homepage

a movie not to be missed : Journey's end

Posted By: Tom_Weiss

a movie not to be missed : Journey's end - 10/13/18 02:50 AM

Posted By: rwatson

Re: a movie not to be missed : Journey's end - 10/13/18 10:32 AM

Thanks for the post Tom..For sure one to watch..Seen that young LT before put can't remember where,,Possibly Spider Man??

Re: a movie not to be missed : Journey's end - 10/13/18 10:47 AM

smile

Asa Butterfield - he plays very well his part.
Posted By: Brigstock

Re: a movie not to be missed : Journey's end - 10/13/18 11:22 AM

This does look like it might be good.

Asa Butterfield was bugging me too, knew I had seen him in something before, turns out he was the boy in "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas"

Re: a movie not to be missed : Journey's end - 10/13/18 11:37 AM

Thanks for the name looked him up and "Ender's Game" came up that was it..Would have bugged me all day ..Like a tune stuck in my head the other day "outside my window" Googling the title was useless..Did a better search and "World Of Pain" by cream was right and dug through my CD's and found Disraeli Gears is there ,While waiting on the Bucs today a shot of Cream and Blind Faith is in order ..YEP GO BUCS
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: a movie not to be missed : Journey's end - 10/13/18 01:39 PM

Where is this being released? Online?

I see no US theatrical release date for it.

Edit: Nevermind, turns out this had a very tiny release in the US back in May so it looks like watching it online is the best bet.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=journeysend.htm

Re: a movie not to be missed : Journey's end - 10/13/18 02:28 PM

I did find this https://www.amazon.com/Journeys-End-Sam-Claflin/dp/B07BZXYG42/ref=sr_1_3?s=amazon-devices&ie=UTF8&qid=1539440866&sr=8-3&keywords=Journey%27s+End Might be worth the bucks
Posted By: Lieste

Re: a movie not to be missed : Journey's end - 10/13/18 03:18 PM

I think I'd rather watch Paths of Glory, All Quiet, The Lighthorsemen or another less repeated story.

Journey's End has been redone a lot of times already, was used in a modified form in Sagittarius Rising ~ the story used for Aces High.

I think it is a good story, and one I've seen in several of it's iterations and variations, but I am sick of the endless re-tread of the "one popular movie".

Re: a movie not to be missed : Journey's end - 10/13/18 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by rwatson
I did find this

https://www.amazon.com/Journeys-End-Sam-Claflin/dp/B07BZXYG42/ref=sr_1_3?s=amazon-devices&ie=UTF8&qid=1539440866&sr=8-3&keywords=Journey%27s+End

Might be worth the bucks

it is - what makes it even better is that it could have been a story about a UK outpost in Helmand, Afghanistan .

Re: a movie not to be missed : Journey's end - 10/13/18 09:59 PM

I got it inbound in a couple days along with The Grapes of Wrath,,I was listening to the Boss "The Ghost of Old Tom Joad" and grabbed it.with Henry Fonda the dad of the one Vets don't like
Posted By: Timothy

Re: a movie not to be missed : Journey's end - 10/14/18 06:17 AM

I saw Gosnell. It was very good.
Posted By: Sluggish Controls

Re: a movie not to be missed : Journey's end - 10/15/18 03:38 AM

Watch Journey's End on a recent flight out.
Highly recommended, although probably not the best choice for in-flight entertainment. Rather depressing.

Cheers,
Slug
© 2024 SimHQ Forums