homepage

The Secret Facility Where USPS Auctions Your Lost Mail for Profit

Posted By: Haggart

The Secret Facility Where USPS Auctions Your Lost Mail for Profit - 05/02/19 03:43 AM

https://abcnews4.com/news/nation-wo...ends-and-sells-your-lost-mail-for-profit

Anything of value i send by UPS as insured and/or certified mail
Posted By: MarkG

Re: The Secret Facility Where USPS Auctions Your Lost Mail for Profit - 05/02/19 04:17 AM

I was on the fence about Amazon Prime until this local news story broke last Christmas...

https://www.wafb.com/2018/11/22/look-inside-amazons-overwhelmed-baton-rouge-facility/

We had no problem with our packages during this time as it was only Prime members who were affected.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: The Secret Facility Where USPS Auctions Your Lost Mail for Profit - 05/02/19 10:37 AM

USPS has been frantically fighting off irrelevancy for several years now and they are desperate to find any new ways to raise money.
Posted By: Top Gun

Re: The Secret Facility Where USPS Auctions Your Lost Mail for Profit - 05/02/19 01:53 PM

I'm pretty sure UPS and Fed Ex do this as well, I know Fed Ex does for a fact as I used to work for them. It's amazing how much hockey product they'd "lose" in transit to our accounts but just so happen to have many teams that play in Canada for tournaments.

About 3-4 years ago Fed Ex lost over 400 custom hockey sticks for NCAA Unv of Alaska-Anchorage... How do you lose a skid that large and heavy... rolleyes
Posted By: WhoCares

Re: The Secret Facility Where USPS Auctions Your Lost Mail for Profit - 05/02/19 02:01 PM

Airports do the same with stranded baggage.
Posted By: Kalamont

Re: The Secret Facility Where USPS Auctions Your Lost Mail for Profit - 10/31/21 11:54 AM

USPS is not the same as in the past. They made many changes in their company, so I don't think that it improved the company's service quality. I am not using their services anymore since I had some problems with them. Their customer service is vulgar to their customers. I usually buy things from China, so I found a Chinese company to deliver my parcel. Their services are on a higher level. They use china post tracking, so you also have a tracking code for your parcels to check the parcel's status.

Re: The Secret Facility Where USPS Auctions Your Lost Mail for Profit - 10/31/21 01:03 PM

**cue Star Trek alarm**

Alert Alert, this is a spam alert.
Posted By: Allen

Re: The Secret Facility Where USPS Auctions Your Lost Mail for Profit - 10/31/21 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by MarkG
I was on the fence about Amazon Prime until this local news story broke last Christmas..

I'm an Amazon Prime "Believer". I also have their credit card that gives 5% back on their purchases -- 1% and 2% back on others -- we keep it "paid off", so no interest charges.

Amazon saves me a lot of time and money -- "point and click" -- most stuff comes in 1 or 2 days around here and is usually cheaper than the local stores (for what we buy). Free enterprise at its best -- in our area.

Amazon delivery delivers most of the purchases to the door. Never didn't receive a shipment regardless of shipment method (of hundreds in the last two decades).

We've bought a lot of "little things" lately -- many arriving next day -- some same day. It did occur to me, in thinking about it just last night, that our location may have a lot to do with how well the shipping works.
Posted By: Nixer

Re: The Secret Facility Where USPS Auctions Your Lost Mail for Profit - 10/31/21 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Kalamont
Are you using tracking on the parcel?

Timely question. Have you considered a career in long range advance planning?
Posted By: Gigolety

Re: The Secret Facility Where USPS Auctions Your Lost Mail for Profit - 11/01/21 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by WhoCares

You are kidding... I did not know that

Re: The Secret Facility Where USPS Auctions Your Lost Mail for Profit - 11/01/21 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Gigolety

Oh hi NoFlyBoy. Long time no see.
Posted By: Gigolety

Re: The Secret Facility Where USPS Auctions Your Lost Mail for Profit - 11/02/21 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by Gigolety

Oh hi NoFlyBoy. Long time no see.

what an evil world, boy!

Re: The Secret Facility Where USPS Auctions Your Lost Mail for Profit - 11/02/21 10:35 AM

I see I was correct. wink
© 2024 SimHQ Forums