homepage

As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

Posted By: Jayhawk

As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. - 10/27/16 06:14 PM

Uwe Boll apparently just retired! nope

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entert...y-a7382521.html

biggrin biggrin
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. - 10/27/16 06:21 PM

I won't be missing him but this comment really caught my attention,

"“The market is dead, you don’t make any money anymore on movies because the DVD and Blu Ray market worldwide has dropped 80 per cent in the last three years,”

I knew that DVD and bluray sales had been dropping due to the rising popularity of online streaming and on demand services but I didn't know the decline was that steep.

I guess I'm a dinosaur since I still often buy stuff on dvd and bluray. smile
Posted By: Crane Hunter

Re: As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. - 10/27/16 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer

"“The market is dead, you don’t make any money anymore on movies because the DVD and Blu Ray market worldwide has dropped 80 per cent in the last three years,”

I knew that DVD and bluray sales had been dropping due to the rising popularity of online streaming and on demand services but I didn't know the decline was that steep.

I believe it, in fact I think its only a matter of time before the content itself starts to swing towards little independent studios and even fan made films, thanks to things like Kickstarter and production tools becoming a lot more affordable.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. - 10/27/16 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Crane Hunter

in fact I think its only a matter of time before the content itself starts to swing towards little independent studios and even fan made films, thanks to things like Kickstarter and production tools becoming a lot more affordable.

Yeah, I do see that trend happening to the extent to where eventually the only films being released in the multiplex theaters are the mega-budgeted comic book and action movies that are guaranteed or almost guaranteed to draw a large mainstream audience.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. - 10/27/16 07:43 PM

The moral of that story: don't make straight to dvd movies. neaner

Digital is just another platform, just like reel to reel tape, VHS, beta, laser disc, dvd, blu-ray.
But there's more profit in it since there's no warehousing and shipping, just servers. People still buy blu-ray though, it just usually comes with a digital version as well.
He's making excuses. Sour grapes.

The movie business is good enough for new outlets to be jumping INTO it. Netflix, Amazon and others. He's just a crappy moviemaker no one wants to fund.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. - 10/27/16 07:53 PM

Oh no! He made my favourite film 'Postal'.

behindcouch
Posted By: SkateZilla

Re: As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. - 10/27/16 07:53 PM

Easier to launch Console Goto Online Catalog/Store, Rent in HD for $1.99-7.99.

We rent everything or use RedBox if it's not available to rent (some movies you have to digitally buy and they wont allow rentals).
Posted By: Peally

Re: As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. - 10/27/16 08:14 PM

"“The market is dead, you don’t make any money anymore on movies because people wanting to claw their eyes out at vomit inducing-ly bad movies worldwide have dropped 80 per cent in the last three years due to only having two eyes to claw out”

I fixed it for him.
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. - 10/27/16 08:22 PM

No digital service would host his stuff or pay him what we wanted I guess.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: Crane Hunter

Re: As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. - 10/27/16 08:36 PM

If an intentionally bad movie like Kung Fury can be somewhat of success, then Uwe Boll should have had what it takes.

I guess he sucks at sucking.
Posted By: Ssnake

Re: As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. - 10/27/16 09:22 PM

That's Dr. Uwe Boll, for you!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums