homepage

Battletech released

Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Battletech released - 04/24/18 08:50 PM

Double posting since I know not everyone checks the OSS gaming forum.

Released today.
$40 on Steam, but I got an email from GMG for 22% off if you didn't participate in the funding to get a copy.

GMG22
https://www.greenmangaming.com/game...itto_S2&utm_content=Battletech_Image

So far this is a pretty amazing game! TBS, RPG and big stompy robots.
The UI on your merc ship is simplified, but covers the bases. Nice interaction with NPC's although it's no Mass Effect. Professional work done on this game.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Battletech released - 04/24/18 10:48 PM

The GMG link doesn't work. Is GMG22 the code?
Posted By: Master

Re: Battletech released - 04/24/18 11:14 PM

Yes, put the game in your cart then go to checkout and input the GMG22 and it will give you a voucher code to reduce the game by 22% (down to 31.xx ish)
Posted By: Clydewinder

Re: Battletech released - 04/24/18 11:32 PM

downloading now

[Linked Image]

Re: Battletech released - 04/25/18 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
The GMG link doesn't work. Is GMG22 the code?

Sorry, not paying attention. Yes on the code as mentioned.

Re: Battletech released - 04/25/18 02:12 AM

OK, first match my light lance vs AI lance. I lose Centurion and Locust early on but my Cataphract and one-armed Vindicator manage to even the odds, taking out a Firestarter and Cicada. Taking a ton of damage from AC5 Shadowhawk while LRM Griffin is shredding armor. As a last ditch, my Vindicator executes a textbook Death From Above move on the Shadowhawk, cockpit critical hit and pilot killed. Cataphract bogged down in a river so I jumpjet the Vindicator up and pick off the Griffin with a PPC shot.

This game is fricking cool

Re: Battletech released - 04/25/18 04:51 AM

I'm just playing the campaign, but it's pretty incredible. One of the best strategy games IMO. Not overly complex, but loaded with detail where it counts. Fun from the start, unlike the huge management 4X resource gathering games. I like dealing with salvage and keeping cost in mind. It completely changes the game from the beta. Excellent maps too. TONS of fun so far.
Posted By: - Ice

Re: Battletech released - 04/25/18 07:09 AM

One more night shift then one week off for gaming! smile
Posted By: Nixer

Re: Battletech released - 04/25/18 02:29 PM

I am not seeing anywhere to input this GMG22 thingie.

Re: Battletech released - 04/25/18 05:26 PM

It was on the checkout screen if i remember correctly
Posted By: WharfRat

Re: Battletech released - 04/26/18 02:35 PM

Damned sad.. I bought it pre-release and have been too busy to even download it yet...............

Re: Battletech released - 04/26/18 03:32 PM

Don't feel sad. I've yet to play it myself. Too tired from work, maybe in a few hours.
Posted By: Wallimiyama

Re: Battletech released - 04/27/18 02:35 PM

Finally got to play a couple of hours last night... LOVING IT!

Re: Battletech released - 04/27/18 09:11 PM

I love how this makes much more sense than MWO. Brawling isn’t the way to go here, too expensive in c-bills and hospital time for the pilots. I got 2 of my pilots stuck with a 2 month recovery time yesterday. Building up some reserve mechs though, if I can keep them in parts. Getting to where I need some heavier mechs, they send a lot of bad guys out now. I have a pair of Shadowhawks, but that’s the biggest I’ve got still.

Re: Battletech released - 04/28/18 12:34 AM

Would be nice to be able to field injured pilots. I wonder if that's possible later in the game?

Re: Battletech released - 04/28/18 01:15 AM

Upgrading guts makes them tougher, they don’t get as easily injured. The repair times while paying the bills is tough to stomach. LOL

Re: Battletech released - 04/28/18 02:10 AM

Yep! I'm glad they stuck to the lore regarding transit times, but damn!!
Posted By: Master

Re: Battletech released - 04/28/18 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
Upgrading guts makes them tougher, they don’t get as easily injured. The repair times while paying the bills is tough to stomach. LOL

I keep two mechs in storage that take 3 days to bring out in case my mains go down. I've got my money up to almost 10m so having a month of down time isnt that bad. I just make sure I do several easy missions with the money jacked up to recover and hope I dont get a pilot injury.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums