homepage

RIP Powers Boothe

Posted By: WOLF257

RIP Powers Boothe - 05/15/17 03:33 AM

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/powers-boothe-emmy-winning-character-actor-dead-68-021733028.html
Posted By: W-Molders

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/15/17 03:47 AM

it was 4 to 1... I got 3..
Posted By: Bohemond

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/15/17 08:36 AM

You're an Eagle driver?
Posted By: RossUK

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/15/17 09:47 AM

I loved him in "By Dawn's Early Light", and "Tombstone".

RIP
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/15/17 10:15 AM

RIP

A good man and a very talented actor. The very first thing I saw him in was the Jim Jones tv miniseries from the early 80's.
Posted By: rwatson

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/15/17 10:19 AM

RIP always good in any movie I saw him in

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/15/17 10:56 AM

Boothe has had a lot of great roles but my top 2 from him are from "Guyana: The Jim Jones Tragedy" and "Tombstone".

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/15/17 12:14 PM

I like both and would add Red Dawn I like that movie

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/15/17 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by rwatson
I like both and would add Red Dawn I like that movie

In retrospect, "Red Dawn" is cheesy as hell but Powers was very convincing in the role of an F-15 pilot. He's one of those few actors who can still be good even when appearing in a campy movie. biggrin

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/15/17 12:30 PM

LOL PM you got it right there but I still like it and Powers was probably what made it for me...I like cheese sometimes
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/15/17 03:17 PM

Don't forget Deadwood. A great performance in a show full of them.
He had a cool Philip Marlowe series on HBO back in the day I loved.
Last saw him on Agents of Shield.
Talented guy, another gone too soon.
Posted By: NH2112

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/15/17 11:11 PM

I remember him best from Red Dawn and Extreme Prejudice. That stentorian voice of his was amazing, I bet you'd have no trouble hearing him on a parade ground.
Posted By: Tarnsman

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/16/17 12:01 AM

Damn this is like a steady drumbeat of my favorite actors.
.Never will forget his performance of Curly Bill in "Tombstone".
RIP
Gone too soon, but not forgotten.
Posted By: coasty

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/16/17 01:40 AM

his performance in Deadwood made everyone else alive to me, just trying to hang onto his piece of the action.
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/16/17 04:20 AM

Died of "natural causes" at 68? That doesn't sound right.
Posted By: Sturmtiger

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/17/17 10:14 AM

His Philip Marlowe was excellent.

I remember he went into a bar and was served a drink. The bartender asked him if he wanted to smooth it out for him. He answered "do you have a wood rasp". Classic
Posted By: Falstar

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/17/17 10:26 AM

I always thought he had the coolest name.

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/17/17 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Falstar
I always thought he had the coolest name.

I'm not sure if that was his birth name or his adopted stage name.
Posted By: oldgrognard

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/17/17 11:06 AM

Seems that was his birth name.

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/17/17 11:31 AM

Dash people do die of "natural causes" at 68 like heart attacks
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/17/17 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by rwatson
Dash people do die of "natural causes" at 68 like heart attacks

True but in that case why not say "Died of a heart attack". Unless the family is just being super private. Just seemed odd.
Posted By: Coot

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/18/17 02:57 AM

I liked a lot of movies he acted in. Most of the things I've seen him in his characters are on the intimidating side and sometimes just plain shady and someone you love to hate. Its really kind of bizarre but I liked Southern Comfort. I love actors like Fred Ward and such and theirs a bunch of them in that movie. I also liked Blue Skies. He was a fine actor and sounded like a great father, husband and friend. RIP sir.
Posted By: Forward Observer

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/18/17 05:23 AM

When someone dies in their sleep--especially when older--unless there is suspicion of foul play or a request is made by the family, the coroner will generally not perform an autopsy and in that case the general reason given for an unknown cause is "death by natural causes".

Just a month ago, the only sister of a friend of mine was found dead in her bed after she didn't show up for work at the family place of business. She was only in her 40's. However, she was overweight and had some heart issues. The family business by the way is a small town funeral home run the mother where both my friend and his sister were undertakers. The family chose not to have an autopsy performed. There was no suspicion of foul play plus my friend thought it would really serve no purpose other than to cause their mother more grief. The father had died of a heart attack just a few years prior.

Anyway since he was a former mayor of the town and on good terms with the county coroner, they just ruled it as died of natural causes. I thought it a bit odd when I first read the obituary, but it made a bit more sense later when I heard the reasoning from my friend.

Cheers

Re: RIP Powers Boothe - 05/20/17 10:03 PM

Tombstone just started on AMC always worth a watch1..Curly Bill's attending a wedding right now Don't think him and the boys are welcome guests
© 2024 SimHQ Forums