homepage

Some good old movies are awful

Posted By: 462cid

Some good old movies are awful - 09/10/19 10:05 PM

I am sitting through (trying to sit through) the Richard Burton film Raid on Rommel.

There is a certain affection I have for bad WWII movies. But this film makes Where Eagles Dare look like a documentary.

This movie is a dog. Woof.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Some good old movies are awful - 09/10/19 10:35 PM

It just goes to show that even phenomenal actors like Burton had to occasionally take acting roles strictly to pay the bills. smile

Re: Some good old movies are awful - 09/10/19 10:38 PM

I forgot to mention “Midway” from 1976. It was a film so terrible that not even an all star cast could save it.
Posted By: rwatson

Re: Some good old movies are awful - 09/10/19 10:42 PM

I'll mention Valkrye Really bad

Re: Some good old movies are awful - 09/10/19 10:42 PM

Posted By: Ajay

Re: Some good old movies are awful - 09/11/19 12:32 AM

I sat through the 1956 Helen of Troy not so long ago, i don't know why i feel the need to subject myself to such pain.
Posted By: KraziKanuK

Re: Some good old movies are awful - 09/11/19 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I forgot to mention “Midway” from 1976. It was a film so terrible that not even an all star cast could save it.

I thought it was pretty good when I seen it in the theater. I watch it again years later when I wasn't stoned, uugghh.
Posted By: carrick58

Re: Some good old movies are awful - 09/11/19 01:49 AM

Inst that the truth However, I saw on TV and was sober.

Re: Some good old movies are awful - 09/11/19 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by rwatson

I assume you are talking about the film starring Tom Cruise as von Stauffenberg? What did you find so bad about it?
Posted By: bones

Re: Some good old movies are awful - 09/11/19 12:53 PM

I saw it in the theatre as a kid and loved it. I still don;t have a problem with it. Maybe because it was a nice childhood memory.

v6,
boNes

Re: Some good old movies are awful - 09/11/19 01:22 PM

Just thought it was poorley acted over all..But then beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Re: Some good old movies are awful - 09/11/19 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by bones

I saw it in the theatre as a kid and loved it. I still don;t have a problem with it. Maybe because it was a nice childhood memory.

v6,
boNes

Wow bones, are you older than me? I always thought you were younger. smile

I was 4 years old in 1976 so a movie like Midway would have been totally over my head.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums