Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/12/19 05:30 PM

The Rise of Skywalker

lightsabers
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/12/19 05:37 PM

Woohoo! Christmas is back on this year!
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/12/19 05:40 PM

Looking good! It will be interesting to see if any other major characters are killed off.

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/12/19 05:57 PM

So any theories on who is doing that evil laugh at the end?
Posted By: adlabs6

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/12/19 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

Dialog prior to the laugh:
"No one's ever really gone..."

Evil laugh?

"UNLIMITED POWER!"
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/12/19 06:44 PM

I wonder if Jek Porkins will be in this one ?

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/12/19 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by LB4LB
I wonder if Jek Porkins will be in this one ?

Is that the son or grandson of Porkins from Episode IV?
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/12/19 07:09 PM

Star Wars Episode 9: Rise of Skywalker sees Emperor Palpatine rise again
Posted By: Tom_Weiss

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/12/19 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Chaz
The Rise of Skywalker

lightsabers

oddly Rogue One set the bar so high to me that this last trilogy never quite managed to get near, maybe it was the ending of Rogue One that did it, still, it is one I plan to watch as well.

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/12/19 07:56 PM

I've enjoyed the new trilogy, but I have to say I think Rogue One fights with ESB as my favorite movie, aside from nostalgia. What a great flick that is.
Posted By: Arthonon

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/12/19 08:01 PM

Yeah, to me Rogue One was head and shoulders above the new trilogy films. After Last Jedi, I wasn't planning to go see this one, but it is the last one, so I probably will.

And the laugh at the end definitely sounded like Palpatine.
Posted By: EAF331 MadDog

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/12/19 08:14 PM

Be still my beating heart!
Posted By: Crane Hunter

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/12/19 08:32 PM

Meh from the depths of uncharted space.
Posted By: letterboy1

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/12/19 08:54 PM

There ish no pleashing some people, not even with a bong und a blintz. I for one will have a great time! smile
Posted By: Chaz

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/12/19 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by CyBerkut

Star Wars Episode 9: Rise of Skywalker sees Emperor Palpatine rise again

https://youtu.be/RnhiLZOprZE?t=5100

Skip to 1:25:00 in the video above.. stirthepot

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/12/19 11:07 PM

What made Rogue One so good was the fact that it was a very dark story with compelling and serious stakes.

By comparison, Phantom Menace was made for 5 year olds while Rogue One was made for fans over 18.
Posted By: David Kennard

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/13/19 02:21 PM

The OG did it better smile

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/13/19 04:13 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: letterboy1

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/13/19 04:26 PM

Star Wars, you had me at 1977. smile
Posted By: Catfish

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/13/19 09:01 PM

They lost me when it moved to Disney, and "Tie fighters" or "star destroyers" were shown to operate within a planet's dense atmosphere and gravity reach.
Posted By: carrick58

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/13/19 09:17 PM

They lost me after The Empire Strikes Back. However, I did see Rouge One and it was a decent Popcorn Movie.

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/14/19 01:40 PM

Alternate ending:

https://i.imgur.com/PccQ5Pf.mp4

hahaha
Posted By: bones

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/16/19 12:45 PM

What made Rogue One so good was the fact that it was a very dark story with compelling and serious stakes.

By comparison, Phantom Menace was made for 5 year olds while Rogue One was made for fans over 18.

Well, I think Jar Jar was meant for 5 year olds not so much Phantom Menace. I mean, what do 5 year olds care about the trade wars and taxation and the political climate (which bored the adults anyway)?

What I want to know is why does everything have to happen on Tatooine, or if not, some desert planet? Soooo tired of seeing desert desert desert. They teased us with Rogue One showing the stormtroopers wading through a tropical climate, then cutting it out of the movie altogether. But hey, I'd be happy seeing more in a planet like Dagobah, or how about one like the Borg world or the Transformers' world? How about an all-ocean world?

I am surprised that no one really wondered about the title. The rise of WHICH Skywalker? They are all dead, except for Leia. So...is it her show?

v6,
boNes

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/16/19 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by bones

What I want to know is why does everything have to happen on Tatooine, or if not, some desert planet? Soooo tired of seeing desert desert desert. They teased us with Rogue One showing the stormtroopers wading through a tropical climate, then cutting it out of the movie altogether. But hey, I'd be happy seeing more in a planet like Dagobah, or how about one like the Borg world or the Transformers' world? How about an all-ocean world?

v6,
boNes

Kamino from Episode II is the only time we saw an all-ocean world in the films as far as I know. Coruscant is the only planet we've seen in the movies where it was entirely urbanized like what you see with the Transfomers home world.

And yes, we need to see more variety instead of just seeing desert planets all the time!

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/16/19 01:04 PM

I'm trying to think of an environment Star Wars hasn't done yet. All desert, all jungle, all snow, all ocean, all lava, all city, Naboo was all idyllic. Was Cloud City on a gas giant planet? IIRC, Rogue One featured almost a tropical island beach world.

Maybe airless worlds are the way forward? wink

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/16/19 01:14 PM

A transformer or Borg planet environment? I would imagine it would be very techie, constructed, not naturally occuring. Obviously huge, nearly the size of a moon. Something like that would be pretty creepy, deserving of an intimidating name. Very powerful, it should probably be a planet killer. What to call it? Planet Terror? No, been used. I’ll think of something.
neaner

I always thought Cloud City was a huge station, mining a nebula.

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/16/19 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
I always thought Cloud City was a huge station, mining a nebula.

The planet Cloud City was "on" is called Bespin, but I didn't know what kind of surface it had. According to the Wookiepedia, Bespin was indeed a gas giant.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Bespin

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/16/19 01:42 PM

Gas Giant makes sense. That's where the critical Tibanna gas is processed.
Posted By: devere

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/16/19 03:21 PM

Great another chance to watch three random people with all the chemistry of an inert gas doing 'stuff'.

Think I will watch the paint dry or the grass grow instead, as I find that more exciting and it won't cost me a penny.

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/16/19 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by devere
Great another chance to watch three random people with all the chemistry of an inert gas doing 'stuff'.

Think I will watch the paint dry or the grass grow instead, as I find that more exciting and it won't cost me a penny.

I absolutely do agree that Daisy Ridley, John Boyega and Oscar Isaac have zero chemistry between themselves but I still find the new Disney trilogy to be a step above the Lucas prequels. That's not saying too much though. smile

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/16/19 04:49 PM

I've liked every SW movie, loved most and I've seen them all in the theater when released or re-released. Some are better than others, the prequel trilogy being the weakest. There are definitely things I'd change, or vastly improve on in other movies too, even the original trilogy (Rogue One was perfect though), but even a "bad" SW movie is better than most other movies out there IMO.

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/16/19 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
but even a "bad" SW movie is better than most other movies out there IMO.

True. Even Phantom Menace is much better than something like Battlefield Earth or Jupiter Ascending. smile

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (Teaser) - 04/17/19 08:18 PM

Cool behind the scenes footage. Brings you back to the good ol' days of Star Wars.

© 2024 SimHQ Forums