homepage

How to pi$$ off Londoners...

Posted By: Chucky

How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/17/19 12:16 PM

This thread may be PWEC bound,let's see how it goes smile
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/17/19 12:34 PM

Love the banter from the crowd.

I wonder if that's what it was like for German pilots who had to bail out over the UK and were captured by civilian crowds? biggrin
Posted By: No105_Archie

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/17/19 01:03 PM

Proper way to deal with the twits
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/17/19 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I wonder if that's what it was like for German pilots who had to bail out over the UK and were captured by civilian crowds? biggrin

That guys have luck "...one German pilot, Feldwebel Robert Zehbe... bailed out and landed near The Oval and was severely wounded by a civilian mob". He die next day.

BTW - Latter Zehbe pilot less Do-17 - leaved in autopilot when he bail out, was rammed by Ray Holmes Hurricane when was "about to bomb Buckingham Palace".
Posted By: Pooch

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/17/19 01:49 PM

Don't piss off the Brits. They have a long history of handing "twits" their asses. I was recently reading about the Celtic Queen, Boudica, who gave the Romans a hard time until the finally stopped her.
Posted By: Meatsheild

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/17/19 06:50 PM

wink

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/17/19 08:45 PM

Funny video meatshield. Seems like London is the UK equivalent of New York City. biggrin
Posted By: vonBaur

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/17/19 09:07 PM

I'd guess that if you hinder public transit like that in ANY major city, particularly during rush hour, you'd get treated the same way. Even in Canada. They'd probably just say something like, "You don't mind if I bash your head in, do you?"
Posted By: Chucky

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/17/19 09:07 PM

Thanks Meatshield,that was very funny hahaha
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/17/19 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by vonBaur
I'd guess that if you hinder public transit like that in ANY major city, particularly during rush hour, you'd get treated the same way. Even in Canada. They'd probably just say something like, "You don't mind if I bash your head in, do you?"

"Even in Canada." yep rofl
Posted By: KraziKanuK

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/17/19 11:22 PM

Lots of moaning and groaning about Ottawa's new LRT but no head bashing, yet.
Posted By: Pooch

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/18/19 12:24 AM

The thing is, public transportation HELPS the environment by reducing the number of cars on the road. It's a pretty stupid thing to protest against if you want to help the planet.
Posted By: Lieste

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/18/19 01:21 AM

Nah, all those big London buses get in the way and make it hard to drive to the protest.
Posted By: No105_Archie

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/18/19 02:49 AM

London, Toronto, New York ...I have never been in a big city that I liked or that was typical of the rest of the country.
Posted By: Mad Max

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/18/19 04:33 AM

Back in the eighties I used to think that a nuclear strike on our cities wouldn't be all bad. It would get rid of all the oxygen thieves. Of course now my youngest lives in Sydney I have changed my mind.
Posted By: Crane Hunter

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/18/19 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mad Max
Back in the eighties I used to think that a nuclear strike on our cities wouldn't be all bad. It would get rid of all the oxygen thieves. Of course now my youngest lives in Sydney I have changed my mind.

You all of all people should know that nuking all the cities STILL won't suffice to clear out all the riff-raff!

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/18/19 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Pooch
The thing is, public transportation HELPS the environment by reducing the number of cars on the road. It's a pretty stupid thing to protest against if you want to help the planet.

The people are complaining it cost too much, the trips take longer than the bus and is buggy, that is there are problems with the operation of the system..
Posted By: BD-123

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/18/19 09:09 AM

Disrupt the the Public Transport that you wish to encourage people to use instead of cars.....where's the logic in that?
My youngest daughter was an hour late for work due to the ripple effect, though she left half an hour earlier in anticipation of delays. As she works in a busy Accident and Emergency department of a large London hospital, as she is Psychiatric Liaison practitioner, her presence perhaps was not as crucial as a trauma nurse or doctor, but even so caused distress to patients and tired and stressed staff who had had a long and tough night shift who were obligated to remain until the next shift arrived. This scenario would of been echoed in many a vital service.

It's a strange protest this; not the usual anarchist rent-a-crowd but predominantly white liberal-left middle & high earners, evident by the high proportion of man-buns seen in the footage. A few months ago seen clutching their disposable water bottles and inevitable coffee cups on the streets & Tube.

As to the clip posted by Meatshield, When we took the dogs up to London for the first time to see Jenny when she was studying, she was pleasantly surprised, exclaiming 'look, people are looking and smiling!". Without the medium of dogs, how would I, a white country dwelling old curmudgeon spent a pleasant time in friendly discourse with an inner city black Rasta?
Posted By: McGonigle

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/18/19 07:32 PM

Disrupting the public transport which runs on electricity and thus the most energy efficient mode of transport just shows these people have very little in the ways of brains and are more concerned with vandalism and creating riots than anything else. They have now discredited themselves thoroughly and completely. I salute the Londoners who would not let these "people" disrupt their day. Well done!
Posted By: semmern

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/19/19 12:58 PM

Another one of those morons actually glued himself to a British Airways plane the other day to prevent it taking off!

As for northerners, I always found this hilarious:

Re: How to pi$$ off Londoners... - 10/19/19 01:22 PM

Semmern, is that the guy that found out he was afraid of heights after doing so?
© 2024 SimHQ Forums