homepage

Arnold Palmer RIP

Posted By: Cajun

Arnold Palmer RIP - 09/26/16 02:16 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/25/us/arnold-palmer-death/index.html

I loved his commercials.....and his golf.

Great guy all around.

I seem to remember a news story of a documentary where he said that he did not consider his career as a golfer work but when he retired and began to design golf courses, he said he began working then.
Posted By: JimK

Re: Arnold Palmer RIP - 09/26/16 02:39 AM

A true Golfing Legend. Tiger Woods will be sad for sure. sigh
Posted By: Falstar

Re: Arnold Palmer RIP - 09/26/16 02:41 AM

Meet him about 10 years ago. Very nice man.
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: Arnold Palmer RIP - 09/26/16 02:41 AM

Classy Guy

<S>
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Arnold Palmer RIP - 09/26/16 03:55 AM

I'm not a golf fan but Palmer always struck me as a genuine nice guy in the few interviews I saw him in.
Posted By: mailman

Re: Arnold Palmer RIP - 09/26/16 10:29 AM

Would loved to have seen this guy play in his prime. Although, given how poorly he looked at the Masters a couple years ago it was an achievement that he hung on for this long.

Regards

Mailman
Posted By: cichlidfan

Re: Arnold Palmer RIP - 09/26/16 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: mailman
Would loved to have seen this guy play in his prime.

I did, many times, and it was great to watch. He will be missed by many.

RIP
Posted By: semmern

Re: Arnold Palmer RIP - 09/26/16 11:51 PM

A golfing legend, and a very accomplished pilot.

RIP.
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: Arnold Palmer RIP - 09/27/16 03:26 AM

Heard a story about Palmer on the radio today.

Local radio guy says he had just became a sports reporter for a local TV station in Myrtle Beach SC in 1979 and Palmer was playing in a tournament. So he decides to ask Palmer for an interview, his first ever, after Palmer plays the 18th hole. Keep in mind Palmer doesn't play very well this particular day.

So he approaches Palmer and asks for a few minutes and Palmer says "Sure, let me go clean up real quick". After he washes up he comes back and first thing he asks this new, young report is his name. He tells him Bob.

Now Bob proceeds to ask Palmer 5-6 questions and Palmer answers each, making sure refer to Bob by his name in each of his answers. Palmer knew that the entire interview probably wouldn't be used but he wanted to be sure that whatever portion was used he would be seen and heard to address this reporter, who he had never met before, by his name.

Classy.
Posted By: Linebacker

Re: Arnold Palmer RIP - 09/27/16 03:37 AM

Remembering a person's name is "How to Win Friends and Influence People" 101. biggrin

Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Arnold Palmer RIP - 09/27/16 05:41 AM

Sad news. frown

RIP Arnold

Wheels
© 2024 SimHQ Forums