homepage

Streaming the Indy 500?

Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Streaming the Indy 500? - 05/26/19 05:21 PM

Anyone know of a free live stream of the Indy 500 that doesn’t require you to join some service to watch this year? Mom’s a HUGE fan of the race and up until this year I have always been able to find someone streaming the race for her.

Wheels
Posted By: vonBaur

Re: Streaming the Indy 500? - 05/26/19 11:52 PM

A little late, I know, but NBC carried it. Live.
Posted By: KraziKanuK

Re: Streaming the Indy 500? - 05/27/19 01:18 AM

Lots of passing and close racing right up to the finish.
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Streaming the Indy 500? - 05/27/19 02:47 AM

Good race. Dana Patrick was doing commentary. What a surprise ! biggrin
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Streaming the Indy 500? - 05/27/19 03:12 AM

I’m trying to remember the last time I actually sat down and watched the entire Indy 500. I’m thinking it was around 2001-2002.
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Streaming the Indy 500? - 05/27/19 03:41 AM

I will watch the start, the first 10 laps and the last 10 or so laps (checking in through out). I love the Indy 500 though. We have the circuit here next week. I wish I was able to go.
Posted By: Brit44 'Aldo'

Re: Streaming the Indy 500? - 05/27/19 05:33 AM

You have two points paying races next weekend on Belle Isle. Too bad I hate Detroit so much that I refuse to cross 8 mile rd.

wink and another gripe. I attended the first F1 at Indy. Our seats were at the pit out. Worst track main grand stands I have ever seen. I spent the entire race watching the jumbo screen behind me. Indy grandstands have become nothing more then tunnel vision. frown My grandmother must be turning in her grave. She lived for her Indy vacation.
Posted By: vonBaur

Re: Streaming the Indy 500? - 05/27/19 03:08 PM

My dad was into racing so we used to watch it every year in the 60's. This was the first year I watched (nearly) all of it in decades. There was more trouble along Pit Road than on the track. Alexander Rossi was the most fun to watch. First he got so frustrated when a problem refueling resulted in a 28 second pit stop that he was hammering away at his steering yoke. Then when he was trying to make up for that a lapped driver kept blocking him. When he finally got around he actually flipped the other guy off. At 200 mph.
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Streaming the Indy 500? - 05/29/19 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by vonBaur
A little late, I know, but NBC carried it. Live.

Thanks. smile
The only option I had available to me was NBC's streaming channel and it limited the viewing of the race to 45 minutes. There was a countdown timer that let you know how long you had before you would need to join their service to continue viewing the race.

Wheels
© 2024 SimHQ Forums