homepage

The Mandalorian (Caution: Spoilers)

Posted By: Chaz

The Mandalorian (Caution: Spoilers) - 08/24/19 04:36 AM

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC8E8z_ifw[/video]

Edit: Hmm forum video brackets no workie.

Direct link: https://youtu.be/aOC8E8z_ifw
Posted By: EAF331 MadDog

Re: The Mandalorian - 08/24/19 06:01 AM

SQUEEEEALLLLLLL

Gimme gimme gimme

of course, no launch date for Disney+ in Norway frown frown frown
Posted By: letterboy1

Re: The Mandalorian - 08/24/19 10:23 AM

Anybody remember this song/video somebody made using Star Wars Galaxies in-game sequences? I wish they would use this song in the series. By the way, the actual song starts at 1:16.

Re: The Mandalorian - 08/24/19 10:24 AM

Hmmm, I'm not seeing the YouTube media tag, so here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aqSp7Qji-M
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: The Mandalorian - 08/24/19 12:29 PM

Streaming on "Disney+"

I guess it will be a while before I ever see it.
Posted By: Tom_Weiss

Re: The Mandalorian - 08/24/19 02:31 PM

looks like it was done in the style of Rogue One, if it is, great news !!!
Posted By: Ajay

Re: The Mandalorian - 08/24/19 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by F4UDash4
Streaming on "Disney+"

Yarrrr me matey!

Re: The Mandalorian - 08/24/19 03:18 PM

Streaming on "Disney+"

Linear TV is about dead.

Streaming services is the forseeable future.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: The Mandalorian - 08/24/19 03:21 PM

Meh, trailer looks cliche and boring.

Re: The Mandalorian - 08/24/19 03:30 PM

Werner Herzog is in the cast - amazing, really amazing ... can't imagine how they managed to get him to do that, surely a sign that this will be something good.

and there is Pedro Pascal - I hope we get to see him without the helmet.
Posted By: Crane Hunter

Re: The Mandalorian - 08/24/19 06:37 PM

Boba Wick.

Re: The Mandalorian - 08/24/19 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by EAF331 MadDog
Streaming on "Disney+"

Linear TV is about dead.

Streaming services is the forseeable future.

Yeah, and that sucks.

I already pay for Amazon and Netflix. I won't add on top of that Hulu, ABC, CBS, NBC, Disney and Lord knows how many more that may decide to go this way.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: The Mandalorian - 08/24/19 08:35 PM

Why choose? We sub to Netflix all year, but for CBS, Amazon, HBO, Hulu, DC and upcoming Disney, we just do one a month. Binge, move on to the next.

Re: The Mandalorian - 08/25/19 02:26 PM

Between The Mandalorian, the Obi-Wan series and Cassian Andor series, Disney+ is a no brainer for me. (Not to mention the revival of The Clone Wars)

[Linked Image]

Posted By: goon

Re: The Mandalorian - 08/25/19 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ajay
Streaming on "Disney+"

Yarrrr me matey!

You naughty boy!

Re: The Mandalorian - 08/25/19 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Chaz
Between The Mandalorian, the Obi-Wan series and Cassian Andor series, Disney+ is a no brainer for me. (Not to mention the revival of The Clone Wars)

True! I disregarded Clone Wars forever, due to being animated and not crazy about the art style to boot. I finally got bored enough that I watched it. I loved it! One of the best SW offerings and the space battle scenes were really good looking. I want to see Rebels(?) now, but it isn’t on any streaming platforms w/o buying it. I wish they’d get the service out there faster.

Re: The Mandalorian - 08/26/19 04:52 AM

Never watched must of Clone Wars, mostly because it's set in a period I dislike, and features characters I dislike (Jedi Anakin).

It might be great, but Lucas ruined both of those for me with his horrible prequel trilogy.

Rebels on the other hand is awesome! biggrin
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: The Mandalorian - 08/26/19 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by EAF331 MadDog

Linear TV is about dead.

About the only types of shows that haven't suffered on network tv are sporting events and reality shows.

Sitcoms, news and dramas have all experienced big drops in viewership numbers.

Re: The Mandalorian - 10/29/19 02:10 AM

Posted By: NoFlyBoy

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/13/19 03:26 AM

Just watched the first episode

I am not impressed and not wanting to SPOIL it, but the ending of the first episode was a WTF moment for me!!

They couldn't come up with something new?

This is the first Star Wars series I've seen outside of the 10 theatrical films.

There are 3 other Star Wars TV series before The Mandalorian and I have never watch a single episode of them.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/13/19 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy

I am not impressed and not wanting to SPOIL it, but the ending of the first episode was a WTF moment for me!!

This is the first Star Wars series I've seen outside of the 10 theatrical films.

There are 3 other Star Wars TV series before The Mandalorian and I have never watch a single episode of them.

That ending could lead to unraveling one of the bigger mysteries in the Star Wars universe. reading Lets give it some time. It's only 1 epsiode. So far it has that Rogue One cinematic tone. which did very well.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/13/19 03:43 AM

Rogue One was good.

Han Solo story was blah to me.

Episode 1, 2, 3 7 and 8 were also blah to me.

Maybe Episode 9 will be great.

It has to be.

It's the final chapter in the Skywalker saga.
Posted By: Master

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/13/19 04:13 PM

Considering the history in starwars from the first 3 episode movies as well as the thrown out canon from the books... yea that was a huge WTF

Considering the history in starwars from the first 3 episode movies as well as the thrown out canon from the books... yea that was a huge WTF. This supposedly takes place 5-10 years after Return of the Jedi. VERY VERY MINOR SPOILER THAT WAS ALSO SHOWN IN THE TRAILER AHEAD

I also didnt much care for the portable carbonite chamber. Remember that the carbonite chamber in Empire Strikes Back was the size of a football stadium.

With that said, my wife and I enjoyed it. I have to constantly step back with these new Disney releases and tell myself the Star Wars from my youth is dead and this is disney living inside the hollowed out carcass. Its not ever going to be the same canonically and thematically. The mouse doesnt care about preserving the history of the thing. They just care about money and it wasnt bad as a series opener as long as you are not attached to the pre disney StarWars canon.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/13/19 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Master

They just care about money

Apparently the same goes for George Lucas since he sold Lucasfilm for 4 billion!

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/13/19 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

They just care about money

Apparently the same goes for George Lucas since he sold Lucasfilm for 4 billion!

Must be freaking nice!

Yet he is still working and directing and producing.

If I made 4 billion in one swoop, I would had quit working.

He is worth 6 billion so I presume he was already worth 2 billion before he sold Lucasfilm.

Look at Spielberg.

He is worth 3.6 billion and nothing is stopping him except death.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000229/

Where does he find the time?

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/13/19 05:45 PM

And here we go again with the Han Solo shoot first and not shoot first scene.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/12...n-solo-greedo-new-hope-edit-george-lucas

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/13/19 07:32 PM

My wife and I looked at the original trillogy on disney+ last night and noted that they are the edited rerelease versions. I dont think disney cares enough to post all the different cut version of those movies so they just went with the highest quality / most recent version.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/13/19 07:54 PM

Lucas has messed around with the original trilogy so many times especially with Star Wars,

I heard that an untouched copy of their original theatrical print no longer exist or even if they do, they will never see the light of day,

because Lucas won't let them.

I seen the so called DESPECIALIZED EDITION of the original trilogy but even I think they are still not 100% original.

I seen all 3 original trilogy countless of times in the theaters and then on VHS to pretty much remember them frame by frame.
Posted By: DM

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/14/19 08:01 AM

I'm lucky enough to own an old Star Wars laserdisc, original cut. Not A New Hope, just Star Wars smile

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/14/19 10:34 AM

I watched the first episode yesterday,

visually very good, the story was OK, good soundtrack.

having Pedro Pascal in a Star Wars series is a treat, it is a pity he was not in episode 1, I hope he eventually shows up.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/14/19 11:30 AM

Never in a million years would I have thought the director of such artsy movies like "Fitzcarraldo" and "Aguirre: Wrath of God" would end up playing a role in a Disney Star Wars streaming series.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/14/19 11:43 AM

obviously smile Werner Herzog is a Star Wars fan ...

Disney is well on its sway to smother Star Wars.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/14/19 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Tom_Weiss
obviously smile Werner Herzog is a Star Wars fan ...

Disney is well on its sway to smother Star Wars.

It's too bad Klaus Kinski isn't still alive because he would have made a great SW villain!

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/14/19 01:05 PM

he would !

this Friday comes the next one - lets hope the helmet comes off and we more of the actors and less CGI.

and hopefully more of Gustavo Fring ... I mean, Giancarlo Esposito.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/14/19 01:44 PM

Disney should just release the whole series at once like Amazon and Netflix does with many of their streaming series.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/14/19 01:55 PM

Disney should just release the whole series at once like Amazon and Netflix does with many of their streaming series.

Disney is too smart for that. They don't want the "sign up, watch show, cancel subscription" consumers that have been so prevalent with HBO and some of the streaming services.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/14/19 05:10 PM

he would !

this Friday comes the next one - lets hope the helmet comes off and we more of the actors and less CGI.

and hopefully more of Gustavo Fring ... I mean, Giancarlo Esposito.

No, he should leave the helmet on for almost the whole series. If they include a sex scene he does it wearing the helmet. He's a Mandalorian!

I was actually impressed with the amount of actors / props they used vs CGI. They did still have some CGI in there and they overlayed some CGI on some of the prosthetic prop actors but overall it felt more like the original trillogy than either the new set or ep1-3 did. I am actually impressed sofar with the way they are doing it.

Also, again, helmet stays on!
Posted By: JimK

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/15/19 12:18 AM

Signed up for the week trail with Disney+ . Watched the first and thought it was ok. Ending Surprise has me waiting tomorrow nights show. Then cancel Disney+.
Looked at the inventory of shows and we own just about 85% of the shows they have listed on Itunes already. No thanks. Will wait for a BR release in the future.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/15/19 12:57 AM

Disney listing on iTunes?

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/15/19 04:50 AM

Disney listing on iTunes?

Yes, its an app for my 4k Apple TV and my Ipads. Not paying anymore. Not worth it when you already have it.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/16/19 01:09 AM

Just watch episode 2. It's a little bit better but I still won't give it 1 stars yet. Maybe I will force myself to sit through episode 3 next Friday.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/16/19 01:40 AM

Downloaded both episodes on my Ipad and then canceled. Next episode was far better.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/16/19 02:06 PM

Ep 2: F#$%*![g Jawas boom

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/16/19 02:58 PM

THAT was friggin awesome. LOL
This show is going well. I need to look up the release schedule. Continuing every few days would be a lot better than the weekly I expect it really is.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/16/19 03:32 PM

It will be weekly on Friday from now on to end of December.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/16/19 04:59 PM

Argh! However, I'm already tempted to watch these two again.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/22/19 04:57 PM

Episode 3 is available on Disney now.

One thing about these Mandalorian episodes with Disney.

When they say Friday, it's Friday.

When that clock strikes morning, the start of a business day, 8-9 am, the episode is online.

It's not like episodes of other series on the other TV and Cable channels, when they say the next new episode is on Friday,

you have to wait until primetime your local time: 7 pm, 8 pm, 9 pm, 10 pm before you can see it.

Even with that, it may be subject to broadcast delay:

some sports event before it ran too long or some big breaking news took over the entire broadcast day or sometimes it just doesn't get broadcast as scheduled with no explanation whatsoever given and also with no information on when it will be broadcast.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/22/19 05:05 PM

When that clock strikes morning, the start of a business day, the episode is online.

It's not like episodes of other series on the other TV and Cable channels, when they say the next new episode is on Friday,

you have to wait until primetime your local time: 7 pm, 8 pm, 9 pm, 10 pm before you can see it.

Even with that, it may be subject to broadcast delay:

Um, well yeah that should be self-evident! That's an advantage streaming has over broadcast TV/cable. When you stream you are not beholden to any specific time slot.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/22/19 05:13 PM

CBS has the new Star Trek series on streaming only but you still have to wait until prime time.

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/22/19 06:43 PM

CBS has the new Star Trek series on streaming only but you still have to wait until prime time.

What?

Re: The Mandalorian - 11/29/19 09:30 PM

Contains SPOILERS if you haven't seen the show.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

So what species is the child and are there more like it in the galaxy far far away?

Also is it born possessing the power of the force?

In one of the episode so far it used the force.

For it the force is like us having the sense of smell and sight and hearing.

I just finish watching episode 4.

That's the 2nd time the same thing has happen.

Has not occurred to the Mandalorian to check the kid?

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/01/19 03:01 PM

Contains SPOILERS if you haven't seen the show.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

So what species is the child and are there more like it in the galaxy far far away?

Also is it born possessing the power of the force?

In one of the episode so far it used the force.

For it the force is like us having the sense of smell and sight and hearing.

I just finish watching episode 4.

That's the 2nd time the same thing has happen.

Has not occurred to the Mandalorian to check the kid?

The species has never been known. Yaddle is the only other known Yoda like species to have existed in the Star Wars universe and that was only in Episode 1. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8FaS6nZ_AI )

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/01/19 05:07 PM

I've watched Episode 1 several times and I never noticed there was another Yoda species in those scenes.

Maybe this child is from Yoda and Yaddle?

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/01/19 07:17 PM

I have a minor gripe over a non-crucial point (as usual) - tracking "fobs?" Fobs. really? They couldn't make it sound more Star Warsey? I would have settled for "tracking device." Now, whenever I see it I expect the Mandalorian to unlock his spaceship with it while you hear that little beep or car horn. Okay, gripe over. biggrin

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/01/19 08:54 PM

I've watched Episode 1 several times and I never noticed there was another Yoda species in those scenes.

Maybe this child is from Yoda and Yaddle?

In the books, which are not cannon anymore, Yaddle went on the record as saying basically, "not even if we are the last two and we are the last two."

With that said, the galaxy is a huge place and there might be more "yodas". Disney can basically do whatever the way now. They've already done a few things that contradict their own cannon so who knows.

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/01/19 09:36 PM

Disney ruins everything!

Next on their agenda:

the Indiana Jones franchise.

It was part of Lucasfilm when they bought Lucasfilm.

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/01/19 10:17 PM

Saw a theory online:

I think it's a good theory that this is a Yoda clone.
The scientist guy in the first episode that was there when he took the mission had an insignia on his uniform like that of the cloners. They had incomplete info and didn't handle the job as normal. Could be this was an interception, they just knew where he'd be.
The question would then be who it is that's after him so bad, the cloners to have him returned or maybe some others the guy made an alliance with. Remember the IG88 (or whatever he was) was on the mission to straight up kill him.
I'd have to watch the first one again, but it SEEMS like even those that gave him the mission just said that alive was PREFERABLE. Maybe they just needed his DNA to make more clones? Or for other purposes leading to the movie this month?

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/02/19 12:31 AM

to quote Master Yogurt in Spaceballs : it is all about merchandising biggrin

the Mandalorian still can't decide what its target audience is.

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/02/19 04:29 AM

the Mandalorian still can't decide what its target audience is.

The same audience which bought tickets to see Episode VII and VIII. This is Disney so no rated R stuff regardless of format.

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/02/19 11:24 AM

at first I thought that 30 minutes or so was too short for an episode but the last episode was 30 minutes too long.

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

The same audience which bought tickets to see Episode VII and VIII. This is Disney so no rated R stuff regardless of format.

true - the Mandalorian is no Clint Eastwood western.

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/05/19 07:51 PM

Someone going to buy these Baby Yoda toys (limit 1 per customer but someone will find a way around it) and then sell them on EBay for $1000 each and some suckers will pay the $1000 for them.

NOT available until April 2020 but

I wouldn't be surprised if folks will find a way around the EBay rules (whatever they are, I never listed anything on EBay) and put them up on sale now.

https://www.shopdisney.com/franchises/star-wars/

EDIT:

On EBAY: YUP! People selling it already and it won't be available until next year.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Mandalorian-The-Child-Baby-LIMITED-Yoda-Plush-Doll-2020-PRE-ORDER/114000025275?hash=item1a8aee56bb:g:7s8AAOSw7xZd5uat

Also 3D printer version, not official Disney merchandise

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Mandalorian-The-Child-Baby-Yoda-Plush-Doll-Prop-Tailor-AVAILABLE-NOW/153750435596?hash=item23cc3d770c:g:CboAAOSw0NZd5qpQ

That seller will get a visit from a mob of Disney's and Lucasfilm's lawyers.
Posted By: Herman

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/05/19 07:57 PM

On EBAY: YUP! People selling it already and it won't be available until next year.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Mandalorian-The-Child-Baby-LIMITED-Yoda-Plush-Doll-2020-PRE-ORDER/114000025275?hash=item1a8aee56bb:g:7s8AAOSw7xZd5uat

It's only PRE-order. I think that is perfectly legitimate. They only promise to buy (and re-sell to you) after the doll is officially released.

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/05/19 08:26 PM

sad to see Star Wars being well on its way to end up like Daffy Duck vs Bugs Bunny.

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/05/19 08:27 PM

But if I win that bid for the pre-order and comes next April, can I change my mind?

Do they take my $ now if I win that bid or is the money not taken from me until the item is actually shipped next year.

I don't ever go on EBay.

Never bought anything or sold anything there.

I hardly ever buy anything online.

I want to see the item, touch it, examine it, before I buy it.

If it's something I see in the stores that I want, I go online and I look for a better price.

Other than that, I don't buy online.

Also it's easier to return something to the store if it's wrong size, defective, broken or turn out it's not what I wanted and get the money back immediately in cash or credit back to my credit card than to return it to the online seller.

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/06/19 12:07 AM

sad to see Star Wars being well on its way to end up like Daffy Duck vs Bugs Bunny.

Daffy and Bugs didn't blast Jawas like they were bottles on a fence. LOL
SW has always had a lot of merchandising, nothing new.

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/06/19 12:35 AM

sure did - Mandalorian started well but now is meant for kids aged 6 to 12.

so that small kids can watch it, the episodes are not telling a story that will end in the 8th episode but instead, were made in a way that you can watch it in any sequence and it still makes sense .

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/08/19 06:45 AM

This week's episode was boring to me.

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/08/19 11:06 AM

haven't watched it yet - maybe tonight if I have nothing better to watch.

I was re-watching GOT S4 yesterday where Pedro Pascal is, in Mandalorian it is a pity we never get to see him act only his voice.

One of the huge mistakes in this series was to have him never remove his costume (for no reason : when he is alone how does he shave ? ) this way he became a cardboard cutout action figure that can be sold as merchandize, maybe at some point he will.

Giancarlo Esposito is in only 1 episode and Werner Herzog only in the first ones , so not much to look forward to.

and there is a 2nd season ... more baby-Yoda-sitting.

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/08/19 06:30 PM

He said he hasn’t removed his helmet *in front of anyone*, not “at all”.
I suspect the end will have him having to go into hiding *by* removing his helmet and leaving his Mandolorian identity behind, whereupon we’ll see him. I think he’s done a fine job regardless, but surely they used him and not just a stunt man and voice actor for a reason.
I’ve enjoyed every week, but I do wish it wasn’t quite so episodic.

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/08/19 06:53 PM

He removed the helmet in episode 4 to eat.

There were children playing a few feet away who would had seen his face if they looked in his direction.

Attached picture Screenshot 1.png
Attached picture Screenshot 2.png
Attached picture Screenshot 3.png

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/08/19 08:12 PM

Yea, I thought that was kind of stupid myself. They make this huge point of no one seeing him without his helmet and then he basically shows everyone his face. The whole writing of this series is pretty lazy IMO. I still like it but wish we had a serious series that had good writing. This is like a tease because some of it is so good and then the rest is cringe bad writing.

Like the guy breaks the tracking fob and tells him he memorized it... like... what? the tracking fobs were already pretty lazy but its just a beeping box showing you the direction and closeness of the target... how are you going to memorize that... ffs..

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/08/19 09:07 PM

I had the same reaction. That FOB is not like a phone screen with turn by turn direction. Even a Waze or Google Map direction page is not easy to memorize when you are traveling such a long distance.

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/08/19 09:11 PM

He removed the helmet in episode 4 to eat.

There were children playing a few feet away who would had seen his face if they looked in his direction.

I missed it when I started to fast forward

Yea, I thought that was kind of stupid myself. They make this huge point of no one seeing him without his helmet and then he basically shows everyone his face. The whole writing of this series is pretty lazy IMO. I still like it but wish we had a serious series that had good writing. This is like a tease because some of it is so good and then the rest is cringe bad writing.

Like the guy breaks the tracking fob and tells him he memorized it... like... what? the tracking fobs were already pretty lazy but its just a beeping box showing you the direction and closeness of the target... how are you going to memorize that... ffs..

lazy and done by a committee.

when I saw the trailer

https://youtu.be/aOC8E8z_ifw

I thought this was going to be a Rogue One style series, done for adults.

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/08/19 10:43 PM

I thought this was going to be a Rogue One style series, done for adults.

Different writers, different director and just simply a different creative team in general. I'm not surprised that the tone of the Mandalorian is very different from Rogue One.

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/09/19 12:15 AM

absolutely true - it feels like watching Ghostbusters and Alien.

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/13/19 08:51 PM

Today's episode is great and with a longer 37 1/2 minutes running time, not counting ending credits.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/13/19 10:37 PM

It was very good.

I love Bill Burr,I was surprised to see him in it. Also Richard Ayoade (he was playing Zero).

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/17/19 11:47 PM

Episode 7 will be available tonight after midnight Pacific time instead of the usual Friday release day because of Star Wars Episode 9 hitting theaters on Friday.

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/18/19 10:57 PM

Just watched Episode 7.

Bloody Disney!

They can't do that to us!

Re: The Mandalorian - 12/27/19 09:53 AM

I just watch Episode 8 which is also the Season 1 finale.

You can't end it like that.

Now we have to wait for Season 2 which supposedly will be out sometimes next year, no idea when:

mid year? Late year?
Posted By: Timothy

Re: The Mandalorian - 01/04/20 07:15 AM

I enjoyed it. Not enough to buy Disney+, but enough to watch it with a friend who has the subscription from his ex-girlfriend's 3rd cousin.

Re: The Mandalorian - 01/04/20 07:05 PM

I just canceled my subscription until new episodes come out again. As far as I was concerned, I subscribed to The Mandalorian.
Posted By: TerribleTwo

Re: The Mandalorian - 01/05/20 03:48 PM

I'm still stoked that Boba Fett was in mandalorian.

Season 2 will be epic duel:

Mando: You're no mandolorian.

Fett: And you're no bounty hunter.
Posted By: bones

Re: The Mandalorian - 01/06/20 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by letterboy1
I just canceled my subscription until new episodes come out again. As far as I was concerned, I subscribed to The Mandalorian.

I just did the same thing, today, haha.

So was Fett the one that rescued Mando as a kid? I thought so but then the other Mandalorians that had jetpacks all looked like him too and had the same sigil.

v6,
boNes
Posted By: TerribleTwo

Re: The Mandalorian - 01/06/20 03:48 PM

It's surmised that Fett was the one who walked up to the dead assassin at the end of Episode 5. There's a few clues that support it:

1) The "jangling" sound of "spurs" each time he steps. The sound is heard in Mandolorian and in Empire Strikes Back when Vader captures Han Solo at the dinner table. When Fett walks in the room, the same jangling sound is heard.

2) The sound of Fett's radar, subtle beeping sound. Again heard as the mysterious figure walks up to the assassin, and in the extra scene added when Han Solo is confronted by Jabba the Hutt outside of the bar. The same beeping tone can be heard with Fett in the picture.

A couple other minor similarities:

3) The same cape is worn by the mystery person as worn by Mandolorians. Fett also wore a cape but shorter and smaller.

4) Both characters wear leg holsters.

5) Same type of boots.

6) The scene also appears to take place on the same planet where Fett allegedly died. It's only 5 years after the end of Return of the Jedi, and it reasonable to believe Fett would be in the same area.

7) It's also very likely that Fett, one of the best bounty hunters in the universe, would be intrigued at the thought of tracking such a high priority target. Huge bounty always brings out the best.

I guess you'd have to suggest that Fett escaped the mouth of the sarlacc pit. I think that's reasonable and can be easily explained. How hard would it be for a mandolorian to escape?

Anyway, this is hopeful, it seems all the pieces fit together nicely.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums