homepage

Tried to get back into simming but...

Posted By: Stormtrooper

Tried to get back into simming but... - 11/03/18 03:12 PM

Graphics died shortly after playing some DayZ. Totally bummed out. My second card after the original that came with (GeForce 295 replaced by GeForce 570)
For my Alienware ALX circa 2010 or so. Still have my Gateway running from 2007 which im on now lol. Oh hey and btw the card died on this one too (using factory card). Anyone have a Geforce 9600GT?

Shameless plug
If you have a replacement let me know biggrin

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4446791/wtb-geforce-570-or-similar#Post4446791
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Tried to get back into simming but... - 11/03/18 06:06 PM

Bummer man. frown

Graphics cards are way overpriced now. Are you sure it is dead? If you still get video but just crashes while gaming, you could try underclocking yours using something like MSI Afterburner.

Re: Tried to get back into simming but... - 11/03/18 08:41 PM

GF9600 gt no display found
GF295 beep codes
GF570 looks like someone shot the screen with a white dot shotgun...yep pretty sure they’re all shot lol
Posted By: cichlidfan

Re: Tried to get back into simming but... - 11/03/18 09:12 PM

Where are you located? I have a few cards in the closet.

Re: Tried to get back into simming but... - 11/03/18 09:13 PM

Jacksonville Florida

Re: Tried to get back into simming but... - 11/03/18 09:40 PM

I am about to go out of town but I will look in the closet. I think I have a GTX970 (best of the lot) that I will give you.

EDIT:
Just checked. The best I have is a Zotac GTX980. It is not a small card but if it will fit in your case I can send it out next Friday, if I can find a decent shipping box. I also have some older, smaller cards if that won't fit. (680, 770, 970). No charge, except I would ask that if you are ever in a position to help someone else, please do so.

Re: Tried to get back into simming but... - 11/03/18 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by cichlidfan

EDIT:
No charge, except I would ask that if you are ever in a position to help someone else, please do so.

Not a problem at all sir. Thanks!!

Re: Tried to get back into simming but... - 11/03/18 10:45 PM

PM me your address and phone number (UPS likes to have a destination phone number) and I will send the tracking number as soon as I have it.
Posted By: Ajay

Re: Tried to get back into simming but... - 11/05/18 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Stormtrooper
Graphics died shortly after playing some DayZ. Totally bummed out. My second card after the original that came with (GeForce 295 replaced by GeForce 570)
For my Alienware ALX circa 2010 or so. Still have my Gateway running from 2007 which im on now lol. Oh hey and btw the card died on this one too (using factory card). Anyone have a Geforce 9600GT?

Shameless plug
If you have a replacement let me know biggrin

Once you get up and running, give us your thoughts on how you think Dayz is heading and what it looks and feels like now. I'm waiting for the 'Beta' release before i dive back in again for another look.
Posted By: rwatson

Re: Tried to get back into simming but... - 11/05/18 01:03 PM

Good show Chillidanfan..I always try to send out unused hardware to simmers and have other simmers send me things..
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Tried to get back into simming but... - 11/05/18 02:46 PM

Which flight sims are you going to play Storm?

Re: Tried to get back into simming but... - 11/05/18 07:32 PM

FSX for now
Posted By: Coot

Re: Tried to get back into simming but... - 11/05/18 07:44 PM

You guys are great. My current pc has a GTX 970 4GB card and its probably one of the best I've ever own. I kind of compare it to the other best card I ever owned and that was if memory serves the Nvidia Ti 4600 128mb.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums