homepage

Dirt Rally Free weekend

Posted By: Bib4Tuna

Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/12/17 01:31 PM

Speaking of trying new sims...

One of the best releases of 2015, and probably the most overlooked. Mainly, I think, because of the difficulty curve on realistic, but you can set it to arcadish mode and have some fun too.

When I get the racing itch, this is the one I fire up. I like PCars and Assetto Corsa, but DR feels more organic, like I am really there.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310560/DiRT_Rally/

70% off on the regular price this weekend, but you can download and try the whole thing for free.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/12/17 01:34 PM

Does it have multiplayer with AI cars? If it does I might get it.

Re: Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/12/17 01:37 PM

Yes.

Also, no DLC, so you get everything and any future updates on the same price.

Re: Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/12/17 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bib4Tuna

Yes.

Also, no DLC, so you get everything and any future updates on the same price.

Thanks for that info! I may just buy it on Steam tonight. I'm currently playing F1 2016 but I have room for another racing sim. I uninstalled Assetto Corsa just because of how sterile and dull it was. I really, really tried to get into it but it just wasn't happening.
Posted By: adlabs6

Re: Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/12/17 03:22 PM

I have had a lot of fun with Dirt Rally. I'm not an avid player, but for a quick bit of racing fun I really enjoy it.

Some fantastic courses, and there is no way I will ever be close to the fastest times I've seen posted. Still, I can enjoy turning in a clean race stage at the best pace I can manage.
Posted By: BlueHeron

Re: Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/12/17 03:23 PM

Of all the racing sims I've tried, this one is by far the most fun!
Posted By: cichlidfan

Re: Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/12/17 03:36 PM

It looks really good and the price is hard to pass up but is there any chance of enjoying it without investing in a racing wheel and pedals? Or is there something worthwhile in the range of racing controllers without spending as much as the cost of TM or Fanatec gear?
Posted By: adlabs6

Re: Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/12/17 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by cichlidfan
It looks really good and the price is hard to pass up but is there any chance of enjoying it without investing in a racing wheel and pedals? Or is there something worthwhile in the range of racing controllers without spending as much as the cost of TM or Fanatec gear?

I play with my XBox 360 PC controller, and feel like I'm doing well with it.

Re: Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/12/17 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by adlabs6

I play with my XBox 360 PC controller, and feel like I'm doing well with it.

Thanks. Btw, it is on Amazon for $18.00.

Re: Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/12/17 04:08 PM

Thanks. Btw, it is on Amazon for $18.00.

Same as Steam. It is a Steamworks title....so... you'd have to download from Steam anyway.

Re: Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/12/17 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bib4Tuna
Same as Steam. It is a Steamworks title....so... you'd have to download from Steam anyway.

Yeah, I know. I was just observing, out loud, Amazon and Steam having matching sales. I had never noticed this happening before.
Posted By: DaBBQ

Re: Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/13/17 07:29 AM

Cant download the free trial as t just repeat the page

*EDIT* found a post that it downloads on Big Picture.

Re: Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/13/17 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by DaBBQ
Cant download the free trial as t just repeat the page

*EDIT* found a post that it downloads on Big Picture.

Downloaded just fine, without using Big Picture, here.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/13/17 03:10 PM

I have Dirt 3 Complete Edition (was free last fall), it supports Track IR and is badass. My only problem is I don't have a steering wheel to use with it, but it works well enough with a 360 controller. Also, if you like F-Zero in any way, Redout is... amazing.

Re: Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/13/17 05:27 PM

All three version of Dirt support TIR.
Posted By: TychosElk

Re: Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/13/17 06:27 PM

I've had this on my wishlist for some time, waiting for a sale or free trial. Downloading now...
Posted By: Falstar

Re: Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/14/17 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by TychosElk
I've had this on my wishlist for some time, waiting for a sale or free trial. Downloading now...

You won't be sorry, especially for that price.

Re: Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/15/17 11:10 AM

I've tried using TrackIR for racing sims but I just couldn't get comfortable with it. I may give it another shot.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Dirt Rally Free weekend - 05/15/17 03:26 PM

Cut out the Y axis entirely, that helps in racing. Still, I found it wasn't much worth it.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums