homepage

I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu !

Posted By: Haggart

I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 12/29/17 11:01 PM

My co-worker is Vietnamese and knows where to get really good lemon-grass tofu. I bet him at the beginning of the year when oil was $50.00/bbl (+/-) that by the end of the year on the last trading day of 2017 oil would be at least $60.00 bbl at the closing bell. He said no way. I said yes way and we shook hands and sealed the bet on who would be buying the tofu.

Crude Oil - Electronic Feb 2018
CLG8
60.10 USD 0.21 (0.35%) 05:00:00 PM EST

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Dart

Re: I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 12/29/17 11:58 PM

You won tofu. Tofu. yay.
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 12/30/17 12:25 AM

It could end up being a Pyrrhic victory.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 12/30/17 12:27 AM

It’s like a Californian version of the No Win Scenario.
Posted By: Blade_Meister

Re: I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 12/30/17 02:02 AM

I am curious Haggart, do those that have fought Diablo usually consume TOFU and let it be Publicly known? RTFM

S!Blade<><

Re: I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 12/30/17 02:29 AM

yes ... Tofu will put hair on your chest !
Posted By: Pooch

Re: I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 12/30/17 03:59 AM

I'm trying to think where I've seen the words, "Really good," and "Tofu," in the same sentence before.
Posted By: cichlidfan

Re: I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 12/30/17 06:41 AM

Tofu is good. However, lemon grass is one of the few flavors that I cannot eat under any circumstances.
Posted By: VF9_Longbow

Re: I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 12/30/17 06:58 AM

You guys have no idea how good tofu can be - you have really got to try proper Asian recipes, especially the spicy stuff from certain regions of China, or Japan's adaptations of it.

Try Mabo Dofu, a Japanese copy of a Chinese spicy tofu dish. Man is that ever good. The tofu sucks up the chili oil and each bite is an explosion of flavor.
Posted By: Chef

Re: I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 12/30/17 12:21 PM

A friend of mine and I ate at a Thai place Thursday and I got the crispy tofu. It really was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. About 20 1 inch sized pieces that were very savory with crumbled peanuts sprinkled on a bed of greens. $6. We WILL be getting them again.
Posted By: - Ice

Re: I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 12/30/17 09:46 PM

I'm Asian and never really liked tofu... maybe lemon-grass tofu tastes better?

Re: I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 01/02/18 06:53 PM

tofu when prepared by someone who knows what they're doing tastes awesome and soy protein is good for you & without cholesterol
Posted By: letterboy1

Re: I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 01/02/18 07:35 PM

Replace those chopsticks with a fork and count me in! smile

Re: I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 01/02/18 11:13 PM

"It is by coffee alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Valdez that thoughts acquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by coffee alone I set my mind in motion."

hmmm.... reading
Posted By: Falstar

Re: I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 01/02/18 11:26 PM

Tofu? I thought you said you WON the bet.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 01/03/18 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Haggart
"It is by coffee alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Valdez that thoughts acquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by coffee alone I set my mind in motion."

hmmm.... reading

I assume you get the reference Letterboy is making? wink

Re: I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 01/04/18 04:10 AM

reference to the Mentats of Dune ? replacement for AI i suppose
Posted By: MarkG

Re: I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 01/04/18 04:40 AM

I don't think I've ever eaten tofu, I'd try that dish.

I try to eat every meal I can with chopsticks to slow myself down, but I don't know how effective it is anymore since developing longtime awesome chopstick skills. smile

On an Asian side note: After making homemade soups during our recent back-to-back colonoscopies, we're now trying a variety of soups including wonton and egg drop, with varying success. Not quite as good as a typical Chinese or Japanese restaurant soup, but we're working on it.

Also wanting to get back to wok cooking, stir-fry veggies and shrimp, delicious! readytoeat

Re: I Won the Bet - I Get Free Tofu ! - 01/04/18 04:56 AM

Go to grocery store and get some extra firm tofu. Cut it into 1/4" slices. Heat up thin layer of olive oil in a pan and add some Tamari sauce and sprinkle red pepper and toss in the slices of tofu. Pan fry them in the mixture for 10 min turning them over at half time. If you want instead of olive oil fry the slices in sesame oil. Better than red pepper you can make a mixture of Vietnamese garlic chili sauce, tamari and sesame oil then heat that up and pan fry the tofu in it. Don't use too much of the Vietnamese chili garlic sauce or you'll melt your tongue
© 2024 SimHQ Forums