homepage

Sometimes one does get a good deal on Ebay......Gold bars hidden in Iraqi tank

Posted By: BD-123

Sometimes one does get a good deal on Ebay......Gold bars hidden in Iraqi tank - 04/13/17 10:52 AM

Gold bars found hidden in tank

Under British law, won't be able to keep it tfor themselves though.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Sometimes one does get a good deal on Ebay......Gold bars hidden in Iraqi tank - 04/13/17 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by BD-123

I can see why,

"He then recovers the shiny gold bars, which are believed to have been looted by Iraqi soldiers during the invasion of Kuwait in 1990."

Those gold bars are most likely Kuwaiti state property and it would be easy to validate that by comparing the serial numbers on the bars to Kuwaiti governmental records.
Posted By: RSColonel_131st

Re: Sometimes one does get a good deal on Ebay......Gold bars hidden in Iraqi tank - 04/13/17 10:58 AM

Should bring a finder fee though, no?
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: Sometimes one does get a good deal on Ebay......Gold bars hidden in Iraqi tank - 04/13/17 01:52 PM

A tiny fraction of the total value, I'm sure.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Sometimes one does get a good deal on Ebay......Gold bars hidden in Iraqi tank - 04/13/17 05:02 PM

Melt that crap down!
Posted By: U-96

Re: Sometimes one does get a good deal on Ebay......Gold bars hidden in Iraqi tank - 04/13/17 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by BD-123

I can see why,

"He then recovers the shiny gold bars, which are believed to have been looted by Iraqi soldiers during the invasion of Kuwait in 1990."

Those gold bars are most likely Kuwaiti state property and it would be easy to validate that by comparing the serial numbers on the bars to Kuwaiti governmental records.

Treasure Act 1996 gives the local coroner rights to "Objects substantially made from gold or silver but are less than 300 years old, that have been deliberately hidden with the intention of recovery and whose owners or heirs are unknown."

Usually it's intended for archaeological stuff, but this definition works here if it's felt the Kuwaiti govt doesn't have a claim.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums