homepage

Come on Maple Leafs

Posted By: LB4LB

Come on Maple Leafs - 04/07/17 02:07 AM

What is with the Toronto Maple Leafs? They looked liked they were in the NHL playoffs for sure. They can't choke and let Tampa Bay in. That would just suck.
Posted By: No105_Archie

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/07/17 12:59 PM

As a long time ( 5 decades + ) Leafs fan ..I have no idea what is wrong with the Leafs. The last time they played well was in 1967 !!
Posted By: Vertigo1

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/07/17 08:50 PM

Last time I watched a Leafs game, Felix the cat was in goal.
Posted By: KraziKanuK

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/07/17 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by LB4LB
What is with the Toronto Maple Leafs? They looked liked they were in the NHL playoffs for sure. They can't choke and let Tampa Bay in. That would just suck.

There aren't called the Maple Griefs for no reason. stirthepot
Posted By: Dick Dastardly

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/08/17 12:46 AM

I was there when they dismantled Tampa last month 5-0... Being with a Canadian made it all the more enjoyable. Guess it was payback time. smile
Posted By: WangoTango

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/08/17 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by KraziKanuK

There aren't called the Maple Griefs for no reason. stirthepot

[Linked Image]

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/08/17 08:39 PM

Hey, I'm rooting for the Leafs. I hate Tampa Bay.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/08/17 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by WangoTango

[Linked Image]

Ah, a Maple Grief fan green with envy.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/09/17 03:16 PM

Well Toronto made into the playoffs and will play Ottawa.

The Toronto Sports Network (TSN) announcers almost wet their panties with their joy.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/09/17 04:58 PM

Why are you so jealous of Toronto ?

BTW The Leafs need a point in their final game today to play Ottawa. If not they play Washington. Bruins have tie breaker with Leafs.
Posted By: DM

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/09/17 08:31 PM

Shouldn't it be "Come on Maple leaves"? smile
Posted By: Mad Max

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/10/17 01:35 AM

You beat me to it, DM. smile

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/11/17 12:48 PM

no it should not be 'leaves'

It's hockey ...grammar has no part in it . GO LEAFS biggrin
Posted By: FourSpeed

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/11/17 06:18 PM

Hmmm... Not sure how you figured Toronto Plays Ottawa... You wish... biggrin
Unfortunately, they play the Caps... boom

Here's a link to the Playoff Bracket --> NHL Playoffs

So, with that in mind, here are my 1st round picks.

Eastern Conference

MTL - NYR: Montreal
OTT - BOS: Boston
WSH - TOR: Washington (sorry, Leafs fans)
PIT-CBJ: Columbus (my upset pick)

Western Conference

CHI - NSH: Chicago
MIN - STL: Minnesota
ANA - CGY: Annaheim
EDM - SJS: Edmonton

So... What are your picks for the first round?

Cheers,
4 <S!>
Bleu, Blanc et Rouge!!!

Posted By: SkateZilla

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/11/17 06:20 PM

Canadian team led by an American, lol...

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/11/17 06:40 PM

Yah 4Speed was a bit quick on that.

Season
Nov. 24: Ottawa wins 3-1

March 6: Ottawa wins 4-2

March 21: Ottawa wins 3-2

April 6: Ottawa wins 2-1 (SO)

It will be a good series.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/11/17 06:54 PM

I'll take my annual wild guess. First round:

Eastern Conference

MTL - NYR: New York (the King stands on his head, frustrates the Habs)
OTT - BOS: Boston (Marchand high sticks, spears, and slue foots everybody, including the vendors and Zamboni driver and keeps all his teeth)
WSH - TOR: Washington (this might be there year they break the President's trophy curse, maybe)
PIT-CBJ: Pittsburgh (as much as I want an upset, Pitt in 6. NBC , the NHL, and Bettman rejoice)

Western Conference

CHI - NSH: Chicago (they look dominate. They take it all)
MIN - STL: Minnesota (finally some joy up there. Should still be called the North Stars)
ANA - CGY: Annaheim (Perry and Getzlaf wake up for one series, then they are done)
EDM - SJS: Edmonton (Sharks injury's are too much to handle a hungry Oiler's team. They make it to Conference final against the mighty Black Hawks).

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/13/17 11:36 PM

Leafs up 2 - zip on the Caps. Could it be another first round choke of epic proportions for the Caps ?

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/14/17 12:54 AM

Leafs up 2 - zip on the Caps. Could it be another first round choke of epic proportions for the Caps ?

2-2 now.
Posted By: Quickcord

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/14/17 03:31 AM

Wilson in OT!!! Caps fan here, waiting for the eventual choke!! Always play like %$#@! after a break. Have the talent but never utilize it.

Quickocrd
Posted By: Top Gun

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/14/17 01:01 PM

Yah 4Speed was a bit quick on that.

Season
Nov. 24: Ottawa wins 3-1

March 6: Ottawa wins 4-2

March 21: Ottawa wins 3-2

April 6: Ottawa wins 2-1 (SO)

It will be a good series.

Bruins take game 1 in the Playoffs neaner

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/14/17 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Quickcord
Wilson in OT!!! Caps fan here, waiting for the eventual choke!! Always play like %$#@! after a break. Have the talent but never utilize it.

Quickocrd

Bit of a heartbreaker for my Leafs. Kid's came to play though.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/15/17 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Top Gun

Sens take game 2. bananadance stirthepot
Posted By: knightgames

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/16/17 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Top Gun

Sens take game 2. bananadance stirthepot

I turned the game on with ~ 18 minutes left in the third period. Bruins were ahead 3 - 1. Senators look lifeless and out of sorts. Suddenly, the Bruins looked horrible and the senators didn't. The Bruins looked so out of sorts and position that I thought I missed a penalty call and they were playing with five on the ice instead of six. Within 4 minutes the score was tied. I had to turn the game off too. (I guess THAT didn't help) This is why I don't watch Bruins hockey. Nor watch the Red Sox - though I do listen in while driving.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/16/17 08:48 PM

GO LEAFS ! 4 -3 in OT biggrin

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/16/17 10:47 PM

Washington needs to start making the physical game count against the Leafs. They are flirting with disaster. What's up with Chicago ? Who saw that coming ?

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/17/17 01:36 PM

Washington needs to start making the physical game count against the Leafs. They are flirting with disaster. What's up with Chicago ? Who saw that coming ?

Chicago shutout in first 2 games. Unbelievable. Leafs giving the Caps a real go. Like they always say, regular season means nothing.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/17/17 01:53 PM

Meet Twitters latest star....Dart Guy.

https://theathletic.com/53279/2017/04/16/dart-guy-has-become-the-hero-maple-leafs-fans-need/

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/17/17 02:29 PM

The Hab's are doing better than I would like. They were 17 seconds away from being down 2 games to none. Forced OT in Game 2 and win, and they win game 3 in New York. Lead the series 2-1.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/17/17 04:14 PM

I have said it before, but I love the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. The most exciting hockey of the year. Usually better than the finals. Oilers looked solid last night. Ranges were sleep walking out there. Those damn Penguins are looking unbeatable, again. Ugh !

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/18/17 02:10 AM

Go Leafs Go ! Got to be tough being a Caps fan.

Go Sens too.

Now Calgary get a win tonight.

I think I am part Canadian. Love Hockey, Rush and Tragically Hip are my favorite bands, prefer cold weather over hot, etc..

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/18/17 02:22 AM

Looks like the Leafs will NOT be swept by the Caps, as many predicted.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/18/17 01:53 PM

I think I am part Canadian.

Do you like your beer with a bit of kick ( and taste ) to it ?

Do you like doughnuts ?

Do you like maple syrup ?

This may mean you have Canadian blood

The sure test is this .............do you believe this statement ? "Only sissies need 4 tries to move a football 10 yards" biggrin

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/18/17 04:26 PM

I believe Miller and Bud Light should only be used to put small fires out. But I am not a beer snob by any means.

I love doughnuts, but hate Tim Horton's donuts and coffee.

Love maple syrup.

When it comes to football, I hate field goals.

So the tests are inconclusive. Need more data.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/18/17 06:51 PM

Do you say 'eh' a lot?
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/18/17 06:52 PM

Tim Hortons is basically the Dunkin Donuts of Canada right:? If so, I would like eating there.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/18/17 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by WangoTango
Looks like the Leafs will NOT be swept by the Caps, as many predicted.

True. But who on Earth would have predicted the Hawks might be?

I don't think I can ever recall a first round where 1/2 of those series would be 3-0 and looking to sweep... Insane.

That said, I need my Habs to step forward and slay the King again tonight. A commanding lead going back to the Bell Centre would be excellent. charge

Cheers,
4 <S!>

PS> I *am* Canadian, but I don't think Archie's test is representative. For starters, it doesn't include Canadian Blended Whisky as a viable option to beer (mandatory point deduction for that transgression), there was no mention at all about backbacon, or any appropriate acknowledgement that "dropping the gloves" is a perfectly viable alternative for resolving issues (and usually recommended over all those guns that our neighbouring Americans seem to favour). Doughnuts and Maple Syrup are good though... hick

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/18/17 09:06 PM

How about if you think Don Cherry's face should be on some of your money ?

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/19/17 02:30 AM

How about if you think Don Cherry's face should be on some of your money ?

He should be on our flag.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/21/17 02:42 AM

No Habs No bananadance

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/21/17 01:54 PM

What's up with the Preds ? It must be the yellow helmets. Go Oilers !

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/21/17 02:17 PM

What's up with the Preds ? It must be the yellow helmets. Go Oilers !

PK Subban Goes to Nashville,

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/21/17 02:21 PM

Bruins will be done tonight, they've played just horrible even with all the injuries.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/21/17 02:25 PM

Boston was Streaky all year, and the losing streak coincided with Playoffs start...

Taking a break from playoff conferences.... Terry Pegula needs to stop drinkin before his press conferences.... dunno when the NHL started a franchise in Cleveland.. lol.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/21/17 02:33 PM

At least those teams don't have a guy like Ken Holland who gives long term, multi million dollars contracts to players that are mediocre at best. The Wings will be a last place team for a decade. The Sabres have something to work with. The Bruins do need a shake up.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/21/17 03:50 PM

At least those teams don't have a guy like Ken Holland who gives long term, multi million dollars contracts to players that are mediocre at best. The Bruins do need a shake up.

Ah, the Bruins do that and a bunch of them have no trade clauses... So they get rid of Claude and he wasn't the problem, time to clean house and start over. Get rid of Rask and Krecji, to me, Bergeron & Marchand are the only 2 who should stay and even Marchand I wish they traded long ago due to all his stupid slew footing trips. He's nothing but a little punk

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/22/17 10:58 PM

To be fair, Ken Holland had a good run.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/22/17 11:08 PM

I might have to stop calling Toronto the Griefs. wave2

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/22/17 11:15 PM

Holland did have a good run, but he lost his mind with the contracts. Check this link out and see how bad some off them are. Still paying Franzen and Weiss, who haven't played in years. Helm, Ericson, Abdelkader geting 4 and 5 million a year for another 5 years. Just plain crazy.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/DET/2017_salary-cap.html

This is a good NHL site for stats and other stuff:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/23/17 03:45 AM

I only have 1 thing to say.........OLE OLE OLE !! bananadance

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/23/17 03:47 AM

Holland did have a good run, but he lost his mind with the contracts. Check this link out and see how bad some off them are. Still paying Franzen and Weiss, who haven't played in years. Helm, Ericson, Abdelkader geting 4 and 5 million a year for another 5 years. Just plain crazy.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/DET/2017_salary-cap.html

This is a good NHL site for stats and other stuff:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/

That is a good site. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/23/17 05:36 AM

Playoff status

https://www.nhl.com/stanley-cup-playoffs

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/23/17 03:12 PM

I would love to see the Leafs beat the Caps, but I think the Caps are better suited to beat Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh being knocked out is the prime directive. I know, my lack of faith is disturbing.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/23/17 06:37 PM

Yup will be hard to take the crybaby lifting the Cup over his head once again.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/24/17 11:31 AM

Don't have to listen to TSN (Toronto Sports Network) going on and on and on about the Toronto hockey team any more.

Thank you Washington Capitals.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/24/17 04:00 PM

Don't have to listen to TSN (Toronto Sports Network) going on and on and on about the Toronto hockey team any more.

Thank you Washington Capitals.

So that's where all the hate comes from. biggrin

What a great series, 5 OT games, all 6 games decided by one goal. The kids on the Leafs have shown us Leaf fans we have alot to look forward to. Freddie Anderson may have been the biggest factor of all though.

Still need a #1 Defenceman though.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/24/17 04:42 PM

The Leafs do have a promising future, but every team in the NHL is looking for good defense. Everyone wants a guy who is mixture of Nick Lidstrom and Scott Stevens. The problem is, they don't exist. I don't understand the Bruins. There were times this year they looked really, really good. So my next round wild guess.

St. Loius beats Nashville - The Blues are playing great defensive hockey.

Anaheim beats Edmonton - The Ducks are just too big and strong. Still rooting for the Oilers though.

New York beats Ottawa - The Rangers will just barely take series. It will go 7 games.

Pittsburgh beats Washington - I want Washington to win too badly. The hockey Gods seem to be favoring The Pens for some unholy reason. Plus, they are pretty damn good.

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/24/17 08:19 PM

Well, I'm glad *that* round is done... Ouch...

Here are my picks for Round-2:

EAST

NYR-OTT: NYR - They've got the "can't win at home" monkey off their backs, and Lundqvist pitchafit absolutely stoned the Habs.... NYR in 6.

WSH-PIT: WSH - PIT squashed CBJ like bugs banghead , but, WSH got a good scare and survived it -- TOR surprised them, but PIT won't... Should be great series, but I think WSH takes it in 7.

WEST

NSH - STL: NSH -- They say "To be the best, you gotta beat the best" and they went thru CHI like a chainsaw through butter. Rinne was unbelievable (and he had as many offensive points himself (2 assists) as any Chicago players did -- Ouch). I think they're pretty convinced they can beat anyone now, and they might just be right. STL was very good against MIN, but Rinne is as hot as a volcano right now, so I'm going with that... NSH in 6

ANA - EDM: EDM -- gotta have an upset pick, and this is it... cheers ANA is big and strong and may well grind them down, but EDM is very fast, they've now got a couple guys who finally know how to win a game, and McDavid is the real deal -- if ANA can't catch him and pin him, he has a real chance to kill 'em dead. Gibson or Talbot? meh - they look like a wash to me... EDM in 7

GL Guys!

Regards,
4 <S!>
Posted By: Robbster

Re: Come on Maple Leafs - 04/26/17 04:39 AM

The Leafs do have a promising future.

Only time will tell. There's been other teams over the years where we've been told how promising a future they had, and they failed to live up to expectations. Carolina, Florida, Colorado, etc.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums