homepage

Posted By: THX-1138

1917 - 08/01/19 10:27 PM

Looks very interesting non SJW version of WW1, looking forward to watching it at the local theatre:

Posted By: Chef

Re: 1917 - 08/01/19 10:49 PM

I saw that trailer earlier today. I am interested in it too but I want to hear some reviews first.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: 1917 - 08/02/19 10:40 AM

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=1917.htm

Sam Mendes is directing and the film is being distributed by Universal so this will actually have a decent wide release in the US! I'll be seeing it for sure even though I know I'll have to drag my wife to go see it with me. My penalty will be at least 3 "chick flicks" that I'll then have to go see with her. biggrin
Posted By: ArgonV

Re: 1917 - 08/02/19 01:54 PM

This looks amazing.
Posted By: Patrocles

Re: 1917 - 08/02/19 09:12 PM

Looks like a movie to watch this winter. First thing that popped in my head was "Gallipoli" from the 1980s with having to deliver a message to avoid or cancel an attack
Posted By: RedToo

Re: 1917 - 08/02/19 10:36 PM

Interesting, just been out for a drink with my cousin who lives in Durrington, Wiltshire. As we drove out of Durrington to the pub we passed a large field. "They've just been shooting the film 1917 up there, lots of the local teenagers got parts as extras, £150 a day. Unfortunately my son didn't go for it." His son has been moaning about lack of money in the summer break from college, if he'd got his finger out he might have done OK. He'd have made an excellent baby faced young tommy!
Posted By: vonBaur

Re: 1917 - 08/04/19 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by RedToo
Interesting, just been out for a drink with my cousin who lives in Durrington, Wiltshire. As we drove out of Durrington to the pub we passed a large field. "They've just been shooting the film 1917 up there, lots of the local teenagers got parts as extras, £150 a day. Unfortunately my son didn't go for it." His son has been moaning about lack of money in the summer break from college, if he'd got his finger out he might have done OK. He'd have made an excellent baby faced young tommy!

There's a movie from the late 60's or earluy 70's, "The Molly Maguires", that filmed a few sequences near my hometown*. One of my friends played a pusher in it....pushers being boys, usually around 10-15 or so, who sat on a crossboard and pushed coal down a chute with their feet.

*side note, three Mollies were hanged in the town courtyard, which by the time I was a teenager was the playground at the junior high school.

Re: 1917 - 08/05/19 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by vonBaur
Originally Posted by RedToo

There's a movie from the late 60's or earluy 70's, "The Molly Maguires", that filmed a few sequences near my hometown*. One of my friends played a pusher in it....pushers being boys, usually around 10-15 or so, who sat on a crossboard and pushed coal down a chute with their feet.

*side note, three Mollies were hanged in the town courtyard, which by the time I was a teenager was the playground at the junior high school.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066090/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

I've never heard of this movie but it starred Sean Connery and Richard Harris. I may check it out one day.
Posted By: Chaz

Re: 1917 - 10/04/19 10:32 AM

This gon' be a gud movie

Re: 1917 - 10/04/19 10:35 AM

I will most definitely be seeing it in the theater. I'll have to owe my wife 5 chick flick viewings but I guess that's the price you pay for marriage. biggrin
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: 1917 - 10/04/19 11:10 AM

Yes, hope it is as good as it looks... I'll definitely go and see it!
Posted By: No105_Archie

Re: 1917 - 10/04/19 12:23 PM

Looks great ..Will see it in IMAX if possible
© 2024 SimHQ Forums