homepage

News and Prayers Needed

Posted By: Airdrop01

News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 03:10 AM

Well, I have debated about this for a month and a week, exactly. Once I put this out, there is no going back. Because of the way things have developed, or progressed, I wanted to put this here because my family and I need faithful prayers for a miracle. It took me a long time to write this because of the impact of my condition so please excuse poor wording or punctuation, etc.

I’m 47. On May 15 I was diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer, which is “widely” metastatic throughout my body, including nodes from my abdomen up to my neck, possibly head, and spine. It is terminal, inoperable and we are trying chemo as a palliative measure. So far it has not been great. But, we believe in God’s plan and in miracles, even those we don’t understand.

I’ve “retired” from work. Ironically, I was set to leave my law firm on 5/21 to take an appointment as a state judge. I advised the powers that be on 5/19, after thinking and praying on this for a few days, that I couldn’t do that work. I’m already losing quite a bit of cognitive ability, and this is aggressive in nature. I’ve lost 22 lbs in four weeks. Good news is I had cushion on that front for now.

We have kids from adult to teenagers to a 10 year old. I am not afraid of what will happen to me. I know when I am gone from this earth, I will be living my eternal life. I am afraid for my family, though we have time to prepare them. They are thus far handling it very well. We have thousands of people around us and around the world faithfully praying for a miracle, because this is without doubt what it will take to remove this from me. The works of man alone are incapable of this I am told.

I do not have Facebook. My wife does and my sister in law created a page for people to get updates to save me from having to do this thousands of times over and over. If you want to join, it is called “Team Fritschie.” (Cheesy I kmow but I didn’t name it...). Anyone who is a member can add another person. I believe you can just request to be added as well. Don’t feel obligated to join. However, please feel welcome. The comments and stories my wife puts up are generally the good days, and not the bad ones. The comments of some folks are so beautiful. The love we’ve received from our Church and community is such a blessing. I have many times, oddly cried tears of joy as a result of this.

There are bad days for us... But guess what, this is the day the Lord has made! Let us all rejoice and be glad in it!

I’m very faithful. I’ve probably read Job and James more than ever before in the past few weeks. We need a miracle. Every day and night I beg God for this, talk to Him about Jesus in Gesthemane, and imagine His agony and His prayers to remove this burden from Him. I am afraid of the pain and suffering. I accept it. But it is not my choice. I thought this was sinful until recently, when my wife and I discussed Gesthemane in detail and how even Jesus was afraid and in agony. Please, please pray faithfully for a miracle for me and for my family. I’ve lived a good life, and tried, failing often, to follow Christ in life. I humbly accept what God has for me. But I know miracles are real. I know they can happen. I know they do happen. Please pray for one for me as regularly as you remember.

Much love to you all.

Don
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 03:19 AM

Prayers sent. Know that the kingdom of God is greater than anything Man is ever capable of, and he loves us all. God bless.
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 03:29 AM

May your faith help you with strength and courage along the way. Prayers and thoughts sent.
Posted By: Master

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 04:36 AM

mojo otw. The big C sucks. Stranger things have happened so I wouldnt lose faith. Fight until the end is all you can do though. You either win or lose. S!
Posted By: Fittop

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 04:50 AM

Keep the faith, man. Thinking of you and family.
Glad you have the support at home too.
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 05:50 AM

I can't find the words to convey my shock and concern regarding this news. Hopefully words will come better for me tomorrow but I will be praying for you.

Wheels
Posted By: THX-1138

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 09:48 AM

Don,

Myself and my family are praying for your well being. May God give you the strength to trust in him and put the present and future in his hands.
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 10:08 AM

You and your family are in my prayers.
Posted By: trindade

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 10:15 AM

Prayers and positive thoughts for you and your family, Don. All the best my friend.
Posted By: RSColonel_131st

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 10:25 AM

Hard to put into words how much I wish these news weren't. All the strength to you and yours.
Posted By: the soupdragon

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 10:39 AM

Really sorry to hear about this. Stay strong for yourself and your family they will need your strength to face what is to come.
I will pray for you and you family and hope for a good outcome.

May God be with you at this dark time at I hope you will draw strength from him.

SD
Posted By: oldgrognard

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 10:41 AM

Will continue to pray for you.
Posted By: ST0RM

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 12:11 PM

Sorry Don. I applaud your outlook and positive attitude. God be with you.

-Jeff
Posted By: Chef

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 12:23 PM

That just stinks. I have never been a religious person despite the desire to be. I guess I have too much doubt to have faith without proof. I know, that's why its called faith... You will be in my thoughts.
Posted By: No105_Archie

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 12:41 PM

Keep praying. God has a plan. We just don't understand it sometimes.
Posted By: MarkG

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 12:54 PM

Don, I always thought how cool it was to have someone on this board who's intimately familiar with the nowhere rural area I call home. I figured that one day, while you're in town visiting the in-laws, we'd meet for lunch or something.

My thoughts are with you and your family, and hoping for the miracle you need.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 01:07 PM

I’ve already started praying for you and your family. Keep your spirits up!
Posted By: Nixer

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 01:37 PM

"There, but for the grace of God, go I"

I knew I had been lucky, just not how lucky.

Hang in there Don and I will certainly be adding my humble prayers and positive thoughts to the others here.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 01:43 PM

I’m stunned after reading your post Airdrop. I distinctly remember the pictures you’ve posted of your family in the past and my heart goes out to them. I will keep you in my thoughts and will hope that you come out of this ok. There is always hope.
Posted By: RossUK

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 02:19 PM

I don't consider myself a religious person, but I've just prayed for you friend.
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 02:27 PM

Just when I was sitting here feeling bad about my own situation, I see that someone is dealing with a far worse situation and standing up to it. I hope you get the miracle you need.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 02:37 PM

Came across this today, maybe worth reaching out?

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-06-team-drug-compound-cancer-cells.html
Posted By: - Ice

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 04:49 PM

You and your family will be in my prayers, Don. Stay strong for whatever God has planned for you. He does not give us loads we cannot bear.
Posted By: shan2

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 05:37 PM

I'm so sorry. I'll keep you and yours in my prayers.
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 09:09 PM

Don you are in our thoughts and prayers, as are your family.

My younger brother was 47 in 2005 when he was diagnosed with the same cancer, he left us on the 8th of March 2006.

I am at high risk of developing it as well and have to have regular check ups to make sure all is ok, I have been on tablets to control my acid reflux for more years than I care to recall.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 09:30 PM

So acid reflux is one of the possible causes of esophageal cancer? That’s frightening when you consider how common acid reflux is among the general population.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 10:19 PM

yes it eats away the lining of the oesophagus, it's what happened to my brother we kept telling him to go and get it seen to but he left it for years before going and it was too late by then,

He went to the doctor in October 2005 but by then it had spread and in January it had gotten in to his bone marrow and was not producing enough blood cells, he had to get regular transfusions, he told me that he felt like a ghoul and the cold blood from the transfusion really chilled him down.

The last pic I have of him, he is in the blue T-Shirt, with Marie and myself, this was taken in January 2006
[Linked Image]
Posted By: piper

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/22/18 10:45 PM

Don, why did you wait so long to reach out on simHq? We are all faceless friends here.
When my wife was going thru the ordeal, I reached out here and it was good.

Stay strong willed and never give in to it!

And of course the power of prayer; you are in mine and in the prayer list of my church shortly.
Posted By: Blade_Meister

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/23/18 01:23 AM

Jeremiah 29:11-13 New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; "He will never leave you nor forsake you."

NIV Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

NIV Luke 22:42
"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

Don,
I don't believe for one second that this (cancer) is God's plan for you. Anyone that chooses of his own free will to believe through his Faith in the Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit and the Death, Resurrection and Ascension of Jesus Christ to sit at the right hand of The Father
must also believe that God is Good( I feel quite sure you believe this). Job was tested(if you want to call it that) before Jesus sacrificed himself and the New Covenant was established. The Gift, or test as some call it (again, if you want to call it that) that is left available to us after God allowed His Son to Sacrifice Himself to Start The New Covenant is whether you, of your own free will, choose to Believe in The Life, The Death and the Resurrection of Jesus Christ , to ask forgiveness for our individual sins, to ask for help from the Holy Spirit to Repent those sins and to be Baptized into The New Covenant of Eternal life through the Proclamation of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. An Offering of a Gift of Grace and Mercy from God Himself, which He does not owe us, we do not deserve and which we can never earn. Pure and True Living Grace, which we can only choose to receive, or choose not to receive.
I am sure I didn't tell you anything new there, but sometimes we have to see it written plain as day to remember that God is Good All Of The Time, And All Of The Time God Is Good!!! It is His Nature. He cannot be compromised in this nature. He is True to it every second of His Existence.
He has plans to give you a Future and a Hope. He will Never leave you Nor forsake you. Ask Him for what you Need in Jesus name and Believe you receive it, yet in the end, Not my will be done, but yours be done God!
Don, His Will for each of us is that we be with Him in His Kingdom for Eternity. We do not know the number of our days here in this world, that is uncertainty.
What is Certain is that He is with you because of your Faith and your Acceptance of His Offering of Grace and Mercy through His Resurrected Son, Jesus Christ.
Our Future, no matter how long or how short, in this world is sustained by the Hope that He Promised you in Jeremiah 29:11. That Hope, is the Future Eternal Life in his Kingdom. That cannot be undone because of your Faith and Belief in Him being TRUE to His Word.

As for fear for your family if you were to pass on, I can only share this Scripture, which I call on constantly when the enemy tries to paralyze me with fear.
English Revised Version II Timothy 1:7
For God gave us not a spirit of fear or timidity; but of power and love and discipline.

When I feel fear trying to creep in, I pray this to myself.
Jesus, I was not born of a Spirit of fear or timidity, I was Born of A Spirit of Power, Love and Self Control. Sometimes I have to Pray it over & over & over... but, the Peace of The Lord always fills my Heart at some point and I am strengthened by the POWER, LOVE and DISCIPLINE that I was given originally.
The enemy tries to paralyze us by inducing fear to make us doubt in our Faith that God can do what He says He can do, which is a lie, and he, the enemy, has to flee at the mention of the name of Jesus, so Praying this Scripture preceded by Jesus's name drives the fear and the enemy away!
I am Praying for a Miracle for you, as I completely Believe that Miracles do happen and I also completely surrender my Will to the Truth that God's Will is done in your life because He knows the Truth in your Life and what is best for you. Be Blessed Don.

This is straight from the Heart for you Don. I Have never met you, yet you are a Brother in Christ and I am Praying for you and your family. I do no think I am "all that and a bag of chips", but my Faith in The Power of God is the only thing in this world that brings me Peace and keeps me going while I am awaiting my Hope in Eternal Future in God's Kingdom.

Again, Be Blessed! IHL , Drew<><

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/23/18 02:15 AM

Please all, keep this up. This means everything. Thank you all. Even in this, I am blessed by what I’ve seen here. Thank you so much.

Luke 22:42 is one I’ve said a whole lot since 5/15.
Posted By: Dick Dastardly

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/23/18 02:53 AM

Best wishes and my absolute empathy for you and your family. Very glad to see you have a lot of love and support to accompany you through such a terrifying journey.
Posted By: rollnloop.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/23/18 03:02 PM

Really sorry to read this. Not a believer but I wish you and family a miracle.
Posted By: Bill_Grant

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/23/18 03:29 PM

Don, I am praying that you will be healed and not have to go through this. I am also praying for you Family, and that your heart is not overwhelmed by this prognosis.
Try to focus on the positives! I will pass this on to the Church Prayer request as well, and get them fired up to pray for you too. smile
Thanks for sharing.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/23/18 03:34 PM

Don, I Pmed you Sir.

S!Drew<><

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/23/18 04:27 PM

yep

Attached picture IMG_20180623_122558.jpg
Posted By: WangoTango

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/23/18 04:32 PM

I will pray for you. For strength and peace, that only God can provide. I pray for you as well as your family.
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/23/18 04:49 PM

Don, you have my prayers wishing you, and your family, health, healing, wisdom and strength.
Posted By: Murphy

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/23/18 05:35 PM

Meet you there Don.
I'll be among friends.....Should be an interesting journey.
Posted By: adlabs6

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/23/18 10:34 PM

Airdrop, you and your family will be in my prayers. I wish you all strength, comfort, and peace.
Posted By: kaa

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/24/18 01:31 PM

with all the positive thoughts to you and the ones you love .
Posted By: TerribleTwo

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/24/18 03:01 PM

Ill just leave this here for all you battle hardened.

Posted By: Sluggish Controls

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/24/18 03:31 PM

Joining in all your SimHQ mates, thinking of you and your loved ones.

Slug
Posted By: citizen guod

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/24/18 03:36 PM

Sincere condolences Airdrop.
Posted By: BuckeyeBob

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/25/18 04:18 AM

Thoughts and prayers sent. While I am not particularly a religious person, I know that your faith, family, and friends will sustain you.
Posted By: Docjonel

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/26/18 05:47 AM

At times like this I remember a former patient who was clinically dead before being revived.
He told me how he was moving towards the white light, saw loved ones who had died before him, the whole thing.
After recounting this he said "Don't get me wrong, I want to live. But I have no fear of dying anymore."
It was an amazing feeling hearing those words from the lips of someone who had actually experienced it.
God bless.
Posted By: VMIalpha454

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/26/18 06:05 PM

Prayers sent, Brother. My the peace of the Lord be with you.
Posted By: DaveP63

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/26/18 07:43 PM

Don, hate to hear the news. Keep fighting.
Posted By: Crane Hunter

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/26/18 08:39 PM

Prayers sent.
Posted By: David Kennard

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/27/18 02:37 PM

Prayers and Good Thoughts for You and Your Family in this trying time sent your way from here in VA.
Posted By: marko1231123

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 06/30/18 02:55 PM

Airdrop,

Can you PM me your full name
I am going to Lourdes in two weeks time you have my word i will light a candle for you and your family.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/04/18 04:48 AM

Marko, thank you. You’re wonderful.

All of you, thank you and please keep it up. I’m on chemo cycle right now and this has been best day of any cycle so far. I genuinely know, believe, have utter faith and trust that if it is His will, I will receive a miracle or more. I feel utterly humbled and blessed. It is incredible. The homily at Mass Sunday evening was about having no fear. It was wonderful. Gettting our of and into Mass I face a gauntlet of hugs and love every time. I have the same here from all of you. I love you and you are a blessing to me. I continue to pray for you, that the Holy Spirit washes over you like the dew fall, that you’re filled with love, that you know you’re loved, and that His glory strengthens you and your faith, and that it grows like a mustard seed.

I’ll post updates as warranted or requested.

Love to all.

Don
Posted By: Haggart

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/06/18 03:24 AM

Ok I admit logging into the forum this eve and seeing Murphs and your post Airdrop01 was a bit more than i was prepared for. God Bless you guys and yes Airdrop i will pray for you that your body will be able to fight to stop the disease progression with the help of the almighty and our prayers. I will also pray that God help your family to remain strong.
Posted By: Friday

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/06/18 08:23 PM

Best of luck Airdrop01, you will be in my families prayers.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/11/18 03:10 PM

Still Praying for that Miracle Don. Hope you and your Family have a Blessed Day Sir.

Be Blessed!
IHL, Drew

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/11/18 04:38 PM

Drew (and all): Thank you so much. Today is a bit rough but still blessed. I again pray for all of you. Today, I forgot when I woke up immediately and in the bathroom got down on my knees and apologized to God for forgetting to do it first thing. I pray daily that you feel the Holy Spirit and know as such that your faithful prayers are loved, and that your faith grows and grows and that you all see God’s blessings.

Don
Posted By: Tom_Weiss

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/11/18 06:10 PM

Prayers and a lot of positive thoughts for you and your family smile

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/11/18 07:07 PM

Even on the "rough" days I encourage you to do this Sir.

Philippians 3:13-14
"Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have laid hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize of God’s heavenly calling in Christ Jesus".

We are each marching closer to this prize that You Desire for us on this day, which is all we are given. If tomorrow comes then we will strain
toward the prize again and with each day we recognize the Blessing of this unique unwritten journey we each live. Lord, please open our eyes
to the Miracles around and within us and let us give Great Thanks that You care for us and are providing what we each need today.
Amen

IHL, Drew
Posted By: coasty

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/17/18 12:47 AM

I have not been in here much lately and reading this has been hard, tempered only by your strength, wisdom and faith, Don. God's will be done and I know He listens to our prayers, so may He keep you well, until your days here are past.

Coasty

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/17/18 12:48 PM

Thank you, Coasty. I read this as I get ready for a new three day chemo cycle that starts in an hour. I just finished praying thanks for this day, for all of my blessings, and for every single person that is praying for me, as I do every morning. I prayed as always that His will be done. I ask for a miracle, and believe it can happen. I pray that everyone praying feels His love, that the Holy Spirit washes over them and kindles their faith to grow further, and they k ow they are loved and their lives are a gift.

On the practical earthly front, the symptoms aside from the chemo side effects (chemo brain, fatigue, neuropathy, etc) seem to be getting better. I do not know if this is significant medically...or if this means anything, but something called CEA in my blood is a marker for cancer. Normal is less than 2.5. Metastasized is 20. On 5/24 mine was 144.5. On July 3 it was 41. So crazy insane bad to just horribly bad. But that’s big time improvement...at least to my degraded chemo brained and non medical mind. I really think I’m going to get a miracle. This last week has been really good. I’m very tired because of low red counts but that’s okay.

Chemo today includes some of the bad stuff that gave me 7/10 pain in joints because of the bone metastasis . Pray for me brothers and sisters! Thank God for this and every day and be glad in it!

Love to all,

Don

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/17/18 12:54 PM

Stay strong! You're going in the right direction!

BTW, have they told you about Neulasta for post chem bone pain? You should look into that.
Posted By: HogDriver

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/17/18 04:37 PM

We don't know each other, but I feel for you and your family. My wife lost her dad to cancer a year ago this month, and I watched him waste away. Cancer is a #%&*$# of a thing. Best wishes to you and your family.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/17/18 05:06 PM

Take what positive info you can and hold onto it with both hands! Far more than halfway to where you want to be. Over a 70% drop? That's awesome!
I'm sorry about the pain part for sure, but just as you're looking back on it from the first round, before long you'll be looking back on it from the next.
Posted By: Stratos

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/17/18 05:13 PM

You will be in my toughts! Stay strong and keep your faith!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/18/18 01:13 AM

Don, Scripture tells us what to do to make us well.
Add verse, James 5:15 to this and you have explicit instructions on how to receive what you are asking for.

[Linked Image]
James 5:15 "And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven."

This is The Lord's response to your Faith and Obedience to His instructions.
[Linked Image]

And this is The Lord's Guarantee of His Faithfulness to you that He will take care of you always.
[Linked Image]

Be Blessed Don and be Courageous in your Faith in Him! He can do what He says He can do.
Jesus said it many times,
Luke 17:19 And he said to him, “Rise and go your way; your faith has made you well.”
Matthew 9:22 Jesus turned, and seeing her he said, “Take heart, daughter; your faith has made you well.” And instantly the woman was made well.
Matthew 15:28 Then Jesus answered her, “O woman, o great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed instantly.

IHL, Drew

Attached picture 44599-is anyone of you sick.jpg
Attached picture 44963-restore-health.png.jpg
Attached picture 44602-do not fear.jpg
Posted By: Pooch

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/18/18 02:43 AM

As someone who has gone through this, I'm feeling for you. Chemo is tough. I have a fake front tooth (They did a great job, you'd never know) because I collapsed right on my face one day. But, I made it. I survived. Hell..I thrived! That was in 2002. I now have an 11 year old daughter. That wasn't supposed to be able to happen. You know what we named her? Faith.
I never let it get to me. Don't you let it either!! You can make it. Plenty of us have. You'll be one of them.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/18/18 02:52 AM

Love it! We have done that constantly. Many of these verses are also part of the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick, (especially James 5:14-15) which I've had several times so far (I've had it privately and at Mass and it's weird being the youngest guy/gal up there by a good 35 years!!!

I am very confident and 100% faithful that if it is His will, I will be healed. If it is His will, instead of months or however long, I will get a miracle of years or decades. A thing I do (He knows my heart and mind and that my faith is 100% true anyway) but when I pray at night, in the dark, usually before anyone is in the bedroom with me yet, is for a certain part of the prayer, sandwiched in between a basic "Father, if You are willing, take this cup from me; but not my will, but Yours, be done" is I remember when Jesus was going to heal the dying boy, and a crowd was slowing his travel, and a woman touched His clothing, and was healed. Everyone was pressing against Him, and He asked his disciples something like, "Who is it that just touched my clothes." They of course say something like "Lord, everyone is touching your clothes, we can barely proceed!" Well, Jesus turned to the woman and told her she was healed by her faith. I hold my hands in the air, reaching as I lie with the pump attached, or on my knees in the bathroom with the door closed, and literally reach for his cloak. It may sound odd, but it is so beautiful and even though I know He knows my faith, I want to show Him in as many ways as possible.

God be with all of you. I am so happy I wrote this thread here. You all are such a blessing to me. I always thought I was a grateful person before....but as human, we are prideful by nature and weak at the same time (they're both the same if you think about it). As an example of my pridefulness, I used to pray for God to use me as His martyr. I of course envisioned some sort of John the Baptist, St. Paul or Joan of Arc blaze of glory. So utterly prideful and vain. Honestly I was so ashamed of this when I confessed it but I know I am forgiven. I am so much better a person now than two months ago, and I think it's like a big circle because I feel like my whole community and thousands of people are drawn closer by this. I, and we, are truly blessed.

Thank you!!!!! I will faithfully continue to pray for all of you daily, multiple times a day. May you all be strengthened with the promise as indicated in Isaiah 41:10 you put up above. I know I am and it's utterly beautiful. You are all utterly beautiful.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
on your own intelligence do not rely;
In all your ways be mindful of him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Don

P.S.: Our youngest (10) is named Grace (we had three miscarriages before her) It is indescribable.
Posted By: carrick58

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/18/18 03:49 AM

My thoughts are for U and Yours on this day.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/18/18 04:18 AM

A man of Great Faith, God can use, but a man of Great Faith and Complete Surrender, God will use.

"I am very confident and 100% faithful that if it is His will, I will be healed. If it is His will, instead of months or however long, I will get a miracle of years or decades.
^ ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^^^^^^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^^^^^^^^
At times like this, as you are describing above, for me at least, I listen very closely to my Heart because God seems to always call me to be obedient to what He is desiring me to do. I always know it is Him who is calling me to listen and be obedient when I can hear, feel and see it in my heart. Don, in Jeremia 29:11 it says He has plans "to give you a future and a hope". That Future and that Hope include Serving Him in those years or decades he is preparing for you. The question is, for me at least, will I answer His call. Again, I don't think I am "all that and a bag of chips", but you are in a very close and surrendered point in your life, wholly dependent on God, and every time in the Bible and through my experiences regarding myself and many friends who have been in that position, God ALWAYS uses that person to do something. It is how Ministries are born, how others are encouraged, how the Love of God is shared with those in need. Keep the Eyes and Ears of your Heart open and attentive as God is revealing that Future and that Hope and as He is showing you what He wants done with it. I just know that I am to share this with you, not that I am anything.

Be Blessed
IHL Drew

P.s. It sounds like Grace is a Blessing that shows God's Goodness even when all seems to be lost and hopeless. It is funny sometimes how many Miracles we have in our life and yet we still struggle to understand Him and how much He Loves us. The good thing is, It Will All Be Clear One Day!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/22/18 03:51 PM

Good Sunday morning, all. I'll be brief because i'm headed to Mass here in about ten minutes.

Today I'm starting to feel much better after this week's chemo. It was a rough cycle with the added bone stuff for that part of the metastasis but that's okay. I don't have to like it, but I accept and surrender to it, and God's will. I still really feel like I'm going to get a miracle, as well.

A fun bit of news: I get to throw out the first pitch at the Cardinals at Royals game on 8/10. That's pretty exciting. I've coached and played baseball for a long time, but I'm really nervous about this because the chemo makes my fingers and hands numb, and if you've ever thrown a real pitch, you know that can be a problem. So my plan has gone from zip it in there to "just get it there with a modicum of speed and control." Ha. We shall see how it goes.

That's all that's new for today. I already prayed for y'all twice today, and will do so several times again. I've literally got people all over the world praying for me, submitting petitions for me, and on pilgrimages and it is such a powerful thing. Thank you all from the depths of my soul. It is everything.

Have a great weekend again everyone. Know again how much I appreciate you all and your prayers!!!

Don (and Laura, Emily, Jack and Grace)

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/25/18 09:56 PM

Don, your strength is helping me in my situation with Parkinson's disease. Praying for all who suffer.
Rick

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 07/25/18 11:26 PM

Go Brother Don, Go!

While certainly not some thing you would do, the first time I walked into my radiation oncology center I looked around at all the subdued people and said "Screw Cancer, I am going to win!"

So far I have...

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/01/18 03:07 AM

Good evening all. A quick update:

Chemo today. Pump is in and annoying as heck. But I'm super happy and it's because I am BLESSED!!!!!! Seriously.

I just sent out a mass text to folks and here it is, relating to CEA blood levels (2.5 or less is good, over is indicator for metastasis):

So, while >2.5 is still positive for metastasized cancer, remember the CEA count on 5/24 was 141.4. On 7/3 it was 42.3. Today, 7/31, it is 13.4. The doctor wrote in my chart that “CEA is dramatically improved. This goes along with your clinical improvement.”

I really think I’m getting a miracle or hundreds of them. Keep praying. We are so very blessed.

Love you Christian brothers and sisters! I will go to Anointing of the Sick again this Saturday upcoming.

If you have any special intentions, let me know. I have a LOT of time on my hands. I pray so much each day, and as I've said pray for you all first thing every day and often multiple times a day. So adding a special intention is easy and welcome.

Love to all,

Don

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

16 Rejoice always. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/01/18 03:26 AM

Great news Airdrop01 !!! Yep that pump is tough. I was sparred that (I did pills and once a week in the chair for infusion). My nephew is on the pump now. He says you get used to it. I wish you continued success and strength.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/01/18 01:05 PM

That's great! How often are you getting the chemo?

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/01/18 01:11 PM

Thanks for the wonderful update Airdrop. There is always hope and it's worth holding onto.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/01/18 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by shan2
That's great! How often are you getting the chemo?

It’s every other week for three days, generally Tuesday -Thursday. I sit in an infusion chair for like 4 hours and then they send me home with a pump o poison for the rest of Tuesday, Wednesday and half of Thursday.

I can hack that and then next few days after pretty well. Prayer and surrender to God’s will and mercy and graces are the key for me.

Again, thank you all for your prayers. My wife and I are getting ready to take a walk. It’s amazing how light physical activity drains my energy but when the hemoglobin, red counts are so low, that is to be expected. Luckily, though my platelet and white counts are low, I’m still allowed to go out and be around folks. We just have to really be mindful of germs, dirty stuff, etc.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/01/18 03:06 PM

Go Don!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/01/18 04:49 PM

I second the updates. Please keep them coming, Airdrop.
Posted By: Timothy

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/02/18 06:02 AM

Something told me to log in and check the forums. I kinda was hoping to see a funny thread about Yanet Garcia, but this was infinitely more important. I'll keep you in my prayers about this situation. It makes my struggles look petty. Keep your head up and if the Lord does call you home, I'll see you in Valhalla, brother.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/02/18 11:08 AM

That's normal with chemo, Airdrop. There are options for increasing your red blood cell and platelet counts, but they entail risk. And if you are ambulatory, they probably won't bother with a transfusion.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/03/18 08:25 PM

I'm not familiar with this pump you're talking about. I used to get my chemo twice a week. Every Tuesday and Thursday. Does the pump keep pouring that stuff into you between doctor visits?

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/04/18 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Pooch
I'm not familiar with this pump you're talking about. I used to get my chemo twice a week. Every Tuesday and Thursday. Does the pump keep pouring that stuff into you between doctor visits?

Picture of me and my pump about 18 months ago: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4334576/re-the-big-c#Post4334576

My regime was similar to Airdrops, I went in on Fridays for about 4-5 hours of IV chemo, came home with the pump until about noon Sunday.

Had to pause after writing that. Tears welled up in my eyes. Last year was tough, my cancer, my wifes cancer and the loss of my oldest brother to cancer. GOD pulled me through my cancer fight and I am forever thankful to Him for doing so. I pray His blessing on Airdrop as well.
Posted By: GrinderX9

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/04/18 09:40 PM

Sorry the hear about your condition frown . Unfortunately I'm a heathen atheist, but a bad one. I do pray once or twice every year for mostly selfish reasons, like plz let me win the lottery and stupid thinks like that. In the last 10 years I have lost my dad and three aunts to censer, so unfortunately I can relate to what your family has to endure this days frown . I sincerely do not believe in a God, but the thought of a loving God and a afterlife is a good belief. And I'm sincerely happy that you and your family find strength and comfort in your beliefs. So in the (in my belief) unlikely chance there is a God, I did the (for me) unthinkable thing (for an Atheist) and prayed for you and your family. I which you and your family the best for the future.
Posted By: carrick58

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/04/18 11:22 PM

My wife went through Chemo last year. It was a rough experience,but it worked. She been Cancer Free for a year now and nearly back to normal energy levels. Knock on Wood.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/05/18 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by GrinderX9
Sorry the hear about your condition frown . Unfortunately I'm a heathen atheist, but a bad one. I do pray once or twice every year for mostly selfish reasons, like plz let me win the lottery and stupid thinks like that. In the last 10 years I have lost my dad and three aunts to censer, so unfortunately I can relate to what your family has to endure this days frown . I sincerely do not believe in a God, but the thought of a loving God and a afterlife is a good belief. And I'm sincerely happy that you and your family find strength and comfort in your beliefs. So in the (in my belief) unlikely chance there is a God, I did the (for me) unthinkable thing (for an Atheist) and prayed for you and your family. I which you and your family the best for the future.

Go Don Go!

Go Murphy Go!

Make medical history... (it happens all the time)

We have a BUNCH of survivors here and, we have plenty of room for a couple more.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/07/18 02:21 PM

I've thought and prayed a lot about this since you wrote it a few days ago; almost daily, about you particularly, in fact.

Firstly, thank you for your kind words. I appreciate them. I've prayed for you just like I do everyone who has been praying for me and my family every day, as I wrote so many times in this thread. Last night, I offered my suffering for those who don't believe, or for those who are wavering in their faith. This morning, at 0300, I read a prayer as part of a Novena for intercession of St. Bernadette, I don't think it is a coincidence that in that prayer for today, which I did not know before then, it specifically mentioned that she offered her suffering up in a similar manner.

I cannot force you to believe but I ask, and pray, that you continue to pray. Even if in the beginning you think it absurd, truly open your heart and mind to the prayer. Try to do it every day, and see what happens.

Love, your Christian brother,

Don
Posted By: GrinderX9

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/07/18 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Airdrop01

I've thought and prayed a lot about this since you wrote it a few days ago; almost daily, about you particularly, in fact.

Firstly, thank you for your kind words. I appreciate them. I've prayed for you just like I do everyone who has been praying for me and my family every day, as I wrote so many times in this thread. Last night, I offered my suffering for those who don't believe, or for those who are wavering in their faith. This morning, at 0300, I read a prayer as part of a Novena for intercession of St. Bernadette, I don't think it is a coincidence that in that prayer for today, which I did not know before then, it specifically mentioned that she offered her suffering up in a similar manner.

I cannot force you to believe but I ask, and pray, that you continue to pray. Even if in the beginning you think it absurd, truly open your heart and mind to the prayer. Try to do it every day, and see what happens.

Love, your Christian brother,

Don

Hi Don smile .I hope my lack of faith don't and wont disturb you to much in the future. I do find value both in good deeds and the well wishes of others, so therefore I thank you for your prayers for me and all other none believers. I do not believe in God, that is true. But once, a few years back, I had... an extremely powerful... spiritual experience. I to this day, do not believe it was... God, Jesus, the holy spirit or anything connected to religion. But on the off chance I'm wrong, the Christian God is supposed to be all knowing. Then he knew how I was going to react and think, and still choose to... give me this... hmm... experience. That for me proves "if" God exist, he loves me anyway and accept that I don't, and maybe never wont truly believe in him, as long as I live. And I truly and fully believe the doors of heaven if such a place exist are not out of reach for a none believer. In Norway most people are pretty relax on religious matters. I remember my hometowns preacher in my childhood under a Christmas sermon (the only time each year the school forced us to church wink ) told us; you do not need to believe in God to come to heaven, it are enough that you "HOPE" he exist. I always found that pretty nice.

I know many that are strong in there Christian faith, do not believe what I believe. And I sincerely hope I do not upset you with my beliefs, that was not my intent. Best of luck and good wishes to you and your family smile

By the way, my name is Dag smile

PS. I have read what I wrote a few times know, and... I'm really not Shure I should write what I wrote. This is your thread about your life situation. I really really mean no disrespect towards you or religion. And hope you don't take it that way. And what I wrote above really do reflect my point of view. I like do discus and talk about religion, politics etc. But there is a time and place for everything. If there is anything in this thread I have written, you don't like, I will edit it out, and only leave behind my sincerely heartfelt good whishes smile

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/07/18 09:00 PM

Dag, no worries. I will keep putting updates. I need prayers and love from all.

I just wanted to make sure I was kind and not dismissive of you at all.

Best to you!
Posted By: Master

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/07/18 09:24 PM

Hoping for the best for you Airdrop. We've lost a lot of good guys from my gaming groups through out the years. It would be nice to have another win vs the big C. It feels like the losses side is always overbalanced.

I dont particularly believe in "prayers" or even a god that listens but I've said a few for you just in case anyone is actually listening.

Good luck and more MOJO otw.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/09/18 12:11 AM

"I get to throw out the first pitch at the Cardinals at Royals game on 8/10".
Don, I hope you have been practicing up for this special Blessing.
I have been thinking of you and your family and Praying for you. All the updates you write on here are very inspiring and it is a Blessing to read of your Strong Faith and Trust in God.
Hope your treatment this week goes well for you and always remember -

[Linked Image]

Be Blessed,
S!Drew<><

Attached picture 34045-cc_SunflowersPhil4-13.1100w.tn.jpg

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/09/18 12:25 PM

Drew, I have been. I just woke up and finished my morning prayers. My son is going to catch it. They let me choose my catcher...a player or a family and I picked him since I coached him and it’ll be a good memory for him (and me).

Sorry for the short note today. I’ve been slightly “off” this week but I feel great today and I can’t wait to shower, shave and go to breakfast with my wife!

God’s blessings and graces upon you all!

Don

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/09/18 01:48 PM

Well, if that doesn't warm the heart. smile

Here's to many, many, many more mornings like this one. And then some...

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/09/18 01:55 PM

That is an excellent memory you are making for him.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/10/18 02:00 AM

Drew, I have been. I just woke up and finished my morning prayers. My son is going to catch it. They let me choose my catcher...a player or a family and I picked him since I coached him and it’ll be a good memory for him (and me).

Sorry for the short note today. I’ve been slightly “off” this week but I feel great today and I can’t wait to shower, shave and go to breakfast with my wife!

God’s blessings and graces upon you all!

Don

That is so awesome Don. Have fun and I hope it is a Win for the Home Team. thumbsup

IHL
S!Drew<><

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/11/18 12:10 AM

GREAT PITCH AIRDROP!!!!!!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/11/18 01:03 AM

All the best, Airdrop01, hang on.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/11/18 11:36 AM

Thanks so much! It was great. We watched BP beforehand. My youngest (10) got tons of autographs. I talked to Ned about a clinic we put on a few years back for fun ("Backyard Baseball" designed to take the parents and stress out of baseball and make it what it was when I was a kid...no predetermined teams..show up and play) and how kids all said "I wish all my games were like this!" Then we went up and spoke to Rex Hudler and Ryan Lefebvre. I told Rex how I was weak as a kitten and nervous and was thinking about throwing from in front of the mound. He said "yeah, don't be a hero." He's a super nice guy and was totally sympathetic. Then though, Ryan turned around and said "No way. You won't be able to sleep if you don't throw from a major league mound and rubber in this park..to your son no less!" We laughed about him challenging me in front of my whole family and I agreed if I "hit the bull" (Bull Durham) or in this case, the lion (Sluggerrr) it was on him and I agreed to give it a go (which you don't get to warm up, so it's hard, especially with 200-300 people that were there watching from my church, kids I've coached and their families over 22 years (one kid who is at IMG Academy in Florida even flew up for it), high school and college friends, etc.

Anyway, it was great. I'm not sure how the videos will come out (the resolution is better on smaller window) but they are on the Facebook page and I'll try to upload them too:

https://www.facebook.com/jen.the.herb/videos/10156566987213637/

https://www.facebook.com/christine.culplemmon/videos/10156076115819006/

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/11/18 12:57 PM

SSSTTTTTTEEEEERRRRRIIIIKKKKEEEEEEEE! yep

Way to go Don!!! Nice pitch!

Be Blessed!
IHL
Drew<><

[Linked Image]

Attached picture JRM17_7-8.jpg

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/11/18 05:28 PM

That was very cool ! Was that a slider or a curve ball ? LOL.
Posted By: Clydewinder

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/11/18 06:03 PM

very cool! nice job!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/12/18 01:28 AM

Oh man, that was so freggin' cool! thumbsup
Posted By: cichlidfan

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/12/18 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by MarkG
Oh man, that was so freggin' cool! thumbsup

I am not a baseball fan, but I agree. Way to go!!!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/27/18 02:42 PM

Good morning, all. Sorry I haven't posted an update recently. I'm still kickin!

The past couple of weeks were rough. Fortunately the white counts went back up to a level where they could restart the chemo. The bad thing is something I didn't anticipate, which is that apparently I had become accustomed to the regularly scheduled poisoning and the three week break got me unaccustomed to it. That meant the side effects at least seemed substantially more magnified this time around. They added "Neulasta" as well as the regular stuff and the Boniva. The Neulasta is a shot that is designed to stimulate my bone marrow to produce more white cells / neutrophils. It caused some big bone pain, etc. but pretty much gone this morning.

Anyway, I had the CT scan and it still showed metastasis in the same spots, but showed what the radiologist called "slight" improvement in the tumor sizes in some places, same in others, and NO spread, which my wonderful cancer doc said was great. He writes comments for me on the chart (like he did with the CEA improvement) and the one he wrote on the scans is:

"CT scans show slight improvement in the lymphadenopathy. There are no new masses. On the scan, it does not evaluate the esophagus really well, but as you know clinically you have dramatically improved with the ability to eat more and have less pain. We will continue our regimen. The scans also do not reflect this last dose of chemo, so most likely there is additional improvement."

I want thunderbolts, but as we know, my timeline is not God's. My wife, who was (is) a nurse (stay at home mom for probably 18 years now) says she thinks the scans were great because lots of people with this stage 4 stuff don't improve, or worsen. So, I'm feeling better about it!

Anyway, this week I get off and start again with the next poisoning (chemo) 9/5 - 9/7.

On 9/12 - 9/15, my wife and I are hoping and planning to fly to Green Bay and will visit the Shrine of Good Help, which is the site of the only confirmed Marian apparition in the United States. I'll have to wear a mask on the plane, etc. probably but oh well!!

I continue to thank you for your prayers. I continue daily, multiple times a day, including the very first thing each day, to pray for all of you and also for all of your intentions.

Thanks so much. You are a blessing to my family and to me and we are, truly, blessed and are getting miracles all the time.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/27/18 02:51 PM

Thank you for the update Airdrop. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/27/18 06:56 PM

Great to hear Don. Keep the faith High. Sharing Your Faith, Strength and Belief in God is your witness to surrendering to His Will.
He lets us know in Scripture that He "plans to prosper us and not harm us", so this surrender can only be Good.

Be Blessed and I hope your trip to Green Bay is a Blessing to you and your Family. I should be in Florida that week( barring any Hurricanes this year) for a
much needed vacation. I am taking my 89 year old Mother, which is always Fun. winkngrin

IHL,
S!Drew<><

[Linked Image]

Attached picture Faith_scripture-quotes.jpg

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/30/18 10:11 PM

Excellent news, Airdrop. It is quite rare to have the spread of the cancer arrested. May God bless you.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 08/30/18 11:36 PM

Don, if anybody I "know" has God as his co-pilot it's you.

Keep it up Sir, just look freakin cancer in the eye and say NO! Not just no but HELL NO!

I don't pray a lot, but you and your family are there when I do...and my friend Murphy too.

Beat it Don!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 09/13/18 08:39 PM

So my wife and I are on our pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help in Green Bay, Wisconsin today. Unlike the pilgrims of the past, we are taking a plane, not The Mayflower. .:) Like the pilgrims of the past, we are nervous, excited and putting our trust in The Lord. Please pray for us, and we will be praying for you too! God Bless you all!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 09/13/18 08:58 PM

Prayed

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 09/13/18 09:06 PM

You and your family have been in my prayers for a while.

Beat it Don!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 09/14/18 02:21 PM

I feel great today! We got back to GRB last night and went to Lambeau for dinner. Had 1919 (named for the Packers first year) and walked around the stadium. It was great. Called home and the kids are all great too. Our 11 year old made dinner!

Shrine was very wonderful. We said a Rosary, celebrated Mass, had Confessions, met lots of great folks, felt a ton of love, had a meager but wonderful lunch, and walked around for about two more hours.

Today we are relaxing and headed to Door County for some cheese and relaxation. God is so great. Love to you all.
Posted By: KraziKanuK

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 09/14/18 02:26 PM

Good to hear Airdrop. cheers

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 09/14/18 04:44 PM

Thanks for the update Airdrop!! Take care.
Posted By: Clydewinder

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 09/16/18 12:31 AM

Great to hear, Airdrop. Welcome to Wisconsin! Door County is a great place to relax
Posted By: Fracture

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 09/17/18 07:00 PM

Sorry for the late response. thought I posted in here already (my memmory is horrible)
Thoughts and prayers are with you and all other members facing struggles.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 09/28/18 07:28 PM

All, I'm sorry for the lack of update lately. This last cycle was not so fun. But I accept it. I can hack it as well. Today I feel great for example, and am meeting a friend for lunch. He's the guy, I think I mentioned previously, who is a younger fellow who used to be a client and is now just a buddy. He says our meetings every other week are his version of "Tuesdays with Morrie." (SP?) This of course cracks my family up because they get to tease me about being "old" at 47. It's actually pretty fun (both the lunches and the teasing!)

I am a bit disappointed because I've gone to Denver for the Chiefs game for 20 years in a row now, and I'll miss it this Monday because I have chemo cycle that starts Tuesday a.m. Ce la vie!!

Also, my CEA was down again the last time they checked. It went from 5/24/18: 141.4 7/3/18: 42.3 7/31/18: 13.4 9/5/18: 6.9 This is the "cancer marker" for what I have. Over 2.5 is "metastatic" so I'm still "terminal" and "incurable" but I think this lowering is a miracle.

Here is our news from the trip, which if you'll forgive me, is cut and pasted from Laura's kind "Team Fritschie" facebook post of today:

We had a lovely visit to the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help. The shrine was out in the country. I took it as a sign that the farm to the right of the shrine had beets for sale. smile We prayed the Rosary attended Mass, and went to Confession. It was a beautiful early fall day, so we walked the outdoor Rosary and Stations of the Cross. At the shrine, they offer slips of paper to write one's prayer intentions, which are kept at the site of the apparition for one year. We left a big stack of them. It seems like we have so many friends and family members that are going through their own struggles. Don and I took the opportunity to pray not only for ourselves but for as many others that we could think of who are in need of a miracle.
As always, thank you for your prayers and may God bless you all.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 09/28/18 11:27 PM

Hello Don,

I still have you in our prayers and will do so until you get better if it is God's will. You are not alone, I am with you and your family. May you continue the fight in faith.

"Into your hands I commend my spirit.
It is you who will redeem me, Lord"
- Psalm 31

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 09/29/18 01:31 AM

Also, my CEA was down again the last time they checked. It went from 5/24/18: 141.4 7/3/18: 42.3 7/31/18: 13.4 9/5/18: 6.9 This is the "cancer marker" for what I have. Over 2.5 is "metastatic" so I'm still "terminal" and "incurable" but I think this lowering is a miracle.

Don, you are merely on your way, the timing is all in God's Hands. Of course, what better Hands could the Timing He has for you be in? Your Faith and Trust in Him, and your allowing Him and Receiving Him, is what allows God to manifest Truth, Goodness and Light in your Timing, because He will force Himself on no one. Don't let Doctors numbers cause concern in Gods' ability or His Timing to Heal you. What percentage of Healing has He done in you from 141.4 down to 6.9? Be anxious for???

Nothing. Enjoy your Good days to the utmost, lean Hard on God on your rough days and be Thankful for All of your Days Sir!

I write this, not as Preaching to you, but as Encouragement for you Sir.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Be Blessed!
S!Drew<><

P.s. Oh and by the way Don, "incurable" is not in Gods' vocabulary the last time I checked with Him in His Word. <------- I was preaching to you there! LOL Jehovah-Rapha "I Am The Lord That Heals You" Exodus 15:26
If God Created each of us, then certainly He has the Power to Heal us. We are all "terminal" from the day we are born so you are not alone Don, as far as "incurable" just read about Lazarus for more clarification on the inaccuracy of using that term concerning serious illness.
You are a Child of The most High God, and He Cares for you Dearly.

Again, Be Blessed Sir!
[Linked Image]

Ahhh, and most Important, I am Praying for you Daily Don. It is my Blessing to Pray for those that have Faith and Pray to Him for Help in anyway. Amen!

Attached picture Hope.jpg
Attached picture philippians-4-vs-6-7.jpg
Attached picture Rophe-Healer-god-name.jpg

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 09/30/18 01:20 AM

Drew, keep it coming. It helps me more than you can know. Don

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 09/30/18 02:35 AM

HaHa! Let me correct that for you Sir.

He Helps Us, More Than We Can Know.

Ours is to Love, Care For and Encourage one another. Again, it is my Blessing to share encouragement and more importantly The Power of Gods' Spoken Word as revealed in the Bible. You are a Blessed man to be experiencing Gods' Power and Loving Care more and more each day.

IHL, Drew

[Linked Image]

Attached picture Malachi-4_2.jpg

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 09/30/18 04:07 AM

Remember Miracles happen:

https://www.wral.com/lifestyles/travel/video/17529378/

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/03/18 10:26 AM

Well, as of yesterday morning the blood CEA level (marker) was down to 4.5 not counting the current three day cycle. So, while >2.5 is still positive for metastasized cancer, the CEA count on 5/24 was 141.4. On 7/3 it was 42.3. On 7/31, it was 13.4. As of 9/5 it was 6.9. As of yesterday morning it’s 4.5. Crazy wonderful!

Please keep praying. I’ve said it a lot but I know I’m getting a miracle or hundreds and honestly with all the people praying, thousands of them. Please please Keep praying. We are so very blessed.

The only bad news is this “permanent” chemo is killing my kidneys and liver. But I think those can recover. The doctor is pushing me to drink tons of water. I do already but I could do better. It’s hard when even water makes you feel nausea but I can and will hack it for my family, and for all of you and those praying. I owe it to you and to God.

Love to you all.

Don

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/03/18 10:35 AM

Thank you for the update Airdrop.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/03/18 10:43 AM

Go Don Go!

Praying for that miracle for you!
Posted By: rwatson

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/03/18 10:47 AM

Mentioned in my prayers Don and those numbers show progress In my heart I believe prayers from good people helped Keep going M8
.Chemo can be rough..I lost my hair and teeth started coming out..So now I'm bald ,,decided to keep the bald head and wear dentures but still Alive

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/03/18 02:22 PM

[Linked Image]

Airdrop ...."Well, as of yesterday morning the blood CEA level (marker) was down to 4.5 not counting the current three day cycle. So, while >2.5 is still positive for metastasized cancer, the CEA count on 5/24 was 141.4. On 7/3 it was 42.3. On 7/31, it was 13.4. As of 9/5 it was 6.9. As of yesterday morning it’s 4.5. Crazy wonderful!"

every day i give thanks Airdrop and I'll continue to mention you as well

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/03/18 06:36 PM

Hold the line Airdrop. Yep, chemo is a nasty foe. It will take a bite out of you, but those are battle scars. Continued prayers and positive thoughts of strength and courage for you and your family.
Posted By: Coot

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/03/18 10:29 PM

Airdrop, will the doctors allow you to drink carbonated water? My favorite drink over the past few years is something called "Sparkling Ice". I've been completely off of soda pop for a year now. These drinks are made in Washington State and they are flavored, carbonated water and I love them. They are one of the few carbonated waters I like because either these kinds of water taste like seltzer water or the flavors are barely discernible. I don't care for all their flavors but my favorites are the Grapefruit, Orange Mango and Peach Nectar. I find the carbonation helps my stomach too so maybe that would be a help with the nausea. Plus they are just water with some vitamins, no sugar or calories or anything.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/03/18 11:03 PM

".I lost my hair and teeth started coming out."

Geez! I lost my hair, but not my teeth! Yeah, it's some strong stuff, but it saved my life, too. Glad to see you're a fighter. It's easy to just say, "Screw it all," and give up. Plenty have. Every minute you spend with your family reminds you why you want to stay.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/03/18 11:20 PM

Cisplatin?

That's the one I had. A liver killer, they gave me some other drug halfway thru every treatment that made me pee like crazy. Said it was to try and save my liver! Don't remember the name of the stuff, I just know I had to walk with my IV stand to the head at least 4 or 5 times every chemo session/

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/03/18 11:48 PM

Have they tried Zofran or Meclazine ? I had some success with that. Lots of crackers and flat ginger ale too.Get yourself some really soft tooth brushes too.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/04/18 12:42 AM

Pot helps ALOT

Ignore the idiots, it REALLY does...and IMO, it won't make you want to sell your wife and children into slavery, or who knows whatever other idiotic stuff is associated with it at this point. Helped me ALOT in chemo and and radiation.

Love you man, keep on keepin om!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/04/18 01:34 AM

When counting on God is the only choice you have, God is counting on you to be Courageous Don and see that the battle is already Won. Ask in Jesus' name that the nauseousness be taken away, believe you receive it , and it will be yours. Mark 11:24. Give Thanks for the Healing that God is doing as He even takes away the nauseousness resulting from the chemo.

Be Blessed Don and Receive everything God has for you, especially His Caring and Love for you.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Attached picture Joshua 1_9.jpg
Attached picture Trust Me.jpg

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/04/18 01:50 AM

I’ve got oxiliaplatin, fluorouracil and leucovorin in my poison regimen.

I’ll try those drinks too. Can’t hurt!!!

The zofran helps the most. Part of it is just everything tastes terrible and the smells alone are enough to knock me over!

Thanks!!!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/04/18 01:54 AM

Drew, I’ve been praying faithful and believing prayers. They’re working!!!! I just need to not falter in the belief and to keep it up. It’s not easy but I have surrendered it all to Him.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/04/18 02:24 AM

Unfortunately, I know you can't have anything cold. So, no Popsicle's. They are not joking about the cold stuff, I screwed up a couple of times, and it was unreal. The electrical shocks in my mouth scared the hell out of me. The metallic taste is not fun. Wintergreen Lifesavers candy helped a little. It is amazing how much your taste and smell senses are changed.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/04/18 03:01 AM

A trick I learned was eating with plastic forks and spoons, something about non-metallic substance on tastebuds.

Of course mine were being irradiated along with the lovely chemo flavoring...

But I am here to #%&*$# about it!

Hang in there Don.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/04/18 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by LB4LB
Unfortunately, I know you can't have anything cold. So, no Popsicle's. They are not joking about the cold stuff, I screwed up a couple of times, and it was unreal. The electrical shocks in my mouth scared the hell out of me. The metallic taste is not fun. Wintergreen Lifesavers candy helped a little. It is amazing how much your taste and smell senses are changed.

I never had any "electric shocks" but if I tried to drink anything the least bit cold it was as if my throat were closing up. Very scary.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/12/18 10:48 PM

So, I haven’t been feeling well the past two weeks. However, today I feel excellent. So good, in fact, that we had my daughter’s fifth grade friends come over for a camp out in the back forty. Many of them haven’t ever camped, or even started a fire. We showed them how to build a fire, and in fact built several. The first we lit with a magnesium bar and flint. The second we lit with 2 D cell batteries and steel wool.

I showed them some backpacking tips, show them how to put together a small survival kit, with some very basic things. They drank water out of a life straw from a muddy pool in the yard from the rain. They pitched a tent and are now playing cards in it by their fire. They are getting ready to roast hotdogs and will have Smore‘s later. Of course, I’ll probably be in bed for the Smore‘s but my wife will supervise.

They also got a kick of something that surprised me. I let them try some MREs whch I’ve used while backpacking for short three or four day treks where carry everything in and everything out – because they don’t need water- i’d prefer to save the heavy water I have to carry for drinking with the life straw option as a last resort - other than minimal amount for the heater and drinks if you want the drinks/shakes - and they heated them up themselves with the ration heaters, managing not to burn themselves, and actually ate the food. I told them these were about 1200 cal per meal. I told them don’t make this a habit and less you are letting your backpack across the woods for three days – or otherwise in need of mediocre processed formed sausage patty, etc.

Anyway, the point is with the cancer and chemo I am unable to go actually do these backpacking trips right now, so this was a really great date for me to talk about all these things and teach these kids. It was really a blessing.

I hope you all are well. Have a great weekend.

Don

PS – please excuse typos as I did this with voice dictation on an iPad. My fingers are pretty numb lately and I am wearing gloves almost all the time. God bless. – Don

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/12/18 10:57 PM

Still praying.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 10/12/18 10:58 PM

great post Don..Glad you are enjoying days like these and sure to be something the kids will remember ..Best wishes !!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 11/10/18 02:36 PM

Sorry for the long delay in updates. Still hanging. I was able to go this week to Washington State U for a college visit with my 17 year old. He wants to do forestry and conservation science and that is a great place for it.

Jack had a great visit. He’s not positive and both his mom and I would like him closer but I told him over and over it is his life and he has to live it for the glory of God. I think he’s going to go there but we will see. Everyone was so friendly. He said “it’s like Kansas except with hills and forests!”

I had a bit of a spill Wednesday. I was fine until I stupidly spent 20 minutes standing talking to the Hertz lady at 10pm at night which was midnight my time. She had a port and I was encouraging her and when doing so, I got light headed and fainted. I hit my head, have a small cut, and went right down. I got up, sat in a chair that was there for according to Jack, less than 5 minutes during which he said I made a noise and then blacked out. Then I woke up and felt a million times better.

I have no idea what happened but I’ve felt much better since then. I was praying the Rosary that night at the hotel and I had a vision or thoughts of Paul (Saul) getting knocked off his horse. I have no idea if I got yet another miracle or not then but I sure feel better.

Next week is another chemo poisoning. I get blood work and maybe a scan or two.

Keep praying and rest assured I pray for all of you every single day:

God bless you all!!!!

Please forgive typos if any. It’s like 14 degrees here this morningt, meaning my hands are super numb along with my feet and nose!!!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 11/10/18 04:50 PM

Maybe you are dehydrated. Have you had an electrolyte panel blood test lately ? I have had a serious problem with low Potassium ever since I got sick. I know the "light headed" feeling all too well. Just a guess. Still wishing you the best of luck.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 11/10/18 05:40 PM

Hang in there Airdrop.

Keep your faith. Miracles happen.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/11/09/lodi-second-chance-brain-tumor/

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 11/13/18 10:25 PM

Real quick update: I haven’t seen the labs from today yet.

But, the doc took me off of the oxalaplatin and that has made today great. I can still taste today!!!!!!!

I took a 3 hour nap when I got home from chemo so I just woke up. But little things: water tastes good. I had a snack which was pretty good. I fixed our thermostat which makes me feel useful (going from what we all do (did for me) to nothing is not fun so little fixes I can do make me feel useful!)

I’ll tell y’all about the labs when I know. I’m set for a CT after Thanksgiving and then a doc appointment so we can nap out the options and plan going forward.

Today is a great day. I’m rejoicing!!!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 11/13/18 10:59 PM

Truly something to rejoice !

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 11/13/18 11:22 PM

Great news Airdrop! God is good!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 11/13/18 11:40 PM

Hello Don,

I still have you in our prayers and will do so until you get better. You are not alone, I am with you and your family. May you continue the fight in faith.

Deus vult!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 11/14/18 03:52 AM

That Oxalipatin is some nasty stuff. Maybe they can give you a little break and then lower the dosage. It's hard to hydrate when water tastes like acid. Keep up the good fight.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 12/05/18 01:27 AM

Good evening, all. I haven't posted for the past couple of weeks just because I've not had much to report in the way of positive things. I today ate three meals (not huge meals but meals) for the first time in probably 3 weeks. I will be honest, of course, I have had some hard days recently. The weight mentally of the "perpetual" chemo is just hard to handle sometimes. However, I'm amazed at what faith has done and how when it gets really hard, I inevitably get to a day like today, where I'm feeling great.

The CT I had showed stability. Still metastatic but stable. No new organs and no new growths. One tumor shrunk from the prior scan months ago by 1mm and one was 1mm bigger. I've done enough of that in my career that of course that can be (and the doc agreed) just a difference in the imaging, software or radiologist reading. He was really happy.

I have a PET scan this Friday 12/7. Let's hope it's not a day to live in infamy by vitue of the scan!! smile

I get chemo again (and forever as things stand now) every other week with the next round next week (12/11 - 13). But thankfully no more oxalaplatin, which is just terrible stuff. I am still on FU5 forever. I am now getting IV fluids as well on Thursdays which helps because the taste still isn't there and it makes it a challenge to drink enough water every day. However, I discovered that flavored milk and just whole white milk goes down really well now. We have a home delivery of milk from a local farm every week, and we are going through probably 4 gallons a week of the stuff. I just finished putting out the bottles for the fellow to pick up tomorrow when he brings us more!

I'm coaching my 11 year old girl's basketball team again. They're not very good so far but they are a joy and they all give me hugs and we pray for whatever they want and the beginning and end of each practice. We practice on Friday afternoons for 90 minutes and although I'm not able to do the drills mostly, they listen so well and a lot of times I can stand or even sit and direct them, getting up once in a while to show them things. It's a CYO team so not ultra competitive or anything, which I LOVE. They lost their first game last week 11-10 (yeah, 5th grade girls aren't scoring juggernauts!)

Laura is hanging in there. She was afraid I was "giving up" having felt so bad but we talk and pray so much, she knows that is not the case and was so happy that today went so well.

We are going to Pittsburg, KS tomorrow to visit my daughter at Pitt State. She's in a chorale concert and we will get there to see that at 11:30 and drive back to Lenexa afterwards.

Jack is doing well too. I think I mentioned he really loved Wazzu, especially the fact that he can do all the outdoor camping and hiking and backpacking, kayaking, fishing, rafting, hunting he wants all within an hour. He still hasn't taken the ACT for his junior year but he's probably based upon what he has already going to end up with a 32-33 or so and was worried his mom was pushing him to do something other than forestry type stuff but I've told him it's his life, and he has to do what he wants for the glory of God which means not to take a job for the money or because "that's what kids with that score do." I'm really proud that he's such his own person that he has confidence to stand for what he wants to do (which is not work in an office/cubicle every day).

Anyway, I feel GREAT today. Every day is different, but I am so grateful for today. I prayed so hard last night I was near despair...like "why have you forsaken me" type stuff....which even Jesus felt obviously.... and I woke up feeling great.

God bless you all. Thank you for the prayers and please keep them coming. I will keep you posted when I find out about the PET scan!!

Love to you all!!!!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 12/05/18 08:09 AM

Thanks for the update, I will keep you in my prayers.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 12/05/18 01:03 PM

Great news Don. I think of you all the time.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 12/05/18 03:23 PM

Thank you for the update Airdrop. You are a constant reminder to me that we cannot take anything for granted and that we need to appreciate every day we have.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 12/05/18 04:22 PM

Amen, PM.

After making an initial comment, I mostly sit on the sidelines in these threads and let those who are better equipped (having greater maturity and in this case, faith in a higher power) provide encouragement and support. But I'm sure there are many of us, while staying mostly silent, really appreciate the updates and responses.

Keeping fighting the good fight, Airdrop.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 12/12/18 05:08 AM

Y’all: Get this;

The PET scan showed “dramatic “ improvement. Lymph nodes not getting worse but better. No new tumors. Still in my spine and still metastatic and terminal ( but we all are terminal!).

The doc said today there was no sign of tumor at the original site, at the junction at the stomach and esophagus! He even uttered the words “you’re not curable or operable but this is pretty close to what I call remission even though you have to do the chemo forever.”

I’ve still got perpetual chemo. But this was a great day!

Side effects are brutal. No taste. 12 of 14 days usually. I’ve got really bad neuropathy so it made me go from 80 wpm typing to about 10. It makes me lose balance as I can’t feel my feet at all. I went to bed a few weeks ago unknowingly wearing my shoes!! 😂Naps are pretty regular twice a day sadly. I lose my balance and fall some, faint and can’t do more than 5 minuets standing without a break. Chemo brain is ridiculous. Every other sentence I utter is garbled! And yet I am SO BLESSED BY GOD AND YOUR LOVE AND PRAYERS AND SUPPORT. I feel SO HAPPY today.

I love and truly pray for each of you daily!!!!

Y’all are true blessings. Thank you!!!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 12/12/18 05:25 AM

Great news ! I am amazed everyday at the stories I hear about people being able to handle so much more than they ever thought they could. I know it is easy to feel like you are pushing a ten ton rock up a mile high mountain, but keep pushing !!!

The chemo brain and nephropathy are rough. Don't hold back on telling your doctor exactly what is going on with that. I still have some lingering effects. I keep doing weird things like putting the peanut butter in the refrigerator and forgetting my train of thought mid-sentence. Sometimes it is best to just have a good laugh at it. It does get better.

As always, I wish you continued strength and courage.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 12/12/18 06:32 AM

Glad to hear that. I will keep praying for you.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 12/12/18 12:07 PM

Ask your doctor about vitamin B6 for peripheral neuropathy. I've been taking it, 100mg, twice daily since my chemo ended almost 18 months ago and my hands are almost 100% normal, though my feet are still pretty numb. Of course with you still taking chemo I wouldn't expect the same results but it might make some worthwhile difference.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 12/12/18 12:12 PM

I have prayed for you Airdrop. Hopefully your health will continue to improve. Keep up the good struggle, both physically and spiritually. You are an inspiration to us.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 12/12/18 01:22 PM

Such great news Don.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 12/12/18 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by F4UDash4
Ask your doctor about vitamin B6 for peripheral neuropathy. I've been taking it, 100mg, twice daily since my chemo ended almost 18 months ago and my hands are almost 100% normal, though my feet are still pretty numb. Of course with you still taking chemo I wouldn't expect the same results but it might make some worthwhile difference.

I am all over it. Taking tons of it. I am thinking that the seven months I’ve been on this poison without dosage reduction is a big factor on why it’s not lowering but I am sure it would be worse if the B6 wasn’t there every day. With the chemo ongoing it will be harder but that’s okay.

I’ll keep taking it because though nerves don’t regenerate the loss can improve especially without the oxaliplatin!

You guys rock. Thank you and no suggestion is too small!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 12/12/18 03:08 PM

You are definitly one of the bravest and strongest men I know.

Hang in there, wish you all the best!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 12/12/18 07:16 PM

Don it is a Blessing to read that you are in a state of such deep dependence on God. Mathew 17:20 is what The Lord would have you read today! Your Faith in God's Love for you and all of His children is what is allowing your body to endure these treatments and also allowing you to see the moments of Joy that He still has for you. Don your Faith,Trust and Love for God has taken you from this:

06/22/18 03:10 AM
"We have thousands of people around us and around the world faithfully praying for a miracle, because this is without doubt what it will take to remove this from me. The works of man alone are incapable of this I am told."

To this:

"The doc said today there was no sign of tumor at the original site, at the junction at the stomach and esophagus! He even uttered the words “you’re not curable or operable but this is pretty close to what I call remission even though you have to do the chemo forever.

And this:

07/04/18 04:48 AM
" I genuinely know, believe, have utter faith and trust that if it is His will, I will receive a miracle or more."

To This:

"The PET scan showed “dramatic “ improvement. Lymph nodes not getting worse but better. No new tumors. Still in my spine and still metastatic and terminal ( but we all are terminal!)." yep Yes we are.

Also from this:

07/11/18 04:38 PM
" I again pray for all of you. Today, I forgot when I woke up immediately and in the bathroom got down on my knees and apologized to God for forgetting to do it first thing. I pray daily that you feel the Holy Spirit and know as such that your faithful prayers are loved, and that your faith grows and grows and that you all see God’s blessings."

To this:

"And yet I am SO BLESSED BY GOD AND YOUR LOVE AND PRAYERS AND SUPPORT. I feel SO HAPPY today!"

Don, this is becoming reality in your Life:

07/18/18 02:52 AM
"I am very confident and 100% faithful that if it is His will, I will be healed. If it is His will, instead of months or however long, I will get a miracle of years or decades. A thing I do (He knows my heart and mind and that my faith is 100% true anyway) but when I pray at night, in the dark, usually before anyone is in the bedroom with me yet, is for a certain part of the prayer, sandwiched in between a basic "Father, if You are willing, take this cup from me; but not my will, but Yours, be done" is I remember when Jesus was going to heal the dying boy, and a crowd was slowing his travel, and a woman touched His clothing, and was healed. Everyone was pressing against Him, and He asked his disciples something like, "Who is it that just touched my clothes." They of course say something like "Lord, everyone is touching your clothes, we can barely proceed!" Well, Jesus turned to the woman and told her she was healed by her faith. I hold my hands in the air, reaching as I lie with the pump attached, or on my knees in the bathroom with the door closed, and literally reach for his cloak. It may sound odd, but it is so beautiful and even though I know He knows my faith, I want to show Him in as many ways as possible."

08/01/18 02:55 PM
" Prayer and surrender to God’s will and mercy and graces are the key for me."

10/04/18 01:54 AM
" I just need to not falter in the belief and to keep it up. It’s not easy but I have surrendered it all to Him."

Don, remember what Jesus said, Luke 8:46 " But Jesus said, “Someone touched me, for I perceive that power has gone out from me.”
Keep reaching our for that Power, for Jesus gives it Freely but it does not go unnoticed.

Don the mustard seed has grown to the size of a man that is not afraid of God's will. A man that Trusts God, who is Thankful for God's strength to endure and be joyful in the midst, and a man receiving God's Healing through His inner Spirit.

Seems like an early Merry Christmas CT to me? winkngrin
Be Blessed!!!

S!Blade<>< CT

[Linked Image]

Attached picture Screenshot_2018-12-12 Faith as small as a mustard seed (hand lettered) 8 by 10 print .png

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 12/13/18 04:31 AM

So good to hear your markers came down! I'm so happy for you!

I know (second hand) the struggle you're going through and it's incredibly hard, but God has a plan for you.
Get ready for it.
Posted By: Mad Max

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 12/13/18 05:34 AM

I have been lucky so far. The trial I am on has put all the tumours to sleep for a while. My PSA is very low, though I do have a lot of tumours. I'm not religious so I don't pray, but good fortune be with you Don. We all need it.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 01/29/19 05:54 PM

Don, keep fighting Sir and rejoice in the Blessings all around you. Be Strong Brother!
Haven't seen you post here in a longtime. Touch base with us when you feel well enough to Sir.
Be Blessed, Drew

[Linked Image]

Attached picture God.jpg

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/08/19 02:27 AM

Real quickly before I go to sleep. I am using voice dictation so please excuse grammatical errors or typos.

I am at home on hospice. They tell me I have anywhere from days to weeks to add the outside a couple of months to go. Do you except all this faithfully yet as a servant of Christ.

We have such a wonderful community around us. This board is in example and he would not believe how much love I can feel from this board. Although I sleep much of the day – they say with kidney failure, Liver failure and metastatic cancerThe worse it will sleep more, during my brief periods of week I have been discussing our lives with my family, good times and bad times, and answering questions for a sort of journal my wonderful wife is compiling for my kids and someday grandkids about basic experiences in my life.

This leads to a lot of tears, a lot of smiles, and would lead to a lot of laughter they did not hurt so excruciatingly bad. I have drains into sticking out of me, oxygen, and a suction pump because I cannot void, etc. It’s not a pretty sight. However, I offer the suffering for those that are praying for me, and those that do not have the strength of faith to Help them through similar situations.

I am by no means perfect, but extremely flawed.My goal every day to try to be the best I can with what God has given to me. If I can do that, more often than not, I will be serving his will, I believe. You are all in being part of this and you inspire me to be a better person every day.

I don’t know how long I have left. I hope this is not the last update I can give. I so appreciate anyone for updating the board with Laura’s Facebook posts.Again, God bless all of you. Thank you for remembering me in your prayers. I will remember you always.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/08/19 02:36 AM

You are such a great human being Don,

Especially for a Lawyer! winkngrin

Thank you for taking the time to let ALL the folks who think about , and pray for you, how you are doing.

We love you man....

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/08/19 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Nixer

Thank you for taking the time to let ALL the folks who think about , and pray for you, how you are doing.

We love you man....

Nixer said it best.

God bless.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/08/19 03:17 AM

You and your family are in my prayers Don. God bless you.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/08/19 03:23 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/08/19 03:26 AM

Saying a prayer for you and your family tonight.
Posted By: JimK

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/08/19 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by piper
Originally Posted by Nixer

We love you man....

Nixer said it best.

God bless.

Could not agree more.

We Love you Don.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/08/19 04:23 AM

Don, from an outsider, I just wanted you to know that you've given a good witness to your faith. Love and respect to you.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/08/19 06:31 AM

I will pray for you and your family. When you enter the Kingdom, please tell my Grandfather and Grandmother I love and miss them terribly. Wilbur and Lorianne Kenn. I hope you enjoy your family and are able to share the best of memories with them. I would love to get a picture to put a face to the name. I appreciate the kind words you sent me when I was in the darkest period of my life in 2015. I know it doesn't mean a lot, but truly your words helped me through such a dark valley.
Posted By: franx

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/08/19 10:00 AM

Amen to this. Will remember you Don in our family’s prayers.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/08/19 11:54 AM

You are a wonderful person Don and it just kills me thinking about what your family must be going through. Last night I visited the sticky thread with all of the member photos and found the pictures of you with the basketball team you coached and the photo of you with your family on the couch. It just hit me like a ton of bricks. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/08/19 12:16 PM

Yesterday reading on the facebook page about you managing to get around with the walking frame and the positive vibes in the post, then to come here this morning and read what you posted was a bit of a shock Don.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/08/19 03:09 PM

I'm glad to read your update, Don. I'm so very happy that you are sharing you time, love, and faith with a loving and supporting family. All my best to you and your family, you all are in my prayers.
Posted By: cichlidfan

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/08/19 05:15 PM

Dude. I don't know you except from this forum but I wish you and your family the best thoughts that I can offer. God bless you and yours.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/08/19 05:33 PM

Wow Don. All the rest of us walk around with out knowing our "Expiration Date"
To have it set in front of you, as a hard date, has got to be mind-reeling.

I am sorry for your position, and that your Family will have to go on without you. frown

That said, the positives are your demonstration of Christ-like faith and actions, both to us and your Family.
Plus you have a chance to air out all that needs to be said.
I pray that your Joy will be full, that your time is well spent, that you feel strong and finish strong.
Bless you Brother, you are a great example of humilty and love.

~Bill

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/08/19 05:38 PM

Don, I admire your faith and humanity, and your example helps me with my own troubles, and to better serve.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/08/19 06:41 PM

Don, I don't know you, but I want you to know that your faith has been a strong witness to me. My faith can waiver at times, and it has greatly the past 2 years. Family crisis after family crisis. But the strength you have shown, and peace you find in the Lord has reminded me how important faith is.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/09/19 01:32 AM

Don, I BELIEVE Jesus has a place prepared for you. As you said some time back, "each of us has an expiration date", well this is the Truth. What a Blessing it is to Pray for you everyday, as I have since you first started this journey. What a Blessing to know in the deepest recess of your Heart that your Faith in The Lord is allowing God to welcome you to Himself through Jesus Christ's Sacrificial Preparation for YOU! YOU ARE A BLESSED MAN!

John 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

Jesus is coming for each one that Proclaims Him Lord of their life, confesses their sin, tries to repent that sin and lives the best life that they can. Don, you have been a Blessing to me by helping me Pray more diligently, seeing your Faith and how strongly you hold onto that Faith and seeing how much you Love your family has enriched my view of how God Loves us and how we should Love our Families. Thank you for that Sir. Faith is The Rock that anchors a mans soul and allows him to trust in God's goodness. Now it is time to press on hard in the final stretch and not underestimate Eternity! Don, you will win the prize of God's Heavenly calling in Christ Jesus!!!

Philippians:13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have laid hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize of God’s heavenly calling in Christ Jesus.

Be Blessed my Friend, my Brother in Christ.

Love you Brother and I am still Praying for you and your Family Sir!

Drew<><

Sent you a PM with a little request.

[Linked Image]

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/09/19 03:59 PM

The Faith of the Centurion
(Matthew 8:5-13; John 4:43-54)

When Jesus had concluded His discourse in the hearing of the people, He went to Capernaum. There a highly valued servant of a centurion was sick and about to die. When the centurion heard about Jesus, he sent some Jewish elders to ask Him to come and heal his servant. They came to Jesus and pleaded with Him earnestly, “This man is worthy to have You grant this, for he loves our nation and has built our synagogue.”

So Jesus went with them. But when He was not far from the house, the centurion sent friends with the message: “Lord, do not trouble Yourself, for I am not worthy to have You come under my roof. That is why I did not consider myself worthy to come to You. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell one to go, and he goes; and another to come, and he comes. I tell my servant to do something, and he does it.”

When Jesus heard this, He marveled at the centurion. Turning to the crowd following Him, He said, “I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such great faith!” And when the messengers returned to the house, they found the servant in good health.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/09/19 04:56 PM

We may all come from very different lives but there are some amazing human beings in this Forum, I can't offer more than my prayers for you Don but I hope you get comfort from all of these wonderful souls here.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/09/19 05:16 PM

I can’t say it any better than Blade_Meister did.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/09/19 08:30 PM

Every time I open this thread I just can't find the words.
You and your family are still in my Prayers Don.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/13/19 12:13 AM

Just FYI, today is Don's birthday.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/13/19 12:15 AM

All my best prayers and wishes on your birthday Don.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/13/19 12:19 AM

Hope you have a good birthday Don.

Wheels

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/13/19 04:03 AM

Happy birthday Don.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/13/19 04:48 AM

Happy Birthday Don.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/13/19 04:51 AM

Happy Birthday Don. thumbsup

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/13/19 05:43 AM

Happy Birthday!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/13/19 11:00 AM

Happy Birthday Don !!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/13/19 01:21 PM

Happy Birthday Brother!
Posted By: Chef

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/13/19 01:42 PM

Happy Birthday Don.
Posted By: bones

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/13/19 01:45 PM

Happy birthday. And all the best on your journey to a certainly better realm.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/13/19 07:29 PM

Best wishes !

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/13/19 08:20 PM

Happy Birthday!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/13/19 09:38 PM

Happy Birthday!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/13/19 11:02 PM

Happy Birthday Don! May you celebrate with better health, surrounded with family and friends that you love. May this day shine onto you. My sincere wishes.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/14/19 03:41 AM

Happy belated Birthday Don. Hope you had a good Birthday.

S! Drew

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/14/19 09:53 PM

Happy belated birthday! smile

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/16/19 06:24 AM

God Bless u & family Don
Posted By: BLiTZKRiEG

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/16/19 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Blade_Meister
[Linked Image]

I like that picture very much.

If you guys allow and I bring a third chair, I'd also have three beers for the three of us then smile

ALL THE BEST!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/20/19 04:17 PM

Sadly Don has passed away.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends, he will be missed.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/20/19 04:54 PM

From his wife on Facebook:

He has achieved success who has loved much, who has enjoyed the trust of pure women, the respect of intelligent men , and the love of little children, who has filled his niche and accomplished his task, who has left the world better than he found it, whether by an improved poppy, a perfect poem or a rescued soul, who has never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it, who has always looked for the best in others and given them the best he had, whose life was an inspiration and whose memory, a benediction.
-Bessie Anderson Stanley

My beautiful husband went to where he wanted to go yesterday afternoon. I was holding his right hand and his mom and dad were standing by his left side. His face was so peaceful, more peaceful than I had seen it in a couple of days. He knew how loved and cherished he was by so many. He was at home, this was very important to him. With his white beard and fine nose, He looked like a saint.
The arrangements are yet to be made, probably sometime next week. Please understand that I may not be able to return text and calls right now. The kids are home and we are taking time to grieve. Thank you all your prayers and support. May God bless you all.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/20/19 05:15 PM

Thanks Alicatt.

Lord grant the family comfort in this time. Thanks for letting us get to know Don.
Amen

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/20/19 05:37 PM

Amen.

What a day for bad news. I just got news a fellow paratrooper died of complications of gall bladder surgery and immediately came here to see how Airdrop was doing. I am sorry to hear both slipped into eternity, but I'm sure they are embraced by a Loving and Good God.
Posted By: Coot

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/20/19 05:39 PM

Alicatt, thank you for sharing. Those are profound words and a great display of love from his wife. No words can describe what this man is witnessing right now. He is with his Savior right now forever. Prayers for his family and loved ones who are hurting and who will miss him badly. Thank you Don(Airdrop01) for the gentleman and member you have always been and also, reading your wife's words, thank you above all for being the kind of man, husband and father you have been.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/20/19 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Alicatt
Sadly Don has passed away.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends, he will be missed.

Thank you for this update Alicatt. I just looked at his pics again that he has in the SimHQ sticky thread and it teared me up.

RIP Don. We all miss you.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/20/19 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bill_Grant
Thanks Alicatt.

Lord grant the family comfort in this time. Thanks for letting us get to know Don.
Amen

Amen!

Goodbye Don. I didn't know you well, but you were still my friend.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/20/19 06:23 PM

Thanks for the update.

Goodbye, Airdrop.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/20/19 07:11 PM

Sad news. RIP Don.
Posted By: komemiute

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/20/19 07:27 PM

I only had the utmost respect for you, Airdrop01.
I don't deserve to call you by name- it doesn't feel right.
But I'm so #%&*$# sad to know your gone.
S!

Rest in peace.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/20/19 07:28 PM

Rest In Peace.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/20/19 08:31 PM

Even though I didn't know the man, this is sad news. From his posts, he seemed like a good guy. They are quite a few cancer survivors on this site, I had hoped he would have been another one. RIP and condolences to his family.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/20/19 09:17 PM

Don had the same cancer as my younger brother, my brother was a few years younger than him, he was 46 when he passed away in 2006.

Unlike Don my brother wanted to be alone when he departed, he did not want anyone there to hold him back from leaving and he chased his best friend away, I had driven my wife back to Belgium and I was flying back to Scotland to look after him, but I knew as I left him in the hospital that I would not see him again, it was very hard to walk away that day. As soon as I got away from the house he got a taxi from the hospital and went home.

He told his friend that he felt like a ghoul getting the blood transfusions which were keeping him alive as he could no longer make new red blood cells due to the cancer spreading to his bone marrow, he had told me that getting the transfusions chilled him and made him uncomfortable, all through this he never took any pain medication at all, not even an aspirin, how he managed that I don't know but I do know he was in great pain from it. His friend Graham sat with him until about 1am when my brother chased him home, he was found the next morning by the wife of another friend who had come over to check up on him.

I was just in the air flying back to Glasgow when the news of his passing was sent to my wife, they tried to catch me on the plane and later in the airport but I was focused on getting back home and was making best speed as I had tight timings on the train connections so they missed me. At Queen St. Station I had a few minutes spare so I phoned my wife to say I had arrived safely and she broke the news to me as at the same time the Tannoy called my name to go to customer services. Scotrail upgraded my ticket to first class for the journey up to Inverness which was kind of them.

The doctor informed me that Derek had passed peacefully in his sleep, with the lack of red blood cells not enough oxygen was getting into his system and he would have drifted off into a sleep that he would not wake up from.

Reading about Don just brought the memories flooding back, and the guilt I still feel about not being with Derek when he slipped away, I know that my brother went on his own terms and how he wanted, but it still hurts that I was not there for him.
Posted By: Blade_RJ

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/20/19 10:33 PM

thanks for letting us know Alicatt. Nice to know he left on the comfort of loved ones as oposite to maybe a cold hospital,and that he had time to prepare with unwavered faith.

He will be missed, Rest in peace aidrop.,you were one of the good ones.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/21/19 01:22 AM

[Linked Image]

R.I.P Don!
My Prayers of Comfort and Peace to all of your loved ones. God Bless.

Thanks Alicatt for delivering the FB post from Don's wife.

S!Brother,
Drew<><
Posted By: vocatx

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/21/19 01:23 AM

Good bye, Airdrop. You will be sorely missed here.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/21/19 01:29 AM

Thanks for letting us know Alicatt.
RIP Don, You will be missed greatly.

Wheels

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/21/19 01:54 AM

A man of great dignity and faith.

RIP

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/21/19 01:56 AM

RIP Don.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/21/19 01:29 PM

Sad news, if not unexpected. Thanks for informing us, Alicatt.

Don's in-laws are from my neck of the woods (Zachary, LA) and it was cool having someone on this board who knew my area well, as he mentioned on several of my threads. I thought maybe one day he might be down for a visit and we'd have a quick lunch or something, maybe a po'boy.

"Get some Poor Boy Lloyds and send me some Zapps gator taters (don't like the Crawtaters) and I'm a happy man." - Airdrop01

RIP.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/21/19 02:11 PM

Don (Airdrop) "I’m 47. On May 15 I was diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer"

Don joined SimHQ in 2001. Thank you Don for all your contributions to the SimHQ community and the friendships you shared here. God Bless Don - may your family find strength & comfort.

Having lost a co-worker at age 37 to cancer in 2017 this was tough to take this morning. Please donate if you can to cancer research/assistance organizations.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/21/19 02:17 PM

Well said Haggart.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/21/19 02:54 PM

He is gone to a far better place. RIP sir

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/21/19 02:55 PM

Peace and blue skies.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/21/19 05:01 PM

God Bless him and his Family

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/21/19 06:04 PM

it is amazing to see how many of us were following Don's situation and really cared about his outcome. Rest in peace friend...

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/21/19 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by coasty
it is amazing to see how many of us were following Don's situation and really cared about his outcome..

Stuff like that is one of the reasons why I've been on this site now for 18 years.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/21/19 09:13 PM

Don's wife has posted up the funeral details:

Don's funeral will be Tuesday, February 26th at Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Lenexa Kansas. There will be a Rosary said at 9:30 a.m. followed by a viewing until 11:20. The celebration of the Mass of Christian Burial will begin at 11:30.
Thank you

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/21/19 09:57 PM

Rest in Peace, my brother.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/26/19 11:15 AM

"In lieu of flowers, a donation can be made to The Boy Scouts of America, Catholic Charities, or the Fritschie Children's Education Fund in care of Laura Fritschie -PO Box 14832 Lenexa KS 66285."
Posted By: trindade

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/26/19 11:28 AM

R.I.P. frown
Posted By: Sluggish Controls

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/26/19 04:25 PM

Goodbye Airdrop

Slug

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/27/19 02:40 AM

Farewell, Airdrop. frown
Posted By: Tarnsman

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/27/19 02:53 AM

Rest in Peace Airdrop.
Fair winds and following seas.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/28/19 07:56 AM

The family posted up and shared a tribute to Don

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/28/19 11:42 AM

Thanks for posting that video Alicatt.
Posted By: bones

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/28/19 01:43 PM

RIP, Airdrop01. May you find peace and eternal happiness in your new life.

S!
boNes
Posted By: BD-123

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/28/19 01:47 PM

What a wonderful tribute to the gentleman. Obviously much loved, with a fulfilled family life!

"Permission for stiff upper lip to quiver Sir!"

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/28/19 03:09 PM

Loss for words...except to say wonderful video.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/28/19 10:01 PM

leaves me feeling like I have lost a dear friend. Truly a family man.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/28/19 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by MarkG
Loss for words...except to say wonderful video.

+1

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 02/28/19 10:58 PM

Surely a good Man !!

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 03/01/19 06:22 PM

AWESOME!

A celebration of a good Man.
Prayers of peace and Comfort for the Family. Push on and live a Good Life as your Husband/Father did.

S! Drew <><

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 03/02/19 04:43 PM

well i managed to make it half-way through the vid without any emotion

Salute ! Don ... a life well-lived

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 03/02/19 07:29 PM

A very fine tribute to Airdrop. It's hard to realize that some of us have known each other for over 20 years. I have met face to face, only 2 of the guys I flew with from EAW and IL2 . It really brings home the humanity behind the the forum usernames and avatars.

Rest in peace sir.
Posted By: Fittop

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 03/11/19 03:58 AM

Rest In Peace, Airdrop.
My belated condolences to the family and friends and all of those that have had contact with him here.
I have been checking this thread for news of a fellow flying fan; obviously not often enough.
It is good to know there is so much heart here. I salute you all.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 03/11/19 05:14 AM

Thanks for posting the video Alicatt. Been avoiding watching it since you posted it knowing it was going to be tough to watch.

Wheels
Posted By: Force10

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 04/05/19 05:54 PM

I have to admit, I hesitated on watching the video because I knew it would make me emotional. It was very well done. I'm taking a little bit of comfort knowing that he did a lot of "living" with his time here. Too #%&*$# young.

Rest in Peace Don. <S!>

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 04/05/19 06:17 PM

I think quite often about AirDrop both because of the kind of man he was and also because it makes me think about my own mortality. We've now lost several SimHQ members within the past few years. It's really sobering.

Re: News and Prayers Needed - 04/05/19 11:55 PM

We are all aging, Panzer, and a lot of us have illnesses of various sorts. It's an unpleasant part of getting old, losing old friends. Tony Draper's death shook me up a lot.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums