Trailer for you know what!

Posted By: archermav

Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 07:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVRHG6z7sN8

I shall just leave this here, let the excitement commence tomcat
Posted By: EAF331 MadDog

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 08:01 PM

Great balls of fire!!

This is on the Must Watch list on a big fat IMAX screen with 4D.
Posted By: Coot

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 08:09 PM

Oh heck yeah! bananadance This is looking like what I was hoping for. I hope it is. They're getting the real inflight footage that is for sure which was the most important thing I think, along with keeping the spirit of the first film and time period. Having the Right Stuff's Ed Harris is great and I'm really intrigued by the idea that Mitchell is an old school hold out content with serving where he's at as a stick and rudder pilot and not keen on certain advents of modern aviation warfare. Tom must be having tons of fun with this one. Just those carrier shots gets me going. Thanks for sharing.

I came here after hearing about the reveal without having seen it yet so thanks Archer for posting. I read an article where Tom said at a Comicon that everything you see is real. Everything certainly does. That being said, was that last Tomcat shot real too!!??!!

tomcat
Posted By: malibu43

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 08:17 PM

OMG YESSSSSS!!!!!!
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 08:38 PM

Woohoo!
Why Ed?
Because ADMIRALS DON'T FLY.

I may have to make a road trip to an Imax theater to see this.
Posted By: Chaz

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 09:01 PM

Welp, the internet just exploded. Hot d@mn. I was smiling ear to ear feeling like a kid in the 1980s all over again. winkngrin
Posted By: EAF331 MadDog

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 09:02 PM

reports are that they did indeed use a real Tomcat for some shots.

And an F-18 was photographed going down "Star Wars Canyon" with the pilot wearing Maverick's helmet biggrin

https://theaviationist.com/2019/03/...rs-canyon-during-top-gun-sequel-filming/
Posted By: letterboy1

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 09:25 PM

Watching that trailer I realized that I have not lost that lovin' feelin'. smile
Posted By: 462cid

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 10:00 PM

Friends, 'Top Gun' was a bad film. It was 'Iron Eagle' with more volleyball.

'Hot Shots' was less of a parody and more of a sequel to 'Top Gun'. Mediocre, pedestrian pablum.
Posted By: FlyingToaster

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 10:03 PM

Top Gun has many many problems. But it is fun. It is super fun. And that is what really matters.

And this makes me feel the need, the need for speed.
Posted By: vocatx

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 10:22 PM

I'm going to have to think long and hard deciding whether or not to watch this movie after reading of the despicable treatment Cruise gave the sailors during filming. The film looks interesting, I just don't know if I can separate Cruise from Maverick in my mind.
Posted By: Blade_RJ

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 10:52 PM

OMG......please someone tell me ed harris is wearing make up.....i can not.... i want to see more movies with him.....

Originally Posted by vocatx
I'm going to have to think long and hard deciding whether or not to watch this movie after reading of the despicable treatment Cruise gave the sailors during filming. The film looks interesting, I just don't know if I can separate Cruise from Maverick in my mind.

share with the class......cruise always treat his crew very well, so i'm curious.

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 10:55 PM

It wasn't a bad film or we wouldn't still be talking about it 30+ years later, much less getting a sequel. wink
Might not have been "art", as if any big production could be, but it's a beloved flick and entertaining as hell. That's about all I can ask of a movie and puts it well ahead of most.
The military used to have recruiters in the lobby of the movie theater when Top Gun released. That certainly wasn't because people were leaving unhappy.

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 10:59 PM

Yes. Good plain fun and to have another jet movie with real aerial photography is few and far between its seems. I hope that isn't true vocatx. It seems we usually hear the opposite of how decent he is when on set working with a variety of people especially in the technical and stunt fields. The little bit I poked into it, sounds like perhaps some felt put off by maybe some of the filming rules and constraints that are placed on the production to keep things moving and to get things accomplished. I wouldn't doubt that when able, he'd spend some one on one time with crew but when its time to work, they have to be all business and avoid interruptions and get their acting and filming done while on an operational carrier. Both have difficult schedules to work out I imagine. I'm just guessing though.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 11:15 PM

I feel the need... for speed!

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
It wasn't a bad film or we wouldn't still be talking about it 30+ years later, much less getting a sequel. wink
Might not have been "art", as if any big production could b.

If murdering logic was a crime, you'd be getting a life sentence!

Getting a sequel doesn't equal "good". Typically sequels are not as good as the original film. Especially after an appreciable amount of time. 30 years is quite a spell I reckon.

