homepage

Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer

Posted By: Genbrien

Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 01:27 PM

Got leaked some days in advance

You can be sure I wont preorder it :rolleyes
The last one was a HUGE let down

I hope they went back to the old ways with classes and direct vehicule spawn, lala Battlefield or old Battlefront
then MAYBE I,ll buy it
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 01:35 PM

If there is no playable demo then I'm not buying. I'm not going to play the role of the "sucker consumer".
Posted By: Bib4Tuna

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 01:36 PM

Unless they add a meaningful single player campaign (something lasting more than 5 hours), I'll pass.
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 02:02 PM

The trailer implies a storyline. How long it will be I don't know.
People RAVED about the COD4 campaign, despite it being only 4 hours. I thought it was fine but that short length was a major negative for me. If it's under 10 hours, I call it "short" and that's an instant score drop. I liked COD1's campaign far more, even though at 10 hrs it was short compared to previous WWII FPS games like H&D and MOHAA.

Anyway, I fundamentally disapprove of the retconned names. This is SW Battlefront 4, a follow up to Battlefront 3. I played Battlefront 2 for years, this isn't a remastered version of that so they can't call it that! This is the same marketing BS that resulted in a pair of films named The Fast and the Furious and Fast and Furious, or Final Destination and The Final Destination. It's just stupid.

Moronic name aside, I want bots that are fun to fight with and against on a varied set of maps in addition to a nice SP portion.

The Jedi Master

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jedi Master

I want bots that are fun to fight with and against on a varied set of maps in addition to a nice SP portion.

The Jedi Master

This is a must for me and a deal-breaker if the released game does not have it.
Posted By: RSColonel_131st

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 02:58 PM

I haven't played it myself but from what I gathered BF1 made an effort to present some acceptable SP Story / Campaign.

Since it's the same developer there may yet be (a new) hope...

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st
I haven't played it myself but from what I gathered BF1 made an effort to present some acceptable SP Story / Campaign.

there is no campaign is the last Battlefront

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 03:08 PM

There's Youtubes around showing some "War Story" missions for SP including cutscenes...?

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 03:13 PM

There's Youtubes around showing some "War Story" missions for SP including cutscenes...?

maybe you're speaking of the old Battlefront 1 & 2 (2004-2005)

The ''new'' Battlefront (2013) doesn't have a Sp campaign. It has some single missions though, maybe you're speaking about that?

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 03:22 PM

I mean stuff like this:

...which looks to me like a proper SP setup with cutscenes, mission objectives etc.

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 03:42 PM

I mean stuff like this:

...which looks to me like a proper SP setup with cutscenes, mission objectives etc.

ah BATTLEFIELD 1 !!!

yes there is a campaign

my bad I though you were speaking of Battlefront

yes it was good in battlefield1

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 03:57 PM

Yay okay, maybe wasn't a good idea to use BF1 shorthand for games that are actually almost named the same wink Didn't catch up on your reply either.

Point being, DICE did Battlefield 1 with what seems to be a pretty resourcefull take on telling a story (or stories). Same treatment for the Star Wars universe could be really fun.
Posted By: Dart

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 04:01 PM

Wait, is this a sequel to the Star Wars MMO where one chose the path of light over dark and battled evil by, according to what I saw during my free period, danced in cantinas or fished in a local creek?

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 04:01 PM

. Same treatment for the Star Wars universe could be really fun.

Yes it could be fun but EA/Disney runs the show now with the Battlefront games so I highly doubt we'll get an SP campaign.

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dart
Wait, is this a sequel to the Star Wars MMO where one chose the path of light over dark and battled evil by, according to what I saw during my free period, danced in cantinas or fished in a local creek?

LOL Ah, "Galaxies". I tried it for a 2 week free trial period and then promptly uninstalled it.
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Genbrien
Got leaked some days in advance

Code
[video:vimeo]https://vimeo.com/212842535[/video]

You can be sure I wont preorder it :rolleyes
The last one was a HUGE let down

I hope they went back to the old ways with classes and direct vehicule spawn, lala Battlefield or old Battlefront
then MAYBE I,ll buy it

Video has already been taken down. frown
Originally Posted by Vimeo
Sorry, this video is unavailable

Vimeo has removed or disabled access to the video bf2 as a result of a third-party notification by Electronic Arts Inc. that claims this material is infringing on their copyright.

---------------------------------------------------

This video was removed on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 At 10:47 AM. A public record of this claim is available here.

Wheels
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 06:20 PM

It was said a while back that this one would have a campaign. The question is about co-op in that campaign.

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
It was said a while back that this one would have a campaign. The question is about co-op in that campaign.

I would love, love a COOP campaign but I will buy it if the campaign is only SP but the story and missions better be good!
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 08:05 PM

Might not be up long.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 08:25 PM

I've not really been a SW game fan.The last one I actually enjoyed was Dark Forces. Was that really 22 years ago? Wow.
Posted By: DaBBQ

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dart

Nothing's fun if someone isn't chucking thermal detonator while hauling in a gungun behemoth.
Posted By: SkateZilla

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/12/17 10:29 PM

nope...
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/13/17 01:12 PM

IMO the pinnacle was Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy. Outcast had the best story and overall design, but Academy offered great additions to the saber fighting and lots of interesting levels by virtue of them not being connected to each other.

While SWBF2 had the good space battles, they weren't XWA good. Still better than the recent one, though. The saber heroes were not great compared to JO/JA, but the shooting was fine. It was a big compromise--you get your SW shooting, sabers, and space battles in one package in return for all of them having been done better elsewhere.

The one from two years ago seemed to sacrifice too much in return for the awesome visuals.

The Jedi Master

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 04/13/17 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jedi Master
IMO the pinnacle was Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy. Outcast had the best story and overall design, but Academy offered great additions to the saber fighting and lots of interesting levels by virtue of them not being connected to each other.

While SWBF2 had the good space battles, they weren't XWA good. Still better than the recent one, though. The saber heroes were not great compared to JO/JA, but the shooting was fine. It was a big compromise--you get your SW shooting, sabers, and space battles in one package in return for all of them having been done better elsewhere.

The one from two years ago seemed to sacrifice too much in return for the awesome visuals.

The Jedi Master

+10000

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 06/10/17 10:03 PM

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 06/11/17 03:31 PM

saw some gameplay yesterday

I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised.
-Classes
-Free DLC
-Clones/droids (with TV shows voices)
-heroes/vehicules with points so anybody can have them now

Seems to be how the last Battlefront should've been

I said to myself to not preorder, but right now on Amazon its 50$can (instead of 80)
I must say that I,m VERY tempted

Will wait a bit to see if we get more details about the SP, but any campaign that is canon is good to me

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 06/11/17 04:02 PM

Posted By: Top Gun

Re: Star Wars Battlefront2 Leaked Trailer - 06/12/17 01:37 PM

bought the last one, wasn't impressed at all. Won't be making that mistake again.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums