homepage

Really great end credit sequences

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Really great end credit sequences - 08/07/19 12:08 PM

Are there any end credit sequences from movies that really stand out to you?

Here are three of my absolute favorites:

Who knew Tom Cruise could dance like this? biggrin

A great send-off from a classic comedy.

Love the song and the send-off to all of the major characters:

Posted By: Ajay

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/07/19 12:40 PM

The after credits ending of The Grey. I didn't even know about it until my second watching many months later. I wont spoil it in case sone people have not seen it yet.
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/07/19 02:30 PM

Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/07/19 02:42 PM

Many 80s movies had colorful end credits, such as Wild Thing:

Dune is one of the most memorable.
Posted By: Mark Aisthorpe

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/07/19 03:17 PM

Not the end credits but the opening credits for Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
You'll have to read them I'm afraid but there worth it. Oh and epilepsy warning for the end bit.

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/07/19 03:24 PM

Actually, The Holy Grail has some of the most unique end credits ever.

*Spoiler alert* (As if this movie needs one. If you have never seen "The Holy Grail", be ashamed.)

Posted By: vonBaur

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/07/19 04:27 PM

My favorite of all time:
Posted By: David Kennard

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/07/19 05:29 PM

one of the best opening credit scenes also

Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/07/19 06:53 PM

^ Awesome ! I have never seen that movie. I have to now, especially knowing it has Benny Hill in it.
Posted By: Coot

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/07/19 07:59 PM

Ajay, are you talking about the movie with Liam Neeson as a survivor of plane crash in a snowy wilderness? I've seen tat movie but I don't think I know anything about end credits. I just remember it leaving off with a sort of ambiguous ending as to his fate.

One I can think of right now is from a computer game. After finishing Witcher 2, if you are patient and wait through probably what feels like a half hour of credits, you get a nice cut scene that speaks to the approaching Nilfgaardian army that is referenced throughout the game. Its a scene that shows you the invading foreign army that has already arrived by the time of Witcher 3 and reflects just how that massive army got there when you see their huge camp in the south of Velen in Witcher 3.
Posted By: Force10

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/07/19 10:14 PM

I never really saw this movie...just the last half our or so....but these ending credits with them all old and the explosions cracked me up! Worth a watch if you haven't seen it!

Jackass (the first one)

Posted By: bones

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/08/19 09:05 AM

Of course Ferris Bueller and its Deadpool parody!

v6,
boNes
Posted By: bones

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/08/19 09:07 AM

Also how about Seven where the credits scroll upwards or Superman II where the credits cascade toward you in 3d?

v6,
boNes
Posted By: Patrocles

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/08/19 12:57 PM

I guess I get real kick out of films when the cast does a meta and comes together at the end that put a smile on my face (in both scenes even characters who perished in the film are present)

I finally watched the cult film Buckaroo Banzai a couple of years ago (the robocop guy! young Jeff Goldblum! John Lithgow!). I remember frantically searching for the sequel listed in the end credits that never was "Buckaroo Banzai Against the World Crime League"

I also enjoy Wes Anderon's works and especially the ending to The Life Aquatic with the rockin' David Bowie Queen B1tch song

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/08/19 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Patrocles

I also enjoy Wes Anderon's works

Grand Budapest Hotel is my favorite film from him.
Posted By: DaBBQ

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/08/19 05:44 PM

Deadpool was funny with the animated Deadpool and the Zuckerman movies with the gags in the credits.

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/08/19 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by Patrocles

I also enjoy Wes Anderon's works

Grand Budapest Hotel is my favorite film from him.

The Darjeeling Limited is also pretty good. Wes Anderson basically learned most of what he knows by adapting the directing style of "Harold and Maude" into different stories.
Posted By: Ajay

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/09/19 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Coot
Ajay, are you talking about the movie with Liam Neeson as a survivor of plane crash in a snowy wilderness? I've seen tat movie but I don't think I know anything about end credits. I just remember it leaving off with a sort of ambiguous ending as to his fate.

Yep. It was the first movie my daughter watched with me that she called a grown up movie smile The after credit ending scene completes the movie.
Posted By: 24_Fan

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/09/19 12:39 AM

F-14 trumps all
Posted By: Coot

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/10/19 08:08 AM

I hope they work in some Righteous Brothers into Maverick!
Posted By: letterboy1

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/10/19 10:54 AM

That Toto tune at the end of Dune is easily my favorite credit sequence. In fact, Panzermeyer's post is making me want to watch the movie tonight. Dang, it actually made me a little nostalgic for the early 80s when I saw Dune in a theater here in Columbus (which no longer exists).
Posted By: 33lima

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/10/19 12:04 PM

Mine, by a very long way...

So much so that I was delighted recently to be able visit and photograph the real location, Bentley Priory now being a museum, where not only Sir Larry, but also the real AM HCT Dowding, had stood...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: CarstenB

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/10/19 08:33 PM

Schindler's List

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/10/19 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Coot
I hope they work in some Righteous Brothers into Maverick!

The music is fine but please no singing by Cruise again.
Posted By: EAF331 MadDog

Re: Really great end credit sequences - 08/11/19 08:24 AM

A lot of the old Jackie Chan movies had great bloopers in their end credits and how they practice some of the amazing stunts:

Armor of God

Police Story

For a while bloopers became a staple of Hollywood movies as well:

Liar Liar
© 2024 SimHQ Forums