homepage

Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2

Posted By: No Fear

Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 09:39 AM

Long overdue too if you ask me.

Skip to 55th second of the video.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 10:11 AM

So who will be the main enemy? I'm assuming North Korea?
Posted By: DM

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 10:24 AM

Lets hope they confirm the whole gay undertone of the first. smile

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by DM
Lets hope they confirm the whole gay undertone of the first. smile

The sequel most definitely needs an awkward volleyball scene!!
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 11:37 AM

I've never understood the "gay" claims about that scene. If it were a bunch of women playing volleyball would it have been lesbian?

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by F4UDash4
I've never understood the "gay" claims about that scene. If it were a bunch of women playing volleyball would it have been lesbian?

I think what did it was the Kenny Loggins song being titled "Playing with the boys". It just gave it that vibe. biggrin
Posted By: Dick Dastardly

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 11:53 AM

Posted By: Bib4Tuna

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 12:41 PM

I'll be interesting to see how the develop this. As much as I like them F/A-18E/Fs (and F-35s are flying video games), they are not as sexy as an F-14. If they go for the pilots Vs drone operators... I will seep during the drone scenes.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 12:43 PM

The volleyball scene was definitely weird, but something for all of the wives and girlfriends that got dragged to the movie. LOL
Like a romantic comedy chick flick that finds a reason for a busty chick in a bikini to show up for the women characters to admit that even they would do her.
Wouldn't it be hilarious though to have the original actors going out there to play, shirtless and out of shape, graying/balding, throwing out backs, hurting knees etc.

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bib4Tuna
If they go for the pilots Vs drone operators... I will seep during the drone scenes.

Hollywood directors and producers know that would be utterly boring for audiences so I would bet money on the fact that route will not be taken. My guess is they will go with the Super Hornets or the F-35.
Posted By: Chef

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 12:51 PM

Well I don't think Kelly McGillis will be returning for the second one. She hasn't held up well over the years and she switched to the "other team". Not sure she could bring herself to kiss Tommy. I don't think she cares for the attention of her "fans" either.

Woman accused of attacking Top Gun actress found guilt of B&E

[Linked Image]

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 12:54 PM

Wow. Time has not been kind to her. Tom Cruise though I'm convinced has some alien super powers that help him look young.

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by F4UDash4

I think what did it was the Kenny Loggins song being titled "Playing with the boys". It just gave it that vibe. biggrin

I've never been into pop music so I never made that connection.

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 01:26 PM

Tom Cruise though I'm convinced has some alien super powers that help him look young.

That's the power of Xenu!

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 01:30 PM

If they go for the pilots Vs drone operators... I will seep during the drone scenes.

Hollywood directors and producers know that would be utterly boring for audiences so I would bet money on the fact that route will not be taken. My guess is they will go with the Super Hornets or the F-35.

Noooo....not the "autopilot/ combat computer has been shot/sabotaged/has a virus, so we need to fight on visual...or go refurbish some old planes in the museum to use them in the fight" cliche!
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 03:03 PM

How much CGI will be used ?
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 03:09 PM

Don't know why the volleyball scene gets so much flack. I remember back in the 80s when I was on a school trip in eighth grade to south Georgia, and when that scene came on the bus television screens, ALL the women on the bus screamed and were absolutely fawning over the men. Mission accomplished, I guess, getting women to watch a badass man's movie. smile

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by LB4LB
How much CGI will be used ?

My educated guess is that it will be a 50/50 split between CGI and real practical efffects. The insurance/liability costs now are simply too high for a film to go 100% real.

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 03:34 PM

I loved how the movie Hot Shot's lampooned it. I'll take Flight of the Intruder over it any day.

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 06:43 PM

Noooo....not the "autopilot/ combat computer has been shot/sabotaged/has a virus, so we need to fight on visual...or go refurbish some old planes in the museum to use them in the fight" cliche!

Attached picture 2005_stealth_wallpaper_001-750x600.jpg
Posted By: wormfood

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 11:01 PM

Too long overdue. Maybe this sequel will just be some of the major characters filling out forms and waiting in line at the VA.
Posted By: reconmercs

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 11:39 PM

I'm all for a new aviation movie.. but I think it may be too much of time gap for this one. Plus the rumored director isn't last two movies weren't any good and relied way too much on CGI.
Posted By: - Ice

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/26/17 11:49 PM

I think the most important question here is what aircraft will they be using?

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/27/17 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by - Ice
I think the most important question here is what aircraft will they be using?

F-18's I imagine. And I would bet they'll sneak in some CGI F-35C's.
Posted By: WangoTango

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/27/17 12:43 AM

Im probably the only SimHQ member who hasn't watch The original. Remember seeing part of it, but never completely watched it.

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/27/17 12:48 AM

As far as I am concerned Top Gun is the aviation film we love to hate (and hate to love!), Sure it had it's flaws but in my opinion it was THE film that made a lot of people love fighter jets,and made them want to live similar thrills by playing flight simulation games.

I cannot be sure about the plot of Top Gun 2.Rumors over the years were about a female pilot behaving like Maverick while Maverick (Tom Cruise) was CO of Top Gun at Miramar.
There have been rumors (like many of you mentioned) of drones,F/A-18s etc.Who is to say?We'll have to wait and see.

One thing is certain though,and that is that Jerry Bruckheimer and Tom Cruise will do their best to make it work and make it a hit.And like I said,it is long overdue (probably one of the reasons is Tony Scot's death) but still worth waiting for.

And it was first confirmed on Oct 19, 2016 (towards the end of this video) :

Posted By: Crane Hunter

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/27/17 01:35 AM

This would have to be much better than I expect for me to even want to watch it for free.
Posted By: Tazz

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/27/17 02:46 AM

I'm sure it's going to be dreadful. In this day and age, it will be all CGI. And name me one Tom Cruise sequel that actually improved on the preceding movie?

As an aviation nut, I do still like the original Top Gun. I really don't care about the plot and certainly not about the love scenes (thank goodness for fast forward) - but the aerial scenes were masterfully filmed and I just love seeing Scooters and Tomcats. I guess because CGI wasn't that good, they had no choice but to use actual aircraft and it's obvious the movie got full support from the US Navy.
Posted By: bolox

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/27/17 09:04 AM

you mean like this
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/27/17 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by wormfood
Too long overdue. Maybe this sequel will just be some of the major characters filling out forms and waiting in line at the VA.

That's going to require some serious time compression / editing! rolleyes

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/27/17 11:22 PM

What about the most important part ? Who will be on the soundtrack ? Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, or something like Rihanna , Drake ? bananadance

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/27/17 11:25 PM

The last few Mission Impossible movies have been really good. Only the 2nd one sucked. Like him or not, Cruise doesn't make many bad movies. They might not all be Last Samurai level, but almost always entertaining. IF you can make a good sequel of TG, he'll bleed to make it right.

Kenny Loggins is still king of soundtracks, bring him back!

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/27/17 11:33 PM

Bloomberg's thoughts:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-25/the-new-top-gun-is-probably-a-bad-idea
Posted By: kestrel79

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/28/17 04:33 AM

The beginning of Top Gun is the pinnacle of moving making for me and made me love aviation and military planes the minute I saw it when I was a kid. I am posting on a flight sim message board on a Saturday night because of Top Gun :)The intro song and the planes starting up and getting ready for takeoff, then Danger Zone kicks in. God it's so cool! Perfect song for that scene. Still gives me goosebumps haha.

Have the movie take place at Top Gun again, with Mav in the Jester/Viper role. End of the movie they get deployed to a warzone in F35s or something new and get shot down...the country they land on has old F14s or something in the hanger and they bust them out and kick ass and save the day. Haha I know it's cheezy and not realistic but would be badass.
Posted By: Coot

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/28/17 02:53 PM

I could be wrong but I have a feeling Tom to the best of his abilities would insist that real aircraft footage be used as much as possible. That's what I hope for because nothing is better than the real aerial photography of The Final Countdown and Top Gun. I really, really hope they are careful and don't allow the sequel to be a characterization of itself and intentionally cheesy. I'd prefer no CGI scenes at all and for them to go back to model making and miniatures. If anything maybe some CGI for post process stuff but I like and prefer looking at the real thing and I appreciate good model work. There's just something magical and certainly more tangible about good quality, traditional FX. I also hope that the aircraft featured is NOT the F-35. I'd like to see the movie give a hats off to the other workhorses that are still putting in the time and that are still operational.

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/28/17 04:28 PM

I think we'll see more real shots and models over cgi in general. It worked well for SWTFA. That would become a selling point these days.
F18 ftw, IMO. Working F14's in somehow really would be cool. Like how in Space Cowboys they needed the analog trained astronauts to fix the satellite, and the WWII vets in Battleship for the Iowa class, they could be stuck with F14's and need Mav, Ice Man, Merlin, Goos....oops. Not Goose....to run a mission.
Posted By: Crane Hunter

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/28/17 05:35 PM

They should have made it a prequel revolving around Maverick's father, Duke Mitchell, serving aboard the Oriskany in Vietnam with Viper. As the Topgun program started in 1969 there's no reason why it couldn't be included.
Posted By: Jayhawk

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/28/17 06:58 PM

My plug for a script:

It's 2019. Turkey was kicked out of NATO and formed some sort of alliance with Saudi-Arabia and Russia (as "silent partner"). The Iranian President has always secretly been a pro-western secularist, and manages to start a coup that get's rid of the theocratic leaders, which results in a short, but intense civil war, which makes Iran firmly pro-Western, but also weakens its military considerably.

Premise: Saudi-Arabia and Turkey try to seize the opportunity by dealing a heavy blow to Shia Islam, and are on the brink of invading Iran. The US and NATO can not really intervene due to their ties with the Saudis, and for fear of an escalation with Russia. Nevertheless, a Carrier battle group (with a MEU attached as a further deterrent) has been deployed to the Indian Ocean near the Persian Gulf.

Story: Maverick is commanding NSAWC at NAS Fallon, very close to retirement. He is supervising his last "Top Gun" class, with Goose's son being just as difficult as Maverick himself was and so on. The class is now a mix of Navy and Marines pilots, with the Navy still flying Super Hornets and the Marines already transitioned to F-35's. There will be tension between Goose's son and some other hotshot but arrogant pilot over yet another hotshot female pilot, and Maverick has to set his head straight on several occasions.

Mid-movie Volleyball game.

Shortly before the class is concluded, the pilots are being recalled to the Carrier battle group in the Gulf because tensions are high. A joint Saudi/Turkey operation against the newly pro-Western Iran is imminent.

Meanwhile, we learn that Iceman had left the Navy and is now working with a contractor that is upgrading Iran's remaining F-14's to Super Tomcat 21 status.

When the Saudi-Turkish Alliance launches their assault, the pilots of the Carrier battle group begin engaging their aircraft. Unfortunately, a Russian hacker group managed to introduce a virus into the F-35 computers, making them inoperational. Maverick, who had been visiting Iceman in Iran convinces Ice to join him leading a flight of Iranian Tomcats (and their rather inexperienced young post-coup pilots) to cover for the F-35's protecting the MEU and their sector. They arrive in the nick of time. Of course they succeed, and when technicians finally manage to get rid of the virus, the F-35's join the fray, and a Turkey shoot (pun alert !!!) begins.

They win, Saudi-Arabia and Turkey lose 95% of their air forces and have to sue for peace.

Maverick and Iceman fly off into the sunset with the Tomcats. Roll credits...to 80's rock music.

biggrin biggrin

tomcat
Posted By: WangoTango

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/28/17 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by LB4LB
What about the most important part ? Who will be on the soundtrack ? Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, or something like Rihanna , Drake ? bananadance

That's enough to keep me away right there.
Posted By: RossUK

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/28/17 10:44 PM

F-14's shouldn't be used unless its in the same era as the original, clearly then the real flying footage not likely.

Now......what's the sexy looking equivalent in 5th generation......I give you the F-22 Raptor. I would watch the film just for that alone.

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/29/17 11:40 AM

I think they should still use the style of the first movie's soundtrack and build off of that continuing the feel and theme of the synth stuff as well as including classic rock stuff placed tastefully. The Righteous Brothers have a bunch of other hits. Anyhow I think the the sequel should still sound like and give off this vibe:

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/29/17 02:55 PM

But no singing scene please. It was ok then but has been beaten to death in movies and tv since then. Usually a sign that the show is scraping the bottom of the barrel for gimmicks and hasn't got anything original for the audience to laugh at.
Posted By: DBond

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/29/17 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by kestrel79
the country they land on has old F14s or something in the hanger and they bust them out and kick ass and save the day.

I can definitely see this.

{some problem/conflict]

Mav: 'But we have to do something!"

Wise old sympathetic indiginous type "Come with me"

Cut to wide shot of an old hangar as the doors are slid apart. Inside are two large object covered with tarps

The tarps are pulled off revealing a pair of Tomcats

Mav gives a knowing glance to his sidekick Duck

Mav "Can they fly?"

Cue after-burner takeoff and a shot of Mav with a wide smile

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/29/17 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
But no singing scene please. It was ok then but has been beaten to death in movies and tv since then. Usually a sign that the show is scraping the bottom of the barrel for gimmicks and hasn't got anything original for the audience to laugh at.

Ok, the scene will be canceled, as will be the Beach Volleyball scene. Instead, there will be a 5 minute scene at the NSAWC's Officer's Pilates class (one of the last all-male bastions in the Navy). Maverick will be teaching the class. Happy? smile smile

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/29/17 06:57 PM

Probably they'll go the route of some extreme sport. Rock climbing or the like.
Posted By: kestrel79

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/30/17 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jayhawk
My plug for a script:

It's 2019. Turkey was kicked out of NATO and formed some sort of alliance with Saudi-Arabia and Russia (as "silent partner"). The Iranian President has always secretly been a pro-western secularist, and manages to start a coup that get's rid of the theocratic leaders, which results in a short, but intense civil war, which makes Iran firmly pro-Western, but also weakens its military considerably.

Premise: Saudi-Arabia and Turkey try to seize the opportunity by dealing a heavy blow to Shia Islam, and are on the brink of invading Iran. The US and NATO can not really intervene due to their ties with the Saudis, and for fear of an escalation with Russia. Nevertheless, a Carrier battle group (with a MEU attached as a further deterrent) has been deployed to the Indian Ocean near the Persian Gulf.

Story: Maverick is commanding NSAWC at NAS Fallon, very close to retirement. He is supervising his last "Top Gun" class, with Goose's son being just as difficult as Maverick himself was and so on. The class is now a mix of Navy and Marines pilots, with the Navy still flying Super Hornets and the Marines already transitioned to F-35's. There will be tension between Goose's son and some other hotshot but arrogant pilot over yet another hotshot female pilot, and Maverick has to set his head straight on several occasions.

Shortly before the class is concluded, the pilots are being recalled to the Carrier battle group in the Gulf because tensions are high. A joint Saudi/Turkey operation against the newly pro-Western Iran is imminent.

Meanwhile, we learn that Iceman had left the Navy and is now working with a contractor that is upgrading Iran's remaining F-14's to Super Tomcat 21 status.

When the Saudi-Turkish Alliance launches their assault, the pilots of the Carrier battle group begin engaging their aircraft. Unfortunately, a Russian hacker group managed to introduce a virus into the F-35 computers, making them inoperational. Maverick, who had been visiting Iceman in Iran convinces Ice to join him leading a flight of Iranian Tomcats (and their rather inexperienced young post-coup pilots) to cover for the F-35's protecting the MEU and their sector. They arrive in the nick of time. Of course they succeed, and when technicians finally manage to get rid of the virus, the F-35's join the fray, and a Turkey shoot (pun alert !!!) begins.

They win, Saudi-Arabia and Turkey lose 95% of their air forces and have to sue for peace.

Maverick and Iceman fly off into the sunset with the Tomcats. Roll credits...to 80's rock music.

biggrin biggrin

tomcat

Awesome! Take this to Hollywood haha, love it.

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 05/30/17 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite

Ok, the scene will be canceled, as will be the Beach Volleyball scene. Instead, there will be a 5 minute scene at the NSAWC's Officer's Pilates class (one of the last all-male bastions in the Navy). Maverick will be teaching the class. Happy? smile smile

Are you guys saying that Tom Cruise doesn't sing just as good as Freddy Mercury?

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/01/17 10:15 PM

I think it would be pretty cool if they started the movie with a camera pan down towards a front HUD view of Maverick with him saying "Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees".

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/02/17 03:02 PM

THAT they can carry over. They need to have an homage to Tom Skerritt.
And I want Michael Ironside still around busting Mavericks balls.
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/02/17 03:21 PM

Since Iran operates the only flyable F-14's and then only a handful of them to be sure, it's unlikely that there will be any F-14's flying in the new movie

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/02/17 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by KRT_Bong
Since Iran operates the only flyable F-14's and then only a handful of them to be sure, it's unlikely that there will be any F-14's flying in the new movie

Unless of course they are CGI or models.
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/02/17 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by KRT_Bong

Unless of course they are CGI or models.

Or previously recorded footage.

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/02/17 09:40 PM

Or the Navy snubbed Rumsfeld and secretly kept a squadron of F-14D's airworthy......

One can dream, no?

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/03/17 04:25 PM

A lot of things revealed in the above video by Tom Cruise!

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni61165660...&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_nw_tp2

“Aviators are back, the need for speed. We’re going to have big, fast machines. It’s going to be a competition film, like the first one … but a progression for Maverick,” Cruise teased.

And the new official title is not Top Gun 2 BUT Top Gun: Maverick!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1745960/

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/05/17 11:02 PM

Sounds like they are coming from the same place we are with their treatment of it which is promising. Its being scored by the same composer so that's outstanding! I liked Tom's answer, "There's going to be jets...there's going to be jets....there's going to be jets." Yes please. Jets, noooooo drones! I'd love for them to pay homage to Skerritt and Ironside and McGillis and Tolkan. They wouldn't have to be big just small little nods to them sewn throughout the movie would be awesome. I also like the name! It sounds like they are trying to be classy and not cheesy with the vision and that makes me happy.

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/06/17 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Coot
Sounds like they are coming from the same place we are with their treatment of it which is promising. Its being scored by the same composer so that's outstanding! I liked Tom's answer, "There's going to be jets...there's going to be jets....there's going to be jets." Yes please. Jets, noooooo drones! I'd love for them to pay homage to Skerritt and Ironside and McGillis and Tolkan. They wouldn't have to be big just small little nods to them sewn throughout the movie would be awesome. I also like the name! It sounds like they are trying to be classy and not cheesy with the vision and that makes me happy.

Actually, Tom Cruise was reluctant to answer the interviewer's 'Will there be drones?' question.

Still, I remain hopeful.

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/06/17 11:02 AM

I still find it pretty staggering that the sequel will be coming out over 30 years after the original.

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/06/17 01:59 PM

That probably means then that Mitchell is going to retire soon?
Posted By: damson

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/10/17 03:39 PM

My plug for a script:

biggrin biggrin

tomcat

Love your idea Jayhawk! Send your pitch to Cruise and Bruckheimer ASAP!

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/12/17 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
They should have made it a prequel revolving around Maverick's father, Duke Mitchell, serving aboard the Oriskany in Vietnam with Viper. As the Topgun program started in 1969 there's no reason why it couldn't be included.

I think this is a damn fine idea!
Hopefully they will implement your idea after this sequel, but a prequel idea is a mighty good one!

clapping

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/12/17 11:21 AM

I'm sure Cruise is praying that this sequel is made considering how badly "The Mummy" tanked this weekend.
Posted By: Top Gun

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/12/17 01:33 PM

I'm sure Cruise is praying that this sequel is made considering how badly "The Mummy" tanked this weekend.

I was reading yesterday that it's not doing well at all. It's funny, the girl who plays the Mummy, Sofia Boutella, is also in Atomic Blonde with Charlize Theron. First saw her in The Kingsman, she's pretty hot...

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/12/17 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Top Gun
, Sofia Boutella, is also in Atomic Blonde with Charlize Theron. First saw her in The Kingsman, she's pretty hot...

I didn't know who she was until I saw "Star Trek Discovery" and of course in that movie she was under heavy makeup.

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/12/17 02:14 PM

Cruise is fine regarding his status as an actor and income. The Mummy won't hurt him a bit.

He was miscast on a role written for a Chris Pratt type actor (handsome, funny, in their 30s). He comes across as trying too hard in those roles...and feels like his couch jumping self on Oprah.

The movie failed mainly because it failed to have a focused script (6 different writers worked on it). So the tone was all over from funny adventure to scary movie.

No one would buy the sexy mummy as scary.

But Universal don't want to make their "Dark Universe" scary because Chinese audiences don't favor the genre. So they played it too safe.

Universal should drop monster movies...they do not do well anymore.

See also:

- Dracula Untold

- The Werewolf

- Victor Frankenstein

- !, Frankenstein

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/12/17 02:20 PM

Someone watched the latest "Half in the bag" last night.... wink smile

Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 - 06/12/17 02:25 PM

Universal should drop monster movies...they do not do well anymore.

See also:

- Dracula Untold

- The Werewolf

- Victor Frankenstein

- !, Frankenstein

Agreed. "Penny Dreadful" did well but that was a serialized tv show.
© 2021 SimHQ Forums