homepage

Ollolai village on the Mediterranean isle of Sardinia located just off the coast of Italy Is Selling Houses for $1.25 each

Posted By: Haggart

Ollolai village on the Mediterranean isle of Sardinia located just off the coast of Italy Is Selling Houses for $1.25 each - 02/02/18 04:37 AM

This very special deal is only through Feb 7, 2018.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/you-can-now-buy-a-home-in-italy-for-just-1-2018-02-01
Posted By: BD-123

Re: Ollolai village on the Mediterranean isle of Sardinia located just off the coast of Italy Is Selling Houses for $1.25 each - 02/02/18 10:55 AM

"Of course, there is a catch. Buyers must commit to refurbishing their $1.25 home within three years, which will likely come with an estimated $25,000 additional expense."
Still sounds like a good deal to be had!
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Ollolai village on the Mediterranean isle of Sardinia located just off the coast of Italy Is Selling Houses for $1.25 each - 02/02/18 11:15 AM

I can see why the population of that remote town is declining. Unless you are a retiree who doesn’t have to worry about finding a job, why would you live there?
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: Ollolai village on the Mediterranean isle of Sardinia located just off the coast of Italy Is Selling Houses for $1.25 each - 02/02/18 12:57 PM

we were looking at this last year, some of the properties are little more than a garage and there does not seem to be much infrastructure to support a "modern" lifestyle.

Very much like where we were in Catalonia last summer, abandoned houses and even whole settlements left to time's embrace. The nearest baker and shops were a 20 minute drive from the village we were staying in and we had to pass through another two villages on the way there. as for internet... standing on the roof terrace you could just get a 3g signal on the phone smile

Re: Ollolai village on the Mediterranean isle of Sardinia located just off the coast of Italy Is Selling Houses for $1.25 each - 02/02/18 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Alicatt
and there does not seem to be much infrastructure to support a "modern" lifestyle.

Bingo. What is happening here at a fundamental level is that people have changed as far as what kind of lifestyle they want and which lifestyle they don't want. Europe has many of these very old and tiny villages/hamlets that really are incompatible now with mainstream society. I say "mainstream" because you will always have exceptions. There will always be a few people who want to get away from it all and live a very simple bohemian lifestyle.

Re: Ollolai village on the Mediterranean isle of Sardinia located just off the coast of Italy Is Selling Houses for $1.25 each - 02/02/18 02:20 PM

The village of Alos De Balaguer where we were, our house is in the bottom of the gorge about 20m above the river, the building on top of the hill was a castle at one time, there are lots of them around this area.

[Linked Image]

Deserted house on one of the roads to a nearby village... at least that village had a shop and a bar in it smile

[Linked Image]

another deserted village and castle just a few km from where we were.

[Linked Image]

Bunker from the last time Catalonia fought for it's independence from Spain

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Haggart

Re: Ollolai village on the Mediterranean isle of Sardinia located just off the coast of Italy Is Selling Houses for $1.25 each - 02/02/18 02:22 PM

interesting Panzer - i was talking with my son last night about the possibilities of why this offer is being made and we came to a similar conclusion as you did

Re: Ollolai village on the Mediterranean isle of Sardinia located just off the coast of Italy Is Selling Houses for $1.25 each - 02/02/18 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Haggart
interesting Panzer - i was talking with my son last night about the possibilities of why this offer is being made and we came to a similar conclusion as you did

Great American minds think alike! MAGA!!!

@Alicatt - Thanks for sharing those great pictures. Life there seems like it would be running in slow motion. smile
Posted By: Dart

Re: Ollolai village on the Mediterranean isle of Sardinia located just off the coast of Italy Is Selling Houses for $1.25 each - 02/02/18 03:11 PM

Plus it's in Italy, and the people there talk wrong. It's like they have a different word for everything.

Re: Ollolai village on the Mediterranean isle of Sardinia located just off the coast of Italy Is Selling Houses for $1.25 each - 02/02/18 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

@Alicatt - Thanks for sharing those great pictures. Life there seems like it would be running in slow motion. smile

The Spanish didn't come up with mañana for nothing biggrin
Posted By: TychosElk

Re: Ollolai village on the Mediterranean isle of Sardinia located just off the coast of Italy Is Selling Houses for $1.25 each - 02/02/18 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dart
Plus it's in Italy, and the people there talk wrong. It's like they have a different word for everything.

Sardinians 'talk wrong' even by Italian standards. From Wikipedia:
Sardinian (sardu, limba sarda, lingua sarda) or Sard is the primary indigenous Romance language spoken on most of the island of Sardinia (Italy). Among the Romance languages, it is considered one of the closest genealogical descendants, if not the closest, to Latin. However, it also incorporates a Pre-Latin (mostly Paleo-Sardinian, also known as Nuragic, and, to a much lesser degree, Punic) substratum, and a Byzantine Greek, Catalan, Spanish and Italian superstratum due to the past political membership of the island, first falling into the Iberian sphere of influence and later towards the Italian one.

Sardinian language

Re: Ollolai village on the Mediterranean isle of Sardinia located just off the coast of Italy Is Selling Houses for $1.25 each - 02/02/18 07:52 PM

Some useless trivia for a slow Friday afternoon. biggrin

A significant part of the Bond film "The Spy Who Loved Me" was shot in Sardinia.
Posted By: Blade_RJ

Re: Ollolai village on the Mediterranean isle of Sardinia located just off the coast of Italy Is Selling Houses for $1.25 each - 02/02/18 09:32 PM

as long as they have gameble internet i dont mind, i imagine they remain deserted becouse those ruins are historical patrimony and they can't build around it ? here in rio de janeiro we have some colonial buildings that works normally as cafeteria,lan house etc, you just must preserve the aesthetics, its really odd, or you will find a new building and a piece of an old building next to it. lots of the areas of the port were left behind because industrialization moved away from there, but no one could innovate becouse they were historical patrimony so you couldnt bring them down.......there are still a bunch of old warehouses left to the dust there,most with only the walls left standing. lots of space wasted,could had made them at least a museum or library, we really need libraries in this city, its a shame.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums