homepage

Ridley Scott films

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Ridley Scott films - 03/21/18 06:20 PM

Which of these films of his have you seen?

I must admit that while I admire a lot of his work there are a bunch of films that he's directed that I have not seen.
Posted By: axman

Re: Ridley Scott films - 03/21/18 06:44 PM

I've seen all but five of them. One of my all time favorite directors.
Posted By: DBond

Re: Ridley Scott films - 03/21/18 08:00 PM

When I first saw the topic I was all like, but he's just an infant, how many films could he have? Or is it just film of him with a pacifier or something. Like home movies that Bones was sharing....

I've seen 4 and half of those movies. Yeah, not much of a movie guy.

Ooops, 3 1/2 as that's not "I Am Legend"
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Ridley Scott films - 03/22/18 04:02 AM

Only seen 6 and I didn't know he was the director of any of them except Alien.

• Alien
  • Someone to Watch Over Me
  • Black Rain
  • Thelma & Louise
  • Gladiator
  • A Good Year

"A Good Year" was a quirky movie that I didn't intend to watch but came across it and decided to give it a watch because I saw Albert Finney was in it.
He had impressed me enough playing Churchill in "The Gathering Storm" to give this one a chance. I had no idea until this thread who had directed it but I do know I found it a highly enjoyable film to watch.

Wheels
Posted By: DM

Re: Ridley Scott films - 03/22/18 11:57 AM

Was one of my favourites but I dislike his Alien revisits. Enjoyed The Martian the most from his recent films.
Posted By: kaa

Re: Ridley Scott films - 03/22/18 01:01 PM

Most of you should highly enjoy The Duellists, the story of a 20 years long unbreakable hate between two officers of the napolenic army, from a novel (great of course) written by Joseph Conrad.

Re: Ridley Scott films - 03/22/18 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by kaa
Most of you should highly enjoy The Duellists, the story of a 20 years long unbreakable hate between two officers of the napolenic army, from a novel (great of course) written by Joseph Conrad.

I love that historical time period so much that essentially any movie or tv show that takes place during that time I will watch as long as it involves a military aspect.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Ridley Scott films - 03/22/18 02:18 PM

12 of them, not that all were great. Many were. I don’t think he has good judgment revisiting his movies, that’s when he loses it.

Re: Ridley Scott films - 03/22/18 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
I don’t think he has good judgment revisiting his movies, that’s when he loses it.

Agreed. There were some things about Prometheus and Covenant that I liked but overall I think they hurt the franchise from a quality perspective.
Posted By: DM

Re: Ridley Scott films - 03/22/18 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I love that historical time period so much that essentially any movie or tv show that takes place during that time I will watch as long as it involves a military aspect.

Often happens to me that I'll latch onto a particular historical aspect that translates to games too - Das Boot turned me on to Silent Hunter 3 (in German wink :D) and Waterloo turned me on to Total War - Napoleon.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Ridley Scott films - 03/22/18 02:28 PM

I saw somewhere he might revisit Gladiator and wants to bring back Russell Crowe somehow. I think he should leave a great movie alone. It’s really odd how brilliant his movies can be just to come back as if he wants to sabotage it.

Re: Ridley Scott films - 03/22/18 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by DM

Often happens to me that I'll latch onto a particular historical aspect that translates to games too - Das Boot turned me on to Silent Hunter 3 (in German wink :D) and Waterloo turned me on to Total War - Napoleon.

Absolutely! I know what you mean very well. Here are a few of my examples:

Ran, Kagemusha - Total War Shogun 2

Barry Lyndon, Last of the Mohicans - Total War Empire

Rome (tv series) - Total War Rome 2

Re: Ridley Scott films - 03/22/18 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
It’s really odd how brilliant his movies can be just to come back as if he wants to sabotage it.

Yeah really, I thought only George Lucas and Steven Spielberg did crap like that.
Posted By: bones

Re: Ridley Scott films - 03/23/18 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by DBond
When I first saw the topic I was all like, but he's just an infant, how many films could he have? Or is it just film of him with a pacifier or something. Like home movies that Bones was sharing....

Haha looks like he's already made an impression!

PM, would you include his TV series too, like "Taboo" and "The Horror"?

v6,
boNes

Re: Ridley Scott films - 03/23/18 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by bones

PM, would you include his TV series too, like "Taboo" and "The Horror"?

v6,
boNes

In this case not really. smile I just had his cinematic/feature film legacy in mind when I created the poll.
Posted By: cichlidfan

Re: Ridley Scott films - 03/23/18 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by bones
Haha looks like he's already made an impression!

Of course he has. Most of us are probably too old to have, or want, an infant in our homes. However, that does not prevent us from enjoying the presence of one in another person's household.

wink
© 2024 SimHQ Forums