Plenty of "big productions" are cinematic art but are not monetarily the biggest winners. Some never make a big box office. But box office does not dictate artistry. Top Gun was never intended to be anything but escapist fun. That it achieved this is undeniable, but to argue that this popularity makes it a good film is tantamount to saying that the goal of cinema is merely finding a common denominator people enjoy and hitting that button hard.

Bud Light is very popular in the world of beer. That does not make it "good". It merely makes it popular.

There's no accounting for taste they say, but the trap is thinking that because you like a thing, that gives it positive qualities in excess of what it is.
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 11:37 PM

What, no Iceman ?

I wonder who the baddies will be, and what they will be flying ?

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by LB4LB

Congress, and desks.

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/18/19 11:52 PM

this has to be a crosspromotion lol.too much of a coincidence

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by 462cid

There's no accounting for taste they say, but the trap is thinking that because you don't like a thing, that gives it negative qualities in excess of what it is.

Fixed that for ya. thumbsup

Don't mistake art for craft. Or do whatever you want I guess.
To me, craftsmen may collaborate and turn out something with purpose (such as entertainment) that can be artistic and commissioned.
Art is done for art's sake, for expression, from the artist. You don't get that on a movie set, unless it's a little indie film. A production like this isn't, can't be (my opinion) and shouldn't be expected to be, art.
I'd say craftsmen are worth more, they can also be artists on their own time. I'm sure there are many who place more importance on abstract expression than what most people enjoy. The rest of us will had a good time watching Top Gun.
It doesn't make it worth LESS to be pure entertainment and less substance, as long as it's enjoyed for what it is. If it wasn't done well, it wouldn't have been enjoyed.
Maybe there's an indie art film from 1986 that will get a sequel for those inclined towards such projects. I won't hold my breath though.
wink

What, no Iceman ?

I do think Val is in it, if his health is ok.
Posted By: Crane Hunter

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 01:01 AM

What, no Iceman ?

A Middle Eastern nation that is not Iran yet operates F-14s.

[Linked Image]

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 01:27 AM

i dont think its maverk in the f14......i think its a new pilot....this looks way too close to ace combat, so it would make sense

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 02:16 AM

Maverick may have been shot down and involved in some escape & evasion here, so perhaps he steals an enemy Tomcat at some point?

[Linked Image]

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 02:56 AM

Stealing a Tomcat would be a nice Iron Eagle move. cool

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 04:15 AM

The base gets hit by drones, so they break an F-14 out of the museum Battleship style!
Posted By: semmern

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 07:21 AM

Bring it on. It looks awesome! Like others have said, Top Gun couldn’t have been that bad, since everyone seems to still like it after 30 years. Cheesy? Over-the-top? Heck Yeah, but still entertaining and charming. What more do you need?

Even looks like they managed to sneak in a scene where they are playing with the boys, too hahaha

I bet that’s Tom’s own Mustang in that one scene.

Oh, and look at the short glimpse of that weird-looking helmet. Pressure suit? Or stealing an Iranian Tomcat?

Definitely feeling the need for speed now.
Posted By: RossUK

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 07:50 AM

I suspect I'm not the only one who became a little emotional at the last bit in trailer. #%&*$# you Maverick!

Looks incredible
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 10:40 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Cruise a little old to be a Fighter pilot? I mean isn't there some age restriction for active duty pilots?
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by KRT_Bong
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Cruise a little old to be a Fighter pilot? I mean isn't there some age restriction for active duty pilots?

He's over 50 so you are correct but you know this is Hollywood.

Remember "The Big Red One"? Lee Marvin was in his 50's and playing a Staff Sergeant in the US Army. smile

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by semmern
Bring it on. It looks awesome! Like others have said, Top Gun couldn’t have been that bad, since everyone seems to still like it after 30 years. Cheesy? Over-the-top? Heck Yeah, but still entertaining and charming. What more do you need?

Excellent points.

How many Oscar winning films from the 80's are now totally or mostly forgotten today? A lot.

"Top Gun" is one of the most often quoted movies in American pop culture EVER.

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 10:56 AM

The baddies will be from some generic non-Muslim, non-Asian country. Hollywood doesn't want to risk offending Muslims and they sure as hell can't afford to offend the Chinese.

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 01:10 PM

He will be sitting up a little higher in the cockpit because of his roid donut.

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

The baddies will be from some generic non-Muslim, non-Asian country. Hollywood doesn't want to risk offending Muslims and they sure as hell can't afford to offend the Chinese.

The way Hollywood has been lately, I thought for sure he would be fighting a bunch of neo-Nazi's flying upgraded ME262's

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by letterboy1
Watching that trailer I realized that I have not lost that lovin' feelin'. smile

Let's hope and pray really hard that Tom doesn't sing in this one.

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 02:26 PM

Anyone else notice the shoulder straps are loose and sliding down Tom's arms? Watch the snow canyon bit. duh "Because I was inverted....

[Linked Image]

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 02:52 PM

Good catch, they were sliding. Hahahahaha. Wouldn't be Top Gun without a teeny bit of cheese. But we're fans, regardless.

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 02:55 PM

A teeny bit? Top Gun is chock full of 80's cheese but it was done in a very memorable and funny manner. That's key!

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 02:59 PM

So they took a bottle a cheez whiz and forced us to open our mouths... but we liked it! :P

And we get Jennifer Connelly to admire. She's not what she was in "The Hot Spot" (#%&*$# good movie, btw, directed by Dennis Hopper), but still very easy on the eyes.

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by 462cid

There's no accounting for taste they say, but the trap is thinking that because you don't like a thing, that gives it negative qualities in excess of what it is.

Fixed that for ya. thumbsup

All you did was mis-quote me to say

"Nuh-uh"

You just blabbed on about "art" and now you discard it. Words words words words words. It boils down to "you like it". That's fine. But it doesn't mean it's a good movie.
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 04:31 PM

rofl

Hey now... that just an Anti-compression Ejection Cushion! wink
Posted By: Khai

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

The way Hollywood has been lately, I thought for sure he would be fighting a bunch of neo-Nazi's flying upgraded ME262's

SHHHH thats the plot of Iron Sky 3!!!!

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 08:23 PM

[Linked Image]

Is "Phoenix" (Monica Barbaro) the new Ice(wo)man?

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 09:24 PM

^ More importantly, will she be in a beach volleyball scene ?

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/19/19 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Chaz
[Linked Image]

Is "Phoenix" (Monica Barbaro) the new Ice(wo)man?

Cecily Strong from SNL is in TG2?!
Posted By: reconmercs

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/20/19 12:36 AM

I'm honestly just amazed at the stupidity of the general public to actually believe Tom Cruise is actually flying the jets in the movie.... like do people think he was actually flying the F-14s in the original film too!?!?! Everywhere this trailer is posted on youtube there's a bunch of mouth breathers touting how Tom Cruise convinced the Navy to allow him to actually fly all the scenes himself.... nope I swear society is getting dumber with each generation.

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/20/19 02:06 AM

Youtube comments and reddit are pretty much the bowels of the internet. Best avoided.
Posted By: Zamzow

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/20/19 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by reconmercs
I'm honestly just amazed at the stupidity of the general public to actually believe Tom Cruise is actually flying the jets in the movie.... like do people think he was actually flying the F-14s in the original film too!?!?! Everywhere this trailer is posted on youtube there's a bunch of mouth breathers touting how Tom Cruise convinced the Navy to allow him to actually fly all the scenes himself.... nope I swear society is getting dumber with each generation.

In the case of Tom Cruise I guess it's somewhat understandable though - he has done some really insane stuff himself in his movies...
Posted By: DaBBQ

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/20/19 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
Maverick may have been shot down and involved in some escape & evasion here, so perhaps he steals an enemy Tomcat at some point?

[Linked Image]

&*(#$&, we're bombing Canada or Vermont or Aspen, Colorado.

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/20/19 05:38 PM

It does snow in the Middle East, and they even have some fairly dense forests in some parts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/28/world/middleeast/iran-tehran-snow-drought.html

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: cichlidfan

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/20/19 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Zamzow
Originally Posted by reconmercs

In the case of Tom Cruise I guess it's somewhat understandable though - he has done some really insane stuff himself in his movies...

Though I am sure he did not fly in the movie, since then he has acquired a multi-engine pilots license and frequently pilots his nearly half dozen aircraft including a P-51 Mustang. The man really is amazing except for his involvement in Scientology.

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/20/19 08:27 PM

He learned to pilot a chopper just for the one scene in MI. He's a good pilot. Regardless of the oddity of scientology, the guy does give 100% to whatever he does. I respect that, and he does turn out some of the best movies.
Posted By: Zamzow

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/21/19 01:28 AM

He learned to pilot a chopper just for the one scene in MI. He's a good pilot. Regardless of the oddity of scientology, the guy does give 100% to whatever he does. I respect that, and he does turn out some of the best movies.

Or how about holding his breath underwater for nearly SEVEN MINUTES??? Or that airplane stunt? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afS5ks54tms

Whacko Scientology aside the man's got a serious set of stones...

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/21/19 02:14 AM

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/21/19 05:20 AM

Those MI helicopter scenes were great. In this clip Tom speaks to the aerial filming for Top Gun 2 and it sounds pretty exciting. I hope it turns out to be quite the spectacle. Tom says Maverick is a love letter to aviation too so I think we're in for a treat. With his accumulated filming know how combined with what sounds like a solid partnership with the Navy may give us a high quality aviation film with great aerial photography that hopefully is as good as Final Countdown and Top Gun. I didn't catch it the first time but I guess that was Goose's son playing at the piano in the trailer? I also love how they used the Top Gun theme in the trailer.

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/22/19 10:43 AM

Tom Cruise is very wealthy of course but he's one of the absolute hardest working actors in Hollywood today.
Posted By: semmern

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/22/19 02:43 PM

He has definitely gone waaaaaay over the top with his scientology stuff, but he is indeed an impressive man in that he does all his stunts, flies his helicopter shots, and that he owns his own Mustang. The last fact alone makes him a discerning gentleman! wink
Posted By: Master

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/22/19 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Chaz
Anyone else notice the shoulder straps are loose and sliding down Tom's arms? Watch the snow canyon bit. duh "Because I was inverted....

[Linked Image]

Doesnt the strap slip down just as he pulls hard diving inverted over the top of the mountain? If so... it's G's pulling the straps down... but really why are they loose?
Posted By: RedOneAlpha

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/22/19 06:10 PM

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/22/19 07:46 PM

I was wondering why folks are mentioning the straps too. It looks like he is really in that cockpit and pulling Gs and that the G force has pulled down those straps almost around his shoulders. Maybe they should not be that loose but that doesn't mean its some sort of movie goof. I'm not understanding why that's being mentioned. If they were too loose wouldn't the pilot just take time to re-tighten them upon finding that they are slipping? In the mean time, those Gs are holding him into his seat I would think.

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/22/19 07:51 PM

It doesnt look wrong to me at all considering how the plane is supposed to be moving in the scene.

Im excited to see the movie... on netflix.

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/22/19 08:27 PM

Could it not be because it's a high g maneuver and he's being compressed and pushed down into the seat? It's not like those are auto retracting straps like in a car.
Posted By: RossUK

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/22/19 08:36 PM

Could it not be because it's a high g maneuver and he's being compressed and pushed down into the seat? It's not like those are auto retracting straps like in a car.

Rk gets it.

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/22/19 10:06 PM

Fact is his shoulder straps are noticeably loose. How, why, who..... the straps were ALREADY slipping down his shoulders before he rolled inverted and went into a high G dive.

I'd hate to be sustaining inverted flight and slowly slipping out of the harness. (2:21 in the video below)

Skip to 2:00 for proper shoulder strap usage. And these guys don't wear G-suits.

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/23/19 02:37 AM

Its an awesome shot of that maneuver. It looks great and its in the can. Tom made it home in one piece and can't wait to see the movie! I'll be interested in hopefully seeing more interviews with Cruise explaining the process as the movie nears release. I hope they show Top Gun in the theaters prior to release as I never got to see it on the big screen. That would be a thrill for me.
Posted By: reconmercs

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/23/19 06:07 PM

For those asking about the harness, its addressed here by a former Hornet driver:

[img]https://www.instagram.com/p/B0MWmmVBTMh/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link[/img]

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/23/19 06:30 PM

and settled.

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/23/19 10:16 PM

So you guys heard of the jacket conspiracy ? it seems tencent changed the japan and taiwan patch.

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 07/30/19 04:17 AM

Posted By: bones

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 08/08/19 06:30 PM

I love "Top Gun." Not because of the obvious Hollywood blockbuster symbolism, but for so much more that was intended beneath that that few ever realized or appreciated.

Were there errors, inaccuracies, cheese, and bad lines or acting in Top Gun? Sure. But what I liked about Top Gun was that it was one of the most accurate (relatively speaking) depictions of Naval aviator culture in a movie. Not the Air Force's, not any one else's airmen, but the US Navy. The priceless bond between the pilots and their RIOs, as well as between the pilots themselves was served well in the movie. The teamwork that had to go on between the pilot and RIO...I love how both Mav and Goose are doing the Linda Blair to tally the bandit, or Goose is while Mav struggles to gain that advantageous position in the knife fight. I love the carrier ops, even if it was only touched upon. I especially love how Goose can say "Roger I got them contact 20 left at 30 miles, 900 knots closure" without some added line to explain to the laymen what he means. It's just "This is what he says, "Tough if you don't know understand it." This just adds to reality in my view.

Of course there was the footage. Real footage, no blue screen, no cinematic effects, and just a minimum of modeling. But there was footage that was actually filmed and never filmed at that angle before, and pretty much all the footage was used to the point that it was even re-used in the movie because there was no other extra footage yet. The first time a sequel was mentioned, the studio said they could just use unused footage to make the next one. They were told, sorry, nothing was left, everything was used. Everything.

I especially like how the F-14 was focused on. It wasn't the F-15, F-16, or any other USAF or even USN airplane. It was the F-14, the US Navy's then-big stick. And they weren't discreet about it either. The words "F-14" and "Tomcat" were uttered many times in the movie, if not to establish exactly what the true star of the movie was, but what the mighty plane was that you couldn't get anywhere else unless you were navy or Iranian. Which really bugged me when people who saw the movie kept thinking it was the Air Force because of the fighter jets. Despite the mention of the US Navy over and over, despite the words NAVY emblazoned on the fuselage, or the boats that were in the movie itself. But it was made up for when a few people's eyes were opened to naval aviation and realized that another branch does actually fly a sierra hotel aircraft--exclusively even.

Then there is the legacy it left. The immortalized lines from the movie. The characters and plot. The music and score. The famous volleyball scene. How many times in over 30 years have you see these lines quoted in OTHER movies, or scenes made reference to, or even your friend uttering a catchphrase from the movie just because it popped in their head? This movie had a profound effect on everyone it seemed, even if they never saw it or were a fan. It just permeated our culture, ourselves, and future generations.

It is because of these elements and more that I scoffed at the first mentions of a sequel. Especially as the years went on. I was terrified that whoever made the next one would miss that it was the mood, the feel, the magic of the original that really made it more than just a cheesy "Iron Eagle" and would produce a cash-grab version of the movie without these important ingredients. I cautiously allowed myself to be a little more optimistic as Tom Cruise started to release some of the details and after seeing some of the promo shots and leaked photos. Could someone have understood that the film needed less of the tangible aspects of the movie and more of the original "metaphysical" facets of it instead?

The trailer addressed most of those concerns. Maybe not all of them based on what little footage we were given, but enough to swing me around to be, well, onboard. Even the footage seemed to take the original "Top Gun" footage standard and raise the bar on it. I really hope they don't drop the ball on this because so far it looks as if they have managed to capture all of those discreet elements I mentioned before and make a worthy sequel. For the first time I am looking forward to this film with a minimum of anxiety, and am now glad they delayed its release until next year, hopefully to make sure everything is just right. I just hope they don't overdo it, or scamper to throw in everything thinking it is important to make it count while they can (ie, let's make it the movie version of a sitcom's series finale where we have to throw in every character from season past!). I just hope they don't make it unnecessarily cheesy like "Stealth" or to some extent "Behind Enemy Lines."

Let's just hope they stay true to the original vision and its formula and can successfully transmute it into another legacy that can last well into the 21st century and beyond.

v6,
boNes

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 08/08/19 07:02 PM

Great post Bones. There is absolutely no doubt that "Top Gun" is an icon of American pop culture regardless of how much 80's cheese it may have. smile
Posted By: bones

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 08/08/19 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Blade_RJ
So you guys heard of the jacket conspiracy ? it seems tencent changed the japan and taiwan patch.

I was really annoyed by that and it one of the bad marks against the sequel for me: that politics had to creep its involvement in in this way. I pretty much noticed the jacket change right away, then I found out why. All I can say is, OK, I can understand why someone would want it changed because one of the big stakeholders is Chinese and don't like Taiwan much at all. But the patch was not there or even in the original with any malintent. It is a historical patch for an actual US Navy cruise that occurred. That's like telling the makers of "Glory" that they can't have the Confederate flag in the movie because it represents a nation that broke away from the parent nation that didn't like it.

v6,
boNes

Re: Trailer for you know what! - 08/09/19 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by bones
I can understand why someone would want it changed because one of the big stakeholders is Chinese and don't like Taiwan much at all.
v6,
boNes

I follow the Hollywood movie business pretty closely on a daily basis and most people would be really shocked at how much coddling and appeasement of China Hollywood has been doing for several years now.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums