters. But it's supposed to be the best SP Jedi Game in a long time.

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 01/02/20 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st

From the gameplay vids I saw, I didn't take to the characters. But it's supposed to be the best SP Jedi Game in a long time.

I've put 15 hours into the game and I can corroborate all of what you said. It is very much like the Tomb Raider games in that you have the frequent jumping and swinging from a rope puzzles but the story so far is surprisingly very well written and interesting. In fact I'd say it is good enough to be made into a film! Where this game really shines though is with the combat. The lightsaber and Force mechanics are the best I've ever seen in any SW game.
Posted By: wormfood

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 01/02/20 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st

It helps that it's the only SP Jedi Game since the Force Unleashed 2, which came out in 2010. It's easy to be the best when you're the only game in town.
Posted By: RSColonel_131st

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 01/02/20 05:27 PM

^ True. I suppose the Battlefront titles didn't care a lot about SP.

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 01/02/20 05:37 PM

LOL It's funny how so few SW games came out relative to the number of movies. A complete reversal from when there was only the original trilogy.

How awesome a new X-Wing/Tie Fighter space combat sim would be with today's standards.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 01/02/20 08:21 PM

BlueHeron... there is XWVM in the works. Have you seen this?

https://www.moddb.com/mods/xwvm

Posted By: semmern

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 01/02/20 08:29 PM

This discussion made me think of Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. My favourite jedi game of all time. The story and gameplay were both great! Going to have to see if I can find it in my stack of all games smile
Posted By: wormfood

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 01/02/20 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by semmern
This discussion made me think of Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. My favourite jedi game of all time. The story and gameplay were both great! Going to have to see if I can find it in my stack of all games smile

That was back in 2003. It was also the last one prior to the Force Unleashed games.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 01/02/20 09:18 PM

I still want a new Empire at War game. There are tons of mods, some look really good, but it's not the same. Too often mods overcomplicate a great game.
It would be nice to see KOTOR get the Mass Effect treatment.
Otherwise, I want some non-Force centered games and not simple cockpit fighter games.

Fallen Order looks great visually, but just doesn't seem like much of a change from the Force Unleashed games, at least as far as action.

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 01/02/20 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman

Giggity! I forgot how cool those TIE fighters sound.

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 01/03/20 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite

Fallen Order looks great visually, but just doesn't seem like much of a change from the Force Unleashed games, at least as far as action.

I never played the Force Unleashed games but based on some Youtube game play videos I've seen I'd say your assessment is accurate.

I would absolutely love KOTOR getting the Mass Effect treatment and I would gladly pay $60 or more for my digital download copy. Of course that will never happen since EA is not interested in that approach for the SW gaming license.
Posted By: semmern

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 01/03/20 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

I would absolutely love KOTOR getting the Mass Effect treatment and I would gladly pay $60 or more for my digital download copy. Of course that will never happen since EA is not interested in that approach for the SW gaming license.

KOTOR, also known as «the game with a better story than any SW movie.»
I’d also pay good money for a remake.
Posted By: Timothy

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 01/04/20 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_XURopswY4[/video]

Tried to get back into TIE Fighter, just couldn't handle it.The stick/movement is just so bad. I forgot how hard fine tuning your aim is in that game.

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 01/22/20 11:41 AM

I have put 38 hours into the game so far and I have a lot more to do. This is a surprisingly LONG game.

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 02/22/20 08:13 PM

Well I finally finished the game. I’ll just say that the final encounter near the end of the game is really mind blowing.

I died a lot playing this game but it had a great story and the lightsaber combat was extremely well done.
Posted By: Coot

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 02/22/20 09:47 PM

I hope to start it here soon Panzer. Sounds like a good one.
Posted By: Nimits

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order - 02/23/20 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
I still want a new Empire at War game. There are tons of mods, some look really good, but it's not the same. Too often mods overcomplicate a great game.
It would be nice to see KOTOR get the Mass Effect treatment.
Otherwise, I want some non-Force centered games and not simple cockpit fighter games.

Must have missed something. What is this "Mass Effect" treatment you speak of?

And if it is some sort of remaster, yes, and update/remaster of both Empire at War and KOTOR would fill my gaming time for months ahead.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums